• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
Well, on a positive note, I don't think anyone can be surprised that a Nindies Direct is coming. All of us would have predicted one to arrive at some point in Jan-Mar. It happens to be coming in January, when perhaps we'd have said February. So, it doesn't actually change anything in terms of what other announcements could come in other Directs.

I still believe we're looking at a title specific Direct before a big General Direct, so if we're now looking at February as a possible date, does that mean Pokemon comes back into the mix again, or are we expecting Animal Crossing?

General Direct feels like March now, for sure. (Not to say something else couldn't come before it, but yea, it feels like March...)

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
And now you know why it has been quiet here in the last few days with no one hinting and teasing lmao.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
We are litterally on day 16.

1521836847579.gif

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
Hummm what? April is completely stacked

April has had some announcements at least, but it certainly isn't stacked for me. I love Final Fantasy as much as the next person, but the Vita genuinely scratched that itch a good few years ago. It's only really XII that has my interest, but I'm just not convinced I can play that one all the way through again...

UrsaKota

Apr 17, 2018
If Zell comes back and gives us a good ol
;)
in like, 50 minutes I might scream.
I can live with beginning of February kinda? I dunno about business-wise but I feel like that's reasonable.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
It better not be Steamworld Dig 3

I've seen enough of that. I want something new. Heist was a masterpiece and I wish they expand the universe in other directions.

edit: Good thing I have NSMBUDX, Tales of Vesperia and Travis Strikes again to play with until the Direct. Still got some life in Smash probably too. And I have to buy my kids their own Switch this year so that'll suck up some dough.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Don't Nintendo have their financial results / shareholder meeting at the end of Jan? They are going to have to explain where Mario Kart Tour + other mobile games are along with their plans for Switch titles this year.

So no general direct but then a load of info given out to share holders? Seems like a bizarre situation in all honesty

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
The dream for a general direct is dead for now, then.

In that case, it makes sense they announced Yoshi's release date, and we probably will get just indies for February. There won't be a shadow drop of a port.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It better not be Steamworld Dig 3

I've seen enough of that. I want something new. Heist was a masterpiece and I wish they expand the universe in other directions.

edit: Good thing I have NSMBUDX, Tales of Vesperia and Travis Strikes again to play with until the Direct. Still got some life in Smash probably too. And I have to buy my kids their own Switch this year so that'll suck up some dough.
Nah. Steamworld Dig 2 was a masterpiece. We need a sequel to it.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I d9nt know bow a new year is a reset on nees

We been waiting for news since september

We hoped the gamewards would fill the void with metroid

But no now the january direct the tradition

The patterns

We are not homo erectus we evovled to be a pattern creating and reconising species

It will save us

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Don't Nintendo have their financial results / shareholder meeting at the end of Jan? They are going to have to explain where Mario Kart Tour + other mobile games are along with their plans for Switch titles this year.

So no general direct but then a load of info given out to share holders? Seems like a bizarre situation in all honesty
I wouldn't expect much of anything from there. At most we'll get an update on mobile stuff.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK

Yep, it makes no sense to me either. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next 6-8 weeks and whether there's something where we all go "ahh OK so that's why they did it like that...", but I doubt it.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
Man... Retro is so effing disappointing. They are turning into grrm (8 years and counting for 1 book) except at least for us a song of ice and fire fans we have game of thrones to watch. Smh

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

ehhh the mobile stuff is always seperate from Nintendo directs why even bring it up?
they just kinda announce mobile stuff on twitter and show a trailer and call it a day.

and i'm sure the investors report will still report that yes a pokemon game is still coming this year lol

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we don't get a Direct this January like last year then why should we expect to get a Direct this March like last March? If anything you should be expecting a Direct in February.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
So he keeps quiet, says he doesn't kniw. You guys keep bitching and whining and asking him to drop news. He answers sarcastically that it was confirmed yesterday, showing he won't budge. And now he just blurts it out, just like that out of good will?
95b1ca98-8ac4-4345-ac91-80c3119cbaba.gif

You guys are gullible as fuck, see you in an hour when the direct is announced.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Look ... sources can get something wrong too sometimes. See TGAs.

That happens, so how about we're not going to disregard king zells info by posting about the N64 mini stuff, ok?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So he keeps quiet, says he doesn't kniw. You guys keep bitching and whining and asking him to drop news. He answers sarcastically that it was confirmed yesterday, showing he won't budge. And now he just blurts it out, just like that out of good will?
95b1ca98-8ac4-4345-ac91-80c3119cbaba.gif

You guys are gullible as fuck, see you in an hour when the direct is announced.
How is that good will? He probably just got new info.

Status
Not open for further replies.