• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Nice - please report back!

I've managed to play a couple hours of Roki now.

If the thing you're wanting to know the most about is technical performance, then as far as I can see the game runs perfectly fine on my Switch Lite, haven't had any hiccups or glitches so far.

As for the game itself, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'm not normally one for point n click games because they're usually a bit too obtuse for me, but at the moment the puzzles in this game aren't too taxing thankfully (this may change later), and the game generally has a nice atmosphere and story about it. It's quite lovely to look at as well.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017

If the thing you're wanting to know the most about is technical performance, then as far as I can see the game runs perfectly fine on my Switch Lite, haven't had any hiccups or glitches so far.

As for the game itself, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'm not normally one for point n click games because they're usually a bit too obtuse for me, but at the moment the puzzles in this game aren't too taxing thankfully (this may change later), and the game generally has a nice atmosphere and story about it. It's quite lovely to look at as well.
Sounds good. Thanks for the impressions!

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally digging into The Touryst on Xbox Game Pass and enjoying it quite a bit. I can see the polarizing comments about the controls (especially I'm the dungeons) and how they can be frustrating, so far it hasn't bothered me much (done 3 or so of the mini-dungeons thus far). Overall I'm just really digging the games vibe. Currently trying to beat the high score in the game-within-a-game demake of Fast Racing Neo. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, just finding the game very chilled out, great to explore some islands virtually and the voxels have a charming Lego-y quality to them.

Thanks for sharing your impressions of Röki. Do the puzzles require some thinking at least? I've just found lately that the adventure type games that require no thought like Read Only Memories ended up feeling too VN-like to me.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm finally digging into The Touryst on Xbox Game Pass and enjoying it quite a bit. I can see the polarizing comments about the controls (especially I'm the dungeons) and how they can be frustrating, so far it hasn't bothered me much (done 3 or so of the mini-dungeons thus far). Overall I'm just really digging the games vibe. Currently trying to beat the high score in the game-within-a-game demake of Fast Racing Neo. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, just finding the game very chilled out, great to explore some islands virtually and the voxels have a charming Lego-y quality to them.

Thanks for sharing your impressions of Röki. Do the puzzles require some thinking at least? I've just found lately that the adventure type games that require no thought like Read Only Memories ended up feeling too VN-like to me.

Ermm I wouldn't say they were too puzzling so far no, as I say they might get more challenging later on as I'm still on what I assume is chapter one, but I think the devs were going more for the story/adventure.

The puzzles mainly involve you finding objects, using said objects on specific things to progress and sometimes you may have to combine two objects together to make a new item.

You can press the analogue stick down to "highlight" the interactive objects in the area which I guess makes things a lot easier. If you want to make the game more difficult for yourself, then don't ever press that button.

I wouldn't say it was anything like a VN though as you're always searching around areas and interacting with scenery to find different things etc

Last edited:

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Ermm I wouldn't say they were too puzzling so far no, as I say they might get more challenging later on as I'm still on what I assume is chapter one, but I think the devs were going more for the story/adventure.

The puzzles mainly involve you finding objects, using said objects on specific things to progress and sometimes you may have to combine two objects together to make a new item.

You can press the analogue stick down to "highlight" the interactive objects in the area which I guess makes things a lot easier. If you want to make the game more difficult for yourself, then don't ever press that button.

I wouldn't say it was anything like a VN though as you're always searching around areas and interacting with scenery to find different things etc
Interesting! Thanks for all of this info. Where I felt a bit burned with 2064 ROM was that it had a high level of interactivity with the scenes but the puzzles of putting the right object in the right place required very little deduction. That was the first time I encountered something that to me felt like neither VN not particularly game-y but closer to VN. I guess the 3D cousin for me would be stuff like Rime where the gameplay is minimal and it's more about experiencing the world and (light) narrative. (I know Rime gets thematically heavy, I just mean light in the sense that there wasn't much dialogue.) Anyway, it's hard with this one to peg where it falls along this spectrum so I'll check out a video and look forward to further impressions. OTOH, I suppose an engaging story or characters does go a long way for me, just didn't find that in the two above-mentioned games. 🙂

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Finished up Even the Ocean today--wonderful game from one of the current best tiny development teams. The narrative structure is surprisingly similar to the two Anodyne games where there's an overarching story but the individual levels are more focused on smaller-scale stories, some of which deal with pretty complicated themes in interesting ways, although I think they could've benefitted from being a bit longer or more involved. The platforming never gets very tricky and it was much less puzzle-focused than I expected but the last four or five levels push things a bit further and are super fun. Great 'gamefeel' throughout too. There are also a load of accessibility options, including the choice to play just the story or just the platforming segments, which seems really novel and bold to me. I know the post-game/dev commentary is really extensive and highly-regarded so I'm planning on diving back into that pretty soon.

