• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
I need a good manager/tycoon game on Switch or alternatively a good 4x game (got Civ6 on iPad already/also Game Dev Story). Any recommendations? :)

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
As mentioned here, Torchlight 2 got an update that fixed many minor, but annoying, bugs, so I decided to give it another go. Now I'm enjoying it a lot!

I've also looked up some build guides online and now I have a better idea of what skills I should upgrade and all that. I definitely recommend people look up build guides, or at least a general class guide. There are many skills to choose from and, since you can't re-spec, I imagine you could hit a wall if you spread out too much or waste points in useless skills. If you think build guides are too complicated, at least check the "Classes in General" section of this Steam FAQ, it might help you choose what kind of character you want to make: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116994520

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

giphy.gif

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, it is just a minor complaint. I enjoy my time thoroughly due to the graphics, presentation, mechanics, annnnnnd... music. Holy shit are the music sound good. I can't wait to continuing playing it tomorrow.
Glad you like it. I played through it a month or two back and had a great time. I'd previously played 2064: Read Only Memories, which is set in the same world. VA-11 HALL-A even has a few cameos from 2064.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So Office Quest is a actual point and click. Or rather, I learned that actual point and click games on the Switch are just like PC, you have a cursor you move around to click shit. I dunno why I always assumed they changed the games to direct control. But anyway, the point of this its a point and click...

... which apparently its the worse genre possible to play with a BUSTED ASS DRIFTING JOYCON FFS. It's actually infuriating for the cursor to not stop where you want it to stop, in most games whatever, sometimes you aim up when you dont want to but in general you are always moving thes tick so it can be less noticiable or at least less game breaking. Not for point and clicks apparently!

Gonna save this one for when I get my Hori Split Pad I guess, game looks great otherwise (its 1.19€ on the EU shop right now btw)

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
So Office Quest is a actual point and click. Or rather, I learned that actual point and click games on the Switch are just like PC, you have a cursor you move around to click shit. I dunno why I always assumed they changed the games to direct control. But anyway, the point of this its a point and click...

... which apparently its the worse genre possible to play with a BUSTED ASS DRIFTING JOYCON FFS. It's actually infuriating for the cursor to not stop where you want it to stop, in most games whatever, sometimes you aim up when you dont want to but in general you are always moving thes tick so it can be less noticiable or at least less game breaking. Not for point and clicks apparently!

Gonna save this one for when I get my Hori Split Pad I guess, game looks great otherwise (its 1.19€ on the EU shop right now btw)
I get it that people are upset about the drift. But in the meantime, why don't you apply an electronic contact cleaner spray? This is a quick and easy fix that works, albeit temporarily (and then to fix it again for another month or two all you need to do is do it again). You don't need to take anything apart, just apply the spray (I'm talking from personal experience).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I get it that people are upset about the drift. But in the meantime, why don't you apply an electronic contact cleaner spray? This is a quick and easy fix that works, albeit temporarily (and then to fix it again for another month or two all you need to do is do it again). You don't need to take anything apart, just apply the spray (I'm talking from personal experience).

lol dude, I have been using contact cleaner for months. The first time months ago it worked for a few weeks, now it barely lasts 1 day after I do it. It's fucked.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I keep meaning to do a big long post about why Lucah is the best game ever, but in the meantime, the game's big free expansion "The Descent" is out on the Switch version today/now and the whole game is gonna be on sale for like 10 USD tomorrow. It's been out on the PC version for a couple weeks but I've been waiting for the Switch version so I'm very very psyched. I really can't recommend this game enough if you like 'character action' games or unconventional narratives.

Damn, I never got around to finishing the new game+, still one of my favorite games this year. Really cool artstyle and the changes they make as the game goes on is great

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
I wish I was dropping money on these games instead of a controller that doesn't drift.

j_z

Feb 14, 2019
This has nothing to do with the E shop but I couldn't find a place to post this. GameStop has Monster Boy for $20 but are sold out. You can price match at Best Buy and get free shipping

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
just put so much fucking contact cleaner on my joycons, I might aswell have dipped them in it.

At least it's "fixed" again for now >_>

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
PSA for Euro folk, The Office Quest is totally worth it for 1.19€ (unless you really hate point and click adventures, or comedy)

Fantastic art style, good puzzles and more importantly, the game uses a simple "if you have the item you can use this object at this time" system, you dont actually have to select item -> use on object like usually in point and clicks, so it goes well with a controller.

Played a few scenes and I really like it, the animations are so good, just the overall asthetic is top notch.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Multiplayer coming a bit later (via an update) it seems.

Cool! Thanks for posting that! Now the price makes a bit more sense and I won't feel I'm back in 2006 with sports/racers lacking basic feats on Nintendo's consoles.

If the port is good then I think it'll be refreshing to have a racer like Grid playable in hh mode. Any word if they referred to online mp or just couch (or local wifi)mp?

I don't want to hijack you guys' discussion, but honestly as far as I'm concerned my options with the contact cleaner are almost over. First time it lasted for 3 months, then 1 time per month a couple times and it'll last for less than a week at best.
But afaik Nintendo EU still doesn't offer free repair/replacement for out of warranty drifting?

Disorientator

Oct 27, 2017
Cyprus
Cool! Thanks for posting that! Now the price makes a bit more sense and I won't feel I'm back in 2006 with sports/racers lacking basic feats on Nintendo's consoles.

If the port is good then I think it'll be refreshing to have a racer like Grid playable in hh mode. Any word if they referred to online mp or just couch (or local wifi)mp

In that twitter thread they confirm local split-screen and one of their replies imply (?) online as well.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
In that twitter thread they confirm local split-screen and one of their replies imply (?) online as well.

I didn't see any specifics only one guy asking if it was online mp or split-screen but not getting a reply, but I'm on mobile so I must've missed it my bad.

After all this is basically a "port" of GRID mobile, which it too is getting an online mp patch, so it makes sense.

Local Wifi MP would've been great but I doubt I'd have gotten many chances to try it out lol

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How're people liking Creature in the Well? It being a pinball style game turned me off but I love the aesthetic.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
How're people liking Creature in the Well? It being a pinball style game turned me off but I love the aesthetic.

It's fun and really weird. They are right that the game doesn't teach you much so I'm not sure what use all these items I'm getting are, or why I'd use one thing over another.
I suck at the game too. Had a lot of fun, got to the first boss, tried 5 times to beat it and failed and stopped there. Boss seems waaaay harder than everything they came before.
It feels like a dungeon crawler really. You walk around, use your weapons to attract and hit pinballs around, hitting bumpers, gaining energy to unlock doors, and solving puzzles. The combo really works.
So if you can handle hard bosses I recommend the game. I'd give it an 8/10 for my first 2 hours.

Disclaimer: I played on Xbox X (gamepass) so you may want to confirm Switch performance because it wasn't running perfectly even on the X

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I bought it

It was ten bucks with eShop credit but still goddammit I did it again

Guess I'm not getting Blasphemous and Castle Crashers this month.

Disorientator

Oct 27, 2017
Cyprus
I didn't see any specifics only one guy asking if it was online mp or split-screen but not getting a reply, but I'm on mobile so I must've missed it my bad.

After all this is basically a "port" of GRID mobile, which it too is getting an online mp patch, so it makes sense.

Local Wifi MP would've been great but I doubt I'd have gotten many chances to try it out lol

Here's their reply confirming local split-screen:

Regarding online, they haven't confirmed but - at least- nor denied either.

Last edited: