• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Rhaknar Nice Yaga impressions. I played a bit on Apple Arcade, but dropped it early on. Reading this makes me think I should pick it back up...

I also realized just how many of the Apple Arcade games are on or coming to Switch. Not a good or bad thing, just an observation.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
anyone played flood of light?
im literally considering it solely because of the icon

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll ask, but as someone who got Taiko Drum Master on PS4 for $15 lately, is there enough different content to warrant getting the Switch version if that goes on sale? Also not gonna lie, I don't know if any controller set up (joy cons or pro controller) would feel "right" playing the game. Maybe it does and I'm just way too used to using a PS controller for rhythm games. I do like how you can actually choose characters to play as. Song list wise, seems to be some songs that're in both versions, though a few are DLC for PS4 while others are included with the base game for Switch.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
when you try to trick the evil spirit by equipping your default weapon...and he breaks your upgraded tool instead >_>

sneaky son of a bitch lol. about 6 hours in, not sure how much longer I have, narratively it sounds like it could be near the end as I've been sent on my "final task" but who knows. Also this "final task" is 2 new zones away from the description so we'll see. I'll keep you updated.

Also speaking of upcoming indies I'm buying day 1, here's a video on Sparklite, and it's looking great.

edit: oh wow im an idiot, I said earlier the game doesnt tell you what the ores do when you craft weapons or tools but it totally does when you choose a ore >_>

thanks for all the impressions! I'm seriously considering getting this - have you gotten to the end? 6 hours sounded a little light for 20 bucks but you weren't sure how much was actually left. I watched some videos and it looks up my alley. I want to make sure there's enough there to warrant purchase.

P.S. I went ahead and bought A Knight'sQuest last night but never got an answer to my performance question so I will report back once I've played a bit :)

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Ugh, I love Bubble Bobble, always have... don't tell me the new one is actually good, I was betting on it being crap.

I don't need anymore games at the moment! XD

edamame

Oct 28, 2017
Despite the fact that it already being in English means there's a chance of a Western release, I couldn't resist jumping the gun and bought Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party from the Japanese eshop. I love it! Better than the Steam version. I'm really enjoying trying to complete all the missions and unlock everything (although "Get a Perfect Ranking" is beyond my abilities right now haha). Now if only Taito would release an official arcade controller...

I also picked up Garou while it's on sale, and it's been a great little nostalgia trip of my days playing it on Dreamcast. I can't get over how amazing it still looks!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Evoland Legendary Edition is 75% off (5€) in EU and im very tempted to double dip, Evoland 2 is legit (Evoland 1 is a neat little gimick that doesnt outstay it's welcome since its quite short), really liked them on PC.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Checking the Panic Button Twitter, patch has been submitted for certification. So I guess now would be a good time to get Torchlight 2.

Patch also adds weapon swapping and new skill slots.

Also how does Evoland play?

Evoland 1 is like a trip through the jrpg ages, you start in like Gameboy graphics and you add music, sound effects, HP, etc as you progress. Its not very long (like 4-5 hours?) and is mostly a gimmick. It's neat tho and works as a prototype for the sequel.

the sequel on the other hand is a full fledged 20 hour action rpg. Well worth the 5€, probably looks great in handheld too.

Oct 26, 2017
Evoland 1 is like a trip through the jrpg ages, you start in like Gameboy graphics and you add music, sound effects, HP, etc as you progress. Its not very long (like 4-5 hours?) and is mostly a gimmick. It's neat tho and works as a prototype for the sequel.

the sequel on the other hand is a full fledged 20 hour action rpg. Well worth the 5€, probably looks great in handheld too.

Thanks! So the Legendary Edition contains both games?

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Since every Pokémon thread here is... lively to say the least, does anyone know when the embargo for Sword and Shield is down?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
finished Yaga, save says 9.5 hours, sounds about right, felt like 10 hours or so. Wish it was a bit longer, like if it was a metroidvania for example, the length would be fine, for a action rpg, feels a bit short, especially since you revisit a lot of the zones. Still, I really liked it, for $15 I would easily recomend it, the base price of $25 is way too high (but that's a problem with most indies these days imo). For the current price of $20, I dont regret it as I really enjoyed it, but it's up to you if the time to money is worth it.

