• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Ah shit, Slay the Spire and Dead Cells are on sales in JP eshop.

I. Am. Not. Spending. More. On. Video. Games. This. Month.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just posting something to hopefully get rid of this stuck quoted post about terminator gifs I never replied to that hopefully goes away if I actually write something.

That said, Link's Awakening is as charming as can be and I'm delighted that my childhood favourite Zelda game is back in the limelight.

Just wrapping up dungeon 7 now, and I've come to realise the McGuffin of this dungeon probably served as thee formative puzzle solving challenge of my childhood and taught me logic thinking. Based on the amounts of anxious repressed memories that came flooding back as I went through it again today that is. 😂

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
my "will they wont they" standstill with the Hori Split Pad Pro (first ordered from amazon NA, they didnt get enough or whatever happened and mine wasnt fulfilled, then learned it was coming out in UK on the 30th, canceled the NA one and ordered from UK, then recently it changed from releases on the 30th to "delivered in 1 to 2 months", now it says on the 30th again and round and round it goes) is actually completely deflating me from playing my Switch atm, mainly because all the games I want to play atm are 3d and rely heavily on right stick for camera, and my right joycon is off to drifland (just lubed it up with contact cleaner again today, its like every 2 days now I swear), so im kind of in this wait and see mood. It's also why I havent bought DQ11 yet.

Well that or maybe the fact that I've finished like 45 Switch games in the last few months, that could have something to do with it >_>

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
my "will they wont they" standstill with the Hori Split Pad Pro (first ordered from amazon NA, they didnt get enough or whatever happened and mine wasnt fulfilled, then learned it was coming out in UK on the 30th, canceled the NA one and ordered from UK, then recently it changed from releases on the 30th to "delivered in 1 to 2 months", now it says on the 30th again and round and round it goes) is actually completely deflating me from playing my Switch atm, mainly because all the games I want to play atm are 3d and rely heavily on right stick for camera, and my right joycon is off to drifland (just lubed it up with contact cleaner again today, its like every 2 days now I swear), so im kind of in this wait and see mood. It's also why I havent bought DQ11 yet.

Well that or maybe the fact that I've finished like 45 Switch games in the last few months, that could have something to do with it >_>

I bought these thumb grips and they've definitely made the Joy-Cons sticks feel more "real". They're made by Skull & Co. and can be found on Amazon for fairly cheap (10 CAD for me)

71xDJ9LwVrL._SL1500_.jpg

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I bought these thumb grips and they've definitely made the Joy-Cons sticks feel more "real". They're made by Skull & Co. and can be found on Amazon for fairly cheap (10 CAD for me)

71xDJ9LwVrL._SL1500_.jpg

ive had those since day 1 (well similar ones) and I consider them basically mandatory tbh, the OG sticks are awful.

Hob has the shitty 20% discount on the EU eshop again :/

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh wow, really liked the Stranger Things 3 intro level, fun stuff. Been putting it off until I watched Season 3.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Wilmot's Warehouse is pretty much a masterpiece......it's such a simple concept but it's so polished and really well-designed, from the upgrades to the slight ambiguity of the objects you're sorting, which encourages interesting decision-making on which group a given thing should go in (and the fact that it's entirely open-ended; there's no judgment of your sorting method).
And even the spatial puzzling is a treat too, it's really, really satisfying when things go well or when the big, presorted delivery arrives at the start of the stock take, and you get to decide how to fit it all in. I mentioned this in an earlier post but the rhythm between brief frantic sorting-and-delivering sections then long, relaxing sort-at-your-own-pace sections is just perfect.

I feel like it's the sort of game that certain devs would decide to take in the 'wacky physics-based multiplayer' route, but instead it takes itself seriously enough that it feels like you should really try to sort well, if that makes sense. It's such a delight and I'm glad I got back into it.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Does pre-purchasing on eshop get you anything? Thinking of spending my expiring points on Ori.
You don't get anything unless the publishers do special offers/promotions like in the case of Luigi's Mansion 3. They're currently doing a double coin promotion if you pre-purchase Luigi's Mansion 3.

Also, it depends on the region's publisher like in the case of Link's Awakening. In the EU, they did a double coin promotion for the game if you pre-purchase while in the US you didn't get anything.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Five days to go. How's everyone's Switchtember winding down? Did we all survive?

