• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if I had to look at what BotW-moment means, I would have to say it would mean "expansion". BotW wasn't that much different than the Zeldas before it. less proper dungeons and linearity were the only real differences. if we attributed that to pokemon, then we'll see the same pokemon formula in a much more open world, possibly with freedom of choosing gyms and maybe, little to no badge gating

But he just said it wasn't a "big 2D game" yet still a big game.
yea, metroid fits to a T. it's not a big IP, but it has a lot of fan hype

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
king zell

I know you're getting a million notifications right now, but do you know anything we don't know about Smash DLC?

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
Dont want to abuse King ... But do you have any clue of Animal Crossing date or info? :p

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me that I never finished A Link Between Worlds.

I made it halfway through the final dungeon and put it down for some reason. Never went back.

So weird.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Next week seems like the most likely time for a Direct, right? When is the investor meeting/earning release?

Raguy

Dec 20, 2017
Last year, there was rumours about Zelda 2d and Remake of Wario Virtual boy for 3ds.
But we all want theses games on Switch.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
When do you people expect to see the new IP from Monolith? I am expecting a sneak peek within this year. Earliest opportunity would be E3.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
king zell

Hi King, firstly I wanted to thank you for some of the hints that you have dropped, it certainly makes the waiting more tolerable. I was also wondering if you heard anything regarding ports of games like Zelda: WWHD, Twilight Princess HD, and Skyward Sword HD (this last one was never done for Wii U) for Switch?

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I still believe it's far too early for Monolith Soft's new IP to be shown this year. It's been a little less than 1.5 years since they went into full-scale production.

Besides, Nintendo has enough 2019 games to show off for the rest of the year. I think we can expect to see it in January 2020 at the earliest.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still believe it's far too early for Monolith Soft's new IP to be shown this year. It's been a little less than 1.5 years since they went into full-scale production.

Besides, Nintendo has enough 2019 games to show off for the rest of the year. I think we can expect to see it in January 2020 at the earliest.
Late 2020 would be 3+ years so it's possible. But it all really depends on the scale of the game and how many people are working on it.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
At this point I think Nintendo has learned that is better to release Monolith Soft games during Christmas so I'm expecting a December 2020 release.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I talked about that before, they said its gonna be BOTW tier.
I cant believe that. However, it depends on exactly what that means. In a sense, perhaps LGP is to ALBW as Gen 8 is to BotW.

To be BotW-ized, I imagine a 3D controllable camera. A large, expansive overworld that is built to scale. A return to some of the root philosophies of the original game. More freedom given to the player. Much better cut scene work and overall AI improvement. The game given the overall production and budget of a AAA HD RPG in one of the best selling videogame series of all time. Those would be my major takeaways for it to be BotW-ized.

While I dont trust Game Freak that much, I'm still so hyped for this year's game. If the project is that ambitious, I wouldnt be surprised if Nintendo helped GF on this, considering they were developing Let's Go and Town at the same time as Gen 8.

By the way, really appreciate you spend some of your time posting here, we are very desperate sometimes :p

I've been saying this for awhile but I really hope Monolith assists Gamefreak with development. Monolith is rapidly expanding and after the completion of BotW, Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 among other smaller projects. They likely had a lot of art, engine and graphics designers free to help Gamefreak.

I'd be all for that in the future, if it works out. That way Gamefreak also has more available staff to work on experimental side games such as Town and other Pokemon experiences such as LGP/E.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
That 2D Zelda could just be that fabled Link's Awakening remake.

Whatever it is, you can bet one of the selling point will be single joycon coop.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know if i love or hate when people teases us like that :( haha

I kidding, i love it! So a new 3d zelda in 2020? I think it makes sense because Aonuma wanted to make shorter devs cycles

Nov 3, 2017
I dont know if i love or hate when people teases us like that :( haha

I kidding, i love it! So a new 3d zelda in 2020? I think it makes sense because Aonuma wanted to make shorter devs cycles

Same! It's also super feasible considering they now have the toolset already made and can simply focus on the gameplay and iterating on their existing engine and middleware.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
You fools! The 2D game is Pokemon. That's the "botw tier" talk about, it's coming back to its roots.
It all comes together with the Pokemon Red and Pokemom Blue Re-release for Nintendo Switch.

