• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about that; if Captain Toad managed to get DLC, I think Super Mario Party still has a chance. I would give it until E3 for the announcement personally.
Eh I don't know, was anyone really expecting Captain Toad DLC? I feel like everyone's been expecting Odyssey to get the Galaxy 2 treatment since before the game came out. I'm still expecting a sequel (it'd line up nice with the Mario movie next year) but they've been really unpredictable lately, I could see them going the other way with that. Same with Mario Party. At this point, and after the Toad announcement, I don't see that as impossible (whether it's free or not is a different story).

Damn that's a good point lol. I forgot Captain Toad has DLC now. So maybe there's a chance for Super Mario Party to get dlc. I'll probably give it until E3 too. I could see a September Direct announcement too.

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that's a good point lol. I forgot Captain Toad has DLC now. So maybe there's a chance for Super Mario Party to get dlc. I'll probably give it until E3 too. I could see a September Direct announcement too.

Yeah I do agree the ship has sailed for Odyssey since it's a primarily single player offline game but SMP is still relatively new. I'd even say they could still do a big DLC package/expansion for MK8D at this point considering how much that game has sold and will continue to sell, but Odyssey's ideas are going to be in a sequel and not DLC.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I predicted Splatoon 3, mk9, Zelda and Mario for 2020, along with a switch pro. That was back in April and while I think that some games may end up being pushed to 2021 to spread the goods (Mario 2 especially), I'm now very very confident that i was right.
The Splatoon spin-off cult isn't wrong though, I also worship it. Maybe even with a 2019 release.

We have some evidence of Zelda for 2020 and I would say 3 years should be enough time to develop a new 3D Mario if they use the existing Odyssey base. I also wonder if Yabuki and his team or the directors of Splatoon will attempt a new IP again, both were quite successful and seem to have loved working in those games.

What would be your bet if they go for a Splatoon Spin-Off? I'm personally split between RPG or some kind of rhythm game.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I do agree the ship has sailed for Odyssey since it's a primarily single player offline game but SMP is still relatively new. I'd even say they could still do a big DLC package/expansion for MK8D at this point considering how much that game has sold and will continue to sell, but Odyssey's ideas are going to be in a sequel and not DLC.
Yeah I don't see a purpose of bringing MK9 to Switch. They can focus on some dlc. That Mario Kart team I want to see do more things like ARMS. Work on other IP's or new IP's and some MK dlc.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
2P8p0C5.gif

Related to the Platinum purchase thread, as long as Platinum and Nintendo have a constant stream of game partnerships like Astral Chain, Bayonetta 3, & Wonderful 101, I'll be quite happy. They don't need to buy them. Maybe a Next Level Games like exclusive partnership, but I'll be more than happy with having a consistent flow of 1-2 games at a time. I loooove what they're doing showing with Astral Chain

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I predicted Splatoon 3, mk9, Zelda and Mario for 2020, along with a switch pro.

It's honestly not in Nintendo's interest to release all those games in one year. I know we got BotW, MK8D, Splatoon 2 and SMO all in 2017, but I think the circumstances there were very different — Nintendo needed the Switch to be a success and fast, and they already had multiple games that started development on Wii U that were pushed back for more appealing hardware.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A Mario Kart 8 dlc would be good for the beginning of 2020 since those are dead months. It's good spread out the "reasons" have Nintendo online. If someone sees MK8 dlc in the beginning of the year, then another online game they like get dlc a few months later then more dlc for another game at the end of the year, it'll make them decide to just get the year subscription.

Stuff like Tetris 99 is good. It's an exclusive for online members only. More of that is good. Just pace your exclusives and dlc and people will want a full year of the subscription.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Imran mentioned on the Kinda Funny Gamescast that Nintendo is reviving a game that was "thought to be dead," that was "very publicly cancelled." I honestly have no idea at what this could be, unless it's Project HAMMER back from the graveyard.

Last edited:

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Imran mentioned on the Kinda Funny Gamescast that Nintendo is reviving a game that was "thought to be dead," that was "very publicly cancelled." I honestly have no idea at what this could be, unless it's Project HAMMER back from the graveyard.
A crashmo/Pushmo game was cancelled.

Tho I don't think it's that one. But it is something IS mentioned.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sadness?? This is going to create some nice discussions now. Time to do some research!

A crashmo/Pushmo game was cancelled.

Tho I don't think it's that one. But it is something IS mentioned.
Yeah I highly doubt he's talkin about some eShop game...

boyifyoudont

Feb 10, 2018
Wonder if it's even a Nintendo IP / first party game. It doesn't mention if it's first or third party.
There aren't many games that Nintendo very publicly cancels.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Project HAMMER is definitely at the top of the list if it's Nintendo. I can't think of any other games Nintendo has canceled.

There's Retro Studios projects that were canceled, but that was forever ago like Raven Blade.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Project HAMMER is definitely at the top of the list if it's Nintendo. I can't think of any other games Nintendo has canceled.

