• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
I got a gift card of €15 and I want to spend it with Goose. Too hard to hold back with so many titles. I need a preload asap.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried that tank game that came out this past week? It says it has online multiplayer which intrigues me, as I'd love a new Alien Front Online-like experience.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I just started Creature in the well and I think I will really like it.
I'm just afraid of the difficulty awaiting ahead. Begining isn't hard, but you can imagine how nightmarish later levels will be...

Setting is very cool though, the art direction, graphics and sound wise, is awesome.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I'm enjoying Wuppo so far, I'm an hour or so in over two play sessions. It was sort of overwhelming at first, since you can get pretty far off what seems to be the critical path quite early on, and navigation isn't super easy, but I ended up finding my way and I'm having fun with it again lol. The main reason I found it overwhelming I guess is because the game gives you a whole lot of seemingly usable items but it's not quite clear if I need to be using certain ones in any given screen, and switching between them is kind of a pain. The writing is good though, pretty charming and I can definitely see the Paper Mario comparison, even if it's not quite as punchy all the time. As an aside, the main crux of the worldbuilding seems to be rooted in (fictional) racism, and the character who explains it all to you seems to be very on-board with it, so I desperately hope they do something to subvert that; I'd be shocked if they don't since it's so blatant, but it definitely feels a bit weird so far.
The port is solid thus far also, it does some weird frame dropping whenever you hit a save point, but it seems pretty inconsequential. The controls are a little unconventional (jump is ZL) and I wish item swapping or just the item menu was mapped directly somewhere (edit: actually it is, disregard, I just found it lol). I have no clue what's 'definitive edition' about it this one, but it seems like there's a whole lot of stuff to do/collect.

Last edited:

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need this yesterday. Gotta Protectors was one of the coolest 3DS exclusives

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I messed around with Creature in the Well for a bit.

It is exactly my kind of bonkers.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 10 - Blasphemous - The Game Kitchen/Team17 - $24.99/€24.99 - 3.5 GB
  • 10 - Gun Gun Pixies - PQube - $49.99 - 2.7 GB *NA*
    --
  • 11 - Throne Quest Deluxe - Valorware - $5.99 - 145 MB
    --
  • 12 - Super Dodgeball Beats - PlayStack - $12.99/€12.99 - 661 MB
  • 12 - Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayan - CollectorVision Games - $19.99/€17.90 - 300 MB
  • 12 - Track & Field - Arcade - Konami/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • 12 - The Sinking City - Frogwares - $49.99/€49.99 - 8.4 GB
  • 12 - Battle Supremacy - Evolution - Atypical Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.7 GB
  • 12 - The Tenth Line Special Edition - Sungazer Software - $12.99/€11.79 - 1.3 GB
    --
  • 13 - Ritual - Hexage - $9.99/€9.99 - 83 MB
  • 13 - Atomic Heist - Drageus Games - $7.99/€7.99 (Sale if you own one Drageus game: $3.99/€3.99) - 360 MB
  • 13 - Distraint: Deluxe Edition - Ratalaika Games - $5.99/€5.99 - 117 MB
  • 13 - Daemon X Machina - Marvelous/Nintendo - $59.99/€59.99 (Preorder sale: €53.99) - 5.8 GB
  • 13 - Ellen - JanduSoft - $7.99/€7.99 - 627 MB
  • 13 - Chop - QubicGames - $9.99/€9.99 (Sale if you own one QubicGames game: €4.99) - 451 MB
  • 13 - Rest in Pieces - Itatake - $7.99/€7.99 (Preorder sale: $4.99/€5.19) - 307 MB
  • 13 - Star Wars Pinball - Zen Studios - $29.99/€29.99 - 1.3 GB

- DLCs

• Celeste - Matt Makes Games
    09 - Chapter 9 - Free
  • Trials Rising - Ubisoft
    10 - Crash and Sunburn - $11.99/€11.99

- Japan

• 12 - Amnesia for Nintendo Switch - Idea Factory - ¥6,804

Last edited:

brassica

Oct 26, 2017
France
I started playing Astral chain and I suck at it : I fail to control the legion, especially during boss fights...
Any tips? I died many times against the first boss and used almost all my batteries.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I finally finished file 3.
I only got D ranks lol. I must do something wrong.

The "cut" ability of the sword legion is really hard to pull during a busy fight...

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Do we know when the review embargo for Daemon x Machina ends? I need to find the time to try out the demo this week.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I started playing Astral chain and I suck at it : I fail to control the legion, especially during boss fights...
Any tips? I died many times against the first boss and used almost all my batteries.
Might wanna play on Casual (six revives) or in Unchained Mode if things get too shakey.