DKoops

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Japanese downloads for November 14

- Romancing SaGa 3 (3500 yen)
- GIGANTIC ARMY (900 yen)
- VASARA Collection (1600 yen)
- Sudoku Relax 3 Autumn Leaves (510 yen)
- Sparklite (2570 yen)
- Dot Horror Story (800 yen)
- When Ski Lifts Go Wrong (1500 yen)
- Rise: Race The Future (1990 yen)
- Boulder Dash - 30th Anniversary (1980 yen)
- Labyrinth of the Witch (1480 yen)
- Super Street Racer (4378 yen)
- Arcade Archives Yie Ar Kung-Fu (838 yen)
- Safari Pinball (300 yen)
- Last Day of June (1980 yen)
- Fractured Minds (225 yen)
- Pokemon Sword & Shield (6578 yen, available Nov. 15)

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Should I drop €15 on Sushi Striker (physical) ? Considering I haven't seen it nowhere near that low on the eShop and that the game is supposedly good... I know it is supposedly better enjoyed on the 3DS but I know I wouldn't play it there since I don't carry the 3DS around with me

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Should I drop €15 on Sushi Striker (physical) ? Considering I haven't seen it nowhere near that low on the eShop and that the game is supposedly good... I know it is supposedly better enjoyed on the 3DS but I know I wouldn't play it there since I don't carry the 3DS around with me
Personally, I'd probably grab it at that price. Did you play the demo?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Well the Switch/Eshop continues to be the most Wallet destroying game console ever for me lol. I just picked up:

Digimon double pack
Planescape Torment/Icewind Dale
Incredible Mandy
A Knights Quest
The new mini golf game
The thing like Locoroco
Pig Eat Ball

help me!!!! Lol
I am still considering Yaga, and decided against Pokémon which is why I picked up Digimon.

I <3 Switch!

I will post impressions of stuff as I play

Jul 5, 2018
Yeah, I know what you mean.

My biggest reservation would be because it's physical. Doesn't seem like a game you'd keed in your slot.
It's easily my favorite switch game, but I agree.

It's best enjoyed for a couple of rounds to kick off or wind down a gaming session. If you just slam through it, it's gonna feel like one hell of a slog.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
really wish Sparklite was a midnight relese so I can play at work, but it's probably not :(

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Well the Switch/Eshop continues to be the most Wallet destroying game console ever for me lol. I just picked up:

Digimon double pack
Planescape Torment/Icewind Dale
Incredible Mandy
A Knights Quest
The new mini golf game
The thing like Locoroco
Pig Eat Ball

help me!!!! Lol
I am still considering Yaga, and decided against Pokémon which is why I picked up Digimon.

I <3 Switch!

I will post impressions of stuff as I play
I am very curious what game 'the thing like Locoroco' refers to (edit: realizing it must be Pikuniku lol)

Last edited:

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw your post about it being on amazon.it and decided to check on amazon.co.uk. It's €10.35 there, so time for me to decide whether to put my money where my mouth is, lol!

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I am very curious what game 'the thing like Locoroco' refers to (edit: realizing it must be Pikuniku lol)

I just looked and it's called The Big Journey.
It was dirt cheap like 3 bucks or something.

I saw a video review on YouTube and they loved it and said that price is a steal. Looks really good and you are tilting a level around platforming with this green ball shaped guy. I have not tried it yet but will soon.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I just looked and it's called The Big Journey.
It was dirt cheap like 3 bucks or something.

I saw a video review on YouTube and they loved it and said that price is a steal. Looks really good and you are tilting a level around platforming with this green ball shaped guy. I have not tried it yet but will soon.
Ooh neat, thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep an eye out for it.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I 100% agree with you & other users about owning Sushi Striker preferably digitally- fits the genre too.

Even though the cover art is nice, I don't collect cases any more. They take up too much space haha
Yeah, I've got four physical games. One of which is a Limited Run Games jobby, and one was because I got it half price.

And probably over 100 times that digital!

Jul 5, 2018
I guess every game is someone's favourite.

Except WWE 2K18.
It's certainly better than that!

The game reminds me a lot of Meteos in that it's about managing the chaos of the gameboard until you can get your combos set up. Specifically, later on in the game when you start to level up the little animal spirits that grant you powers, you start building teams that allow for different play styles and you can come up with teams where the powers can set up huge combos or tailoring teams to counter specific opponent abilities.

I think a generic anime theme was the wrong way to go. Oh and Lumines being released like a week later only made that bad decision worse as by comparison it seemed just kinda lame. And the demo really failing to touch on some of the later game concepts really turned a lot of people off of the game before they even really had a grip on it.

I had no idea when I woke up today that today was the day I was gonna have to go to bat for Sushi Striker haha.