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry nothing on Monolith from me

I also wanted to thank you for replying to that earlier message. I was actually going to ask the same thing until I saw someone else did, so I just waited patiently for your reply, heheh.

It's really too bad though, I'm just dying for some info on what they're doing. Even with Xenoblade 2, I recall very little being "leaked" about the game aside from a little blurb from Emily (I think) on the old site that their next game was "just ambitious as Xeno X", or something. What goes on at Monolithsoft stays at Monolithsoft, it seems.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I also wanted to thank you for replying to that earlier message. I was actually going to ask the same thing until I saw someone else did, so I just waited patiently for your reply, heheh.

It's really too bad though, I'm just dying for some info on what they're doing. Even with Xenoblade 2, I recall very little being "leaked" about the game aside from a little blurb from Emily (I think) on the old site that their next game was "just ambitious as Xeno X", or something. What goes on at Monolithsoft stays at Monolithsoft, it seems.
Not everything needs to be leaked. It's really good their stuff doesn't get leaked.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
So new Monolith IP in 2020 is pretty much the consensus here, and I agree.
Yep, no one saw Xeno 2 is coming before Switch Presentation in Jan 2017. It is a great surprise.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
How many Nintendo games will feature Main themes with Lyrics.

That's the real question.

Fire Emblem Three Houses is already on it lol. And it sounded pretty good with that little snippet we heard

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
king zell

Hi King, firstly I wanted to thank you for some of the hints that you have dropped, it certainly makes the waiting more tolerable. I was also wondering if you heard anything regarding ports of games like Zelda: WWHD, Twilight Princess HD, and Skyward Sword HD (this last one was never done for Wii U) for Switch?

Sorry nothing on Zelda remasters/ports, i dont think we need them in 192D/203D

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
Not everything needs to be leaked. It's really good their stuff doesn't get leaked.

Yeah, for sure. I'm not looking for spoilers on things like Smash character leaks or anything though, but rather something like an expected release window for when we can expect a game from them. Perhaps even Monolithsoft themselves don't know when their games will be done, so there's nothing to even "leak". Their games are what I look forward to most, so I'd be happy with a little bit of news sooner rather than later. We'll just keep waiting patiently...

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Well that Pokemon line is probably going to cause some problems lol

A 2D Zelda game would be great.

reason is switch is 100x more powerful than 3ds and they were in trouble even with a poor project like LGPE

you can't made a botw tier game with 900 animated pokemon in 2-3 years, unless is another reboot with 70 mons or so
I don't think any of this is true.

Nov 3, 2017
Sure, it's now a Sims clone and Nintendo will sell you stuff packs for $20.00 every six months.

emote.png

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
I said it before and ill say it again about Pokemon 2019, when the guys at Nintendo talked about it before E3 last year they were Hyping it like its BOTW tier game.

They said its the next big step for the franchise like BOTW was for Zelda, they are taking their time with it to insure giving the players something big.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I said it before and ill say it again about Pokemon 2019, when the guys at Nintendo talked about it before E3 last year they were Hyping it like its BOTW tier game.

They said its the next big step for the franchise like BOTW was for Zelda, they are taking their time with it to insure giving the players something big.
you think it'll be announced soon?

Nov 3, 2017

After how barebones USUM and Let's Go are, they really have no excuse to not knock Gen 8 out of the park

Delio

Oct 25, 2017

I really trust this. I feel like Gen 8 will be a big deal.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Damiani from Easy Allies was saying his source told him this in 2017 after seeing Botw and Mario Odyssey success

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd feel that the 2D Zelda and whatever platinum's game for this year would be revealed in one of the directs before E3. While Retro's game would revealed there since most, if not, all their games were first shown at E3.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If by soon you mean within the next two or three months, it has to be. Pokemon generally has a tight marketing schedule because of everything tied to the releases, so they ramp up several months in advance.
just wondering cause sun and moon and X/Y were announced around January and February time frame.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I 100% expect Gen 8 to be an evolution of gen 7 and not a huge departure for the series in terms of progression and openess. Maaaaaybe proper 3rd person camera control.

Status
Not open for further replies.