• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Some interesting announcements. FE is co-developed as expected.

LABO 4 is probably April. This year is going to be packed from June.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing and Pokemon are out this fall. Those are juggernauts, top tier Nintendo franchises on the scale of Mario, Zelda, Smash, etc.

Sales wise yes, but do you really feel Pokemon has the production values of a Mario Odyssey or BOTW? I never played AC, so I can't comment on that.

Deleted member 41104

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Mar 15, 2018
Hey Nintendo Era, question for you :

I swear I read somewhere that you could buy HMDI cables that enhanced very slightly the IQ of Switch games. Am I being mad ?!

I'd be really interested in such a product, but I have a hard time believing such a thing. Help me !!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So now that Star Fox GP is looking... well, incorrect, the big question becomes what the hell has Retro been up to all these years?

The only sources we have which talk about their games said at least one project was Star Fox GP. So if Star Fox GP is fake then we can throw out all of those reports, even the one about their cancelled game.

So what the hell have they been doing all this time?

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It looks like Nintendo won't have a game for Feb (unless you count Tetris 99) and May unless maybe another eshop only title but all other months will be covered with some months having 2 or maybe even 3 releases.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
So now that Star Fox GP is looking... well, incorrect, the big question becomes what the hell has Retro been up to all these years?

The only sources we have which talk about their games said at least one project was Star Fox GP. So if Star Fox GP is fake then we can throw out all of those reports, even the one about their cancelled game.

Why is Star Fox fake? I think I missed somthing. It's been a crazy day lol

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

SelfishChillyEyas-small.gif

If Retro's "secret" game doesn't appear during this E3, I don't think it even exists anymore.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
I knew Fire Emblem was getting delayed again, and it's really hilarious that it comes right after their QA where Nintendo specifically mentions they won't have delays. At least it's only 2 months.

So is the first party lineup until E3 going to be Yoshi and Boxboy? Wow that is a bummer. At least summer is packed and hopefully we have Retro or another IP to look forward to in fall. I doubt they announced everything.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
They probably didn't show StarFox GP because of the Starlink DLC. Starlink is only ~€20 right now, so promoting free/cheap (was it paid DLC?) Starfox racing content alongside a €60 game of similar nature wouldn't be a smart move. If it's a (close to) finished game it'll probably show up at E3, especially since they don't have Metroid anymore they need a couple Nintendo evergreens to show up there to please the crowd.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Star Fox fake? I think I missed somthing. It's been a crazy day lol

Starlink is getting an update with more Star Fox characters and a new racing mode. That doesn't necessarily confirm the Star Fox GP rumors were fake but it would make no sense to me to have two separate games that both have Star Fox participating in races.

The racing segment of Starlink looks nothing like what the gameplay of starfox gp was described as.

Eh, it looks close enough. Plus someone could've seen the racing footage and the shooting gameplay separately and put together the two to assume it's the same game. And we really haven't seen that much racing footage, it's possible there are more flying and shooting segments too.

Where Retro came from would be my biggest question.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I'm almost disappointed that they didn't reveal any new 3DS games. Other than that, the Switch news seemed good to me. Sort of surprised they spent so little time on Smash.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Is the new Platinum game party? The direct was amazing, but damn that Platinum game looks sweet AF. I may get ahead of myself, but from what we saw, I feel that it could be a game changer like dark souls was. I am very very excited to play it.

Yeah, Nintendo's publishing it.

he's supervising this game, i dunno if he's gonna ever direct again who knows

I certainly hope he does. At least The Wonderful 101 is a pretty high note to go out on...

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Well... I guess we could get

January - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe / Fitness Boxing
February - Tetris 99
March - Yoshi's Crafted World
April - Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04 / Box Boy! + Box Girl!
May - Detective Pikachu (announced in the Pokémon Direct)
June - Super Mario Maker 2
July - Fire Emblem: Three Houses / Dragon Quest Builders 2
August - Astral Chain / Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
September - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening / DAEMON X MACHINA
October - Luigi's Mansion 3 / Pikmin 3 (announced at e3?)
November - Pokémon RPG / Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
December - Animal Crossing

And mayybe Metroid Prime Trilogy HD / Star Fox: Grand Prix? H2 is really really packed tho and MPT might be delayed, SFGP cancelled...
Didn't Emily's list also have a 4th mystery game at retail? I really don't know how they could release so much games!
We could even get Yokai Watch 4 published by Nintendo in the West...

Last edited:

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I still don't believe that rumor was incorrect. Too many credible people came forward, and even had a very specific name attached to it.

I think it either gets revealed at E3 or it was cancelled, and if it was cancelled.....wow. Retro just spun their wheels for 5+ years.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I still don't believe that rumor was incorrect. Too many credible people came forward, and even had a very specific name attached to it.

