• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
So, what's the consensus on Kid Icarus being in development? I kinda hope that Sakurai will do something like Kid Icarus: Uprising on the Switch. Hell, I would even be satisfied with a remake/remaster of that game for Switch.
Sakurai is busy with Smash and he said wasn't interested in a sequel or port, and I doubt anyone at Nintendo is interested in making it either.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, what's the consensus on Kid Icarus being in development? I kinda hope that Sakurai will do something like Kid Icarus: Uprising on the Switch. Hell, I would even be satisfied with a remake/remaster of that game for Switch.
If it's in development it won't be from Sakurai. He doesn't want to do it

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On Liam's podcast he said what he's hearing on any new Wii U ports coming doesn't sound like what he's wanted. He also hasn't heard The Wonderful 101 is coming. He said that doesn't mean it's not coming, but he hasn't heard its coming.

It makes sense. I started to think it's not coming as much as Kamiya may want it Nintendo might not. The 2013 Emily Wii U port is Pikmin 3 in my eyes.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
The 2013 Wii U port is obviously Dr. Luigi. They gotta promote Dr. Mario World somehow.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would take a Kid Icarus remaster in a heartbeat but it would probably need so much work done that it's not worth it for them. And I imagine Sakurai would want to be heavily involved as well.

It's a shame though, one of the best Nintendo games ever.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.strawpoll.me/17383198

Which of these Gamecube games would you like Nintendo to remaster on the Switch? (Pick two)

Games that are heavily rumored to getting a remaster (Metroid Prime) and games that were already remastered (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess) or ported to another system (Pikmin 1+2) were left off the list
Made sure I got the TTYD vote in there. Also picked Eternal Darkness since it'll never come anyways.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg

I'd love this but I don't see it happening. Maybe a remake but it would need a bunch of work since the controls would need to change entirely. But a brand new kid Icarus game for Switch is as likely as a new punch out game for switch.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I would take a Kid Icarus remaster in a heartbeat but it would probably need so much work done that it's not worth it for them. And I imagine Sakurai would want to be heavily involved as well.

I would take a Kid Icarus Uprising remaster over any other possible remaster Nintendo could make (even Prime Trilogy). It's a shame that it definitely won't happen (Sakurai said it would be too much work in an interview).

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Which of these Gamecube games would you like Nintendo to remaster on the Switch? (Pick two)

Games that are heavily rumored to getting a remaster (Metroid Prime) and games that were already remastered (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess) or ported to another system (Pikmin 1+2) were left off the list

I would kill everyone and their mother in this thread* for a Thousand Year Door rerelease.

*In a friendly game of Smash Bros.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Do Nintendo announce eShop downloads for the week anymore? Curious to see what they are putting on sale this week. Got two four hour bus journeys this weekend and i don't think playing Kingdom Battle the whole time is a good idea so want something new.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Still got about eighteen more years til the next Kid Icarus. :P

On Liam's podcast he said what he's hearing on any new Wii U ports coming doesn't sound like what he's wanted. He also hasn't heard The Wonderful 101 is coming. He said that doesn't mean it's not coming, but he hasn't heard its coming.

It makes sense. I started to think it's not coming as much as Kamiya may want it Nintendo might not. The 2013 Emily Wii U port is Pikmin 3 in my eyes.
That thing bombed so horribly it's surprising there as many people thinking it'd happen as there seem to be.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
I imagine this is pretty region based though. I imagine in Japan the use will be much higher: the app is apparently quite popular there.

You see, this 'worries' me. (I am not actually worried or obsessed or mentally ill, I'm just posting whilst I'm bored like everyone else here).

I feel Nintendo is so heavily Japan orientated that they can't see that things that work in that region, don't work everywhere. I really feel that a little more thought about the rest of the world, or a little more effort to include NoE and NoA in discussions more could help them provide services, particularly Internet ones, that align more with the expectations of the audiences in those countries.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

The only reason I didn't vote for Eternal Darkness is because I want a sequel, not a remaster.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Considering that the next "big" Switch game is Yoshi in March, 30.
What are you guys getting from now until its release?

I'm starting Tales now, less than 5hs in. But mI'm planning on getting another RPG after that, but I'm torn between Torna and Ys VIII.
Also I was thinking about getting 2 or 3 short indies, but have no idea what to get.

What about you guys?

