• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smashman98

Jan 5, 2018
The fact is that slot will be occupied by Pokémon 8th generation games. The risk would be that one could overshadow the other, it's much better for Animal Crossing to be released in the summer.

Edit: changed with the correct quote
Idk I feel like Pokemon will always release when it releases regardless of whatever else Nintendo decides to release. I'm not saying animal crossing will release at end of year im just saying I don't see it getting moved for Pokemon.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jonneh keeps taking shots at NSMBU Deluxe and comparing it to DKCTF. I think it's fair to show how much better DKCTF is in many many ways. I already think DKCTF is one of the best 2D platformers ever from music, design, levels.
Makes me think do you think Retro Studios became the best studio for 2D platformers out of all of Nintendo's studios?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Jonneh keeps taking shots at NSMBU Deluxe and comparing it to DKCTF. I think it's fair to show how much better DKCTF is in many many ways. I already think DKCTF is one of the best 2D platformers ever from music, design, levels.
Makes me think do you think Retro Studios became the best studio for 2D platformers out of all of Nintendo's studios?
I mean even wooly world is definitively better too. Both new raymans also, even if they are third party.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean even wooly world is definitively better too. Both new raymans also, even if they are third party.
I never thought about Yoshi's Woolly World might be better, but I think you're right.

I always say if only NSMBU had different music and art style it'd be right there at the top. Thing is DKCTF gives us those 2 key elements and so does Woolly World.

Like he shows stuff like coming back into a level is better in DKCTF.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought about Yoshi's Woolly World might be better, but I think you're right.

I always say if only NSMBU had different music and art style it'd be right there at the top. Thing is DKCTF gives us those 2 key elements and so does Woolly World.

Like he shows stuff like coming back into a level is better in DKCTF.

Nsmb is a carry over from nintendo playing mario extremely over the top safe for whatever reason. They are getting away from it now, but DX is a reminder. It's kind of funny how opposite they did things. Do weird experimental stuff with metroid and dk, yet play mario as safe as possible even though what made mario great was how versatile the IP was.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I always say if only NSMBU had different music and art style it'd be right there at the top.
Yeah, I definitely agree. If the game had a different art direction (maybe a hand-drawn art-style inspired by the official 2D Mario art) and a better soundtrack, it would be up there with 3 and World.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I do wish Nintendo wasn't this close to their chest. It feels like they've taken that stance even further.
what do you mean?
we already know most of the confirmed and likely 2019 games.
I won't make a list, but there's like 8 Nintendo published games.
That's not close to the chest.

Or do you mean when a direct airs is close to the chest?
It is, but the opposite wouldn't change anything.

Let's say instead of announcing a direct 2 days in advance, Nintendo usually announces a direct 1 month in advance.

Nothing would change.
All the posts now would be migrated to December 10-15 and people would be freaking out that no January direct was announced in December.

In fact....it'd be 10 times worse, due to a longer time interval.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to get Mario Bros U a day early and, eh, it hasn't aged well. Compared to the likes of Rayman Legends and Donkey Kong Freeze, it comes off as awfully bland.

If we're ever going to get another 2d Mario I hope Nintendo put some effort into it because the franchise needs desperately revitalising.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get Mario Bros U a day early and, eh, it hasn't aged well. Compared to the likes of Rayman Legends and Donkey Kong Freeze, it comes off as awfully bland.

If we're ever going to get another 2d Mario I hope Nintendo put some effort into it because the franchise needs desperately revitalising.
I'm hoping it's why they ported this. Just a hold off since they are doing a full 2d reboot.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
So far,
- NIS teased an announcement on 1/17
- MK11 gameplay and announcements incoming 1/17
- Nintendo dropped a release date for Yoshi and a story trailer in a tweet
- Nintendo also dropped a release date for Kirby in a tweet
- Two highly anticipated (by me) Final Fantasy games also had their release dates dropped via tweets

It's because I'm a crazy person I'm reading way too much into this and now I'm questioning if there'll be a Direct this month.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
Do we think Switch will also get the Mortal Kombat 11 Demo Next week? See MK Cover
thread for more details from leaks.

Woule be nice if they announced that if there was a Direct the same day

The Direct will be on the same day.

I need NMH 1&2 plus Killer7. Day One for both

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
So far,
- Two highly anticipated (by me) Final Fantasy games also had their release dates dropped via tweets

It's because I'm a crazy person I'm reading way too much into this and now I'm questioning if there'll be a Direct this month.

You're reading too much into this. All the insiders already said a Direct is coming, plus a few people who aren't "insiders" but they got sources who are aware of one coming next week.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017

You mean "new" enemies like goombrats aren't exciting enough for you? /s

But seriously, I agree. The next 2D Mario should have a new art style, a different setting, a ton of new enemies, different power ups, and, of course, some catchy, original tunes. A new 2D Mario game used to be as special as a new 3D Mario. Let's hope they return to that tradition with the next title.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If a 3d zelda is really coming out 2020, they will not split attention with a 2d zelda.

So i think a release this year is very possible

The Three

Sep 11, 2018
So far,

Dragon's Dogma was also announced by Capcom and given a release date. A new trailer for Travis Strikes Again was also tweeted by Nintendo.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, it was first released one week ago, and was published on Nintendo's channel yesterday.The point is about the trend of Nintendo related news we've had within this last week.

Nintendo must apply radio silence for a Direct to happen? Directs is just one marketing channel, tweets are another. Nothing tweeted so far this year has been really high-caliber material, such as the Doom announcement or a brand new Nintendo game.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you think some tweets this week means no direct for January then you're over analyzing it. All the tweets told us is that there wouldn't be a Direct for this week.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So far,

I'm just operating under the assumption that we won't get a Direct this month. If we do, awesome. If not, I already prepared myself for the worst.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait when Nintendo starts doing Directs on stone tablets.

"We have 10 Direct announcements:

1) I am Nintendo, your favorite gaming company, thou shalt not be fans of other platform holders
2) Thou shalt not make any bootleg Nintendo consoles
3) Thou shalt not say Nintendo is doomed or going third party
4) Thou shall remember and respect E3, but not the press conferences
5) Honor thy NES and thy GameCube
6) Thou shalt not kill Nabbit
7) Thou shalt not commit hacking
8) Thou shalt not pirate
9) Thou shalt not bear false leaks
10) Thou shalt not covet the neighboring platforms' third party games

Oh and Pikmin 4 is nearing completion."

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I think that revealing the second Fighter Pass character this soon would be getting ahead of themselves a bit. They have plenty to show already, with a full Piranha Plant overview + release date, as well as a proper Joker gameplay reveal and perhaps release window. If Joker isn't coming until April or May, then they could easily hold off the next character announcement til a Spring Direct.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Unless they start to announce the games they're planning to release next two months and May/June on Twitter, we're definitely getting a Direct. 70 days following NMH game have no major release at all, they're definitely announcing something very soon, third or first party.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
If I was in king zell or Vern I would spend the next week writing "TOLD YA BITCHES" all over ResetEra.

Hold on my friends. We went through four years of Wii U guys. Wii U. Just wait six days and I'm sure we'll all have our deserved Direct.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Direct or no, I just wanna know when I can play MPT in HD. I've really been itching for that game since around TGAs time.

Status
Not open for further replies.