• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if Groove Coaster will be released WW?
Not yet, no. We did get one of the mobile versions with a toooon of DLC & I noticed a few songs that're part of the game are also in Taiko Drum Master between the PS4 & Switch versions, so there is a chance they can get the licensing worked out. Thankfully, despite the hurdle of having to buy it from the JPN eShop, the menus are completely translated, which might be a sign it could be coming over?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is it too much to ask for Reisuke Ishida's other masterpiece on Switch? Space Invaders Infinity Gene?

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Brand new Nintendo made eShop only game.

The Stretchers. New IP. Out today. Japan only. 1818 yen.

main_visual.jpg

EDIT: Out now in the U.K. eShop!!!!!!!
UK trailer:

£17.99

Last edited:

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed how the controls felt on the New Super Lucky's Tale demo. Wish the game was 60fps, but at least it feels tight and responsive, and the visuals are pretty good.

I think I'm going to buy the game physically tomorrow. It will be at Walmart for ~$33, so it's hard to say no to that.
Is this an in-store deal only, or can you order for that price online? That sounds really good, I might have to jump on that.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
What was the problem with HM? Just bought it (for the 4th time...) at discount and didn't notice nothing so far..

Supposedly there were some bugs that caused enemies to spawn outside the actual level on occasion, making it impossible to win without restarting. I know there were patches to address that and some other issues but I'm not sure what the consensus was months later.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Juicy Realm strangely drains battery like a motherfucker. Or maybe I just dont notice time passing while playing it >_>

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed how the controls felt on the New Super Lucky's Tale demo. Wish the game was 60fps, but at least it feels tight and responsive, and the visuals are pretty good.

I think I'm going to buy the game physically tomorrow. It will be at Walmart for ~$33, so it's hard to say no to that.

That's a great price! Glad to hear you enjoyed the demo.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Based on co-op but is there any solo content ? Like, each character is one stick...
Right so you start the adventure and at anytime you can change between multiplayer and single player.

Single Player: Control both medics with one controller. The blue medic is controlled with the left side of the controller and the red medic with the right side of the controller.

Multiplayer: One player each controls a medic.

It's crazy at first in single player, controlling both characters with both the left and right control stick.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Right so you start the adventure and at anytime you can change between multiplayer and single player.

Single Player: Control both medics with one controller. The blue medic is controlled with the left side of the controller and the red medic with the right side of the controller.

Multiplayer: One player each controls a medic.

It's crazy at first in single player, controlling both characters with both the left and right control stick.

Mmmh thanks for the report ! As a single player it could be fun, depending on how hard it goes...

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on holiday at the moment in the US with my UK switch. If I bought a game over here, will it work on my Switch?

I know the consoles are region free, but just wanted to be sure.

LiftGammaGain

Oct 29, 2017
Asia-Europe
Supposedly there were some bugs that caused enemies to spawn outside the actual level on occasion, making it impossible to win without restarting. I know there were patches to address that and some other issues but I'm not sure what the consensus was months later.

Ok didn't know about that... So far so good i guess... Im on chapter 5. The game is on version 1.03. Maybe they fixed something?

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone buy the new Layton game? Keen to know any impressions

I've always wanted to get into it, could be my first foray into the series. Is the film worth watching?

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm about to start Torchlight II - and I'm just looking for a teensy bit of advice.

I've seen people on various sites complain about how the game doesn't allow you to roll back stats once you've chosen a build (or however you want to put it) - should I be using the internet to make a cool build? Or is this game better if I go in blind and just play it, potential mistakes and all?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm about to start Torchlight II - and I'm just looking for a teensy bit of advice.

I've seen people on various sites complain about how the game doesn't allow you to roll back stats once you've chosen a build (or however you want to put it) - should I be using the internet to make a cool build? Or is this game better if I go in blind and just play it, potential mistakes and all?

they were supposed to add full respecs in a patch, I dont think it's live tho.

Oct 28, 2017

I've always wanted to get into it, could be my first foray into the series. Is the film worth watching?
I played it on the 3DS earlier in the year, I'd rank it lowest of the ones I've played, story wasn't very good and too many of the puzzles are stupid "gotcha's" rather than legitimate puzzles to solve.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played it on the 3DS earlier in the year, I'd rank it lowest of the ones I've played, story wasn't very good and too many of the puzzles are stupid "gotcha's" rather than legitimate puzzles to solve.