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I'm starting Tales now, less than 5hs in. But mI'm planning on getting another RPG after that, but I'm torn between Torna and Ys VIII.
Also I was thinking about getting 2 or 3 short indies, but have no idea what to get.

What about you guys?
I already beat Tales and No More Heroes, so the next two months are a bunch of indie games I guess. I got Wargroove and Pool Panic recently. I'm really hoping that commercial with FF7 means it's coming in the next couple weeks because replaying that will carry me a long way.

P.S. I'd get Ys VIII over Torna because it will last you much longer. It's a great game.

Oct 27, 2017
United States

What about you guys?

The only announced games I plan on picking up for the year are Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3. Yoshi has a very intriguing art style, but I fear the game will play similarly to Kirby Star Allies and lack any notable difficulty.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018

What about you guys?
I'm absolutely LOVING WarGroove. It's got a few issues but it's really nice. So that at the moment.

I'm also going back to BoTW and Mario x Rabbids. I've also barely put time into Undertale and Hollow Knight. They deserve more of a chance to click.

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019

What about you guys?
I'm just about to finish the main quest from BOTW this week or the next. I'm actually thinking about focusing on smash

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

What about you guys?

I want to work on my backlog for the next few months so I probably won't get anything until Final Fantasy XII in April. There are some games that interest me (Trials Rising, RICO, Unruly Heroes etc.) but I won't finish anything this way.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think we're seeing a remaster or a sequel, at least with Sakurai directing. It seems that the team that produced the game went through development hell and Sakurai isn't interested on reliving that.

PCK

Oct 26, 2018

What about you guys?
Probably nothing, honestly. I made my 52/52 list last week and already found 36 games that I own and I want to finish this year. I think these might be the only quiet months for Nintendo, going by the comments during the investors meeting, so I better get a heads start.
Sadly I have a hand injury, so more than 1 hour of gaming at a time won't be possible for a while.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo

What about you guys?

Same as 2018: indie games. I bought Wargroove, The Way rematsered (it was 1 euros...) and Rain World (on sales as well, 11 euros I think).
So far I'm into Wargroove, which is ok yet overrated in my opinion and does not let me kill dogs (no problems for humans though). I think I'll finish the story mode and that's it.
Ape Out is releasing on the 28 and that kind of game is totally my jam, so I'll be there day 1. Shakedown Hawaii was supposed to release Q1 2019, and if it does, I'll totally get that. The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa could also release in the upcoming weeks no? I haven't checked but if it does, I'll buy it instantly.
I may also buy other indie games like The Observer, and others depending on what's on sale. My wishlist has 20 games but none of them justify a full price purchase.
I won't buy Yoshi, that's for sure. I may buy Mario Party if I can fix my right joycon to play with my girlfriend. I haven't bought a Nintendo game since the Octo-expansion...

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

What about you guys?
I am working through my backlog.

I am currently playing Tales (10h in) and Wargroove (5-10 hours in) that I want to finish since I am enjoying them.

I also want to play again at Smash and 100% complete WoL (91% right now). I play NSMBU and Overcooked 2 with my gf so this is an goal too.

Basically I want to finish all of these by the end of March since April starts strong with 3 long JRPGs (FF). I am also expecting FF7 to drop at some point in February so I'll have to play it too :p

Tebak

Jan 26, 2019
Can we expect a direct today? I saw leakers mentioning the direct likely happening today or soon after but nobody seems to be talking about it now

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Can we expect a direct today? I saw leakers mentioning the direct likely happening today or soon after but nobody seems to be talking about it now

Unlikely brah. If Nintendo kinda gave up on Q1 2019, which is what I assume (the failed at their hardware goal and smashed their software goal; nothing gonna change that), I believe that they will wait early or mid-March to have a nice direct that will give them momentum for April onward. At least, I hope that they have enough games in the bag to have a nice direct at that time.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think we're seeing a remaster or a sequel, at least with Sakurai directing. It seems that the team that produced the game went through development hell and Sakurai isn't interested on reliving that.

Yeah, Project Sora was disbanded anyway and many of the people are at different companies now. I guess it was always meant to be a one off thing.

PCK

Oct 26, 2018
There was no announcement, so unless it's a mini, which seems unlikely, there won't be a direct today. If you want to speculate about the upcoming direct, I suggest going to the Nintendo community thread in Hangouts.

dan2501

Feb 6, 2019

What about you guys?

