• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Too many great games, but...

8iLhM8y_d.jpg

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
HA, YOU FOOLS!
YOU'RE ONLY THINKING ABOUT SPENDING MONEY IN SEPTEMBER, WHILE I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT THANKS TO MY HUGE BACKLOG!
Which unless I beat Octopath ASAP, it's gonna grow sooner than later.

Talking about Octopath, the friend who lent me the game told me the battles were long, but either he hasn't played many RPG or he sucks at them because I've barely felt like the battles dragged on. Specially in a game like this with secondary jobs (Tressa has been a magical nuke during all chapters thanks to being overleveled)

Games like Octopath you figure out whats the fastest way to clear things and just go to town. Not really draggy at all.

The boss battles can take a while because usually you're just trying to think through strategy (and poke for weaknesses) and not fuck up

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no. There isn't nearly enough time in September to play what I want, let alone finish my August haul. This is also the first time this year there's a game on a non-Switch or iOS platform that interests me. I need to quit my job...

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa

Or it just stopped. IDK. This game is fucking weird. Might make a LTTP.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Already locked on DQ XI and Link's Awakening...

Goose and Ori are the other 2 for this month and set until November when Pokemon arrives.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Shit, Overland is this month too? chucklesImindanger.jpeg

I'm in for DQXIS and Goose, which will be the GOTY (Goose of the Year). LA and others will have to wait since I am not, as far as I'm aware, made of all the money.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, this month is intense. I am definitely wanting Zelda, Dragon Quest, FFVIII, Ori, Blasphemous and AI. Considering Darksider II (have never played this) and Ni no Kuni. I already have pre-loaded Spyro.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
By the time I've finished Control and Astral Chain, I'll probably only have time for Link's Awakening and then Goose.

I'd like to play Ori again at some point.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know anything about what kind of game AI: The Somnium Files is? It looks like it may be in my wheelhouse.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm too busy with last month to even think about more games. But that goose game...I'll need to see how many gold coins I have right now.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Torchlight 2
Blasphemous
Link

DQ11 if I can get B2G1 on pre-orders again here like I had in July for FE/MUA3/DQB2 (would get Link, DQ11 and Pokemon I guess)

Maybe Ori dunno, we'll see.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Anyone know anything about what kind of game AI: The Somnium Files is? It looks like it may be in my wheelhouse.
It's an investigative adventure game with VN and puzzle elements. You're a detective trying to track down a serial killer through clues and investigating which can be done in reality and via people's dreams.

There's a thread with updates and information.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Fuck it, pre-ordered Spyro.

Now for the rest of the month, I hope the Nintendo Direct don't bring even more goodness

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not listing everything I want this month because it'd give me anxiety but the highlights for me are River City Girls, Blasphemous, Ori, DQ11 and FF8.

RCG in particular looks incredible and I can't wait.
Finished The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa

Or it just stopped. IDK. This game is fucking weird. Might make a LTTP.
It ends with a regular credits roll btw, so it shouldn't be hard to tell.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not listing everything I want this month because it'd give me anxiety but the highlights for me are River City Girls, Blasphemous, Ori, DQ11 and FF8.

RCG in particular looks incredible and I can't wait.

It ends with a regular credits roll btw, so it shouldn't be hard to tell.

I finished it but

it ends mid-fight like this is the Sopranos while Ringo takes on a rival school gang with the fate of Goro unresolved.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I have to make some choices and buy some of the games later.
If I have to list them all: What I will buy that come out this month
- Blasphemous
- Link's Awakening
- Untitled Goose game
- Spyro
- DQ11
- Astral Chain (yeah I count it as a September release at this point)
- Creature in the well
- Overland

Maybe: DaemonXMachina

Other platform: Borderlands 3

What I will buy this month day one: Borderlands 3, Link's Awakening and Blasphemous

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
First of all, thanks again tolkir for your time.

This month will kill me. I'm getting:

AI: The Somnium Files (physical)
Zelda Link's Awakening (physical)
Daemon x Machina (physical)
Ori and the Blind Forest
Creature in the Well

Maybe:
Untitled Goose Game
Overland
Blasphemous
River City Girls
Torchlight II
Police Stories

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
I think I won't buy anything until the end of the week just to make sure there is no Direct surprise!

But man, is that Bulletstorm tempting:|

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
is this a thing that's out?

edit: tfw you can't read

We can only wish we could play VR in VR.

xzibit_yo_dawg.jpg

PSA: it won't make any difference in your life if you don't buy a game the day it comes out.
Itll always be there.
👍

Not true for games with online play though. Servers are usually at their most populated at launch and drop shortly after, so there's a FOMO aspect to it. Wait too long and the lobbies could be almost completely dead depending on how unpopular the game is, essentially devaluing the experience. :/

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this month is brutal! It's a good problem to have, but I'm definitely overwhelmed and not sure which of the following games I'm gonna pick up.

I know for sure I've got Borderlands 3 on PS4 on the 13th. That game is gonna take a lot of my time and attention, so I'm kinda hoping it'll help me resist picking up other stuff haha.

On Switch, I've got the Marvel UA3 DLC locked in, but otherwise I'm looking at most of the big games people here are considering.

River City Girls - I'm a sucker for a good beat em up. I really like the style of this game, and I'd definitely pick it up if I didn't JUST move to a new city and thus have nobody to play with haha. If this had online multiplayer, I could wrangle a friend to play with me, but I don't think it does. The price point is also a tiny bit higher than I'd like it to be, but it looks like it earns it. In a less busy month I'd be more tempted, but I definitely have my eye on it.

Link's Awakening - I never played the original and really love the look of this game. If I don't pick it up day one, I'll definitely get to it eventually. This is another one that just comes out during the wrong half of the month and is, again, maybe a little too expensive for a day 1 buy. Still, a new Zelda is hard for me to resist.

Dragon Quest XI S - I've also never played a DQ game, but I've been really curious about this since it came out on PS4, and it being handheld really raises the value proposition for me. I've also been having a really great time playing as Hero in Smash, so I'm just riding that wave right now! This being a day 1 purchase will depend on how deep BL3's hooks are in me at the moment.

Daemon X Machina - This is one of the few games that whether or not I pick it up is gonna depend almost entirely on user impressions and reviews. I like a lot of what the game is doing and wouldn't mind jumping in early, but it's definitely the kind of game I could see dropping in price fast. Still, playing some third person mech action with friends sounds really appealing and I think the game looks fun.

Spyro - I've been waiting for this to come out on Switch, and now I've found myself wondering if I should just pick it up on PS4. I don't have to have EVERYTHING portably haha.

Untitled Goose Game - Honk!

Torchlight 2 - a sucker for Diablo/Marvel UA. I gotta do research on this, but it seems like it would be right up my alley and a good price.

Castle Crashers Remastered - I've never played it before and everybody says it's a beat em up must!

Just gotta ignore Control and Astral Chain and keep moving forward. Games are too good right now lol