• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Nintendo-First Party Thread |OT2| New Year. New Mii.

OP
OP

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
Updated 2019 games so far.

• New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 10)
  • Fitness Boxing (Nintendo / Imagineer)
  • Tetris 99 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / Arika)
  • Yoshi's Crafted World (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 2 / Good-Feel)
  • Nintendo Labo: Toy Con 04 - VR Kit (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 4)
  • BoxBoy! + BoxGirl! (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / HAL Laboratory)
  • Super Mario Maker 2 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 10)
  • Astral Chain ( Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / Platinum Games)
  • Pokémon: Sword / Pokémon: Shield (Nintendo / The Pokémon Company / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / Game Freak)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 3)

Oct 27, 2017
I know there are lots of Metroid fans and they want another 2D Metroid game but as a Metroid hater, I want MercurySteam to be busy with something else instead: Kıd Icarus. Full 3D character slasher like DMC or God of War but in KI style. Lots of puzzles and tough boss battles. Similar environments and artstyle with Uprising. But no boring on rail shooting segments. Just good old adventure/slasher game. Zelda meets DMC.

Sep 11, 2018
It would be funny if they did Metroid Prime Trilogy HD (are we even confident in that being real anymore?) themselves.
I mean, this would make sense. They would have all of the original assets on hand. They still have people who worked on the original games. A remaster of three games is something that could definitely have taken a while.

And maybe in the course of remastering the games they were able to recognise the pros and cons of the original trilogy and formulate a great way to expand on the series with Metroid Prime 4.

OP
OP

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
I know there are lots of Metroid fans and they want another 2D Metroid game but as a Metroid hater, I want MercurySteam to be busy with something else instead: Kıd Icarus. Full 3D character slasher like DMC or God of War but in KI style. Lots of puzzles and tough boss battles. Similar environments and artstyle with Uprising. But no boring on rail shooting segments. Just good old adventure/slasher game. Zelda meets DMC.
I could see a Wario Land remake. That would make sense.

Oct 27, 2017
I could see a Wario Land remake. That would make sense.
It does not. More 2D platformers? Everywhere you look at eShop is 2D platformers. And we got indies getting almost as good as Nintendo at this job. Nintendo, having much more money and resources than indies should focus on genres that are out of smaller devs reach: 3D games. 3D platformers and slashers.

If there's going to be a Wario game, it should be a 3D platformer. Wario deserves his own "odyssey".

Dec 5, 2017
So we currently have Yoshi in March, Labo VR Kit 4 and Box Boy in April, and Mario Maker 2 in June,
nothing for now in May from Nintendo, and something like Pikmin 3 or MPT HD would perfectly fit like May release.

Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
They were almost 100% spot-on with WarioWare Gold and Link's Awakening remake could have been moved from 3DS to Switch but those two weren't very difficult to guess. Wario Land VB on the other hand...
Unless we see the Wario Land VB remake happen (either on the 3DS as the leak stated or revived on the Switch with VR), I just think that stuff was all a lucky guess. While the details for WarioWare add up (besides a few small inaccuracies), I find it very strange that so much would have changed in regards to the other two games (reveal and release timing delays, cancelled marketing plans, a system change, etc). I don't buy that.

Oct 26, 2017
Unless we see the Wario Land VB remake happen (either on the 3DS as the leak stated or revived on the Switch with VR), I just think that stuff was all a lucky guess. While the details for WarioWare add up (besides a few small inaccuracies), I find it very strange that so much would have changed in regards to the other two games (reveal timing delays, cancelled marketing plans, a system change, etc). I don't buy that.
Oh, I am also 99% sure that it was a lucky guess based on sensible speculation and/or maybe they just added more stuff to the WarioWare Gold rumour to obfuscate.

But I personally wouldn't be surprised if some 3DS games were moved to the Switch once they realized how successful it was and how the 3DS basically tanked in sales.

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, I am also 99% sure that it was a lucky guess based on sensible speculation and/or maybe they just added more stuff to the WarioWare Gold rumour to obfuscate.

But I personally wouldn't be surprised if some 3DS games were moved to the Switch once they realized how successful it was and how the 3DS basically tanked in sales.
They were able to guess Dillon's 3rd game as well, so there might be some truth to the whole Wario Land remake, even if it might've been cancelled/rebooted/moved to another system.

Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
They were able to guess Dillon's 3rd game as well, so there might be some truth to the whole Wario Land remake, even if it might've been cancelled/rebooted/moved to another system.
Actually, Dillon 3 was already revealed in the Japanese September 2017 Direct before that post was made (which is why they specified that it will be announced for the west).

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
We already know what that looks like. It was shown in/right after the Direct.

NA:

Ah, I see, I completely missed that. Well, it could've been worse, besides the fact that we're getting shafted with a bloody USB sound selection instead of the proper CD, but well, it's a tradition for EU collector's editions to miss cool items in favour of inane badge pin sets lol.

I'm definitely not salty LMAO

Oct 30, 2017
Actually, Dillon 3 was already revealed in the Japanese September 2017 Direct before that post was made.
Uh, for some reason, I believed the post was made back in early 2017.

Still think there's truth to it. Games being moved happens all the time, and HD development could justify delays.

Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Still think there's truth to it. Games being moved happens all the time, and HD development could justify delays.
I guess so, but in this case it just seems too unrealistic of a scenario. Plans for special edition and console bundle releases of Link's Awakening scrapped completely, a mobile Zelda game delayed as well, Wario Land VB supposedly being delayed/cancelled/whatever so close to the release date (Late 2017 - Q2 2018) while WarioWare ended up releasing a bit later than the leak implied.

I'd love to be wrong (because a VB Wario Land remake would be great; even Skip wouldn't be able mess it up too bad), but again, I don't know if I can buy this.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI

• Pokémon: Sword / Pokémon: Shield (Nintendo / The Pokémon Company / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / Game Freak)
No Fire Emblem?

Nov 14, 2018

I can't read any of the black text in dark mode fyi

Nov 14, 2018
Will Monolith Softs action game be revealed this year? We know they've been working on it with a newly developed second team at the latest since August 2017. A new IP will take longer to make with lots more play testing, engine adjustments (which engine are they using?) Gameplay and story structure need to be created from scratch so that'll take more time to get feedback and fix it up to perfection.

While that is going on, the first division team was finishing up Xenoblade 2 and working on Torna the Golden Country throughout the development up to August 2018. Then that team immediately began development on the next game. So the second division team most likely didnt get too much help from the first team.

Also since there's two games being developed concurrently, it would be inefficient to have both teams simultaneously work on isolated versions of the Xenoblade engine for their games. I doubt they'd be able to crisscross over engine improvements between teams halfway through development of their games. So if both teams were using the Xenoblade 2 engine, then engine improvements would have to be done in isolation, effectively double the amount of work put into improving the engine simply because they have to make two versions of the same engine. Unless both teams have some sort of database to share engine improvements/adjustments to double team one single engine in mid development?

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt we’ll see their new game this year. I used to think we could see it in the September Direct, but not anymore. I see it revealed in a January/February 2020 direct.