• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Miyamoto doesn't touch the franchise anymore. I know people beef with his idea of minimal story, that that's a decade old point that has since doesn't mean much

Indeed. People need to stop blaming everything they don't like about an EPD game on Miyamoto. He isn't in charge of Zelda anymore. Nowadays he plays the games and gives suggestions and feedback, but he isn't actively leading teams.

This pretty much sums it up. The most obvious, mundane explanation is that it's Metroid Prime Trilogy and 2D Zelda, but given the Skyward Sword HD tease, maybe it actually is Zelda Trilogy HD.

Why would they do a zelda trilogy if they can sell those games seperatly spread over many years. That's different with metroid where the prime games wouldn't sell millions each on their own.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
The hilarious thing is that this can apply to both Zelda (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword with a sequel to A Link Between Worlds) and Metroid (Prime Trilogy HD with a sequel to Samus Returns). Or it could be a combination of the two.

That was a really clever hint hahaha but the timing on the thread kinda gives the answer. ;)

Miyamoto doesn't touch the franchise anymore. I know people beef with his idea of minimal story, that that's a decade old point that has since doesn't mean much

Read the Iwata Asks hehe :) Miyamoto-san is active in every Zelda game, not with hands on, but he visits the studio, play the demo they have for him and suggests (demands, more likely) all the changes he feels like.

Yoshiaki Koizumi had to sneak in the great story of Mario Galaxy, same goes for Fujibayashi on Zelda. All under watchful Miyamoto's Eye lol hahaah

Indeed. People need to stop blaming everything they don't like about an EPD game on Miyamoto. He isn't in charge of Zelda anymore. Nowadays he plays the games and gives suggestions and feedback, but he isn't actively leading teams.

The Iwata Asks of LoZ games suggests that his suggestions and feedback are final.

Also, i'm not saying in a bad way, it's just the way he is and made games in the past.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
And guys, if you liked BOTW you will like next year ..... and am out

Jesus Christ... i'm dead.

tenor.gif

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
*puts all his sunk cost bets on the table in front of him for the direct*

Starfox Racing
Pikmin 4
Mother 3

Give me one.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't see 2D Zelda and Botw sequel in the same year. Unless whatever KZ is saying for Botw is a spin-off to it.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I went back and watched the E3 2018 trailer for Fire Emblem: Three Houses again, and I'm wondering if it was further along last spring than I realized:

1. It showed multiple environments and multiple gameplay types/mechanics.
2. All text was translated.
3. It featured an original song with English vocals.

I think the only thing that made me think that the game was not far along is that the technical aspects (e.g. visuals, performance, etc.) looked like they could use improvement, but that didn't stop PoR or RD from releasing.

This now makes me wonder if the game has been mostly in a polishing phase since the middle of last year and if it might be ready for release at any point.

Does anyone feel similarly? Does anyone have more insight into how companies like Nintendo handle localization and what English text/vocals indicate for the readiness of a game?

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but Aonuma said two times, there was the SSHD as Proof of Concept shown at GDC17 and the Gamespot/Gameinformer guy, can't remember.

I'd consider all this a tease.
What's the "Gamespot/Gameinformer guy" bit?
The GDC stuff was from the BotW graphics test. And if you followed the discussions from last week or whenever that was, you'll recall me saying SSHD is inevitable but none of these things were teases. Especially not the Q&A question at that concert last month.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Read the Iwata Asks hehe :) Miyamoto-san is active in every Zelda game, not with hands on, but he visits the studio, play the demo they have for him and suggests (demands, more likely) all the changes he feels like.

Yoshiaki Koizumi had to sneak in the great story of Mario Galaxy, same goes for Fujibayashi on Zelda. All under watchful Miyamoto's Eye lol hahaah
well yea, that's his role as Creative Fellow. and that mario Galaxy story is the one I'm referencing. but since then, any instance of stripped back story is more to blame on the producers than Miyamoto. blame Tanabe for the lack of Toads, not Miyamoto

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
What's the "Gamespot/Gameinformer guy" bit?
The GDC stuff was from the BotW graphics test. And if you followed the discussions from last week or whenever that was, you'll recall me saying SSHD is inevitable but none of these things were teases. Especially not the Q&A question at that concert last month.

A member of a podcast for one of these sites (don't remember which one) said that the Next Zelda is sooner than we think, right at the sime time Aonuma said about SS on Switch on that concert.

Yeah, we are reaching here, but the last proof of concept became Wind Waker HD and TPHD haha a man can dream. I think Nintendo really wants to make the Switch as a ultimate Nintendo machine, so they have to bring all 3D Zeldas to the system. A trilogy is hard to imagine (unless at a very high price) from Nintendo, but I believe we will get as separate releases along the Zelda-less years.

EDIT: https://mynintendonews.com/2018/11/...-next-zelda-game-coming-sooner-than-we-think/

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Do you know if we can expect anything from Monolith Soft this year? :3
Since they have completed last year the development of Xenoblade 2 DLC, I think they're in full development of their new game, but this year is too son. However maybe we can get some reveal this year, and release at the end of 2020.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
It won't happen but I wish that the next 2D Zelda was truly in 2D.
Also, a sequel to BOTW for 2020 was a very likely scenario that many of us envisioned, but it's nice to have a confirmation that we're not entirely shooting in the dark.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
well yea, that's his role as Creative Fellow. and that mario Galaxy story is the one I'm referencing. but since then, any instance of stripped back story is more to blame on the producers than Miyamoto. blame Tanabe for the lack of Toads, not Miyamoto

Yeah, the Paper Mario situation is off Miyamoto's back. But i believe if there were debates about BoTW beign as "cinematic" as SS, we all know what side Miyamoto would be on, and Aonuma doesn't often disagrees with him.

For one, i commend BOTW team for the courage to make a subtle and lacking narrative. It's just so charming that I wanted more.

Donkey Kong Country SNES Trilogy
Donkey Kong Country Returns for a 3rd Time
Donkey Kong 64 2: Ape of the Wild

Am I doing this right?

Don't forget, Nintendo is king of left field hahahaha

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
Edit: Nah, no reason to start a fight over something trivial.

That said, holy shit, King Zell why are you doing this to us.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
The hilarious thing is that this can apply to both Zelda (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword with a sequel to A Link Between Worlds) and Metroid (Prime Trilogy HD with a sequel to Samus Returns). Or it could be a combination of the two.
There's zero possibility Nintendo would release those three Zelda games as a trilogy.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
And guys, if you liked BOTW you will like next year ..... and am out
Very interesting. The "if you liked BOTW" suggests they did something with the shrine puzzle concept, maybe? I could see a 2D game that focusses on puzzles that use physics in the way the shrines did. Would throw down my money at break-neck speed for that.

Anything Zelda should be exciting, especially if it's very enjoyable for BOTW fans!

Edit: saw the clarification that it's about 2020, so yeah, in that case it's probably about the new 3D Zelda game. Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.