• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Idk if this is the right thread but if I buy I switch game in Japan (say nsmbu) will I be able to play it in English

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Idk if this is the right thread but if I buy I switch game in Japan (say nsmbu) will I be able to play it in English
Definitely the right thread.

Depends on the game, but for most first party games you will be fine. Including NSMBU. If your Switch is set to English, you can pop the Japanese cart into your system and it will automatically display and run in English. The only big games I know that are region-dependent are Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2. Always be sure to check before buying.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017

Depends on the game. The languages supported are listed on the eShop page (although you have to be able to read Japanese in order to understand what languages are supported). NSMBU specifically supports English.

EDIT: Looks like I was Ninja'd with regards to a response.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
hWWO7pU.jpg

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Definitely the right thread.

Depends on the game, but for most first party games you will be fine. Including NSMBU. If your Switch is set to English, you can pop the Japanese cart into your system and it will automatically display and run in English. The only big games I know that are region-dependent are Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2. Always be sure to check before buying.
Thanks!

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really interested to see what DLC we get from Nintendo this year.

-We know Smash is getting fighters, but maybe some extra stuff?
-Yoshi? Will it get support?
-Mario Aces isn't stopping till a full year has gone by. They mentioned this before.
-Super Mario Party? Will it happen?
-Fire Emblem is gonna have tons of it lol. I'll probably buy the intresting ones. Some of Fates was pretty good. Some of Echoes was as well. Those there's more bad then good, sadly.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be cool to see if Marvelous collabs with Nintendo in bringing some mechs of Xenoblade X into Daemon X Machina.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think that revealing the second Fighter Pass character this soon would be getting ahead of themselves a bit. They have plenty to show already, with a full Piranha Plant overview + release date, as well as a proper Joker gameplay reveal and perhaps release window. If Joker isn't coming until April or May, then they could easily hold off the next character announcement til a Spring Direct.
I feel like we won't see any Joker gameplay until the Spring Direct. He's not even in a playable state.....at least as of a few weeks back.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy

-Mario Aces isn't stopping till a full year has gone by. They mentioned this before.
-Fire Emblem is gonna have tons of it lol. I'll probably buy the intresting ones. Some of Fates was pretty good. Some of Echoes was as well. Those there's more bad then good, sadly.
I still wonder why we still have no clue about Mario Party and especially Odyssey DLC. I think we're in a Galaxy 2 situation. Nintendo maybe has enough content programmed for sequels and doesn't see those two games as "service" like Smash, Splatoon, Arms or Aces.

I'm pretty sure about an Odyssey 2 if we don't hear about Dlcs. Mario Party should have been a given, but the next Direct is probably the last chance to announce more content for it.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I still wonder why we still have no clue about Mario Party and especially Odyssey DLC. I think we're in a Galaxy 2 situation. Nintendo maybe has enough content programmed for sequels and doesn't see those two games as "service" like Smash, Splatoon, Arms or Aces.

I'm pretty sure about an Odyssey 2 if we don't hear about Dlcs. Mario Party should have been a given, but the next Direct is probably the last chance to announce more content for it.
Well. They did add free DLC to Mario Odyessy. Just not what people expected.

They Probably have a good reason why they don't want to do DLC for Mario. Save them idea for a sequel perhaps?

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I can't believe Nintendo cancelled all current and future projects and rocketed their HQ into the sun. All because Reggie lost the CD-R with the Direct on it amongst the mix CD's in his mom's Civic. I don't know if you guys know this, but if Nintendo didn't have a Direct this week it meant their pact with Lucifer was broken, you know the pact Furukawa made to make sure Nintendo made their 20mil target, so they're officially fucked.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I can't believe Nintendo cancelled all current and future projects and rocketed their HQ into the sun. All because Reggie lost the CD-R with the Direct on it amongst the mix CD's in his mom's Civic. I don't know if you guys know this, but if Nintendo didn't have a Direct this week it meant their pact with Lucifer was broken, you know the pact Furukawa made to make sure Nintendo made their 20mil target, so they're officially fucked.
Which means Sakurai will start aging again. Enjoy Smash Ultimate you guys, it'll be the last Smash ever.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

I'm hoping for Super Mario Party DLC the most; Pokken's DLC came out of nowhere, so I still think SMP could get some new content. Aces will continue going until June (at least for new characters, maybe we'll get more costumes after that), and Fire Emblem is guaranteed to have some. The pessimist in me is just expecting the Fighters Pass and Mii Costume DLC for Ultimate, but I hope we get a bit more. I don't think Yoshi will get new content post-launch (that would be a first for a Good-Feel game, right?).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"We have 10 Direct announcements:

