• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And have Overwatch not be on PC, no thanks. As much as I love Nintendo, a Nintendo-owned Blizzard likely would have ended Overwatch DLC support after the first year or so.

If Nintendo bought Blizzard, limited DLC support for Overwatch would have been the last

Anybody see this? I think Pixelpar is teasing Darksiders. He replied to his own tweet with a reply to the Darksiders official tweet where someone asked for Darksiders 3 for Switch and they replied with "perhaps" 🤔

Heh, a while ago I suggested Nintendo should look into partnering with someone like THQ Nordic because they have numerous smaller studios that make A-AA games and would probably be good fits for the Switch.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, a while ago I suggested Nintendo should look into partnering with someone like THQ Nordic because they have numerous smaller studios that make A-AA games and would probably be good fits for the Switch.

If Nintendo is to partner someone, it should be a company whose games would really benefit Nintendo. I nominate Take Two. They have the most valuable franchises and they also have studios that can be Nintendo's use. Or merger even maybe. Nintendo exclusive GTA? Firaxis made Advance Wars? Visual Concepts making Mario Sports? Rockstar's next open world action game is F-Zero? Even the thought of it makes me drool.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'll actually be kind of disappointed if Nintendo does absolutely nothing this week. I'd even be satiated somewhat if they did a Direct for Mario Kart Tour. Hoping for a Pokemon Direct this week, though. There is precedent for Gamefreak revealing a new generation in January with Gen 6's reveal.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'll actually be kind of disappointed if Nintendo does absolutely nothing this week. I'd even be satiated somewhat if they did a Direct for Mario Kart Tour. Hoping for a Pokemon Direct this week, though. There is precedent for Gamefreak revealing a new generation in January with Gen 6's reveal.

King Zell told us that there is probably going to be a Nindies presentation this coming week.

Jubenhimer

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 14, 2019

According to Zeil, he said there's a Nindie's showcase coming next week. Nothing on the other Direct so far other than "soon" though.

OP
OP

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
If Nintendo is to partner someone, it should be a company whose games would really benefit Nintendo. I nominate Take Two. They have the most valuable franchises and they also have studios that can be Nintendo's use. Or merger even maybe. Nintendo exclusive GTA? Firaxis made Advance Wars? Visual Concepts making Mario Sports? Rockstar's next open world action game is F-Zero? Even the thought of it makes me drool.

Going back to Iwata's comments about the company considering a M&A, and the proposed take over of Bandai, i think the only way Nintendo goes forward is with a Japanese company. Unfortunately a lot of the big Japanese names have already made moves (Namco-Banda, Koei-Tecmo, Sega-Sammy, Square-Enix, etc.).

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The fact that people keep adding Deamon X Machina into these conversations tells you everything. It looks like a mid range title. The kind of thing that third parties release on the PS4 every month. It's got 7/10 written all over it. But becuase it's Switch exclusive people here talk about it like it's a tent pole release or something.
What kind of thing

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
Not specifically a mech game. But a niche Japanese title.

I'm not really explaining myself well.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I think if it were a PS4 title there'd be buzz here, but it wouldn't really make a noise outside of enthusiast circles.

Whereas I see a lot of people putting it down as the March game, or the April game in their predicted Nintendo schedules.

I don't think it's a big enough game to hold a month to itself.
When I look at Arms or Aces or Yoshi. That's the level of title that needs to come every month-ish really to make it feel as exciting as 2017. Filled in with a few ports and a few big games.

Jubenhimer

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I think if it were a PS4 title there'd be buzz here, but it wouldn't really make a noise outside of enthusiast circles.

Whereas I see a lot of people putting it down as the March game, or the April game in their predicted Nintendo schedules.

When I look at Arms or Aces or Yoshi. That's the level of title that needs to come every month-ish really to make it feel as exciting as 2017. Filled in with a few ports and a few big games.

I believe its because of two things.

1. Mid-range titles generally feel right at home on Switch thanks to its unique, simple hardware combined with its portability

2. It's genuinely a unique looking game that people want to play

Regardless, I don't think Nintendo will use it as THE game of the month, let alone their only Switch release for the month.

Virtu Al

Oct 25, 2017
Italy, Rome

I think you aren't considering that it's a passion project made by former major Armored Core team figures. The game did garner attention at its announcement of course, but as soon as people found out who was behind it I saw the interest get much bigger.

Don't dismiss a game just because it doesn't look hot to you. I'm not saying it will do Splatoon numbers (even if that's another title that people underestimated greatly), but it's defenitely a title that would stand out even in the PS4 library.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's keep putting Daemon X Machina down. It doesn't matter if it's a mid range title. Every damn game doesn't need to be big. It'll have a month and I'm sure there will be other games with it. It's a type of game we don't get all the time. It would stand out on the PS4 because it's a unique game for today.

If you don't like it that's fine or it doesn't appeal to you it's fine.

Last edited:

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm interested in playing a game, I'll play it. I don't care how 'big', 'small', 'niche' or 'indie' it is. Whether it's Tropical Freeze or Breath of the Wild or Hollow Knight, it doesn't matter.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Let's keep putting Daemon X Machina down. It doesn't matter if it's a mid range title. Every damn game doesn't need to be big. It'll have a month and I'm sure there will be other games with it. It's a type of game we don't get all the time. It would stand out on the PS4 because it's a unique game for today.

