• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The Tenth Line is out in EU with 10% discount which actually makes it tempting, BUT it's another case of no discount until its ACTUALLY OUT, and that is a shit precedent games are setting lately.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a demo of Contra Rogue Corps might be hitting soon? Seems to be up on the Japanese eShop at the moment.

....I legit forgot that was out this month. Might only be $40, but I'll wait for a sale still due to everything else & the fact I'm not too sure on this one considering it's less classic & more Legacy of War.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I have heard of Puzzle Quest before but have never played it. There is one famous local gaming journalist at my place who is a big fan of the series, so I want to try the upcoming remake. Then, I checked howlongtobeat and... wow, the original release is long. 35 hours for the main story alone. Considering that the upcoming release has a new expansion, and I am a slow player, this game may devour me.

Anyway, anyone here has played it before? Do you like it?
I did like it! If you've ever played and enjoyed a match three game (Bejeweled) you know what to expect. The RPG trappings give you more incentive to play than just a standard match three as well, so it very well might devour you.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a demo of Contra Rogue Corps might be hitting soon? Seems to be up on the Japanese eShop at the moment.

....I legit forgot that was out this month. Might only be $40, but I'll wait for a sale still due to everything else & the fact I'm not too sure on this one considering it's less classic & more Legacy of War.
Wait, that game is $40? I thought for sure it looked like $15, $20 tops. Yeesh.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have heard of Puzzle Quest before but have never played it. There is one famous local gaming journalist at my place who is a big fan of the series, so I want to try the upcoming remake. Then, I checked howlongtobeat and... wow, the original release is long. 35 hours for the main story alone. Considering that the upcoming release has a new expansion, and I am a slow player, this game may devour me.

Anyway, anyone here has played it before? Do you like it?
Puzzle Quest is amazing and everyone should buy it, great price point. I know I'm getting it so I can abandon my PSP version.

PQ2 is also great and looks even better but it does have a clunky overworld that kinda drags it down.

The F2P games by D3 are all trash. The original PQ devs also made Gems of War which is also F2P and already on Switch.

Gems of War, despite the F2P trappings, is a lot better than the F2P PQ games, IMO. It also has a a fun card-collecting mechanic.

I recommend trying Gems of War if you want an idea of the game play.

hoping puzzle quest has a launch discount, its a bit more than I expected
$15 is super reasonable, IMO. It's not just an HD remaster, they added a bunch of new content.

Jim_Cacher
To that point the new version should be even longer as they've added new quests.

The totally remastered Puzzle Quest: The Legend Returns features the original Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, the expansion Revenge of the Plague Lord, and a whole bundle of new quests, spells, classes and items created exclusively for this version!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, that game is $40? I thought for sure it looked like $15, $20 tops. Yeesh.
Both digital & physical prices. Plus a $10 season pass that mainly seems to be bonus skins & a few extra items. Makes me feel even more bummed that I don't think I have access to Contra Rebirth anymore, let alone it not being part of the collection. I'll still give the demo a try, but considering they teased a new contra from back in...what, 2011, and THIS is possibly the result of it, is a bit disappointing.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you want to "support" a game that could use good sales, go for DQXI
It's strange but true.

Dragon Quest is a massive franchise from a massive publisher but it actually needs help to ensure future localisations in the West
Both digital & physical prices. Plus a $10 season pass that mainly seems to be bonus skins & a few extra items. Makes me feel even more bummed that I don't think I have access to Contra Rebirth anymore, let alone it not being part of the collection. I'll still give the demo a try, but considering they teased a new contra from back in...what, 2011, and THIS is possibly the result of it, is a bit disappointing.
I don't understand what happened with the Wiiware Konami ports.

Just sitting in the trash somewhere.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Puzzle Quest is amazing and everyone should buy it, great price point. I know I'm getting it so I can abandon my PSP version.

PQ2 is also great and looks even better but it does have a clunky overworld that kinda drags it down.

The F2P games by D3 are all trash. The original PQ devs also made Gems of War which is also F2P and already on Switch.

Gems of War, despite the F2P trappings, is a lot better than the F2P PQ games, IMO. It also has a a fun card-collecting mechanic.

