• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
It was in a YouTube comment section. It's safe to say Nintendo's E3 this year will be very predictable considering the amount of games coming in the second half of this year, and when people think of a great a great E3 they want a lot of new game reveals and surprise.
I think we will have one surprise. But yeah, it will be very predictable when it comes to new games.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
it's finally time to bring back Kid Kirby
SvJd3Aa.jpg

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think we will have one surprise. But yeah, it will be very predictable when it comes to new games.
Oh yeah I agree we'll get two new game surprises. Some game for 2020 because Nintendo always reveals a game for the following year, but they have way too much to talk about for the 2nd half of 2019.

If you look at Emily's list she believes in a high chance for Labo, which will be before E3. That leaves 2013 Wii U Port, Mystery game #4 and eShop game. I can see the port and eShop game revealed before E3. The mystery game #4 could be the same as Imran's game or a separate game. I still think Retro has a game and E3 is the most ideal spot for them.

Also, since I believe we'll get a general direct or a Mini Direct before E3, that'll announce some of the games Emily has as I stated.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I have a feeling that Link's Awakening/WarioWare/VB Wario Land rumor was just a lucky guess, because a bunch of the details in it (even if you believe that LA and VBWL got delayed and ported to the Switch) are flat-out wrong. I doubt plans would ever change as much as that post would imply if it was at some point true.

VB Wario Land would be a title for the rumored Switch VR though.
Most of it is unverifiable at this stage to be honest.

The details about WarioWare are spot on though, except for amiibo-based microgames which may just have been confused for the painting feature or a dropped feature altogether (mercifully).

I guess we'll know depending on whether Wario Land materialises or not. If it's just guesswork, then it's incredibly lucky guesswork.

Switch VR Wario Land would be very interesting though...

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
I think we will get 1 more direct between now and E3. If anything, a pokemon direct.

Luigi's mansion and Animal crossing footage I can see them holding back until E3. Plus Imran's surprise game

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
It would be nice if we had list of bigger officially announced and officially cancelled games in last 10 years. :)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still hoping it's Star Wars 1313 and Nintendo with Disney, EA figured it out. To think the Switch could actually get the best Star Wars game of the generation is just hilarious to me.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
The cancelled game being revived is probably Kirby's Tilt n Tumble 2. It's a perfect fit for the Switch!

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Reviving Megaman Legends 3 would be pretty big.... Capcom had a big backlash when they cancelled it.
And it could be a big E3 announcement.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Yeah I could see E3 being relatively tame this year. Just like last year was a showcase of previously announced games plus some minor H2 announcements, this year they will have plenty to cover with how many big games are coming this fall and winter. If we do end up getting an announcement for a big 2020 release this year, I assume it will be in a fall Direct.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Reviving Megaman Legends 3 would be pretty big.... Capcom had a big backlash when they cancelled it.
And it could be a big E3 announcement.

Let's be honest, reviving MML3 would be huge news for core fans like us, but for expanded audience, not so much. I don't even expect it to reach MM11 sales on on Switch. MML pretty obscure title (Capcom didn't even bother releasing it on Wii/Wii U virtual console), if Nintendo to pay to revive a game, it would be something that could make even bigger impact.

My money is on Star Wars 1313, especially after Marvel UA3. Now that would be a true explosive E3 reveal.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
would getting Inafune back on board for a Legends 3 revival be considered a positive or a negative at this point

has the Inafune Brand fallen too far

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a new Mega Man Legends has a chance to expand the audience if they play their cards right. the nature of the game and its story lends itself to modern conventions like loot drops and shit. maybe even throw in a multiplayer mode for co-op dungeon crawling and live servicing a la Phantasy Star.

would getting Inafune back on board for a Legends 3 revival be considered a positive or a negative at this point

has the Inafune Brand fallen too far
the less Inafune the better

Mar 23, 2018
To me, publicly cancelled means a version of the game was at least shown to the public, too.

Mega Man Legends 3 seems like the most likely candidate

Or perhaps it's a Nintendo first party game, which makes more sense to me, at least; I don't see Nintendo approaching Konami or Microsoft about the Silent Hill franchise or Scalebound.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To me, publicly cancelled means a version of the game was at least shown to the public, too.

Or perhaps it's a Nintendo first party game, which makes more sense to me, at least; I don't see Nintendo approaching Konami or Microsoft about the Silent Hill franchise or Scalebound.

There's a reason nobody said your spoiler.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

But Labo 2 already came out.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Honestly they don't even need to go though Microsoft to "revive" Scalebound.

Just let Kamiya realize his open world dragon buddy Isekai ideas through a brand new IP.

You still get all the good optics through your obvious spiritual successor without going through another console manufacturer, who doesn't exactly benefit from this.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember the Wario Land VB rumor so I went looking for this. Here it is: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/76146238

I really hope the WLVB remake is true. Kinda fits the timeline of Nintendo reviving their handheld franchises at the moment. 3DS dropped harder and quicker than they expected, so I'm guessing WarioWare Gold was close enough finished to just push it out the door, while other projects were moved to Switch.

OH the rumor said Wario Land VB was Skip, not Good Feel! Don't know why I got them mixed up. Either way, hope its true. Wario Land VB is a great game that doesn't deserve to be stuck on the Virtual Boy!

ZaddyMattty

Dec 4, 2017
New York City
Honestly they don't even need to go though Microsoft to "revive" Scalebound.

Just let Kamiya realize his open world dragon buddy Isekai ideas through a brand new IP.

You still get all the good optics through your obvious spiritual successor without going through another console manufacturer, who doesn't exactly benefit from this.

They would need to go through Microscoft still. While the trademark is "dead" that doesn't mean another company can use it, I believe. However, given Microsoft and Nintendo's relationship I could see it happening.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe Nintendo is forcing my hand to buy Captain Toad again. I feel like I have to play the new dlc lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.