Nintendo-First Party Thread |OT2| New Year. New Mii.

Jan 11, 2019
Idk when we’re going to see this game. I have that and 2D Metroid coming. If they delay MPT it might be all the way until 2021.

I have 2D Metroid coming next year.
Hope it's an early 2020 release, though I seem to recall the majority of Metroid games in "recent" years being released H2.

Nov 5, 2017
I'm thinking 2D Metroid will be a 2020 release as well.

I find it interesting that the first half is so jam packed with ports from 3rd parties. We have FF9, 7, x & x2, and 12 all releasing from now till April. Assassins Creed 3 in May, RE & RE0 collection and RE4 releasing in May. We may also get Crystal Chronicles in May or June. Makes me wonder if there are more interesting 3rd party projects lined up for the 2nd half of 2019. I think Doom Eternal is still scheduled for 2019. Yokai Watch and Inazuma Eleven may finally release on Switch this year.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking 2D Metroid will be a 2020 release as well.

I find it interesting that the first half is so jam packed with ports from 3rd parties. We have FF9, 7, x & x2, and 12 all releasing from now till April. Assassins Creed 3 in May, RE & RE0 collection and RE4 releasing in May. We may also get Crystal Chronicles in May or June. Makes me wonder if there are more interesting 3rd party projects lined up for the 2nd half of 2019. I think Doom Eternal is still scheduled for 2019. Yokai Watch and Inazuma Eleven may finally release on Switch this year.
Didn’t last year have ports fill up the first half too?

Nov 5, 2017
Didn’t last year have ports fill up the first half too?
I'd say output tripled in terms of ports. I also forgot about team sonic racing and hellsblade which may also be releasing in May. I'd also argue games like Hellsblade, Dragons Dogma, Mortal Kombat 11, FF7, 9, X/X2 and 12, were titles that typically avoided Nintendo systems in the past. Assassin's creed 3, REmake/0 and RE4 were overdue. Still waiting on Batman Arkham ports. Super dragonball heroes could do decently as well on the Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Microsoft is the one who decides when these games will be revealed and released. THQ Nordic only does the physical publishing.
Hellblade was decided prior to the MS buyout, so I'm thinking MS is allowing Ninja Theory to decide how to proceed with the game's release. Nordic is already a physical partner for MS, so this is just the next logical step to make

Apr 27, 2018
Retro made DKCR 3 AND Star Fox GP AND a new IP.

They will be released in a tri-pack.

That's the trilogy people have been talking about. Everyone just got mixed signals.

Oct 25, 2017
Hellblade was decided prior to the MS buyout, so I'm thinking MS is allowing Ninja Theory to decide how to proceed with the game's release. Nordic is already a physical partner for MS, so this is just the next logical step to make
Hellblade’s PS4 release got published by 505 Games, so it‘s possible that Ninja Theory already had a deal in place for 505 publishing the Switch port as well.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
A new Donkey Kong by Retro is the best case scenario indeed, and a logical one as well. The previous entries are great (the first one) and fucking amazing (the second one). Also, it would be a shame if the switch did not receive its own Donkey Kong, really. 2D or 3D, I think there's potential in both.

Oct 25, 2017
A new Donkey Kong by Retro is the best case scenario indeed, and a logical one as well. The previous entries are great (the first one) and fucking amazing (the second one). Also, it would be a shame if the switch did not receive its own Donkey Kong, really. 2D or 3D, I think there's potential in both.
Nah Startropics 3 is and will always be the best scenario. Followed by Eternal Darkness 2.

Then maybe DKCR3.

Oct 27, 2017
I really want a 3D DK by EAD Tokyo, and I think that’s something that’s certainly feasible. Odyssey in 2017, 3D DK late this year or early next year, and Oddysey 2 in 2021.

Oct 27, 2017
I want 3D DK by Retro. They have a handle and understanding. I like they follow Rare with that series and now I want them to follow with a 3D DK game.

I prefer a brand new AAA single player IP from the 3D Mario team. We have not gotten that from EPD in god knows how long.

Oct 27, 2017
My top 5 wants from Retro is no order (since SF GP is dead in my eyes and I believe they have another game besides MP4).

-3D DK
-WRPG
-big adventure game
-Earthbound be it a remake or new game with Itoi’s blessings
-horror game be it Eternal Darkness or a new franchise