• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
These are the roles Monolith Soft is recruiting for on the Zelda page.
Technical Artists:
Modeling TA
Rigging Artist/Animation TA
Effects TA

Programmers:
Character Control Programmer (Action Part)
Tools/Dev Environment Programmer
System/Framework Programmer

Planners:
Action Part Planner
Level Design Planner
Quest Planner

Designers:
Main Character Designer
Concept Art Designer
Character Modeler
Map Modeler
In-Game Animator
Event Production Staff (Cutscenes)

Management Support:
Project Manager

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I admit the more I think about this, the more I love it:

wario-shantae2-png.4482

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Been thinking about E3 lately, since Ubisoft announced their presentation for June 10th. It was around this time last year (the 26th, to be exact) when Nintendo announced their plans, so I guess I'd expect to hear about what they have in store probably in the next week?

In all likelihood, we'll get a Direct, the Treehouse over 3 days, and a tournament or two.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Been thinking about E3 lately, since Ubisoft announced their presentation for June 10th. It was around this time last year (the 26th, to be exact) when Nintendo announced their plans, so I guess I'd expect to hear about what they have in store probably in the next week?

In all likelihood, we'll get a Direct, the Treehouse over 3 days, and a tournament or two.
Late april-early May

Last year it was April 26

OP
OP

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
Both 3D and 2D Zelda games are by EPD. Both SRD/Monolith and SRD/Grezzo are involved in the triad of development of each respective edition. Just like BOTW/Champions Ballad and just like Triforce Heroes. There's a lot of big games being developed by EPD, and many of them have several helpers on them. More will be announced.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
no. you'll see what's up every month eShop wise in the OP of tolkir's monthly eShop threads https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-eshop-march-2019-weekly-updates-on-threadmarks.102601/
the first party schedule is pretty straightforward and doesn't really need a thread.

yoshi (march), boxboy (april), mario maker 2 (june), fire emblem (july), astral chain (aug), luigi 3 (let's face it, that's october), pokémon, animal crossing, link's awakening for Q3/4 and that's your year so far.
inbetween you have DxM and DQ9 S.
Don't forget Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 falls in q2/3 somewhere

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo relisting Genius Sonority as one of their Japanese affiliate developers. They are also hiring. Probably another Pokemon puzzle game.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/jobs/affiliates/index.html

Nintendo also still hiring game planners and 3D CG designers for The Legend of Zelda series for their EPD Division in Kyoto.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/jobs/project/index.html
another pokemon puzzle would be weird, but whatever. would like to see them do something relatively large again

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but do people here expect some games to slip into 2020? There's currently more Nintendo-published games announced for the second half of 2019 than there are months without scheduled releases.

June: Super Mario Maker 2
July: Fire Emblem Three Houses
August: Astral Chain
September:
October:
November:
December:

Four months empty, but five games left over: MUA 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Link's Awakening and Pokemon. I can't imagine they'd be releasing more than one game per month, right? And E3 will probably add even more games to the mix. I mean if Retro's title isn't announced and ready to release this year...

If only Ultimate Alliance was coming out really soon to capitalize on the Avengers hype!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but do people here expect some games to slip into 2020? There's currently more Nintendo-published games announced for the second half of 2019 than there are months without scheduled releases.

September:
October:
November:
December:

Four months empty, but five games left over: MUA 3, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Link's Awakening and Pokemon. I can't imagine they'd be releasing more than one game per month, right? And E3 will probably add even more games to the mix. I mean if Retro's title isn't announced and ready to release this year...

If only Ultimate Alliance was coming out really soon to capitalize on the Avengers hype!
No. This going to happen with Switch. Nintendo is focusing on one system and they publish third party games. Some months will double up.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia

September:
October:
November:
December:

Well, they are already publishing 2 titles in July (Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest Builders 2), and you need to add Dragon Quest XI to that slate of releases, so the odds of having more months with more than one Nintendo published titles are really high (and even if any of the announced games slip into 2020).

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
When do you think we will see next 3D Mario? If it's on Switch (most likely is). I could see them doing Odyssey sequel and release it at Holidays in 2020. Some people could say that's too early but i think if they will once again use Odyssey engine 2020 Holiday is safe bet for me.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
When do you think we will see next 3D Mario? If it's on Switch (most likely is). I could see them doing Odyssey sequel and release it at Holidays in 2020. Some people could say that's too early but i think if they will once again use Odyssey engine 2020 Holiday is safe bet for me.
Galaxy -> Galaxy 2 was 3 years, Galaxy 2 -> SM3DW (w/ SM3DL inbetween) was 3 years. 2020 is not too early.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Looks like 8 more people were formally welcomed into Monolith Soft, supposedly making their total headcount 201. The English source is NintendoSoup so I don't know if the translation is actually accurate. MS' homepage hasn't been updated yet to reflect this.

In any case, make my studio grow!

rRKeP3.gif

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised there's no OT3 yet, not that this thread is moving at a very rapid pace anymore ever since the Direct talk got moved.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like 8 more people were formally welcomed into Monolith Soft, supposedly making their total headcount 201. The English source is NintendoSoup so I don't know if the translation is actually accurate. MS' homepage hasn't been updated yet to reflect this.

rRKeP3.gif

they're now finally out of the niche studio size

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
Maybe EAD Ninja wants to complete the OP before this thread moves to OT3? It looks quite finished, but I think it still misses at least Good-Feel and Camelot?

Also: the second post is currently hard to read on dark theme because the non-coloured text is mostly black instead of non-formatted.

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018

rRKeP3.gif

Seems none of the major dev partners or subsidiaries have updated for the new FY yet

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo relisting Genius Sonority as one of their Japanese affiliate developers. They are also hiring. Probably another Pokemon puzzle game.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/jobs/affiliates/index.html

Nintendo also still hiring game planners and 3D CG designers for The Legend of Zelda series for their EPD Division in Kyoto.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/jobs/project/index.html

So in more practical terms, what does Genius Sonority being relisted here mean? They're still an independent company, right? Does it just mean that they'll be working on more games for Nintendo?

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
So in more practical terms, what does Genius Sonority being relisted here mean? They're still an independent company, right? Does it just mean that they'll be working on more games for Nintendo?

I thought GS started off at least partially funded by the Q-Fund...but I don't know if that's a thing anymore.

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
GS is 22 people large and hasn't really made anything but Denpa Men and Pokemon Trozei clones this decade so even if Nintendo does partially own them or is funding them or whatever it's unlikely to produce anything too exciting.

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure which thread was better to post this on, so I thought maybe both:
Maybe nothing, but Retro studios made some art as a goodbye present for Reggie featuring the games they've made.

There's a Mario Statue strategically positioned blocking some of the art...but there's a cartoon robot hand on the bottom left?

Here it is zoomed in:
D4YxNILX4AE0Uxo

it's not from Star Fox as those characters have 5 fingers. It's not from Federation Force as those have 3

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
The upper part doesn't look like part of Samus' arm cannon either. It's definitely something we haven't seen before, I think.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I just read that Tsubasa Sakaguchi has been the director for LABO from the concepting process all the way through production and release. If I am remembering correctly, he was also one of the lead designers / directors on Splatoon right? Do we know what else he has worked on, or what other key creative talent are working on Labo?

In 2019:

Sakaguchi_1.0.jpg

In 2015:

332279416eab0484bc2358ba36939c1987f22488.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.