• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The core premise here seems to be on the production front:

Kimishima-san mentioned that the plan remains toship twenty million shipments for the console in the current fiscal year (between April 2018 and March 2019), and there are no problems in securing the required production volumes. While it's true that the price of parts is affected by fluctuations, negotiations are undergoing to any impact on the production costs of these twenty million units.

That said, there's also a part that addresses consumer facing problems, where Kimishima explicitly confirms there are more games coming this year than what has been announced already.

Kimishima-san was also asked about Nintendo's presentation at E3 and the fact that it caused a sharp decline in the stock value. He explained that the company is preparing to disclose more information to the customers at an appropriate timing, including products that will be launched during the year-end shopping battle. It's not yet time to announce the full lineup.

That being said, he listed the games that will be released before the end of the fiscal year, mentioning that it's a "powerful lineup." Nintendo aims to maintain and expand the momentum of the Switch towards the year-end shopping battle (this is a widely used definition in Japan for the shopping rush at the end of the year). He believes that more detailed information can be disclosed to the customers in the future.

SOURCE

I guess another Direct is coming.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Kimishima-san was also asked about Nintendo's presentation at E3 and the fact that it caused a sharp decline in the stock value. He explained that the company is preparing to disclose more information to the customers at an appropriate timing, including products that will be launched during the year-end shopping battle. It's not yet time to announce the full lineup.

RESET THE CLOCK

I think Nintendo believes Pokemon Lets Go combined with Smash Bros will be able to help a bunch towards reaching the 20+ goal by end of the business fiscal year.

I'm guessing a July/August Direct. If they are planning to announce more things for Christmas ("year-end shopping battle").

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Online direct this month I bet. Maybe now they'll have a better lineup than the iterative Smash Ultimate and party game Pokémon Let's Go

/s

RESET THE CLOCK

I think Nintendo believes Pokemon Lets Go combined with Smash Bros will be able to help a bunch towards reaching the 20+ goal by end of the business fiscal year.

I'm guessing a July/August Direct. If they are planning to announce more things for Christmas ("year-end shopping battle").

I'm thinking we'll see a Direct in the next month or so to detail the online and I'm sure what's left this year will be online multiplayer focused. Probably a couple of late ports and a surprise. I want to hedge my bet on Animal Crossing since it would be pretty funny to me to announce it only a couple of months before release. I have absolutely nothing to base that on though and I have not seen any leaks regarding Animal Crossing at all. Mario Maker would also be a fun one too, but again I have no reason to believe that's coming. So it'll probably be just a few late ports and a minor surprise.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they've certainly got the software, just need switches in stores

a powerful lineup is a good way to put it

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
There won't be any more big heavy hitter games announced and coming by year end.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RESET THE CLOCK

September

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish they would cut the bullshit and show what they got for the rest of the year. But I doubt that they have any software that would mitigate the problems they have in 2018.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
With so many things scheduled to be released July 13th, I am certain there is a July 13th (or 12th) Direct coming up. That said, not sure if it will cover all of this year's releases either, there's always place for an October Direct in addition as well...

PK_Wonder

One Winged Slayer
Mar 22, 2018
The Pokemon/Smash combo (with Mario Party and Starlink as appetizers) will combine with what has been sold to get them past 20 million itself.

I'm predicting the last minute 2018 announcement is Nintendogs. Simple enough to not need months of info hyping it up, blue ocean enough to notably contribute to HW sales.

Suzushiiro

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, I'd imagine that Pokemon Let's Go and Smash are their "big" games and they have a few smaller/third-party/indie titles. Can't think of anything in that category that could significantly push hardware units (CoD? GTA5?) but I doubt that Smash and LG are the only Nintendo titles launching in the holiday window.

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
There won't be any more big heavy hitter games announced and coming by year end.
Yea, I agree. I imagine they're banking on Pokemon and Smash to drive the bulk of the 20m. Super Mario Party, and whatever else is coming is more or less padding for software sales during the holidays.

kjtc1979

Nov 27, 2017
It remains an ambitious goal, at least in terms of production. I think that the software lineup as is will be enough for the holidays, but more can only help. Though on the last day of school, all the kids who brought Switch in were playing Fortnite.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Another Labo kit will probably launch this holiday at the very least I would imagine. Coming into this year we only had dates for Bayonetta 1 and 2 which were coincidently announced in December of last year, even if people think this year has been weak thus far Nintendo pretty much announced everything and released them quickly.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
RESET THE CLOCK

My guess is September.
I wish they would cut the bullshit and show what they got for the rest of the year. But I doubt that they have any software that would mitigate the problems they have in 2018.
Smash and Pokemon will mitigate any problems they have.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I believe there are several 3rd party announcements waiting to happen (e.g. some COD game, not necessarily BO4 though) and either the rumored NSMBU or a Mario Maker.

