• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
"Now for a word on our Nintendo Switch Online subscription service:
We're adding some great new games to spice up the lineup of Nintendo classics, including CluClu Land & Urban Champion. We even have a surprise in store.
Kirby's Adventure and Super Mario Bros. 2 are coming to Nintendo Entertainment System Online"

CluClu Land holds the fuck up. Justice for CluClu Land.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'm so glad we have NERD to work on Nintendo's official emulators. NERD'S NES, SNES and DS emulators are great. I just hope that when we eventually get GB, N64 and GBA games on the Switch, they get the chance to make their own emulator for those systems. Nintendo's previous attempts aren't perfect.

Oct 25, 2017
We know you've been waiting to find out what classic games are coming next, and we're proud to announce Urban Champion will be out today.

OP
OP

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
So, MonolithSoft should push EPD to include a stronger aspect of town building/expanding into the BotW sequel. I wonder if Tarry Town was inspired by their involvement in the first place (don't recall interviews discussing that).

The towns look like the standard Zelda team fare to me. Nothing special. The coolest idea was that Gulliver's Island mini-town that Fujibayashi cut from the game.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, MonolithSoft should push EPD to include a stronger aspect of town building/expanding into the BotW sequel. I wonder if Tarry Town was inspired by their involvement in the first place (don't recall interviews discussing that).
that was a cute quest, but it really wasn't as involved as what i wanted a town building quest to be to make it interesting. it was just a normal, very long fetch quest. they should have given you some way to actually customize the town.
if they're gonna have something similar in the next game, i hope it's longer, more involved, and more connected to the main quest.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
The towns look like the standard Zelda team fare to me. Nothing special. The coolest idea was that Gulliver's Island mini-town that Fujibayashi cut from the game.
In terms of being special, their functions are not very different from prior Zelda efforts. In terms of looks, there are some outliers, since it wasn't uncommon hear that Zora's Domain looked very JRPG/Xenoblade. (Though the lead structural/environmental artists come more from Mario Kart 8 and Sonic Team than Monolith.)

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
they should just bring back NES remix. the SP rom hacks are just super lame.
In the best timeline, we would get another NES Classic, but it's entirely focused on the Crossover Remix stages and includes third-party games.

Like, imagine something like the Link in Donkey Kong challenge from the first NES Remix, but it was Samus in Wood Man's Stage or Ryu Hayabusa fighting Dedede at The Fountain of Dreams

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the best timeline, we would get another NES Classic, but it's entirely focused on the Crossover Remix stages and includes third-party games.

Like, imagine the Link in Donkey Kong challenge from the first NES Remix, but it was Samus in Wood Man's Stage or something.
i would have liked just a straight port of the wii u pack (with the extras from the 3DS game) on switch, but that's probably one of the least likely wii u ports.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
i would have liked just a straight port of the wii u pack (with the extras from the 3DS game) on switch, but that's probably one of the least likely wii u ports.
That would be fine too, but i'm just personally super interested in the crossover parts of the first two games and I would love to see them fully expand on that.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
that was a cute quest, but it really wasn't as involved as what i wanted a town building quest to be to make it interesting. it was just a normal, very long fetch quest. they should have given you some way to actually customize the town.
if they're gonna have something similar in the next game, i hope it's longer, more involved, and more connected to the main quest.
That's what I was going for, I'd like that to be expanded. Could provide a lot more room for story vignettes and unique world building.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love some Wii and GameCube ports for Switch. Give me some Paper Mario TTYD announcement. I want a left field announcement like that.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I would love some Wii and GameCube ports for Switch. Give me some Paper Mario TTYD announcement. I want a left field announcement like that.
Prime Trilogy is definitely a good start. Since there are multiple new Zelda titles coming in the next two years, i'm not sure where they would slot in any ports of those (2021?). A Mario Sunshine or Galaxy 1 + 2 port would be the dream, but I can't see any of those happening. TTYD and Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn would be ports I would appreciate the most; those games really need to be more widely available.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Someone said they wouldnt bring bsck time travel for botw 2 cause its already been done

But they will and do way more with it then oot

And take inspiration from other time travel series

Thwts right romwnce and time traveling kids

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Someone said they wouldnt bring bsck time travel for botw 2 cause its already been done

But they will and do way more with it then oot

And take inspiration from other time travel series

Thwts right romwnce and time traveling kids

Hi, first grader?