What is exactly the problem? I assume you're still just at the first (Sword) Legion? Anyway, this goes for all but you hit ZL to send whichever Legion you have at the targeted enemy. That is pretty much the main part of it. You only ever need to worry about actually moving the Legion with the right stick if you want to wrap the chain around enemies to lock them down, which you don't really need to do.

What you probably seriously should do is go to the HQ training room and do the training program again.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Might wanna play on Casual (six revives) or in Unchained Mode if things get too shakey.

What is exactly the problem? I assume you're still just at the first (Sword) Legion? Anyway, this goes for all but you hit ZL to send whichever Legion you have at the targeted enemy. That is pretty much the main part of it. You only ever need to worry about actually moving the Legion with the right stick if you want to wrap the chain around enemies to lock them down, which you don't really need to do.

What you probably seriously should do is go to the HQ training room and do the training program again.
If it's the boss at the beginning after the motorcycle part it's before the training program.

Deleted member 20852

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I've played Platinum games before and have been fairly good at them, but had huge difficulties grasping the gameplay at first. I think the best tip I can give is to not care about failures too much and just keep pushing forwards. Not only will you learn to be better at it, but once the game begins to give you new tools the combat system starts to play and feel more than a bit different from the early hours, at least that's how I've felt.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
The new Tetris 99 themes are all really good! They go above and beyond, changing not just the music but the visual effects, sound effects and even block appearance. In the Treasure Hunt one they are gemstones! In the School one they're blackboards!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Between Tetris 99 and Super Metroid, no joke, I got my $20's worth out of Nintendo Online.

/shrug

The new Tetris 99 themes are all really good! They go above and beyond, changing not just the music but the visual effects, sound effects and even block appearance. In the Treasure Hunt one they are gemstones! In the School one they're blackboards!

All the themes do that

Oct 26, 2017

You can rush your legion to attack a targeted enemy by tapping ZL. You attack using ZR

If you want to cover large distances , send your legion to a far away enemy and use that as an opportunity to Chain Jump to that enemy. Doing so also opens enemy up for a mid air juggle.

Your legion and your character both have the same combos: rotate 360 and attack, back forward and attack, attack + delay+ attack. All three open up sync attack opportunities. These have to be unlocked in the legion learning grid in the menus first.

In combat, after you kill an enemy, switch to another legion, if available. Mixing it up helps with your score.

Those are some beginner tips I can think of of top of my head

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I personally love it! Zelda 1 gravestones for people who have been defeated, and a cool techno Zelda theme remix.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone please help me, I think I'm about to do a bad thing. I think I'm about to buy that new Bubsy game. Am I a bad person?

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
This month and the rest of the year is destroying me on Switch lol...picked up Torchlight II, totally forgot it was coming out and this is right up my alley. Finally picked up Slay the Spire as well, have Link's Awakening pre-ordered and now I want to buy Blasphemous after reading some reviews.

Not to mention Jedi Outcast II, Ori, possibly Creature in the Well, etc.

I'm interested in DQXI as well...turn based makes me weary though, I've enjoyed few and far in between of those.

My wallet is hurting haha, good problem to have though. I remember the Wii U drought days...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, we really got it good over here when it comes to eShop sales. At least the Switch account system makes it easy to swap regions, but publishers should be showing sales parity across regions to begin with, so...

The Xotic sale is actually offensive, and thats not a joke. I would rather it wasnt on sale at all here in EU (like Celeste isnt for example), having it 90% off or whatever it was in NA and 25% in EU is just straight up trolling.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty close to declaring Tetris 99 the best Tetris game ever made, finally dethroning the glorious Tetris DS. Awesome "battle royale" multiplayer, daily challenges, themes, offline and online modes....it's so good.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Won my first game of Tetris 99 today, felt like all the really good players were playing invictus mode so I snuck a win in.
Felt pretty cool though

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
The Xotic sale is actually offensive, and thats not a joke. I would rather it wasnt on sale at all here in EU (like Celeste isnt for example), having it 90% off or whatever it was in NA and 25% in EU is just straight up trolling.

Oh wow, that's awful. The game has two different publishers in both regions so that's what most likely accounted for the difference in discounts. PM Studios was probably trying to fish for some extra DLC sales by drastically lowering the price of the base game, while Rising Star Games wasn't feeling nearly as generous. :/

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Won my first game of Tetris 99 today, felt like all the really good players were playing invictus mode so I snuck a win in.
Felt pretty cool though
O yeah. I've only won 2 games but Maximus feels so much easier. I was just practicing how to do T-Spins in my last game and ended up getting 2nd lol. Meanwhile Invictus kicks my ass and best I've gotta is 10th place.