Ah right, didn't realise it was out on 3DS earlier. I'll still tempted but will probably wait until after SW: Fallen Order

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
So I just tried the Super Lucky's Tale demo, and I'm impressed. What a super upbeat and fun platformer. The engine chugs a bit here and there, and the load times aren't great, but it was such a jolly experience, and the music on the demo stage was catchy as hell.

Has anyone here played it? Does the quality hold up throughout the game?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ah man right when I thought I was going to have a no games month now I have Mini Metro, Stretchers, Touryst and LoTR Adventure card game all vying for my wallet, but I can only do one

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
New Super Lucky Tale looks so cute. I need to resist
Having recently played Spyro for the first time, I am in a 3D platforming mood

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dang, because of this thread last night I picked up...
Stay Cool, Kobayashi-San (I'm a fiend for Kunio and after nobody provided impressions I figured I'd do it myself. Plus the original designers of Renegade and RCR uniting to make a new game? COME ON)
Monkey Barrels (GOOD FEEL makes me FEEL GOOD)

Groove Coaster (was surprised at the high price + no physical release. Hope I don't regret not waiting as I have a strong preference for the tangible)

And now...
The Stretchers!

Week November 07th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

• The Stretchers - Tarsier Studios/Nintendo - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.8 GB
  • New Super Lucky's Tale - Playful - $39.99/€39.99 - 5.6 GB
  • Stay Cool, Kobayashi-san!: A River City Ransom Story - Arc System Works - $13.99/€12.79 - 798 MB
  • The Lord of the Rings: Adventure Card Game - Asmodee Digital - $24.99/€24.99 - 3.6 GB
  • Skybolt Zack - Devs Must Die/Green Man Gaming - $19.99/€19.99 (Launch sale: $16.99/€16.99) - 4.6 GB
    thestretchersrwjpg.jpg
    newsuperluckystalezwj6i.jpg
    staycoolkobayashi-sanu7kyn.jpg
    thelordoftheringsadves3kxw.jpg
    skyboltzack7gj3u.jpg
  • Juicy Realm - X.D. Network - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: $11.99/€11.99) - 637 MB
  • Monkey Barrels - Good-Feel - $14.99/€14.99 - 3.1 GB
  • Sturmwind Ex - B-Alive - $12.99/€12.99 - 1.2 GB
  • Tokyo Dark: Remembrance - Unties - $19.99/€17.99 (Launch sale: $15.99/€14.39) - 1.1 GB
  • The Grisaia Trilogy - Prototype - $59.99/€59.99 - 11.6 GB
    juicyrealm0qjxe.jpg
    monkeybarrelssyktq.jpg
    sturmwindexpgj8n.jpg
    tokyodark-remembrance5fk8d.jpg
    thegrisaiatrilogyqzjvi.jpg
  • Incredible Mandy - Circle Ent. - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: $13.49/€13.49) - 2.0 GB
  • Strange Telephone - Playism - $9.99/€8.99 (Launch sale: $8.99/€8.09) - 85 MB
  • Headsnatchers - Iceberg Interactive - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: $4.99/€4.99) - 2.2 GB
  • Animus: Harbinger - Troooze - $7.99/€8.99 - 1.6 GB
  • Ritual: Crown of Horns - Feardemic - $19.99/€19.99 (Launch sale: $15.99/€15.99) - 3.1 GB
    incrediblemandysvjil.jpg
    strangetelephoneq6jui.jpg
    headsnatchers9cknr.jpg
    animusharbingerljkrv.jpg
    ritualcrownofhorns19kat.jpg
  • T.N.K III - Arcade - SNK/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Super Street: Racer - Funbox Media - $49.99/€44.99 - 2.7 GB
  • Asdivine Kamura - Kemco - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: €13.49) - 1.0 GB
  • Garfield Kart: Furious Racing - Microids - $29.99/€29.99 - 1.4 GB *11/19 on NA*
  • The Manga Works - Kairosoft - $14.00/€13.00 - 192 MB
    arcadearchivest.n.kiiejjox.jpg
    superstreetraceroak6b.jpg
    asdivinekamura6zkpg.jpg
    garfieldkartfuriousraxskju.jpg
    themangaworkstsk5g.jpg
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 - Sega - $59.99/€59.99 - 6.3 GB
  • Disney Tsum Tsum Festival - Bandai Namco Games - $49.99/€49.99 - 2.3 GB
  • Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires' Conspiracy - Deluxe Edition - Level 5 - $39.99/€39.99 - 3.2 GB
  • Jumanji: The Video Game - Outright Games - $39.99/€39.99 - 781 MB
  • Just Dance 2020 - Ubisoft - $39.99/€59.99 - 6.9 GB
    mariosonicattheolympidukuj.jpg
    disneytsumtsumfestiva0akoh.jpg
    laytonsmysteryjourneyyrjd4.jpg
    jumanjievkn5.jpg
    justdance202017kh9.jpg
  • One Person Story - Drageus Games - $2.99/€2.99 (Launch sale: $1.49/€1.49) - 118 MB
  • Blindy - Ultimate Games - $7.99/€6.99 - 49 MB
  • House of Golf - Atomicom - $9.99/€9.99 - 969 MB
  • Football Game - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $3.99/€3.99) - 216 MB
  • Rally Road - Dispatch Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 92 MB
    onepersonstorymhjn5.jpg
    blindyu6kbq.jpg
    houseofgolfg1kyf.jpg
    footballgame86jxm.jpg
    rallyroad7vjm7.jpg
  • Rekt - QubicGames - $5.99/€5.99 (Launch sale: $2.99/€2.99) - 156 MB
  • Ships - Ultimate Games - $13.99/€12.99 - 2.6 GB
  • Meanders - FrancescoZacchini - $4.99/€4.99 - 1.0 GB
  • Puzzlement - Gamebra.in - $1.99/€1.99 - 66 MB
  • Construction Simulator 2 US: Console Edition - Astragon - $19.99/€19.99 - 2.5 GB
    rekthighoctanestuntsm3kh2.jpg
    shipssajt7.jpg
    meanderslmjjv.jpg
    puzzlement40jpv.jpg
    constructionsimulatork6ju9.jpg