I only picked up my Switch at Christmas so have a pretty big backlog of games to plough through before Yoshi comes out so trying not to buy anything else. I'm mainly working through BOTW right now, I've taken on 1 Divine Beast so far and absolutely loving it. I've then got:

- Mario Odyssey: 350 Moons in, still slowly ploughing through trying to get to 500 and the Darker Side of the Moon
- Golf Story: Quite a few hours in, about to travel to the 3rd course
- DK: Tropical Freeze: Only just started this, going to be a while before I can start putting time into it but really enjoying so far

As well as Smash Bros Ultimate to work through, but that's more pick up and play in short bursts than requiring time to put into progressing a campaign. So yeah, quite a bit to work through before Yoshi comes out, but can't complain, 4 fantastic games to enjoy before Yoshi!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only picked up my Switch at Christmas so have a pretty big backlog of games to plough through before Yoshi comes out so trying not to buy anything else. I'm mainly working through BOTW right now, I've taken on 1 Divine Beast so far and absolutely loving it. I've then got:

- Mario Odyssey: 350 Moons in, still slowly ploughing through trying to get to 500 and the Darker Side of the Moon
- Golf Story: Quite a few hours in, about to travel to the 3rd course
- DK: Tropical Freeze: Only just started this, going to be a while before I can start putting time into it but really enjoying so far

As well as Smash Bros Ultimate to work through, but that's more pick up and play in short bursts than requiring time to put into progressing a campaign. So yeah, quite a bit to work through before Yoshi comes out, but can't complain, 4 fantastic games to enjoy before Yoshi!
And that's just a handful of the many great games. Mario + Rabbids is a great game.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France

What about you guys?
I'm casually playing Splatoon 2, some Smash Ultimate and finishing Let's Go (which is good but a bit boring)
A friend offered me Monster Boy which is great but pretty hard (I suck at it unfortunately.). I recommand it fondly, thats a really fun and polished game.

I could do with more first party offerings (that's the main point for me to get a Nintendo system) since I barely play and I'm in the mood for it.
I have a strange relationship with indies since I didn't like most of the indies I got (Golf Story, Shovel Knight, Cave story...none of them clicked with me, especially GS which I hated)

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

What about you guys?
Once I finish Tales of Vesperia (35 hours in so far), I will move on to Wargroove (which should keep me busy for anywhere between 20-50 hours I think). Then, I'm contemplating getting either Civ 6 or Diablo 3, since I missed them last year but I am interested in them. By that time, April will have rolled around (or at least it will be close), and then I have plenty to choose between Dragon's Dogma, FFXII and FFX/X-2. I hope that FE will also release by May at the latest. June will then have Crash Team Racing for me.

Tales of Vesperia should take you 50 hours or so (probably more), so there's plenty of time before you're done with that. After that, I can recommend both Torna and YS VIII: both have good stories, great gameplay. I'd give Torna the edge when it comes to characters by a decent margin: YS' characters are not very interesting imo.

Not sure if you've played it yet, but Snake Pass is a really fun and unique 3D platformer that is well worth its price imo. It should take about 10 hours to finish, or faster if you don't want to collect most of the collectibles.

dan2501

Feb 6, 2019
And that's just a handful of the many great games. Mario + Rabbids is a great game.

I know, but I've got to stop buying games. I've not only got a backlog of games I already own (which also includes Hollow Knight and Splatoon 2 that I forgot to mention before) but I've also got a backlog list of games I've not bought yet that I want. On that list I've already got Fractured but Whole, Sonic Mania, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, YS VIII, Celeste and Trials Rising which comes out this month. Too many games, not enough time, but man I love this system.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I know, but I've got to stop buying games. I've not only got a backlog of games I already own (which also includes Hollow Knight and Splatoon 2 that I forgot to mention before) but I've also got a backlog list of games I've not bought yet that I want. On that list I've already got Fractured but Whole, Sonic Mania, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, YS VIII, Celeste and Trials Rising which comes out this month. Too many games, not enough time, but man I love this system.
Nice goading, dude, what with everyone starving for content over here!

j/k of course, but yeah, Switch' library has a great number of great titles well worth playing. Not to belabour the point, but if you are a fan of Fire Emblem or Xcom, I predict that you will love Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle a ton. It's a great game in the genre, and has a typical Nintendo charm despite having been made by Ubisoft.

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018

What about you guys?

I thought you were done with the thread? :p

Its not short but have you played Hollow Knight?

Hyper Light Drifter is also really good. Hollow Knight is one of my favorite games of all time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.