As to whether these would mitigate whatever problems you consider them as having in 2018, we'll know the answer for sure by end March 2019 (depending on whether they shipped 20 million or not).

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade X ports.

Come on Nintendo, each one of those will sell 1 million Switches to the masses.

... T_T

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Xenoblade X ports.

Come on Nintendo, each one of those will sell 1 million Switches to the masses.

... T_T
I'd love an XBX port. I keep putting off a replay because I don't want to start then have to abandon that save when the port hits.

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
Nintendo don't blow their loads during E3 so I was never worried. People overreacted way too much.
While they won't announce a title as big as Smash, they'll have something else that isn't going to be overshadowed like it would have been during E3.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, people always go ape shit at Nintendo at every single E3 for the same reason.

"So that's it for *insert year*?!?!?"

Then there's more Nintendo Directs and out-of-nowhere announcements later in the year.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
They must be expecting a massive third quarter (holiday timeframe). I don't know why they keep teasing more games. Just announce it or let people know it's going to be Labo announcements or ports. They are setting up everyone for disappointment otherwise

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there's been way too much smoke about other releases that Nintendo could have announced at E3 but didn't.

I'm thinking we'll either get a solid amount of announcements this month or next month, heavily focused on third party games and maybe a few small first party titles or remasters.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo says a lot of things. This E3 was pretty disappointing for me in regards to third party games and what they are doing with online (especially in 2018) still baffles me.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm missing the part about more games this year?
He explained that the company is preparing to disclose more information to the customers at an appropriate timing, including products that will be launched during the year-end shopping battle. It's not yet time to announce the full lineup.

That being said, he listed the games that will be released before the end of the fiscal year, mentioning that it's a "powerful lineup." Nintendo aims to maintain and expand the momentum of the Switch towards the year-end shopping battle (this is a widely used definition in Japan for the shopping rush at the end of the year). He believes that more detailed information can be disclosed to the customers in the future.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
He explained that the company is preparing to disclose more information to the customers at an appropriate timing, including products that will be launched during the year-end shopping battle. It's not yet time to announce the full lineup.

thanks

KRBM

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
ls4pf.jpg

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I mean, people always go ape shit at Nintendo at every single E3 for the same reason.

"So that's it for *insert year*?!?!?"

Then there's more Nintendo Directs and out-of-nowhere announcements later in the year.
What big announcements did last year's E3 not cover for 2017 titles? Only one I can think of is the surprise DOOM port that released like 6 weeks later. Hopefully, we get something like that with GTA V. I'm pretty sure everything first party 2018 has been announced though.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They must be expecting a massive third quarter (holiday timeframe). I don't know why they keep teasing more games. Just announce it or let people know it's going to be Labo announcements or ports. They are setting up everyone for disappointment otherwise

They're talking to their shareholders here in the meeting, not to the consumers in those reports. People should already know that the entire lineup of Nintendo consoles isn't entire revealed until september, every year it's the same thing.

I know that we as hardcore for some reason need to know everything all the time but there's no reason for most people that buys video game to be like that. Just the release of it in the market when they know that it's coming and there's that. There's no such worry.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
DQ 11 is not coming over since SE has been hard at work on DQ 12 exclusive for Switch winter 2019

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Smash and Pokemon will mitigate any problems they have.

I believe there are several 3rd party announcements waiting to happen (e.g. some COD game, not necessarily BO4 though) and either the rumored NSMBU or a Mario Maker.

As to whether these would mitigate whatever problems you consider them as having in 2018, we'll know the answer for sure by end March 2019 (depending on whether they shipped 20 million or not).

Smash and Pokémon will certainly help them reach their 20m target but they won't do much for people who bought their Switch for games like Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They only have Smash Bros and Pokemon, there's absolutely no way they'll hit 20 million by the end of fiscal year. /s