• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
see above, its badness is severely overplayed. it's great in docked mode and more than serviceable in handheld mode. here are even more handheld shots, click for full-size.

EEGxcZcVAAAlRL6
EEGxcZpU8AcSw3A

left: handheld - right: docked
EEGxcZgVUAAIWWZ
EEG1K2EUwAAqrpw

EEG1K1zUYAAuyRA
EEG1K1_VUAAy--Y
Thanks for the screenshots!

Not gonna lie, handheld looks roooooughhh. Like, even lower res than Xenoblade 2. Docked seems a bit better, but it's irrelevant to me since I play mostly handheld. :(

I'm usually not too picky with Switch downgrades, but man, this looks really bad. It's a shame, because other than that the game looks lovely. Maybe I'll look into the Switch version when it's on sale.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Thanks for the screenshots!

Not gonna lie, handheld looks roooooughhh. Like, even lower res than Xenoblade 2. Docked seems a bit better, but it's irrelevant to me since I play mostly handheld. :(

I'm usually not too picky with Switch downgrades, but man, this looks really bad. It's a shame, because other than that the game looks lovely. Maybe I'll look into the Switch version when it's on sale.
It looks worse on a computer screen blown up. It doesn't look that blurry when you're looking at it on an actual Switch screen which is why I keep saying it's fine :D. I just played half an hour to grab these shots and had a blast. I fully recommend this even for handheld only play, blurry pixels or not.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Mutant Year Zero isnt even that good, i finished it on pc, its alright but its certainly no xcom

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I long for the day when every game gets described in relation to another game. Especially all those "zelda-likes" or whatever.

edit: game looks cool except for those character designs. such a turn off.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Man, I'm so in the mood for XCOM like SRPG's on Switch.

I already have Mario Rabbids, Hard West, Fire Emblem, Banner Saga, Steamworld Heist and Valkyria Chronicles 4. Also, I have the awesome Divinity 2 on PC. Any other suggestions? How is Wasteland 2 on Switch?

Kinda considering double dipping on Divinity 2, but I want to see more reports on late game performance. Also maybe wait for a sale, it's a bit steep right now (even though it's totally worth it if it's your first time).

After the huge success of Mario + Rabbids, I expected XCOM to release and I think it will find a big success on the platform.
I wonder why this has yet to happen.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
After the huge success of Mario + Rabbids, I expected XCOM to release and I think it will find a big success on the platform.
I wonder why this has yet to happen.
looking at the speed with which they are porting the Civ 6 expansions to Switch, I'm not really surprised they can't get it together enough to have someone port the XCOMs over...

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Creature in the Well is aight but I'm only an hour in and it's kinda repetitive.

I'm glad to hear it doesn't outstay its welcome.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can't decide between Astral Chain, Divinity 2 or save for DQXIS

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Astral Chain was very disappointing and DQ11 is excellent so yeah.