$15 is super reasonable, IMO. It's not just an HD remaster, they added a bunch of new content.

Jim_Cacher
To that point the new version should be even longer as they've added new quests.

The totally remastered Puzzle Quest: The Legend Returns features the original Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, the expansion Revenge of the Plague Lord, and a whole bundle of new quests, spells, classes and items created exclusively for this version!

it's more than $15 in EU

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Alright everyone, I need help.

I have owned an OG 3DS since about launch. Hate the thing. Too heavy for its size, tiny screens with bad viewing angles, and most of all, terribly uncomfortable with bad analog stick replacement.

Anyway, I haven't used it in years, but a week ago I bought the New 2DS XL, hoping it would get me back into this system (particularly since I own a decent amount of physical and digital games). But, it turns out, I still really dislike it. It does fix the screen sixe issue, and it's more comfortable, and lighter, but the tech and especially OS are so outdated now that I really have no use for it, considering I have a Switch, and the screens are still pretty bad, and the circle pad is still terrible.

I'm going to return it to the store I bought it, and get a Switch Lite instead, but I had to wait 7 days to do a system transfer again. But then, after seven days, I see that apparently I can't transfer data from a "New 3ds" to a 3ds. WHAT. This is insane. I waited all this time for nothing.

So my question is, is there anyway to be able to get my games back on my OG 3DS? I don't even really care about save data, since I don't even know for sure if I'll ever play the games again, but I just don't want to lose the games bought back in the day.

Thanks.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Alright everyone, I need help.

I have owned an OG 3DS since about launch. Hate the thing. Too heavy for its size, tiny screens with bad viewing angles, and most of all, terribly uncomfortable with bad analog stick replacement.

Anyway, I haven't used it in years, but a week ago I bought the New 2DS XL, hoping it would get me back into this system (particularly since I own a decent amount of physical and digital games). But, it turns out, I still really dislike it. It does fix the screen sixe issue, and it's more comfortable, and lighter, but the tech and especially OS are so outdated now that I really have no use for it, considering I have a Switch, and the screens are still pretty bad, and the circle pad is still terrible.

I'm going to return it to the store I bought it, and get a Switch Lite instead, but I had to wait 7 days to do a system transfer again. But then, after seven days, I see that apparently I can't transfer data from a "New 3ds" to a 3ds. WHAT. This is insane. I waited all this time for nothing.

So my question is, is there anyway to be able to get my games back on my OG 3DS? I don't even really care about save data, since I don't even know for sure if I'll ever play the games again, but I just don't want to lose the games bought back in the day.

Thanks.

No. They warn you about this like 5 times during the system transfer. Maybe try calling Nintendo and see what they say though?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
No. They warn you about this like 5 times during the system transfer. Maybe try calling Nintendo and see what they say though?
I didn't super closely read the terms pages, because I literally would never have expected that you couldn't do this.

I guess I will just cut my losses and say goodbye to the digital games I've bought. Thank goodness Nintendo isn't nearly this bad with this type of stuff on Switch.

Thanks for the info.

snakey2389

May 31, 2019
I'm trying out the Contra Rouge Corps demo and yeesh right out of the gate, the game looks bloody awful. It looks like half of the textures havent even loaded yet and so many jaggies everywhere and this is docked mode. Looks like its running at 480 or 360p at most and framerate is stable 30fps though. Gameplay isn't bad, its standard twin stick shooter fare like Neo Contra but more simpler. If you haven't played Blazing Chrome just play that one instead, it's way better than this.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying out the Contra Rouge Corps demo and yeesh right out of the gate, the game looks bloody awful. It looks like half of the textures havent even loaded yet and so many jaggies everywhere and this is docked mode. Looks like its running at 480 or 360p at most and framerate is stable 30fps though. Gameplay isn't bad, its standard twin stick shooter fare like Neo Contra but more simpler. If you haven't played Blazing Chrome just play that one instead, it's way better than this.

looked awful in the trailer so im not surprised.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I just wanna say that publishers who put their software on sale on PSN during TGS but not the eShop are trash.

