• The site will be down for scheduled maintenance this Friday the 24th at 2AM PST / 5AM EST / 9AM UTC while we perform a software update. We expect this process to take up to 5 hours. Thank you for your understanding and patience. New features will be included.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Nintendo-First Party Thread |OT2| New Year. New Mii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there is a chance that Sakamoto could works on new IP?
I think 2D Metroid and Rhythm Tengoku will be straightforward sequels. Tomodachi has a good shot of being reinvented again to continue differentiating itself from AC, and building on its unique features.

It's surprising that Tanabe took over WarioWare.

Jan 6, 2019

Another Retro Studios job listing. This one was opened July last year, so it doesn't say anything about whether Retro is done with the last game they were working on or not.

Jan 11, 2018
I think 2D Metroid and Rhythm Tengoku will be straightforward sequels. Tomodachi has a good shot of being reinvented again to continue differentiating itself from AC, and building on its unique features.

It's surprising that Tanabe took over WarioWare.
I hope they go with Sakamoto's original idea for Other M with a camera like Pandemonium!. Team Ninja put their foot down in accordance with interviews and insisted on a fully 3D game, though there were still elements of it.

Jan 30, 2018
So Liam answered my question on his podcast and he said that the Switch Online system that he said “was more rumor-ey” was not Game Boy Online

He also said that there will be some “huge news regarding their relationship with Microsoft” coming out in the next six months

And that there a ton of unannounced games coming in 2019 that we don’t know about yet

Liam also said that heard about a Direct coming this week, and that he heard of a few games in the Direct but he doesn’t say what they are.

Jan 6, 2019
So Liam answered my question on his podcast and he said that the Switch Online system that he said “was more rumor-ey” was not Game Boy Online

He also said that there will be some “huge news regarding their relationship with Microsoft” coming out in the next six months

And that there a ton of unannounced games coming in 2019 that we don’t know about yet

Liam also said that heard about a Direct coming this week, and that he heard of a few games in the Direct but he doesn’t say what they are.
Interesting. My money's on xCloud for the huge Microsoft X Nintendo news.

Oct 26, 2017
A new Tomodachi Life game would be amazing but also seems incongruous with NIntendo's approach to Miis with the Switch. Miis are barely incorporated into the system or it's games. 1,2 Switch could easily have had Miis plastered all over it but Nintendo chose not to. Even making new Miis has become more cumbersome on the Switch compared to WiiU and 3ds with no cameras built into the system. I'd love a grand return of Miis with a new Tomodachi Life but I don't see it happening.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
A new Tomodachi Life game would be amazing but also seems incongruous with NIntendo's approach to Miis with the Switch. Miis are barely incorporated into the system or it's games. 1,2 Switch could easily have had Miis plastered all over it but Nintendo chose not to. Even making new Miis has become more cumbersome on the Switch compared to WiiU and 3ds with no cameras built into the system. I'd love a grand return of Miis with a new Tomodachi Life but I don't see it happening.
integrate the Mii tech they already have from the Miitomo app into Nintendo Switch Online's app and there you go.

Oct 26, 2017
integrate the Mii tech they already have from the Miitomo app into Nintendo Switch Online's app and there you go.
Of course it is possible, but nothing from Switch era Nintendo indicates that they are interested in Miis as mascots and avatars as they were during the Wii/3ds/WiiU era.

Dec 4, 2017
If I remember correctly, both Pikmin and 2D Mario were done by the same team (EAD 4) who are now EPD 10. Are they big enough to be making Mario Maker 2, Pikmin 3 port and Pikmin 4 at the same time?

Nov 15, 2018
If I remember correctly, both Pikmin and 2D Mario were done by the same team (EAD 4) who are now EPD 10. Are they big enough to be making Mario Maker 2, Pikmin 3 port and Pikmin 4 at the same time?
They released NSMB2 and NSMBU in 2012, New Super Luigi U and Pikmin 3 in 2013 and then Super Mario Maker in 2015.

Mar 18, 2018
EPD teams are producers, directors, and project leads for particular series. The bulk of developers shift between projects as needed. So, potentially they are big enough.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Is the new Platinum game party? The direct was amazing, but damn that Platinum game looks sweet AF. I may get ahead of myself, but from what we saw, I feel that it could be a game changer like dark souls was. I am very very excited to play it.

Jul 14, 2018
It's kind of depressing how back loaded the games are yet again this year. You'd think with the dropped off sales from last year, they would have learned not to have a barren first half.

Oct 25, 2017
March: Yoshi
April: Smash Bros Update 3.0*
May: -
June: Mario Maker 2
July: Fire Emblem
August: Astral Chain
September: -
October: -
November: -
December: -

Not Dated: Pokémon, Luigi’s Mansion, Animal Crossing, Link’s Awakening

*Announced as “by end of April”

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
April:
May:
September:
October:
November:
December:

Not Dated: Pokémon, Luigi’s Mansion, Animal Crossing, Link’s Awakening, Smash Bros Update 3.0
Fwiw they said Joker will be touching down before the end of April.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
There's now a real possibility that Starfox GP was just a big misunderstanding!! I'm so fucking happy, I had given hope that it would be fake!! Those who mocked people for saying that it may have been Starlink all along must feel quite stupid right now, but it's fine, the world now spins at the right velocity.

Nov 2, 2017
April: -
September: -
October: -
November: -
December: -

Not Dated: Pokémon, Luigi’s Mansion, Animal Crossing, Link’s Awakening, Smash Bros Update 3.0
Thank you for the update. Mario Maker should carry Q1 by itself, although it wouldn't discard Nintendo announcing a WiiU Port or eshop game to fill in May.

I find it funny how Nintendo is essentially announcing and releasing completely new games in a 6 months time frame with Mario Maker 2 and Astral Chain.

Oct 27, 2017
So.. after the direct 2nd half of 2019 looks great but...

No Nintendo retail first party releases in feb, mar, april or may except for Yoshi (not counting dlc)??? Not even a wiiuport or remake?

Oct 28, 2017
So.. after the direct 2nd half of 2019 looks great but...

No Nintendo retail first party releases in feb, mar, april or may except for Yoshi (not counting dlc)??? Not even a wiiuport or remake?
what? New yoshi game is march what do you mean not counting dlc??

Feburary got Tetris 99 :P

APril is here the 3rd party ports are at ...and may..yeah idk but after that its smooth sailing

Jan 7, 2018
Tokyo
April: Smash Bros Update 3.0*
September: Animal Crossing
October: Luigi’s Mansion
November: Pokémon
December: Link’s Awakening

May 30, 2018
Hey Ehoavash dont wanna put pressure on you, today Direct was damn hot we got a lot of new tasty things and we got Platinum(what a sexy trailer btw)...but is this the Kamiyas title you've been refering to or...?

Oct 25, 2017
So the big upcoming Nintendo games that we know of this year are:

Yoshi
Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem 3H
Astral Chain
Marvel UA3
LM3
Pokemon 8
Zelda Link's Awakening

And TBC but heavily rumored for this year are

Pikmin 3
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Mayyybe Star Fox GP?

Am I missing anything?
Are we expecting anything else?

I feel like a big cornerstone game ala Smash is missing. If nothing else, I hope Pokemon turns out to be it. Pokemon is huge, I know, but feels like a B tier title these days in terms of size/budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.