• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the trilogy is coming this year. They'll probably start saving it for the moment they give the release year for Prime 4, like, "Prime 4 is a 2021 title so have the trilogy in 2020 to tide you over"

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why did GameXplain pull their Metroid Prime 4 discussion video down? They put one up earlier on YouTube discussing this latest news and I was going to watch it later. But now it's disappeared off of YouTube.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
As a sidenote to all this madness revolving Metroid.

I think it's safe to say Smash won't get additional fighter packages. They just said this in their newest Nintendo newsletter.

Considering that this pass will be distributed all the way up to 2020 it'll be really weird if they then announce a new year and a half pass.
g4F7UfW.png

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Why did GameXplain pull their Metroid Prime 4 discussion video down? They put one up earlier on YouTube discussing this latest news and I was going to watch it later. But now it's disappeared off of YouTube.

How odd. Maybe they're redoing it? Andre, Ash and Steve were not there in the original vid.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

I think it's safe to say Smash won't get additional fighter packages. They just said this in their newest Nintendo newsletter.

Considering that this pass will be distributed all the way up to 2020 it'll be really weird if they then announce a new year and a half pass.
g4F7UfW.png
I am pretty confident that we'll get another season. They are just focused on the current one right now.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm sticking with the 'February Direct' prediction. Call me pessimistic but I personally like to go with the later date when it comes to Directs.

I think that the conspiracy theory of "Nintendo is hiding games from us because it hates us" is beginning to be born when in truth they are very limited cases for commercial reasons.

Yeah, I was worried that it would start happening after that last thread. The thinking that Nintendo just has a bag of finished games that they can sprinkle into any dry gaps with no consequences or prior planning is gonna be a real talking point now.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I am pretty confident that we'll get another season. They are just focused on the current one right now.
I'm pretty confident we won't. That's just how Nintendo works. They don't keep working forever on a game. Just like they stopped developing content for Splatoon 2 even though it's still incredibly popular, they will stop developing Smash content in early 2020.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Hope the trilogy hinted by King Zell is another trilogy, not MPT. Would love a Pikmin trilogy before 4 for instance. Or a Mother trilogy.

Plum

May 31, 2018
My quite far-out prediction for how Smash Bros updates will go:
The final update sometime in March/April 2020 will add in a mode (not a character) where you can play as Master Hand with other players trying to defeat you. Literally everything is already there from World of Light (though they'd have to make some tweaks for balance) but due to its nature as a surprise I don't think they'd want to spoil people until Smash Ultimate is officially 'over'.
I think we'll also get one or two new 'stadium' modes in free updates; home run content is the most likely one here.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope the trilogy hinted by King Zell is another trilogy, not MPT. Would love a Pikmin trilogy before 4 for instance. Or a Mother trilogy.
Idk if I see either of these happening tbh. Nintendo will probably want to sell Pikmin 3 for $60 and I'm still not sure about the controversial elements of Mother 3 will hold Nintendo back.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I really hope they'll release Dragalia Lost in the EU directly after the Direct. I've been looking forward to playing it and I dont want to wait anymore.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Oh, right. I remember that first post, guess I bailed out of the thread shortly after. Thanks a bunch.

So when would be the best time to release this? As I see it, Q4 of 2019 might be too crowded for Zelda if Luigi's Mansion, Pokémon and Animal Crossing end up releasing around that time.
I think its going to he a December release, akin to Xenoblade 2 and Smash. AC ain'5 launching in the same quarter as Pokemon, its likely going to be a summer 2019 title. I've aalready made this list, hut considering 2D Zelda now:
February-Nothing
March-Yoshi
April-Marvel and a Wii U Port
May-Animal Crossing
June-MPT and something else
July-Fire Emblem
August-Honestly no idea
September-Revision and Luigi's Mansion 3
Octomber-Again No idea
November-Pokemon
December-2D Zelda

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I'm pretty confident we won't. That's just how Nintendo works. They don't keep working forever on a game. Just like they stopped developing content for Splatoon 2 even though it's still incredibly popular, they will stop developing Smash content in early 2020.

They stopped because they may be thinking that it'll be more profitable to release a third iteration when the switch pro drops rather than bringing new content to a game that's already huge. Splatoon 2 still sells ok, but new content isn't going to attract many new players at this point even in Japan which is Splatoon Land. The octoexpansion didn't sell more of the base game. Any new idea they have is probably better to be kept for a new game.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

g4F7UfW.png

I'm not sure that really shows evidence one way or the other. For all we know they're not even sure if they'll do more. Joker was shown so early I think the interview implied he didn't even have a model ready yet.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Expecting a Direct on a Wednesday is usually not the smartest idea but current circumstances makes me agree.
The only other time they issued an apology was for Breath of the Wild in March of 2015, and then the next Thursday a direct happen. Nintendo might not follow patterns, but it feels like the same situation where they want to apologise about the lack of news for it before they have a no show in the direct.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Have we really descended THIS far into the depths of madness?

No. There is no Wednesday Direct.
Gonna quote myself here:
The only other time they issued an apology was for Breath of the Wild in March of 2015, and then the next Thursday a direct happen. Nintendo might not follow patterns, but it feels like the same situation where they want to apologise about the lack of news for it before they have a no show in the direct.
Its not madness at all.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
It's very interesting. If the target could have been also 2019, but in any case 2020 in worst case, it means that development got quite advanced and Nintendo also spent a lot of resources on it. The choice to reboot the project should have been also harder. It's anyway another sign that Nintendo wants Prime 4 to be a really great game, a game which they will publish as the most important one in the year in which it will be released.
I'm still curious about when something more detailed will be known about the cancelled project (e.g. problems of gameplay, etc.)

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I thought we all figured the Trilogy and 2D games that Zell hinted at were Metroid and Zelda respectively.

Maybe I'm just thinking he confirmed a while ago and not just now.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Just got a switch and breath of the wild - what a great game and system!

Any brave soul in here collected all of the kurok seeds or gotten close?

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
So... Theory is that Direct was planned for January and Metroid Prime Trilogy to be announced at TGA (with MP4 2020 tease?), but MP4's change delayed the Direct to February as well as Metroid Trilogy. Question is...

Will the Trilogy be out for this year? Or Will they keep it until MP4 launch is closer?
Will we have the traditional March Direct? I see right now a huge February Direct, a March game-dedicated Direct and a Pokémon Direct in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.