GgcGzwZ.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LordKano has a decent history of insider knowledge, it's either just educated speculation or he knows something.

I know that there's a Labo Kit releasing soon. By that I'm deducing that the reveal has to happen pretty soon and that it's likely to happen before the actual direct does.
But since Nintendo is an unpredictable beast, they could theoretically make it so they release it less than a month after announcing it. Can't put that besides them. So it's in part speculation since I don't actually know if this Labo kit will be announced before the Direct is. But going by their usual pattern and the fact that Labo isn't presented in Directs, it should be announced next week.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I know that there's a Labo Kit releasing soon. By that I'm deducing that the reveal has to happen pretty soon and that it's likely to happen before the actual direct does.
But since Nintendo is an unpredictable beast, they could theoretically make it so they release it less than a month after announcing it. Can't put that besides them. So it's in part speculation since I don't actually know if this Labo kit will be announced before the Direct is. But going by their usual pattern and the fact that Labo isn't presented in Directs, it should be announced next week.

Thanks for the insight.

PS: I am adding it to the archive since I know you are reliable. Do you have any links to your past rumors ? Thanks :)

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the insight.

PS: I am adding it to the archive since I know you are reliable. Do you have any links to your past rumors ? Thanks :)

i leaked the switch three years before it was announced, believe me i got a rat that infiltrated nintendo's HQ
i don't think i ever posted anything publicily on era about those stuff before

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Prime Trilogy is definitely a start. Since there are multiple new Zelda titles coming in the next two years, i'm not sure where they would slot in any ports of those (2021?). TTYD and Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn would be ports I would appreciate the most. Those games really need to be more widely available.
Yeah Trilogy is a good start, but Trilogy seems like out of necessity because Prime 4 is coming. I want to see a port of something because Nintendo wants to do it because they know the fans want it and not because a sequel is coming to that series.

Jan 11, 2018
I don't see a new 3D Zelda coming out before 2021. Since TP was released, they have said they want to knock the next one out in 3 years. That has not happened. Both SS and BotW took 5+ from their predecessor, even if they weren't in active development all that time. I can see Odyssey 2 though in 2020... EPD Tokyo is hella efficient.

Gimme Captain Toad 2 this year though first!

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I don't see a new 3D Zelda coming out before 2021. Since TP was released, they have said they want to knock the next one out in 3 years. That has not happened. Both SS and BotW took 5+ from their predecessor, even if they weren't in active development all that time. I can see Odyssey 2 though in 2020... EPD Tokyo is hella efficient.

Gimme Captain Toad 2 this year though first!
The gap existed between twilight princess and skyward sword becuase i think the zelda team were unsure what to do after tp for a bit

Kind if in a situation retro was presumably in after tropical freeze

Javi

Jun 2, 2018
Texas
Hi! I haven't been keeping up but does anyone know who is developing the Metroid Prime 4 game? Last thing I remember is that it wasn't being done by Retro Studios.

Jan 11, 2018
The gap existed between twilight princess and skyward sword becuase i think the zelda team were unsure what to do after tp for a bit

Kind if in a situation retro was presumably in after tropical freeze

To me it seemed more like things changing during development. Even if they have an idea of what they want to do, things don't always go as planned. And historically, over the last decade plus, this has been the case with the 3D Zelda team. We'll see though!

I never heard about Retro not knowing what to do after Tropical Freeze. Rumors (which I'm still hesitant to believe) suggested a cancelation, but I don't take that as them being unsure of what to do.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
To me it seemed more like things changing during development. Even if they have an idea of what they want to do, things don't always go as planned. And historically, over the last decade plus, this has been the case with the 3D Zelda team. We'll see though!

I never heard about Retro not knowing what to do after Tropical Freeze. Rumors (which I'm still hesitant to believe) suggested a cancelation, but I don't take that as them being unsure of what to do.
I was trying to say peojects that go no where in a way
Hi! I haven't been keeping up but does anyone know who is developing the Metroid Prime 4 game? Last thing I remember is that it wasn't being done by Retro Studios.
Apparently bamco

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eu...es-namco-bandai-is-working-on-metroid-prime-4

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
No one should expect MP4 to come out this year, when they announced it they were still gathering a team to make it.

So 2020 at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.