Still too early to throw those publishers under the bridge. Give it until the eShop refreshes in a few hours and see what new discounts pop up then. Bamco and a few others put their stuff on sale around this time last year, so it's likely they'll do the same this year as well.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

So now I'm curious, what's the technical reason they won't let you go back to a non "new" 3ds? That does seem weird.

and that seven day thing... did they bring that dumb policy to the switch or can I transfer my profile from switch to switch as often as I want (setting the primary and secondary console)?

NinjaBoiX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit, Ori is coming to Switch? I missed this news! Been wanting to play that for a while, great stuff!

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
So now I'm curious, what's the technical reason they won't let you go back to a non "new" 3ds? That does seem weird.

So that no games are connected to your account, that the old 3DS cannot play.

and that seven day thing... did they bring that dumb policy to the switch or can I transfer my profile from switch to switch as often as I want (setting the primary and secondary console)?

There is not even a transfer (except for save states). You just can connect your profile to a Switch at will. No need to disconnect your profile before from your primary console.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I did like it! If you've ever played and enjoyed a match three game (Bejeweled) you know what to expect. The RPG trappings give you more incentive to play than just a standard match three as well, so it very well might devour you.

Jim_Cacher

Thank you very much for your write-up! I was interested in the first place due to the RPG elements. I heard there is one game like it on eshop called Ironcast, but that game seldom goes on sale so I have not yet got it. This puzzle quest seems like to be a great place to start for getting into the genre.

Anyway, I am buying it on JP eshop. It is slightly more than 15 bucks but I don't mind it anyway if I can get 50 hours out of it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately you start and end with Puzzle Quest, the rest of the games that came after its success were trash.

PQ is fucking amazing tho.

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
The Amnesia collection got a stealth release. It contains the original game, A Machine for Pigs and the expansion Justine.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
NA:

• Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
    • DAEMON X MACHINA – In this new action game from Kenichiro Tsukuda (Armored Core) and mech designer Shoji Kawamori,your environment is your ally. Collect and use Femto Energy on the field to boost your stats and create powerful mirages, or wield objects like cars and street signs as melee weapons and projectiles. For even more power, upgrade your physical combat abilities and learn new skills through body modification. It'll also come in handy when you eject from your Arsenal and fight on foot using special weapons and abilities.
      Castle Crashers Remastered – Hack, slash and smash your way to victory in this Remastered edition of the popular 2D arcade adventure game from The Behemoth. Up to four friends can play locally* or online** and save your princess, defend your kingdom and crash some castles
      The Sinking CityThe Sinking City is an adventure and investigation game set in an open world inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of Horror. The half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You're a private investigator, and you have to uncover the truth of what has possessed the city … and the minds of its inhabitants.
New DLC:
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses – Expansion Pass Wave 2 – In the great land of Fódlan, you must be ready for any conflict that could arise. With this new wave of paid downloadable content for the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game (sold separately), prepare your army for war by testing their strength in five additional auxiliary battles, invigorate their fighting spirit with a new auxiliary battle song option, equip them with a powerful set of items and dress them for success in a new training outfit for many characters. Oh, and the protagonist, Byleth, can wear glasses now, too. Looking good, Professor!
Activities:
  • Celebrate the launch of ASTRAL CHAIN with My Nintendo! – Find the dimensional gates hidden on the ASTRAL CHAIN website to earn My Nintendo Platinum Points***. Redeem My Nintendo points for wallpapers and printable box art covers featuring ASTRAL CHAIN, the new action game for the Nintendo Switch system.
  • My Nintendo Back to School – Back-to-school season is in full swing with September rewards from My Nintendo. Get ready for a classic adventure with a calendar inspired by the Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening game, discount coupons and much more.
Nintendo eShop sales:

Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS:

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Goose Game is now up for pre-order on Uk eshop.

£18

Doesn't appear UK is getting the special discount price unless it's a thing they normally add later.

DKoops

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Nintendo eShop (Switch)

Blasphemous (Team17) - €24.99/£19.99 (€22.49/£17.99 until October 23)
A foul curse has fallen upon the land of Cvstodia and all its inhabitants - it is simply known as The Miracle.

Play as The Penitent One - a sole survivor of the massacre of the 'Silent Sorrow'. Trapped in an endless cycle of death and rebirth, it's down to you to free the world from this terrible fate and reach the origin of your anguish.