Recommend it very highly as a super-polished platformer with wonderfully evocative visuals and sound, and a gently somber atmosphere that takes a few lovely dips into surrealism. Without being too specific about the plot and themes, those aspects are.....still very relevant to the current moment. It's also still on sale for a couple more weeks!

Anodyne 2 is still scheduled to receive a port sometime this year as far as I know---it was my favorite game of last year and I think it does a lot of what EtO does even better, and has loads of new ideas too, so I'm really looking forward to getting to play it again on Switch.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
How's the Switch version of Rebel Galaxy Outlaws?

Edit: Speaking of the eShop... It's a very small detail but I always found it really dumb that if you buy a game that is currently on your wishlist it doesn't actually removes it from your wishlist... Come on...lol

Not a fan of the actual game at all, especially when compared to the first Rebel Galaxy which was great; but I don't recall having any technical issues or thinking that the game looked bad at any point.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
I had already played both of them on 3DS, but I just couldn't pass up the sale for Steamworld Dig 1 & 2 so I double dipped; fantastic games all around, not quite metroidvania but excellent adventure-platformers.

I bloody love the Steamworld Dig games. Feels so good to play. Has the feel of the organic nature of Metroidvania games in exploration but also comes through in its digging mechanic. Always feel like you're achieving something or progressing. Definitely worth a double dip, the second one looks great in portable mode.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that I never actually played the first Dig but reallllllly loved the second one... I guess I should grab the first one one of these days.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

- eShop Originals

• 19 - Death Ray Manta SE - Thalamus Digital - $10.00/€12.00 - 392 MB
    --
  • 20 - Outpost Delta - Hidden Achievement - $24.99/€20.99 - 233 MB
  • 20 - HyperBrawl Tournament - Milky Tea - $24.99/€19.99 - 1.0 GB
    --
  • 21 - ScourgeBringer - Plug In Digital - $16.99/€16.99 - 389 MB
  • 21 - Horace - 505 Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 5.5 GB
  • 21 - Bullet Beat - Ternox - $4.99/€4.99 - 77 MB
    --
  • 22 - The Red Lantern - Timberline Studio - $24.99/€19.99 - 4.1 GB
  • 22 - Supraland - Humble Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 4.6 GB
  • 22 - Luna The Shadow Dust - Coconut Island Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 2.0 GB
  • 22 - Gonner 2 - Raw Fury - $12.99/€12.99 - 964 MB
  • 22 - Wartile - Deck 13 - $24.99 - 3.0 GB
  • 22 - Torchlight III - Perfect World - $39.99 - 6.3 GB
  • 22 - They Bleed Pixels - Spooky Squid Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 293 MB
  • 22 - Fracter - The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild - $6.99/€5.99 - 624 MB
  • 22 - Toolboy - Art Games Studio - $12.49/€12.49 - 1.2 GB
  • 22 - Double Pug Switch - Apriori Digital - $8.99/€7.79 - 601 MB
  • 22 - Outbreak: Epidemic - Dead Drop Studios - $14.99/€14.99 - 8.1 GB
  • 22 - Restless Hero - Restless Corp - $6.99/€5.89 - 161 MB
  • 22 - Rusty Spout Rescue Adventure - 7 Raven Studios - $6.99/€6.99 - 161 MB
  • 22 - Nullum - Silesia Games - $1.99/€1.99 - 38 MB
  • 22 - THO Simulator - Aerosoft - €4.99 - 421 MB
  • 22 - A Frog Game - EntwicklerX - €0.99 - 34 MB
    --
  • 23 - Supermarket Shriek - Billy Goat Ent./PQube - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.2 GB
  • 23 - Transformers Battlegrounds - Outright Games - $39.99/€39.99 - 3.0 GB
  • 23 - Galacide - Puny Human - $15.00/€12.50 - 661 MB
  • 23 - Grood - Drageus Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 279 MB
  • 23 - Kakurasu World - Hook Games - $2.99/€2.99 - 236 MB
  • 23 - CrossKrush - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 255 MB
  • 23 - Lord of the Click - Victory Road - €4.99 - 41 MB
  • 23 - Infectra - Marcin Skierski - €2.99 - 261 MB
  • 23 - Truck Driving Simulator - BoomBit Games - €11.99 - 727 MB
  • 23 - Farm Mechanic Simulator - SimFabric - $29.49 - 100 MB
  • 23 - Truck Mechanic Simulator - SimFabric - $29.49 - 77 MB
  • 23 - Maze - Ultimate Games - $6.99/€6.99 - 498 MB