This.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018

Yeah. Fair enough. I don't think I articulated what I had to say well, or maybe what I had to say wasn't fair on the title.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Last time I checked this thread there was some insider teasing a Direct this month + saying the Twitter announcements wouldn't impact it and now every talk about February, did it get secretly cancelled/delayed? If it involve big 3rd parties (as teased it would be a big year for them on Switch) that would be understandable.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
The fact that people keep adding Deamon X Machina into these conversations tells you everything. It looks like a mid range title. The kind of thing that third parties release on the PS4 every month. It's got 7/10 written all over it. But becuase it's Switch exclusive people here talk about it like it's a tent pole release or something.

2ibkd42.jpg

izrv5z.jpg

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Man the wind has been taken right out of the sails for this thread. We couldn't even get an announcement for the supposed Nindies Showcase next week like they usually do beforehand, let alone a Direct announcement

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
Man the wind has been taken right out of the sails for this thread. We couldn't even get an announcement for the supposed Nindies Showcase next week like they usually do beforehand, let alone a Direct announcement

I know. Direct speculation about Nintendo's many (wonderful) announced games has been a positive force for me lately. It's a bummer that the excitement has dried up...

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the end of TSA:NMH...

When do we expect "it"?
I have a feeling it's had to have been in the plans for a while now. Given the company's situation it's extremely bold of them to basically say upfront that it's happening. It never made much sense to me regardless that the franchise's future was riding on a $30 spinoff (or that Nintendo dragged Suda on stage just for such a project), and with the update to GhM's site, Nintendo was likely ready to foot the bill to begin with. TSA was clearly a vanity project (though not necessarily in the worst sense) in preparation for something bigger and Suda's done a pretty good job obfuscating that much.

Though really as for when it's probably gonna depend on what studio they have lined up. Grasshopper are clearly in no shape to put out a big budget No More Heroes game on their own for the time being, and Suda's basically admitted as much, so some outside studio would have to help. My absolute dream scenario would be PlatinumGames (perhaps as one of the rumored Nintendo projects they're working on) but then we're looking at least at a two year wait given how much they have on their plate already. Late 2020 or Early 2021 is my bet.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NMH was never a large budget game in the first place. though I can see NMH3 being one of the largest budgeted games Grasshopper has done by virtue of Nintendo helping. it's the kind of game Nintendo would invest in: long standing appeal to nintendo gamers, genre not commonly touched on by nintendo, and in an age bracket that nintendo doesn't serve.

still think it's too soon to say if it will happen. I doubt TSA will determine it though

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I bet the next general direct is one of

February 7th February 14th February 21 February 28

March 7th march 14th march 21st march 28th

April 4th april 11th april 18th. April 25th

May 2nd may 9th may 16th may 23rd. May 30th

Or e3 at the latest

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I bet the next general direct is one of

February 7th February 14th February 21 February 28

March 7th march 14th march 21st march 28th

April 4th april 11th april 18th. April 25th

May 2nd may 9th may 16th may 23rd. May 30th

Or e3 at the latest
We'll probably have two general Directs within this timeframe lol. You guys are insane if you think we'll be waiting until March.

Jubenhimer

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
At this point I wouldn't doubt anything from Nintendo. They go at their own beat, not giving a fuck about insiders and leaks.

I say they wouldn't because they have almost nothing dated or revealed beyond January aside from Yoshi, and even Yoshi we still don't know a ton about. Late this month or early Feburary is the time for when they should start going into more detail on their 2019 lineup.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
I say they wouldn't because they have almost nothing dated or revealed beyond January aside from Yoshi, and even Yoshi we still don't know a ton about. Late this month or early Feburary is the time for when they should start going into more detail on their 2019 lineup.

isnt yoshi release date late March? Wouldn't make sense for a direct now or even next month. Early March seems like the most plausible since it's when things should start ramping up for the year.

Jubenhimer

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
isnt yoshi release date late March? Wouldn't make sense for a direct now or even next month. Early March seems like the most plausible since it's when things should start ramping up for the year.

I'd say February is much more likely since that's practically an empty month so far. If there's no release next month, then Nintendo will need to talk about what's coming afterward.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I'd say February is much more likely since that's practically an empty month so far. If there's no release next month, then Nintendo will need to talk about what's coming afterward.
I think you're right on the money (if they don't sneak in a Direct at the end of this month). Early February is the perfect time for a Direct now: they need to drop Piranha Plant's release date (probably an "Available Now" situation if it is in February), detail the SNES NSO games (which will likely launch in February) and reveal titles for the next few months (maybe even a port that slots into late February/early March).

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
I think you're right on the money (if they don't sneak in a Direct at the end of this month). Early February is the perfect time for a Direct now: they need to drop Piranha Plant's release date (probably an "Available Now" situation if it is in February), detail the SNES NSO games (which will likely launch in February) and reveal titles for the next few months (maybe even a port that slots into late February/early March).

Sounds like that time they "needed" to date yoshi, name the January NES games and whatever else they announced on twitter lmao

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
NMH was never a large budget game in the first place. though I can see NMH3 being one of the largest budgeted games Grasshopper has done by virtue of Nintendo helping. it's the kind of game Nintendo would invest in: long standing appeal to nintendo gamers, genre not commonly touched on by nintendo, and in an age bracket that nintendo doesn't serve.

still think it's too soon to say if it will happen. I doubt TSA will determine it though
There's a 99% chance that NMH3 is happening and being published by Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.