- DLCs

• Farm Together - Milkstone Studios
    07 - Season 2 Bundle - $9.99/€9.99
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Nintendo
    07 - Terry Bogard Challenge Pack - $5.99/€5.99
  • Human: Fall Flat - Curve Digital
    07 - Ice - Free
  • Old School Musical - Plug In Digital
    07 - Toricity - Free

- Demos

• Just Dance 2020 - Ubisoft
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 Jumbo Demo - Nintendo
  • AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES - Spike Chunsoft US
  • Invisigun Reloaded - Sombr Studio
  • Puzzle Quest: The Legend Returns - D3Go
  • Desktop Rugby Trial Edition - SAT-BOX
  • Instant Sports - Plug In Digital

- Japan

• Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party!!!! - Taito - ¥6,500
  • Doukoku Soshite... Remastered - Red Flag Ship - ¥3,980
  • Eiga Sumikko Gurashi: Tobidasu Ehon to Himitsu no Ko - Game de Asobou! Ehon no Sekai - Nippon Columbia - ¥5,280
    groovecoasterwaiwaipaj4kcp.jpg
    doukokusoshite...remad9kor.jpg
    eigasumikkogurashitobx2jzh.jpg

- Late Releases

• Haunted: Halloween '86 - Mega Cat Studios - €8.99 - 88 MB *EU*

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Any brave soul who bought The Stretchers for single-player? Is it worth playing if you don't have a local co-op buddy?

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
This is interesting, mainly just because I don't think any other game that I know of has implemented this, but apparently Divinity: Original Sin 2 now supports the friend invites.

Forum Post detailing new update

I wonder how seamless it is, and honestly it would be great if Nintendo would update some of their previous game to support it. (Splatoon 2, Mario Maker 2, Mario Kart 8D, Smash Ultimate)

Edit: Already a thread on it here

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know where else to ask this, but has anyone else ever had any issues finding Wi-Fi with their Switch?