Explore this nightmarish world of twisted religion and discover its many secrets hidden deep inside. Use devastating combos and brutal executions to smite the hordes of grotesque monsters and titanic bosses. Locate and equip relics, rosary beads and prayers that call on the powers of the heavens to aid you in your quest to break your eternal damnation.

Super Dodgeball Beats (PlayStack) - €12.99/£11.99
Take part in insanely cool dodgeball games played to the rhythm of 18 original music tracks. Conquer your rivals in style with perfect rhythm and sweet moves. There's nothing else like it!

Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayan (Gregarious Games) - €17.90/£16.09
You play as Sydney Hunter, an explorer who gets trapped inside a Maya pyramid while he is out exploring the region of Yucatan.

Sydney soon discovers that Kinich Ahau (the Maya sun god) and Kukulkan (the feathered serpent god) have broken up the sacred Maya Haab calendar into seven separate pieces, has taken four precious idols, and are hiding them throughout the pyramid.

This all comes during the time of Wayab; the five unlucky days of the year. This has caused great chaos, and time to freeze if the Haab calendar isn't found and put back together in time.

Throne Quest Deluxe (Valorware) - €4.99/£4.49
Throne Quest Deluxe is a seem-less open-world Action Role Playing Game (ARPG). Delve into an adventurous world full of dungeons and crypts, fighting many types of vicious monsters and search for huge amounts of loot. Change between 11 classes throwing your axes, fire, harps and even a djenty-guitar in fast-paced combat whilst gulping potions and collecting drops to level-up and become a champion. Explore your way through the dangers of the lands on an epic quest to reach the central castle- to claim the Throne held by a demon boss.

Battle Supremacy - Evolution (ATYPICAL GAMES) - €9.99/£8.99
Experience the true power in Battle Supremacy: EVOLUTION, a sci-fi transforming vehicles game with thrilling gameplay and showoff-worthy visuals.

Act as a tank, a drone or an airplane, Battle it out in this riveting game, packed with lush landscapes and destructible environments. Drive or fly through futuristic cities with suspended highways and gigantic bridges.

Unlock each level's medals to master over 100 single player missions.

The Tenth Line Special Edition (Sungazer Software) - €11.79/£10.99 (€10.61/£9.89 until October 18)
In The Tenth Line, you'll guide the princess of the tiny nation of Easania, along with her unusual but reliable companions, and explore a vibrant world of humans, beasts, and dragons, while escaping the clutches of a mysterious cult in hot pursuit.

Explore the world through fast-paced 2D platforming by controlling three separate characters, each with unique movement mechanics and ways of interacting with the world.

Take on dozens of foes at one time through challenging turn-based RPG battles with an active timing element.

Amnesia: Collection (Frictional Games) - €27.99/£25.20
The collection contains three Amnesia titles: The Dark Descent, A Machine For Pigs, and Justine. Experience the horror that kickstarted the Let's Play revolution; be immersed in three living nightmares that will chill you to the core.

The Sinking City (Frogwares) - €49.99/£44.99
The Sinking City: Deluxe Edition (Frogwares) - €64.99/£58.49
The Sinking City is an adventure and investigation game set in an open world inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of Horror. The half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You're a private investigator, and you have to uncover the truth of what has possessed the city… and the minds of its inhabitants.

Arcade Archives Track & Field (HAMSTER) - €6.99/£6.29
This ain't no 20-minute workout. It's the ultimate in head-to-head competition, in 8 grueling events. 100 meter dash. Long jump. Hurdles. Javelin. Skeet shooting. Triple jump. Archery. And the high jump. No timeouts, no breathers, no water boys. Just you and your own exhaustion. So get psyched. Pick your level of competition and the opening event. Then block out the roar of the crowd and take a deep breath. Because it's not whether you win or lose. It's whether you survive!

Golazo! (Klabater) - €14.99/£13.49 (€12.74/£11.46 until September 26)
Football is all about fun and teamwork. It doesn't matter if you're on the field or play it on console sitting with your friends on the couch. Golazo boldly recalls the glory days of the arcade soccer games, bringing back memories of cult classics we all know. With its vintage, not-too-serious, artistic and creative modern approach to classic gameplay, Golazo is certainly a perfect game for people who are weary of football managers or complicated hard-core simulators. You just grab your pad, sit on the couch and play!