- DLCs

• Pokemon Sword/Shield - Nintendo
    22 - The Crown Tundra *Included with Expansion Pass*

- Japan

• 22 - G-Mode Archives 21: Unou Paradise - G-Mode - ¥500

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I just realized that I never actually played the first Dig but reallllllly loved the second one... I guess I should grab the first one one of these days.
Do be aware that Dig 1 is just a really really simple version of that concept. It was still good but I'm not sure there's much new and exciting if you've played Dig2 already.

Didn't realize they're updating 80s Overdrive's Switch version. Will they trick me into rebuying and forsaking the stereoscopic 3D on the 3DS original? :D

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
There could be some shadowdrop this week, if Nintendo keep doing the Partner Showcase monthly.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I know this is probably a rare opinion, but I did not enjoy my time with either Supraland or Horace. Both started out fine but really just wore on me after 3-5 hours. Dropped both on PC.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Some hot tips for steep sale hidden gems:

by Saber Interactive, wizards behind the Witcher3 port
£8.99 £2.24 (-75%) | 9,99€ 2,49€ (-75%) Offer until: 02/11/2020

www.nintendo.co.uk

Overlanders

The futuristic, competitive racing experience of your dreams.
£19.99 £0.99 (-95%) | 22,99€ 0,99€ (-96%) Offer until: 31/10/2020

two really cool games (and good ports) for super little monies

Is this your channel?

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
zakatana

Any thought on Obra Dinn? Not sure if you've started it.

I actually haven't played it much.

Not yet! For the first time in my switch life, I actually have a backlog. I'm going through Dragon's DOgma now. I'm still at the beginning and I really have a hard getting into the game, even though I see glimpses of its greatness; especially in the combat system. I also have Edith Finch which I bought during the last sale, Obra Dinn, and Ashen which I rage quitted.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Where Cards Fall coming to Switch next year! This is on Apple Arcade right now but a very demanding puzzle game, my 2017 iPad couldn't run it properly. Hopefully Switch would do better job.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Not yet! For the first time in my switch life, I actually have a backlog. I'm going through Dragon's DOgma now. I'm still at the beginning and I really have a hard getting into the game, even though I see glimpses of its greatness; especially in the combat system. I also have Edith Finch which I bought during the last sale, Obra Dinn, and Ashen which I rage quitted.

Dragon's Dogma wasn't for me. I also regret missing out on Edith Finch when it was on sale along with the other Annapurna titles.

Pretty sure I'd rage quit Ashen too.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I know this is probably a rare opinion, but I did not enjoy my time with either Supraland or Horace. Both started out fine but really just wore on me after 3-5 hours. Dropped both on PC.

I finished Supra on PC, much like you, it stats great but really dragged on and by the end I was really soured on it. Im the king of the double dip and I dont think Ill ever double dip that one.

Havent played Horace tho.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'd be tempted by that override sale if I didn't already have a physical copy of the sequel preordered(supposed to be out in December). Makes me nostaglic for the old Godzilla games and this looks like a major improvement

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I decided to load up the Snes app tonight to play some Donkey Kong Country and that instant rewind feature may genuinely be one of the best things in gaming ever.

Dec 2, 2019
Am I the only one that is psyched for DUSK? Last I herd, it was supposed to be released this month.

I'm really interested, provided it doesn't cost too much (15€ good, 20-25 expensive, 30 too much)

Meanwhile I have preordered a physical copy of Cadence of Hyrule. Can't wait, I'm super excited since I didn't download it when it released (25€=expensive). I'm referring to digital prices of course, I'm more inclined to spend money when I buy physical.

On another note, I'm enjoying Atelier Ryza to some extent, but boy is it SLOW. Doesn't help I'm a long time father and play mostly at night. At least, Ryza is excellent to fall asleep in no time. Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.