There's Retro Studios projects that were canceled, but that was forever ago like Raven Blade.
After a bit of research, there just aren't that many options for publicly-cancelled Nintendo games, so Project HAMMER is at the top of the list. If it really has been revived, though, why? From Liam Robertson's reporting, the game was fundamentally unfun.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imran never stated if it's first party or third party. He just says Nintendo revived and it was officially dead. What would Nintendo revive that was third party and dead?

It can't be some garbage like Steep. It has to be something bigger or something like a Bayonetta 2 how Nintendo came in for that. What third party games were in a Bayonetta 2 state, but officially canceled

Idk Imran seemed kind of happy. He could've just been happy in general, but I wonder if he's happy nintendo revived what this game is.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scalebound is good if Nintendo and MS worked something out. What about Star Wars 1313. Is that something Nintendo could revive?

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Another important factor is that Imran thinks the revival is unexpected. (I'm unironically calling Scalebound for now since that's the most public video game cancellation in recent memory.)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Him saying something that's very much "officially canceled" really gives Scalebound the edge. That game everyone knows was canceled.

"A title that's dead and buried and no one would've expected". This is how I feel with Bayonetta 2. It's something way out of Nintendo's realm of work and I think this game Imran is hinting is the same league n

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man I forgot about Silent Hills from a few years ago. This EXACTLY fits the "Bayonetta 2" mold of something Nintendo would revive. It's a horror game and Nintendo doesn't do those. Plus it's a bigger IP.

Nintendo showed Konami how Bomberman could sell and I used to think this meant Nintendo could get more out of Konami.

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
Haven't a lot of insiders been saying the fruits of the Nintendo and Microsoft relationship would be revealed soon? Could totally be Scalebound revived for switch

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Maverick Hunter by Retro studios lol

Honestly, Nintendo doesn't officially cancel a ton of games. It's always internal and we find out super later on or some one finds out about it through research.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Haven't a lot of insiders been saying the fruits of the Nintendo and Microsoft relationship would be revealed soon? Could totally be Scalebound revived for switch
Yep. Liam Robertson jumped on the Microsoft X Nintendo train a week or so ago. Maybe a joint revival of Scalebound for Switch, XB1/next-gen Xbox, and PC will be announced at E3.
Oh man I forgot about Silent Hills from a few years ago. This EXACTLY fits the "Bayonetta 2" mold of something Nintendo would revive. It's a horror game and Nintendo doesn't do those. Plus it's a bigger IP.

Nintendo showed Konami how Bomberman could sell and I used to think this meant Nintendo could get more out of Konami.
That could fit as well, but Kojima is close to Sony, so I would expect SIE to be reviving Silent Hills, not Nintendo. Then again, Imran said the revival would be unexpected...

ChunkyChowder

Oct 25, 2017
Has a situation like Scalebound being rebooted by Nintendo ever happened before? MS owns all the rights to the game and the assets. Not to mention it ran like ass on Xbox so even if Nintendo somehow revived the project it would have to be seriously reworked. I can't imagine it being worth the effort when they can just fund another original Platinum ip like Astral Chain. It has to be Megaman Legends 3.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Nintendo is going to revive the Banjo Kazooie series with Banjo Threeie! Lol
They're going to revive the scrapped OG Xbox remake of the original Banjo-Kazooie.

Please. The original idea they had for it would've been cool
the characters would slowly realise they were in a remake of the original game, and would try to alter how the events of the game played out.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Scalebound is impossible due to Microsoft owning the franchise and all its assets made.

Ravenblade
Megaman Legends 3
Project HAMMER

Are the most probable revivals I can think of right now that aren't complete left field like "omg I could never have expected EA to work with Nintendo on an exclusive Star Wars 1313" (will never happen lol).

Star Wars 1313, Silent Hills, Scalebound
Ain't gonna happen
It's the Bandai Namco Metroid Prime 4

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry Ravenblade is a joke answer imo. Some near 20 year old game that didn't even look good I doubt imran would talk about. You're telling me all of a sudden he knows what Retro Studios is working on? We've had tons of discussions on how quiet they've been and Starfox is probably fake.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Sorry Ravenblade is a joke answer imo. Some near 20 year old game that didn't even look good I doubt imran would talk about. You're telling me all of a sudden he knows what Retro Studios is working on? We've had tons of discussions on how quiet they've been and Starfox is probably fake.
At this point, I'm just going to assume that Metroid Prime 4 is the only Retro Studios game in the pipeline until we hear otherwise from Nintendo.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're going to revive the scrapped OG Xbox remake of the original Banjo-Kazooie.

Please. The original idea they had for it would've been cool
the characters would slowly realise they were in a remake of the original game, and would try to alter how the events of the game played out.
I never heard of this wow.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo reviving something like Silent Hills or Scalebound would make the Bayonetta 2 reaction look reasonable in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.