• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Of all the sequels I ever expected to be possible on Switch. Donkey Kong Barrel Blast would be among the bottom (of the barrel?) as the reception was sadly poor, and also Nintendo hasn't worked with Paon in many years.

Tito

Oct 28, 2017
They should make LABO bongos. it's not like the bongos sounded good on their own.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I would love it if Nintendo returned to this franchise. I would love it even more if they rolled Konga and Jungle Beat into one game (ie: Rhythm Mode and Adventure Mode).

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
This has almost nothing to do with "Donkey Konga" and almost everything to do with "prebuilt accessories that make use of the IR camera ala Labo"

This is fucking awesome

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I'm on team Labo Konga. I think keeping the heaviest gimmicks this generation to the Labo brand is best, so that 'hardcore' gamers don't feel threatened and shit it up too much.
Also, I am still waiting on a controller with a clicky wheel as shown in a previous Nintendo patent.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I hope they let me use the original Bongos, I have like four of those sitting in my garage

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people are mentioning Jungle Beat. I'm with you on that. I never owned it, but I thought it was phenomenal that time I played it at Best Buy. Gave me the urge to buy a GameCube for a split second. Couldn't believe how playable that thing ended up being.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I'd love a new Donkey Konga title or a re-release of the old titles. I just hope that the Taiko game for Switch isn't a Donkey Konga title.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that we get a picture of the bongos using a barrel blast/jet race style title, except that game only ever released in its gimped wii form without bongos...

Oh my god, this is it, the megaton, the original Gamecube Barrel Blast experience on VC, up there with Mother 3 in nintendo fans hopes and dreams!

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They should make LABO bongos. it's not like the bongos sounded good on their own.
Bongos out of cardboard? No thanks. Those things need to be able to take a serious beating on Gorrila difficultly songs (clapping is for scrubs, and not even slightly feasible, you had to whack the side of the bongos).

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
My bongos are so beaten, they barely register claps/hitting the sides of the bongo.
That's what 100% completion of Jungle Beat does.

Maxemillian

Oct 28, 2017
I've never had a proper play through of Jungle Beat, but the Donkey Konga games were fun. Especially when I discovered that the playlist of the Japanese versions were superior. Especially the Japan only Donkey Konga 3. I always felt that the reason Nintendo never revisited this series was because of poor sales in the West and the superior sales of the Taiko Drum Master series on DS, consoles and arcades. If they are interested in bringing it back than happy days! I would like a best of version that brings together all three Japanese entries of the series (region free FTW!) and an eventual new release.

Oct 26, 2017
The amount of Donkey Konga bongo slaps I still know off by heart. Hopefully there's a way to reuse old sets, I've still got two.

Bongos out of cardboard? No thanks. Those things need to be able to take a serious beating on Gorrila difficultly songs (clapping is for scrubs, and not even slightly feasible, you had to whack the side of the bongos).

For the stupidly long clap sections we found just going AAAAARGGGH was sufficient xD

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Wow the ways they thought of using the Joycons is so amazing....makes me excited for future Switch games! Would love to see a new Track and Field game, or Wii Sports 2.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
A patent for a non-existent problem? Just make the GameCube controller adapter from the Wii U work again, and anyone with Donkey Konga drums will be all set.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
So I'm guessing Labo isn't replacing all peripherals then?
Either that, or Nintendo is protecting their ever-so-coveted conga controller patent from Sony and Microsoft.

A patent for a non-existent problem? Just make the GameCube controller adapter from the Wii U work again, and anyone with Donkey Konga drums will be all set.

Doesn't it already work? I remember folks playing ARMS with a GCN controller.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally a use for my four sets of DK bongos they've been taking up so much space

taciturasa

Jan 10, 2018
This has almost nothing to do with "Donkey Konga" and almost everything to do with "prebuilt accessories that make use of the IR camera ala Labo"

This is fucking awesome
Yeah, honestly, I think the Labo brand should remain squarely within the Toycon space. It's about making and discovering and toys.

Prebuilt accessories using the tech should be just that, and the technology should be available for all developers. A "touch mat" with the technology would be great, especially for, say, a tycoon or a sim game.