Golazo is a dynamic 2.5D arcade football game with a medium sized fields, no fouls and offsides whistled. Just pure fun! Mastering the game is incredibly easy during the fun and furious 7vs7 matches. With its local multiplayer modes and crazy vintage approach, Golazo is the ideal choice for Couch & Party gamers!

Newt One (Whitethorn Digital) - €8.89/£7.99
Newt One rewards players for how much life they bring to the game world, not how much life is taken from it. Experience your progress through color and music swelling in the game world as you play as Newt – a new tone in the musical land of Groovy Hue which has fallen to the Great Slumber. Awaken this sleeping, silent world to new heights of color and music in this colorful and relaxing 3D Platforming journey of cheer, music, and friendship.

Yellow Fins (Sprakelsoft) - €3.99/£3.59
Yellow Fins Demo (Sprakelsoft) - Free
Our tiny yellow hero wants to fly like a bird. But he has fins and no wings. So he needs the hills to gain speed and fly from hill to hill to avoid getting caught by the snowstorm that is chasing chim.

Daemon X Machina (Nintendo, available September 13) - €59.99/£49.99 (€53.99/£44.99 until September 12)
A mighty war between man and machine rages in DAEMON X MACHINA, a new action shooter packed with fast-paced combat, explosive destruction and a huge array of weaponry. Step out onto a futuristic battlefield and fight for the future of mankind on Nintendo Switch.

Rest in Pieces (Itatake, available September 13) - €7.99/£6.99 (€5.19/£4.54 until October 12)
Please save all the poor souls that have been trapped in the dream demons porcelain nightmares.

Awake little Georgina from her evil clown dream, weaved of her worst fears. Help the drunken pirate Jack Parrot to vanquish the horrible sea monster Kraken. Save Father Lugosi from Count Draculas bloodthirsty fangs. Rest in Pieces includes many souls to save, and several frightening nightmares to wake up from.

Star Wars Pinball (Zen Studios, available September 13) - €29.99/£26.99
19 TABLES CELEBRATING A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY

Movie Adaptations: Episodes IV - VIII; Rogue One: A Star Wars Story; Solo: A Star Wars Story
TV Adaptations: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels
Characters: Han Solo, Darth Vader, Lando Calrissian in the Calrissian Chronicles table, Boba Fett, Droids
Locations: Ahch-To Island, Mimban
Themes: Jedi versus Sith in Masters of the Force, X-wings vs. TIE fighters in Starfighter Assault, or experience the Might of the First Order

Atomic Heist (Drageus Games, available September 13) - €7.99/£7.19 (€3.99/£3.59 until November 6)
It has been nearly six years since the end of the Delotian wars. Our first war… our first contact, with an alien race. We thought the Delotians were coming to annihilate us. We later learned they were running away from the real threat. For eighteen generations the Delotians were hunted by the Rhaokyns. Everything they knew, everything they were had been lost or destroyed. The Delotians travelled through subspace to remote parts of the galaxy to hide from their hunters. Luck brought them to our backyard. They wanted help. They needed help. We didn't listen.

Chop (QubicGames, available September 13) - €9.99/£8.99
Accessible in its mechanics, CHOP offers a real strategic dimension and a depth of gameplay that will put your skills to the test.

One hit to kill, respawn almost instantly. CHOP is meant to give a feeling close to what you can experience in fast FPS, mixed with platformer setting and influences from beloved titles. it speaks to those who like gore, comics, post-apocalyptic settings and are looking for a supercharged party game!

DISTRAINT: Deluxe Edition (Ratalaika Games, available September 13) - €5.99/£5.99
DISTRAINT: Deluxe Edition is a 2D psychological horror adventure game that tells the story of Price, a young man who seizes an old woman's apartment. After seizing her home, his humanity is now gone. So begins his tale of regrets…

Creep your way through different locations, learning the backstory of Price and his motivations that led him down this dark path.

Progress through the somber story by solving light puzzles across a variety of different scenarios and settings!

