• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
as if nintendo would ever put three games in one package when they can sell each for 50 or 60 dollars. metroid is a different story cuz they already did a trilogy on wii and this will be a port of that, and a single metroid game won't sell as much as a single zelda game.

I would pay $50 for Majora's Mask 3D HD lol, they are 100% not gonna made the Zelda game a compilation.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but MP Trilogy wii was just the gamecube versions upscaled + mp3 right? If they would spend money and resources on a proper remaster, why sell 3 Metroids at $60?

I also believe that the Zelda ports will be stand alone, but not $60 each, only the inevitable SSHD.
they probably will still sell the whole prime trilogy at $60, if only because they won't be able to sell a lot of copies if they're sold separately.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Yeah but MP Trilogy wii was just the gamecube versions upscaled + mp3 right? If they would spend money and resources on a proper remaster, why sell 3 Metroids at $60?

I also believe that the Zelda ports will be stand alone, but not $60 each, only the inevitable SSHD.
Because of the percieved value: if the Metroid Prime Trilogy was worth 60$ in 2009 then it's certainly worth less than that in 2019 for the same game with the same resolution, on the other hand an HD version of the Trilogy with a few tweaks and controls options is still acceptable to be sold at full price in 2019

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
If MPT is a direct port of the Wii version at 720p, with no effort made to slightly improve the visuals or the game in general, yet sold at 60$, it'll be an easy pass as far as I'm concerned.i still have the games on GameCube and Wii.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Because perceived value, and all "loss" that is made by selling the MPT for "just" $60 instead of $180 will be made up for by the additional sales that the MPT will bring in for MP4. Fact is that remastering older games is still cheaper than developing an entirely new product. If Nintendo sees a way to get more for their games, don't worry, they'll take that chance. The Virtual Console is a prime example.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Please, tell me that Game Freak is putting effort on Pokémon this year. Only this.
Why are you asking about a game you're likely going to see within 2 months ? Lol, it's not like you're going to give up on it just because a reliable guy online told you they are lazing off as they always do.

GameFreak hired A LOT of people and their past two games (USUM and LGPE) were handled by very small teams since the rest of the team was already working on Gen 8, GF knows they can't mess-up this game and, even if they didn't realize that/they weren't able to make a good enough game, Nintendo is certainly overseeing the project, this is hands down Nintendo's biggest game for 2019, it simply can't fail, their sales expectations for this fiscal year will rely heavily on this game, if GameFreak fails Nintendo steps in and has the manpower to finish the game and deliver it without a delay.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metroid Prime Trilogy ain't gonna be just an upscale of gamecube games. This thing's gonna get sold for sixty bucks. It was 20 on Wii U. It's going to be seriously reworked, like Twilight Princess or Wind Waker were.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
I talked about that before, they said its gonna be BOTW tier.
Missed, it's really nice to hear it. Hoping to see something soon. Thanks!

Why are you asking about a game you're likely going to see within 2 months ? Lol, it's not like you're going to give up on it just because a reliable guy online told you they are lazing off as they always do.

GameFreak hired A LOT of people and their past two games (USUM and LGPE) were handled by very small teams since the rest of the team was already working on Gen 8, GF knows they can't mess-up this game and, even if they didn't realize that/they weren't able to make a good enough game, Nintendo is certainly overseeing the project, this is hands down Nintendo's biggest game for 2019, it simply can't fail, their sales expectations for this fiscal year will rely heavily on this game, if GameFreak fails Nintendo steps in and has the manpower to finish the game and deliver it without a delay.

You're right, but Pokémon is one of the franchise that I play from the beginning, and the last games aren't the best. So that's why I hope to be shocked in a positive way from Pokémon.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
While I dont trust Game Freak that much, I'm still so hyped for this year's game. If the project is that ambitious, I wouldnt be surprised if Nintendo helped GF on this, considering they were developing Let's Go and Town at the same time as Gen 8.

