• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
At some point we should compile a master list of the games we already speculated on since a lot of this is going in circles by now across this and the rumor thread^^ (people still make the BioShock Vita joke every couple of pages)
  • Mega Man Legends 3 (Capcom; 3DS)
  • Scalebound (PlatinumGames; Xbox One)
  • Silent Hills (Konami; PS4)
  • Star Wars Rogue Squadron collection (Factor 5; Wii)
  • Cry On (Mistwalker; Xbox 360)
  • untitled Bioshock strategy game (Take-Two; Vita)
  • Starcraft Ghost (Blizzard; GameCube, Xbox, PS2)
  • Project H.A.M.M.E.R.* (NST; Wii)
  • Metroid Dread* (Nintendo; DS)
  • Timesplitters 4 (Free Radical Design; eighth-generation consoles)
  • Star Wars 1313 (Lucasarts; PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  • Donkey Kong Racing* (Rare; GameCube)
  • Baiten Kaitos 3 (Monolith Soft; unknown)
  • Sadness (Nibris; Wii)
  • Mega Man Universe (Capcom; Xbox 360, PS3)
  • Chrono Break (Square Enix; unknown)
  • Prey 2 (Human Head Studios; Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
  • Shadow of the Eternals (Precursor Games; Wii U)
  • untitled Crashmo sequel* (Intelligent Systems; Wii U)
  • Know Your Friends (Ubisoft; Wii U)
  • ZombiU 2 (Ubisoft; Wii U)
  • Raven Blade (Retro Studios; GameCube)
  • Dead Phoenix (Capcom; GameCube)
  • NFL Retro Football (Retro Studios; GameCube)
  • Thunder Rally (Retro Studios; GameCube)
  • Maverick Hunter (Armature Studio; Wii)
  • Earthbound 64 (Intelligent Systems; Nintendo 64)
  • Agent (Rockstar Games; PS3)
*developed by Nintendo

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
  • Mega Man Legends 3 (Capcom; 3DS)
  • Scalebound (PlatinumGames; Xbox One)
  • Silent Hills (Konami; PS4)
  • Star Wars Rogue Squadron collection (Factor 5; Wii)
  • Cry On (Mistwalker; Xbox 360)
  • untitled Bioshock strategy game (Take-Two; Vita)
  • Starcraft Ghost (Blizzard; GameCube, Xbox, PS2)
  • Project H.A.M.M.E.R.* (NST; Wii)
  • Metroid Dread* (Nintendo; DS)
  • Timesplitters 4 (Free Radical Design; eighth-generation consoles)
  • Star Wars 1313 (Lucasarts; PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  • Donkey Kong Racing* (Rare; GameCube)
  • Baiten Kaitos 3 (Monolith Soft; unknown)
  • Sadness (Nibris; Wii)
  • Mega Man Universe (Capcom; Xbox 360, PS3)
  • Chrono Break (Square Enix; unknown)
  • Prey 2 (Bethesda Softworks; Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
  • Shadow of the Eternals (Precursor Games; Wii U)
  • untitled Crashmo sequel* (Intelligent Systems; Wii U)
*developed by Nintendo
oh you actually did it! might wanna add Human Head to Prey 2 as the dev of that (kinda key to the whole thing) and when was Bioshock Vita labeled as a strategy game?

also might want to add stuff like Know Your Friends (Ubisoft, Wii U), ZombiU2 (Ubisoft, Wii U), Raven Blade (Retro Studios, GCN), Dead Pheonix (Capcom, GCN), Retro Football (Retro Studios, GCN), Mega Man FPS: Maverick Hunter (Armature, PS3/360), and Earthbound 64 (IntSys, N64) for good measure. All stuff that has been name-dropped as part of this speculation round.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
oh you actually did it! might wanna add Human Head to Prey 2 as the dev of that (kinda key to the whole thing) and when was Bioshock Vita labeled as a strategy game?

also might want to add stuff like Know Your Friends (Ubisoft, Wii U), ZombiU2 (Ubisoft, Wii U), Raven Blade (Retro Studios, GCN), Dead Pheonix (Capcom, GCN), Retro Football (Retro Studios, GCN), Mega Man FPS: Maverick Hunter (Armature, PS3/360), and Earthbound 64 (IntSys, N64) for good measure. All stuff that has been name-dropped as part of this speculation round.
Thanks! Kevin Levine said that the Bioshock Vita game would have been something like Final Fantasy Tactics in a tweetstorm archived here.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
If the revived game is actually that gritty Mega Man X FPS reboot by former Metroid Prime devs and there's no Mega Man X9 in sight, the Mega Man fanbase is not gonna be happy.