Ellen (Jandusoft, available September 13) - €7.99/£7.19
Help young investigator James uncover the dark truth behind the murder of the Smiths and their missing daughter Ellen in this thrilling 2D pixel horror game.

If you don't believe in paranormal events, meet the people from White Hill.

It's been years since all but the daughter in the Smiths family were found murdered. The people of the town are getting uneasy as more and more witnesses have spoken about seeing the silhouette of a little girl standing in the house. Rumors spread that the silhouette has to be Ellen, the daughter of the Smith's family, whose body was never found during the investigation of the murders. 1 year later, James, a bright and eager investigator, has taken matters into his own hands to finally reveal the truth of what happened that horrible night.

Ritual (Hexage, available September 13) - €9.99/£8.99
Equip your sorcerer with powerful combinations of Spells and Skills and blaze through horders of monsters in a unique spell-casting action RPG.

You are a Sorcerer Angel. They tried to sacrifice you and failed. Hunt them down, kill their foul God and purge the world!

Downloadable Content

Trials Rising Crash & Sunburn (Ubisoft) - €11.99/£9.50
Trials Rising Crash & Sunburn takes you below the Equator to see the wonders of the Southern Hemisphere! Enjoy 2 additional fun bikes, ride your way through mountains, jungles, and more!

The Sinking City: Experience Boost (Frogwares) - €2.99/£2.69
The Sinking City: Worshippers of the Necronomicon (Frogwares) - €12.99/£11.69
The Sinking City: Chicago Organ Grinder (Frogwares) - €1.99/£1.79
The Sinking City: Investigator Pack (Frogwares) - €4.99/£4.49

Pic-a-Pix Pieces: 15x15 Pieces Pack 9 (Lightwood Games) - €2.99/£2.99
Pic-a-Pix Pieces: 20x20 Pieces Pack 9 (Lightwood Games) - €2.99/£2.99

Gear.Club Unlimited 2: Dodge Challenger Ignition (Microids) - €0.99/£0.89
Gear.Club Unlimited 2: Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione Ottanta (Microids) - €0.99/£0.89
Gear.Club Unlimited 2: BMW M4 Coupe Loyal 1 (Microids) - €0.99/£0.89
Gear.Club Unlimited 2: Wings Stickers Set (Microids) - €0.99/£0.89
Gear.Club Unlimited 2: Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupe Paint Stroke (Microids) - €0.99/£0.89
Gear.Club Unlimited 2: BMW Z4 Rodster Red Camo (Microids) - €0.99/£0.89
Gear.Club Unlimited 2: Dodge Challenger Sheriff (Microids) - €1.99/£1.79
Gear.Club Unlimited 2: Hazard Stickers Set (Microids) - €0.99/£0.89

Overcooked! 2 - Carnival of Chaos (Team17) - €4.99/£4.49
New levels! The carnival becomes your kitchen across 15 brand new levels!

Four new chefs! Put on a performance like no other as the ringmaster chef, strongman chef, clown chef and stunt chef!

New recipes! From donuts to hotdogs, cook up a carnival feast with brand new recipes and get to grips with the brand new condiment and drinks machines!

Combo meals! Fast food at its finest. Your customers are hungry and only the very best deep-fried food will do - combined with a drink and served on a tray, naturally!

Cannons? Yes, CANNONS! Gracefully travel from one end of the kitchen to the other with this rather unconventional new kitchen gadget!

Demos

Contra: Rogue Corps Demo (Konami) - Free
CONTRA is back! Two years after the Alien Wars ended, the Damned City erupts from the final battleground. From the midst of the chaos, a group of scoundrels emerge. They might not be typical heroes, but they're here to save the world… or get rich trying. Featuring action packed battles, customisable gear, gigantic bosses and explosive multiplayer action.

Yellow Fins Demo (Sprakelsoft) - Free
Our tiny yellow hero wants to fly like a bird. But he has fins and no wings. So he needs the hills to gain speed and fly from hill to hill to avoid getting caught by the snowstorm that is chasing chim.