I ended up starting September with Astral Chain, diving into Daemon X Machina, am just about finished with Link's Awakening, and had a lovely side of Sayonara Wild Hearts (plus Night Slashers on sale, because tis the season...almost). And, soon, Dragon Quest XI will be taunting me.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
Five days to go. How's everyone's Switchtember winding down? Did we all survive?

I ended up starting September with Astral Chain, diving into Daemon X Machina, am just about finished with Link's Awakening, and had a lovely side of Sayonara Wild Hearts (plus Night Slashers on sale, because tis the season...almost). And, soon, Dragon Quest XI will be taunting me.

I'm glad this month is almost over. lol There's still plenty of things I missed out on, but I will scoop them up next month.

I know next month is gonna be seen just as crazy as this one to most, but for me, it's a bit of a breather ( for now lol)

There's still a moment everyday where I want to buy the spyro collection, but that feels like a Black Friday game deal.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I was traveling for most of September but still found time to play and finish Astral Chain, Katana Zero and Sayonara Wild Hearts. Got DQIX preloaded, can't wait for Friday, and I might grab Zelda soon-ish as well.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017

Finished Links Awakening. On file 7 in Astral Chain. Fire Emblem, MUA3 and DQB2 still in my backlog and looking forward to adding Ori and DQXI to that list tomorrow. Thankfully October isn't as wild so I should get some games done before the insanity that is Switchvember.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
September was Link (finished), Goose (finished), Blasphemous (finished), Torchlight 2 (finished). Astral Chain was still august, but I also finished that. So not too bad, at least im playing my day 1 stuff.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Wilmot's Warehouse is pretty much a masterpiece......it's such a simple concept but it's so polished and really well-designed, from the upgrades to the slight ambiguity of the objects you're sorting, which encourages interesting decision-making on which group a given thing should go in (and the fact that it's entirely open-ended; there's no judgment of your sorting method).
And even the spatial puzzling is a treat too, it's really, really satisfying when things go well or when the big, presorted delivery arrives at the start of the stock take, and you get to decide how to fit it all in. I mentioned this in an earlier post but the rhythm between brief frantic sorting-and-delivering sections then long, relaxing sort-at-your-own-pace sections is just perfect.

I feel like it's the sort of game that certain devs would decide to take in the 'wacky physics-based multiplayer' route, but instead it takes itself seriously enough that it feels like you should really try to sort well, if that makes sense. It's such a delight and I'm glad I got back into it.

Thanks for the impressions! There has been too much good mentions of this game now, I really need to check that out.

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
Got a little deeper in the game & there may be some minor hiccups during busy sections. Not combo or game ruining, but minor hitches. Gonna try to do a fps test later in the week.

Interesting, thanks for the heads up. I'm not super sensitive to fps drops (my era of games is pre 8-bit so it generally doesn't bother me), so it won't put me off the game, but I'm curious.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Can you guys suggest the best Neo Geo games on the eshop?

I just got King of Fighters 98
Shock Troopers
Neo Turf Masters
All the Metal Slugs (common opinion is skip 2 because X is a semi remake and better)
Nam 1975
Probably one of the Super Sidekicks

Disclaimer: not an expert, and I don't personally have much experience with Metal Slug and Super Sidekicks. Just parroting what I've heard.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017

Astral Chain (not done yet), Daemon X Machina (barely started), Link's Awakening (halfway through), Untitled Goose Game (about to wrap it up) and Fire Emblem (Golden Deer route almost finished), great month and due to paternal leave plus daycare break-in which works better than expected I did get quite a bit of gaming time.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Finished Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina and I have the last dungeon of link's awakening to go and then I'm starting Dragon Quest tomorrow.
Next month I have The Witcher 3 and Luigi's mansion 3 downloaded so I think after pokemon comes out and I'm done with these I'll have to go back and pick up all the stuff I missed.

Adroitone

Nov 12, 2017
Can you guys suggest the best Neo Geo games on the eshop?

I just got King of Fighters 98

I can definitely help you with the fighters.

Garou Mark of the Wolves
Last Blade 1 and 2
Samurai Showdown 1 and 3 (any of them really)
Real Bout Fatal Fury
King of Fighters 2000 and 2002 (since you already have 98)
I personally love Ninja Masters

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Oh, man, ya'll reminded me that I nearly forgot about Untitled Goose Game. September ain't over yet (because September is never over on the eShop).