I think it either gets revealed at E3 or it was cancelled, and if it was cancelled.....wow. Retro just spun their wheels for 5+ years.
And Nintendo then gave them a huge game (MP4) that was just cancelled by another studio (Bandai Namco). I just can't believe that lol

nenned

Oct 27, 2017

So you think Nintendo allowed Ubisoft to make a Starfox racing mode in Starlink while Retro Studios was working on a Starfox racing game? Seems a bit redundant, doesn't it?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

If the rumor is real and the game is real... Why on earth would they have two completely different games from different developers and publishers both feature Star Fox characters participating in a racing game? I mean I definitely accept the possibility that this is real and just an amazing coincidence but even so why would these things be greenlit so close to each other?

I'm on team fake at the moment. You'll notice that even though so many people corroborated that rumor nobody felt confident enough to confirm it. Outlets like Eurogamer usually can confirm rumors if they have a good enough source, but nobody could confirm this. Even Emily IIRC recently said she still wasn't all that sure of the legitimacy of this rumor.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The other equally ridiculous option is that Retro did cancel Star Fox GP and decided to give all of the assets and design work and all that over to Ubisoft to put it to use in Starlink.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
If the rumor is real and the game is real... Why on earth would they have two completely different games from different developers and publishers both feature Star Fox characters participating in a racing game? I mean I definitely accept the possibility that this is real and just an amazing coincidence but even so why would these things be greenlit so close to each other?

I'm on team fake at the moment. You'll notice that even though so many people corroborated that rumor nobody felt confident enough to confirm it. Outlets like Eurogamer usually can confirm rumors if they have a good enough source, but nobody could confirm this. Even Emily IIRC recently said she still wasn't all that sure of the legitimacy of this rumor.

For Eurogamer, I still want to know the story of Pokemon Stars. They were certain it existed.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
From Emily's list

The "Most likely" Nintendo-published game announcements for 2019. (70% chance or higher)

1. Mystery game #1 -> Super Mario Maker 2
2. Mystery game #2 -> Astral Chain
3. Mystery game #3 -> The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
4. Mystery game #4 -> ?
5. eShop game #1 -> Tetris 99
6. Mystery Wii U port #1 (2013 title) -> Pikmin 3 ?
7. eShop game #2 -> Box Boy! + Box Girl!
8. eShop game #3 -> ?
9. New Labo Kit

The "Maybe" games for 2019. (The wild card titles – 50% chance or less)

10. Retro Studios secret game (this is assuming it wasn't canned)
11. Metroid Prime Trilogy (assuming Zell's info and Imran's info are correct)
12. Mystery Wii U port #2

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't given up on Starfox GP. Even if Starfox GP isn't real I can't imagine Retro not having some new game ready

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Posted in the rumor thread, but is there any kind of actual good proof to say it's better for prime 4 sales to sit on trilogy for 2 years?

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Logo's leaked as well. Of course anyone can make a logo in Photoshop, but I believe the logo's were leaked by the same person who leaked the info, and were later confirmed by other sources.
Oh yeah. Forgot all about that too.

So you think Nintendo allowed Ubisoft to make a Starfox racing mode in Starlink while Retro Studios was working on a Starfox racing game? Seems a bit redundant, doesn't it?
Slightly redundant, sure, but that might also explain Nintendo not announcing Grand Prix today.....

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Starlink is getting an update with more Star Fox characters and a new racing mode. That doesn't necessarily confirm the Star Fox GP rumors were fake but it would make no sense to me to have two separate games that both have Star Fox participating in races.
We're not sure if the Starlink racing segments is a new mode or just a mini-game of some sort. It barely got five seconds of screen time and could be anything at this point.
So you think Nintendo allowed Ubisoft to make a Starfox racing mode in Starlink while Retro Studios was working on a Starfox racing game?
Why not? Nintendo is not going to tell Ubisoft to kill something in their game to avoid stepping on something Nintendo is working on. Maybe Nintendo even sees it as "whetting the appetite" for StarFox to be a racer instead of a shooter.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't given up on Starfox GP. Even if Starfox GP isn't real I can't imagine Retro not having some new game ready

Yeah I'm now on team fake but I still really hope they have something else for E3. If Star Fox GP is fake then that rumor stating they had to cancel or shelve another project is also fake since that comes from the same source (IIRC).

So they could have been doing anything for the past 5 years. We're back to square one.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm now on team fake but I still really hope they have something else for E3. If Star Fox GP is fake then that rumor stating they had to cancel or shelve another project is also fake since that comes from the same source (IIRC).

So they could have been doing anything for the past 5 years. We're back to square one.
There's absolutely no way Nintendo gave the keys to retro for prime 4 and made that huge deal about it after them cancelling their own huge game.

Jan 3, 2018
E3 will be the last hope for Retro.

If they have a game almost finished, they've had many opportunities to show it. If starlink has been getting in the way of an announcement, this E3 should be all clear. If they show nothing, whatever they've been working on is not coming out.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the racing mode is even exclusive to the Switch version of Starlink. I think everyone gets that, it's just the Falco/Peppy/Slippy missions that are exclusive.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Tbh I really do like the idea of Starfox GP, but if it's fake and Retro has something else it wouldn't bother me. Whatever else they could have will probably appeal more to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.