Trials Rising Demo (Ubisoft) - Free
Explore over-the-top action and physics-bending motorcycle racing in the latest opus of the Trials franchise. All new features, more competitions and more tracks means new challenges. Ride challenging tracks around the world – from the Great Wall of China and New York City to the Eiffel Tower and everywhere in between. With the new hilarious Tandem Bike, get your friends and try to control one bike with two riders. From your local backyard to worldwide stadiums, defeat all your opponents online and rise to glory.

Mistover (Time Trial Demo) (KRAFTON) - Free
''MIST-ical'' RPG with expeditions for finding the key to survival. Choose your next step wisely and keep in mind that your every move will change the future.

Pre-orders

EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Nintendo Switch Legacy Edition (Electronic Arts) - €59.99/£54.99
Pre-load ends 26/09/2019, 23:59 local time

EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Legacy Edition launches September 27th on Nintendo Switch featuring the latest kits, clubs, and squads from some of top leagues around the world. It will also feature some of the world's most famous stadiums, including some brand new to FIFA 20. Gameplay features and modes will have parity with FIFA 19 on Nintendo Switch.

Galaxy Champions TV (Silesia Games) - €6.99/£6.29 (€4.89/£4.40 until October 2)
Pre-load ends 03/10/2019, 14:59 CEST

Get powerful weapons and power-ups, defeat a huge amount of enemies, level up, unlock upgrades and beat all the bosses to become the champion of the most violent TV show of all time! Are you ready to become the Champ?!

"Good luck! You'll need it!"

Call of Cthulhu (Focus Home Entertainment) - €39.99/£35.99 (€35.99/£32.39 until October 7)
Pre-load ends 08/10/2019, 09:59 local time

Call of Cthulhu, the official videogame inspired by Chaosium's classic pen and paper RPG, brings you deep into a world of creeping madness and shrouded Old Gods within Lovecraft's iconic universe.

1924. Private Investigator Pierce is sent to look into the tragic death of the Hawkins family on the isolated Darkwater Island. Soon enough, Pierce is pulled into a terrifying world of conspiracies, cultists, and cosmic horrors. Nothing is as it seems. Sanity is an irregular bedfellow, all too often replaced by whisperings in the dark. Strange creatures, weird science, and sinister cults dominate the Cthulhu Mythos, intent on realizing their mad schemes to bring about the end of everything.

Zombieland: Double Tap-Road Trip (Game Mill) - €39.99/£34.99
Pre-load ends 15/10/2019, 14:59 local time

With its own unique story, set between the events of the first movie, Zombieland: Double Tap- Road Trip is a ridiculously fun top-down twin-stick shooter featuring local co-op multiplayer for up to four players. Play as your favorite heroes from the original — Tallahassee, Columbus, Wichita and Little Rock — as well as new unlockable characters from the upcoming sequel. The game embraces the game-like elements seen in the film by incorporating everything from the "Rules" to "Zombie Kill of the Week". Use your special abilities, an arsenal of weapons and the essential Zombieland rules for survival to stay alive against huge numbers of uniquely grotesque and dangerous undead monstrosities in Zombieland: Double Tap- Road Trip's story-based campaign mode, wave-based horde mode, and boss battles.

Killer Queen Black (Liquid Bit) - €17.99/£16.19
Pre-load ends 11/10/2019, 15:59 CEST

Killer Queen Black is an intense multiplayer action/strategy platformer for up to eight players. Fly solo, or team up with three of your friends as you race to complete one of three possible victory conditions.

Omen Exitio: Plague (Forever Entertainment) - €9.99/£8.99 (€4.99/£8.09 until October 2)
Pre-load ends 19/09/2019, 14:59 CEST

The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." – H.P. Lovecraft

Zanzibar, 1896. Dr. Jake Huntington enlisted in the army to forget the loss of his wife. Yet something sinister and ancient is about to overturn his life forever. Shadows that inhabit the confines of reality seem to converge all in one point: a terrifying disease that threatens to exterminate the entire human race.

Island Maze (Drageus Games, available September 13) - €2.99/£2.69
Pre-load ends 19/09/2019, 23:59 local time

When you're a cube, even a simple island becomes a puzzling maze. It's time to shine and bring out the best in you. Collect keys, climb steep walls and manipulate your surroundings to finally reach the portal.

Expect a fun, smart and relaxing experience!

