• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
BOY

giphy.gif

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The more interesting part is a japanese trademark for the english name of the Famicon

Seems like how most companies are fixing regional changes ...

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
If they ever do a GameCube mini whatever. Just put Pokémon Colosseum.

That's all I got to say about that.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Could be related to switch classic games because they wouldn't skip the n64 mini console

Casual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they're gonna skip the n64 mini and go straight to GameCube and game boy?
I'm on board with that.

GameCube classic has way more appeal than N64. Games aged way better and the best ones haven't already been ported elsewhere.

Metroid Prime, Smash, Super Mario Sunshine, RE4, F-Zero GX, Luigi's Mansion, Double Dash, Pikmin, Eternal Darkness, SoA, Baiten Kaitos, RE0, Animal Crossing....

Great lineup.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I think the Gamecube library is my favourite of all the Nintendo systems.

I hope any Mini or emulation on Switch solution they come up with increases the render resolution etc.

I'm in for whatever.

Edit: Localise Giftpia.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely just them covering their bases and keeping their copyrights up, so it probably means nothing.
I would, however, love if this meant they were looking at releasing games from those systems on Switch.
It probably doesn't mean that though.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Give me a Gamecube and a Game Boy Classic. Come on, Nintendo. I'll take them out of your hands as soon as you put them for preorder.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how long they kept the original GameCube hardware in production, I wouldn't even be the least bit surprised if it is shrunk down enough for native hardware at this point.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
what about putting good games instead
I was going through some serious medical problems as a kid during that time. It was a gift to calm me down and to make me forget the pain.

It worked. I loved it, double battles only. Espeon and Umbreon together. A fantastic soundtrack. It's a good game to me and to others.

There's plenty of room for it.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'll say this right now: this had better be something for Switch, or I won't be interested. These Mini Consoles hold zero appeal for me at all. Whether through a subscription or piecemeal purchases, I want these games available digitally on my Switch. If I wanted a hundred different Nintendo systems hooked up under my TV, I may as well as get an actual GameCube and have the whole library. I don't see the appeal of the Classic Consoles at all outside of nostalgia, and even then, that would probably be better served just with the original system.

That said, Nintendo has already said VC is dead and that all we can expect from the Online Service is NES games for the time being, so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Freddo

Oct 27, 2017
Småland, Sweden
I don't really see a GameCube mini happening anytime soon, current cheap generic ARM hardware isn't powerful enough to emulate it at full speed.

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That said, Nintendo has already said VC is dead and that all we can expect from the Online Service is NES games for the time being, so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.
For what it's worth, when Nintendo Online details first came out a year ago, it was NES -and- SNES games... so future systems will likely come, but at that infamous Nintendo glacial trickle pace.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The good thing about a GC mini would be that they're already selling GC controllers, and it wouldn't be hard to get your hands on four.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was going through some serious medical problems as a kid during that time. It was a gift to calm me down and to make me forget the pain.

It worked. I loved it, double battles only. Espeon and Umbreon together. A fantastic soundtrack. It's a good game to me and to others.

There's plenty of room for it.

welp i just wanted to make a dumb joke about colosseum don't mind my post

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon Colosseum is the GOAT.

The Gamecube Mini would be a dream come true. I still have a Gamecube hooked up though lol.

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see a Gamecube mini existing for a few reasons, so I will assume it's Switch related!