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
It's a nice, juicy rumor that's fun to speculate about but also kinda a shame it was teased like this because now everyone is going to immediately pencil in their own dream cancelled game and inevitably most camps will be disappointed even if whatever it is is objectively a big deal. I guess that's just inherently the give and take when it comes to rumors like this though.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I know its basically impossible since EA is the license holder, but damnit, I'd love to get the Rogue Squadron Trilogy. Those games are unmatched.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
What're we thinking for the Pokemon reveal? For reference, main generation games are bolded:
  • Pokemon Black and White - Revealed January 29, 2010
  • Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 - Revealed February 26, 2012
  • Pokemon X and Y - Revealed January 8, 2013
  • Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire - Revealed May 7, 2014
  • Pokemon Sun and Moon - Revealed February 26, 2016
  • Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon - Revealed June 6, 2017
  • Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee - Revealed May 30, 2018
My money is on the last week of February, likely before Pokemon Day.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, Nintendo Insider is down.
Wanted to read what evidence they have that Scalebound is the resurrected IP. Among all posibilities, it seems one of the less likely for me due to MS owning the IP.

mikevdv

Jan 10, 2018

Gaming Intell acts like their leaks are right.

When the January EU indie showcased was announced, they made a news post titled: Nintendo DIRECT for Indie games announced.
in the article they said:

"Earlier this month, Gaming INTEL received exclusive information that suggested a Nintendo Direct would be coming in January 2019. Whilst this information was received from one of our most reliable sources, who has been correct on many previous Nintendo Direct dates, it comes as no surprise to now see Gaming INTEL's initial leak become true.

they are a bunch of frauds. Still acting like they got it all right in the end when they clearly didn't

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Welp, Nintendo Insider is down.
Wanted to read what evidence they have that Scalebound is the resurrected IP. Among all posibilities, it seems one of the less likely for me due to MS owning the IP.
They got one detail correct so far: the trademark for Scalebound is currently abandoned by Microsoft because of a failure to issue a statement of use.

Edit: If you look at the timeline of events on Justia, Microsoft apparently just gave up on Scalebound by not filing that statement of use. I think they could have easily made such a statement if Nintendo has been able to hang onto Eternal Darkness for so many years without doing shit with the IP.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
If Pikmin 3 DX is indeed real, I really don't understand why it wasn't announced during last Direct. February to June seems more sparse than the rest of the year so why not using it as filler ? So many games are supposed to come from July til December, no WiiU port seems much needed there...

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
If Pikmin 3 DX is indeed real, I really don't understand why it wasn't announced during last Direct. February to June seems more sparse than the rest of the year so why not using it as filler ? So many games are supposed to come from July til December, no WiiU port seems much needed there...
Pikmin 3 would have been a good option to fill in May, which is still empty as far as we know. Then again, we thought February was empty until Nintendo shadowdropped Tetris 99 in the last Direct. Maybe there's another eShop exclusive slated to release in May.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Sorry if I missed any discussion on this, but I saw some people talking about a tweet from Masuda in another forum. Apparently they're teorizing for a 2/26 Pokémon Direct?

Dzlu3xGX0AUb18o.jpg

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Sorry if I missed any discussion on this, but I saw some people talking about a tweet from Masuda in another forum. Apparently they're teorizing for a 2/26 Pokémon Direct?

Dzlu3xGX0AUb18o.jpg
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-speculation-ot.98257/
Because things get announced when they're ready to be announced (= fits with scheduling, marketing plan for other stuff). Not to fit in nicely with random leakers leaking things.

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
The more I think about Nintendo's 2019, the more excited I get. To me, Animal Crossing, Astral Chain, SMM2, Link's Awakening, and Gen 8 are all top tier releases, and FE, LM3, and Yoshi aren't too far behind. Then there's stuff like DxM and MUA3, which have some potential. We also get fun downloadable titles like Boxboy. And there's probably some more unannounced stuff, too. Sucks that almost everything is shoved into the second half of the year, but that second half looks absolutely amazing.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017

Dzlu3xGX0AUb18o.jpg

The idea of Masuda carefully placing random clues in a picture as if he occupied the highest society in the boyscouts hierarchy is funny.

Regardless, I would be down for a Pokemon King and Queen theme, with location in the UK.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The idea of Masuda carefully placing random clues in a picture as if he occupied the highest society in the boyscouts hierarchy is funny.

Regardless, I would be down for a Pokemon King and Queen theme, with location in the UK.
It wouldn't be the first time. Let's go was revealed the same way iirc.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
It wouldn't be the first time. Let's go was revealed the same way iirc.

I know he did something similar before Let's Go was officially announced, I'm not discarding the possibility of the previous Weedle Screenshot at all. I just find the idea of a Director of a huge franchise leaving hints to his next announcements by carefully taking screenshots with encrypted numbers and symbols.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Wow, so the Switch firmware update (7.0.1) that just released is the weirdest one yet, right? The sole patch note (besides the Switch getting getting more stable than ever) is:
  • Resolved an issue where the Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! games cannot reconnect to the Pokémon GO app if the game software was closed after pairing with the app.
Guess that issue had something to do with the Switch firmware and not Let's Go themselves? Weird.

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018

Because that assumes the game is ready to go in the February to June period, which is not necessarily true at all.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's funny how the slightest hint at Scalebound has basically shut down discussion about everything else it could be. Reminded me a little bit about how Star Fox GP dominated Retro Studios discussion for months :)

PlatinumGames is basically modern day Nintendo's equivalent of Rare. Nintendo doesn't own them, but they might as well at this point.

Their relationship is extremely close and I hope it continues. And as much as I enjoy their action games, it would be cool if PG branched out a bit more into other genres as well just like Rare did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.