Street Outlaws: The List (Game Mill, available September 13)
Pre-load ends 22/10/2019, 14:59 local time

Last edited:

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I bought The Tenth Line late last night.
I own it on PS4 and just want to signal boost it a little. This game is so obscure I was shocked to see an improved version releasing on Switch!
This is a 2D, very quirky RPG where you control 3 party members (same 3 for whole game). They have abilities to help traversal on the field so you will be switching who you control a lot.
The story is really quirky and odd but interesting, just like the battle system. Battles are (for me) HARD in The Tenth Line. You will be attacked by literal mobs of enemies none of this 1 or 2 things at a time no, huge groups of things attack you.
Battles use cards that use SP and all your party acts at the same time. It's really fun with tons of strategy.
Since everything in this game is offbeat, so is the "skill tree" you use these glyph things on big boards and gain abilities and power ups by laying them on to this board. You can connect things together leading to bigger boosts for you and again there is lots of strategy here too.

Lastly the game is really pretty and I love the music. Yes I love this as you can tell lol. For 11 bucks or so, you are getting a 20ish hour really quirky RPG where the conventions we are all used to in rpgs are thrown out the window.

If you are an RPG lover and want something different, I can heartily recommend checking out The Tenth Line :)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Amnesia Collection shadow drop huh.

also I swear the EU gets the same sales every 2 or 3 weeks, or at least the same batch of games.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Hey! Many Johnny Turbo games are now on sale (NA eshop) at 50% off!

Joe & Mac, Bad Dudes, Night Slashers... and my favorite: GATE OF DOOM -- another crappy game loved by the same guy that insists Shining Resonance is a great game! ^_^

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
finished Blasphemous, true ending, 25 hours 95.75% completion, absolutely loved it but can see how its going to be divisive.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I bought The Tenth Line late last night.
I own it on PS4 and just want to signal boost it a little. This game is so obscure I was shocked to see an improved version releasing on Switch!
This is a 2D, very quirky RPG where you control 3 party members (same 3 for whole game). They have abilities to help traversal on the field so you will be switching who you control a lot.
The story is really quirky and odd but interesting, just like the battle system. Battles are (for me) HARD in The Tenth Line. You will be attacked by literal mobs of enemies none of this 1 or 2 things at a time no, huge groups of things attack you.
Battles use cards that use SP and all your party acts at the same time. It's really fun with tons of strategy.
Since everything in this game is offbeat, so is the "skill tree" you use these glyph things on big boards and gain abilities and power ups by laying them on to this board. You can connect things together leading to bigger boosts for you and again there is lots of strategy here too.

Lastly the game is really pretty and I love the music. Yes I love this as you can tell lol. For 11 bucks or so, you are getting a 20ish hour really quirky RPG where the conventions we are all used to in rpgs are thrown out the window.

If you are an RPG lover and want something different, I can heartily recommend checking out The Tenth Line :)
Thanks might have to wishlist that

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
wow this art style is great, very Darkest Dungeon-esque. It has a demo too

No I didnt post in the wrong thread btw, its just easier to link to a steam page for people to see the game lol. Well easier for me anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, Florida
wow this art style is great, very Darkest Dungeon-esque. It has a demo too

No I didnt post in the wrong thread btw, its just easier to link to a steam page for people to see the game lol. Well easier for me anyway.

The game play and Darkest Dungeonesque scheme is right up my ally. That being siad, I don't know if I'll be able to stomach the whole "chibi" anime character design. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Re-downloading 350 GB worth of games following a system transfer is... not ideal.
The eShop is a little clumsy when you want to queue tons (121) items.
It actually looks like the Switch cannot queue more than 20-30 items at a time for download, no more icons will appear in the library view.

That said, the actual user transfer between Switches was smooth sailing and very brief.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Re-downloading 350 GB worth of games following a system transfer is... not ideal.
The eShop is a little clumsy when you want to queue tons (121) items.
It actually looks like the Switch cannot queue more than 20-30 items at a time for download, no more icons will appear in the library view.

That said, the actual user transfer between Switches was smooth sailing and very brief.
Your actually downloading all those at once?
Or you just want the icons to show up?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Creature in the Well decided to have a massive difficulty spike.