At the moment I'm on holiday and there's Wi-Fi in this villa (which my phone has found), but my Switch will not find it everytime I look, but it easily finds around 10 other wireless points around this villa, including all the neighbours near me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know where else to ask this, but has anyone else ever had any issues finding Wi-Fi with their Switch?

At the moment I'm on holiday and there's Wi-Fi in this villa (which my phone has easily found), but my Switch will not find it everytime I look, but it easily finds around 10 other wireless points around this villa, including all the neighbours around me.
It happens to me when I try to use my iphone as an hotspot.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018

I've only barely played the games
but i loved the movie so much, definitely worth a watch, especially if you like fun detective stuff like detective Conan and the like

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking for impressions on the following.

Sparklite (I've read it has roguelike elements but how bad?)

Pinstripe

Incredible Mandy

Tangle Tower

Stay Cool, Kobayashi-san!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Juicy Realm with 6 modifiers is kicking my ass, but im having fun leveling up my dudes now. Man I really like it, so happy.

Edit: Sparklite isnt out until next week

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
So I just tried the Super Lucky's Tale demo, and I'm impressed. What a super upbeat and fun platformer. The engine chugs a bit here and there, and the load times aren't great, but it was such a jolly experience, and the music on the demo stage was catchy as hell.

Has anyone here played it? Does the quality hold up throughout the game?

Here are my impressions of the original Super Lucky's Tale if it's helpful:

We played through the first game on Game Pass a little over a year ago and enjoyed it a lot, it felt like a spiritual successor to both early 3D collection platforming and platforming-focused Crash Bandicoot-type gameplay. We got the DLC earlier this year and enjoyed it just as much if not more than the main game, and it presented considerably more challenge. So I'm curious if that content is included in the Switch version.

I know a lot has been done to the camera and gameplay in this version, and it sounds like it's only improvements which would make it an easy recommend for me as the original game was a lot of fun. As to replaying it just yet, I'll just be interested to know the exact changes, but some time I will definitely want to play this version.

I first got interested in the game but cause it was made in part by one of the Donkey Kong Country Returns level designers, and I felt like that showed through in some of the more platforming-focused levels (they are two very different games, though).

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Here are my impressions of the original Super Lucky's Tale if it's helpful:

We played through the first game on Game Pass a little over a year ago and enjoyed it a lot, it felt like a spiritual successor to both early 3D collection platforming and platforming-focused Crash Bandicoot-type gameplay. We got the DLC earlier this year and enjoyed it just as much if not more than the main game, and it presented considerably more challenge. So I'm curious if that content is included in the Switch version.

I know a lot has been done to the camera and gameplay in this version, and it sounds like it's only improvements which would make it an easy recommend for me as the original game was a lot of fun. As to replaying it just yet, I'll just be interested to know the exact changes, but some time I will definitely want to play this version.

I first got interested in the game but cause it was made in part by one of the Donkey Kong Country Returns level designers, and I felt like that showed through in some of the more platforming-focused levels (they are two very different games, though).

Thanks. I've got Luigi's Mansion 3, Astral Chain and Zelda: LA still to finish, but Super Lucky's Tale is definitely going to be purchased in the near future.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Football game is a short cool point and click that is worth playing. The developer's other game Sumatra is one of top games of the year, so I recommend supporting them if you're interested.

Anyone else play Glass Masquerade? It's been on sale a few times, but I finally bought it. It says there's only the 25 countries from the base game. It's a nice game, but that's not going to take me long to finish. Is there any plans to include the DLC from the PC version?

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for impressions on the following.

Tangle Tower
Tangle Tower is murder mystery whodunnit puzzle adventure game in the vein of Professor Layton. The writing is great, the characters awesome and funny and the overall plot interesting.

The most striking thing for me is its presentation. It's fully voiced and the animations are phenomenal. I'm typically not a fan of the Layton games because I feel like it becomes more about the puzzles than the story but Tangle Tower isn't like that since the story is first and foremost and the puzzles secondary. So yeah, if a Layton-like with interesting puzzles and even better characters sounds interesting to you, give it a go. I haven't finished it yet (about to wrap it up) but it's definitely one of my favorites games of the year.