By the way, really appreciate you spend some of your time posting here, we are very desperate sometimes :p

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
While Town seems to be a small scope game, its impressive Gamefreak making 3 games at the same time. Props to them!

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

I hope so.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Prime Trilogy needs to be reworked anyway because of Prime 3. Even if Prime 1/2 still are ports of the GC versions with HD/widescreen, Prime 3 only used IR pointing which the Switch doesn't have.

Gyro is the most logical replacement, but that's usually best to move the camera. Prime Trilogy allowed you to aim without moving the camera.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prime Trilogy needs to be reworked anyway because of Prime 3. Even if Prime 1/2 still are ports of the GC versions with HD/widescreen, Prime 3 only used IR pointing which the Switch doesn't have.

Gyro is the most logical replacement, but that's usually best to move the camera. Prime Trilogy allowed you to aim without moving the camera.
Trilogy has been implied to been in Bamco's hands at one point. chances are, the game that's getting the most change is MP3 to conform to everything else.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
real talk tho, i hope the next zelda 2d will take heavy inspirations from the marvelous pace of a link between worlds
it pretty much perfected the old 2D formula

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hard to believe I'll actually enjoy a Pokémon game and not just do it just to get to the competetive online part.

But I always trust in the king, this is exciting.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Zell delivering some spicy stuff today. My brief time with Let's Go has been largely a disappointment, so hopefully the next game is the big face lift and revamp the series desperately needs.
real talk tho, i hope the next zelda 2 will take heavy inspirations from the marvelous pace of a link between worlds
it pretty much perfected the old 2D formula

I didn't really care for buying new gear/items from a shop. It was a pretty dull solution to the problem of linearity. Ideally they will just hide all the gear/items in the overworld for people to find, and/or make some dungeons linearly follow others but not all of them in the old 1-9 format.

Last edited:

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I've liked Let's Go, as I wanted something more relaxing and having only 150 Pokémon makes it finally feasible for me to fill the Pokédex... but oh boy. If Game Freak is truly aiming at BotW levels with Pokémon.... That's going to be amazing.
Specially if they get rid of the stupidly long beginning from Sun and Moon.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
There is a reason main Pokemon spent an additional year in development this time compared to the usual 2 year cycle.
I don't know what Game Freaks can pull though, but I'm excited to find out.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
There is a reason main Pokemon spent an additional year in development this time compared to the usual 2 year cycle.
Generations have always been a minimum of 3 years, though.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018

reason is switch is 100x more powerful than 3ds and they were in trouble even with a poor project like LGPE

you can't made a botw tier game with 900 animated pokemon in 2-3 years, unless is another reboot with 70 mons or so

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
reason is switch is 100x more powerful than 3ds and they had trouble even with a poor project like LGPE

you can't made a botw tier game with 900 animated pokemon in 2-3 years, unless is another reboot with 70 mons or so

They might have been working on it for 3/4 years and the walking animations are already done.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
I have no faith in GF to deliver a BotW-like experience like this unless it's delayed to 2020.

I defend their choice to make Let's Go PikaVee, but only because it's something I'm aware they can do in 1-2 years with their limitations.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Generations have always been a minimum of 3 years, though.

They have expanded and they have more developers. in the past the same team made all the games. now the actual development time is longer than usual for the same team that is making the main game.

reason is switch is 100x more powerful than 3ds and they had trouble even with a poor project like LGPE

botw tier game doesn't mean that the game is on the same level of BotW, but that it is an evolution for the Pokemon series in the same way BotW has been for Zelda series.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I'm taking "the BOTW of Pokemon" to just mean "it has camera control now."
King Zell has stated multiple times during 2018 that gen 8 will be ambitious.
Before the reveal of Let's Go, he said something like "gen 8 in 2019 is what will be really exciting", he then said that he has heard that GameFreaks really wanted to have their Odyssey/BOTW moment with gen 8, they wanted people to be as excited as they were for BOTW and Odyssey.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
With that clarification from King Zell, what would 2D mean? A game that has two words in the title that start with D?

Status
Not open for further replies.