1) I am Nintendo, your favorite gaming company, thou shalt not be fans of other platform holders
2) Thou shalt not make any bootleg Nintendo consoles
3) Thou shalt not say Nintendo is doomed or going third party
4) Thou shall remember and respect E3, but not the press conferences
5) Honor thy NES and thy GameCube
6) Thou shalt not kill Nabbit
7) Thou shalt not commit hacking
8) Thou shalt not pirate
9) Thou shalt not bear false leaks
10) Thou shalt not covet the neighboring platforms' third party games

Oh and Pikmin 4 is nearing completion."
The NinTen Commandments.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
The right Mario Kart question is...we won't see Mario Kart 9 for this generation, right? Considering that Wii U is officially non canon, MK8 came out in 2017.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
The right Mario Kart question is...we won't see Mario Kart 9 for this generation, right? Considering that Wii U is officially non canon, MK8 came out in 2017.

It would have to be something drastically different from 8 I think. Maybe some new type of gimmick or make it a Nintendo All Stars type of deal where they include characters and themes from more different franchises than already (maybe even some third party).

If they want to differentiate it from 8 there are a few options (and surely more than I can think of).

• New control scheme/gimmick
  • More focus on online play, seasons, cups etc (I don't see this happening with Nintendos reputation though)
  • New vehicle types (planes, boats etc)
  • Nintendo All-Stars

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
If there's one port I really want announced in the direct its the Super Mario All-Stars Wii port. Man I would love that so much.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't not disbelieve it neither

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
*Complete Direct meltdown among this thread*

Someone: "Hey here is an earnest question about Nintendo stuff".

Lot's of people: "Good question. Welcome. Here's an answer. Hope you enjoy. Wholesome goodness".

*Complete Direct meltdown continues*

Can't help but to love this thread.

Does anyone know if the Tomodachi team is doing something?

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Here's something interesting. Hiroyuki Kubota, the director for all the Mario & Luigi games up to Dream Team has apparently worked on nothing since Paper Jam in late 2015, where he was co-director.

There was also a pretty high crossover between staff on both remakes. I personally thought they were being made simultaneously and BiS was held off primarily because of scheduling (we saw localized footage almost a year ago).

There was a post about half a year ago how AlphaDream were hiring devs with experienced with Switch, PS4, and mobile development.

We could see something from then again sooner rather than later. It could even end up being multiplatform.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
We don't know what that team is working on. Based on the OP, the last game we've seen from them was Samus Returns (co-developed with MercurySteam). I'm sure we'll see a third (or fourth if you count Miitomo) Tomodachi game on the Switch at some point.

Thanks. I hope they are doing more. Those are great fillers between massive time sinks and Miitopia was a lot more fun than it had right to be :D

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here's something interesting. Hiroyuki Kubota, the director for all the Mario & Luigi games up to Dream Team has apparently worked on nothing since Paper Jam in late 2015, where he was co-director.

There was also a pretty high crossover between staff on both remakes. I personally thought they were being made simultaneously and BiS was held off primarily because of scheduling (we saw localized footage almost a year ago).

There was a post about half a year ago how AlphaDream were hiring devs with experienced with Switch, PS4, and mobile development.

We could see something from then again sooner rather than later. It could even end up being multiplatform.

It would make sense for them to have worked on both at the same time seeing as it took two years between Paper Jam and Superstar Saga but only one year to Bowser's Inside Story. I don't think them hiring for people with multiplat experience necessarily means something but it would be a big loss for Nintendo.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I hope Castlevania not being on Nintendo online is a sign that Konami is working on a Classicvania, most likely Simon centered collection on Switch.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
It would make sense for them to have worked on both at the same time seeing as it took two years between Paper Jam and Superstar Saga but only one year to Bowser's Inside Story. I don't think them hiring for people with multiplat experience necessarily means something but it would be a big loss for Nintendo.
Yeah, I don't think them hiring for people with PS4/Mobile experience means anything either. I just view it as them looking for people experienced with home consoles and handheld devices, which is exactly what the Switch is.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't think them hiring for people with PS4/Mobile experience means anything either. I just view it as them looking for people experienced with home consoles and handheld devices, which is exactly what the Switch is.

The main point is that AlphaDream may have been working on something for a while now. The muliplatform statement was just a possibility.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I have seen Chris in the MC talk about Labo as well, but I couldn't tell if that was speculation or inside info.
Speculations; we've known that a fourth kit was planned for a long time and we've seen toycons in old videos which never made it in kit 1-3. It's likely that it would release between now and March or April, and they'll probably reveal it a month or two before.

Oct 31, 2017
I see lots of new promotion for Luigis mansion !goo research! And coming soon with luigis mansion 3 footage! Is the release date going to be announced soon, is there more new news coming to us DIRECT!!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
LM3 should be october, but it probably won't since it seems about ready to launch. It's too bad because there hasn't been a really good halloween seasoned game for awile.

Status
Not open for further replies.