• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Where are you seeing this? Plus I've said I could see a segment for Luigi's Mansion 3 in the upcoming Direct.

This isn't specifically about Luigi's Mansion 3 (so I don't really understand why this needs to be brought up), but the "Goo" substance introduced in the 3DS port of Luigi's Mansion will definitely be involved in the game (I mean, the new Poltergust is the 'Poltergust G-00').

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I've been predicting this since they revealed Gooigi, but I think Luigi's Mansion 3 will have a co-op mode for the entire campaign. With the Joy-Cons and the mode being introduced in the 3DS version of the original, it just makes sense to me.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing big, but someone who works at Retro Studios posted in the comments of a YouTube video saying Retro is great to work for, lots of talent there and an inspiring place to work at.

I don't want to get anyone in trouble by posting the video where he commented or for people to bug him.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing big, but someone who works at Retro Studios posted in the comments of a YouTube video saying Retro is great to work for, lots of talent there and an inspiring place to work at.

I don't want to get anyone in trouble by posting the video where he commented or for people to bug him.

Nintendo are going to send the ninjas after him for being so critical of the company.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

I'm sure Retro's a fantastic place to work in, unless you're a vegan.

In which case it's the tenth circle of hell.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
The upcoming "Prime Trilogy" that we have heard about is actually a trilogy of brand new games centred around a prime rib.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I really wonder what Nintendo's big game at E3 is going to be

I can't see Pokemon being the main game at the event and by then I believe we will know a lot already about Animal Crossing

Maybe they will just change their strategy and not focus on one game like they've done all these past years

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I can't see Pokemon being the main game at the event and by then I believe we will know a lot already about Animal Crossing

Maybe they will just change their strategy and not focus on one game like they've done all these past years
Like Reggie said every E3 is different. They have a different strategy. This year it'll probably be more shared.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

It'll probably focus on multiple games this year (an idea that Dark Cloud has brought up multiple times).

Probably a mix of Pokemon, 2D Zelda, Retro's game, Luigi's Mansion 3 and maybe something we don't know about yet. Animal Crossing isn't a good E3 game (especially for demoing) so I don't think it'll get much spotlight there.

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
So what are you guys playing while waiting for the Nintendo Direct. I recently started playing Captain Toad on Switch and I am really impressed by how fun I am having with this game. I would like Nintendo to develop more of these sorts of games.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
So what are you guys playing while waiting for the Nintendo Direct. I recently started playing Captain Toad on Switch and I am really impressed by how fun I am having with this game. I would like Nintendo to develop more of these sorts of games.
I picked up New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe earlier today. I haven't played the game since 2013, so it's nice to replay one of the best 2D Mario games.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Still playing Xenoblade 2 NG+ and clocking at 240 hours. I can probably drop another 120 hours into it.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I would love it if Nintendo went all out for Luigi's Mansion at E3 and converted the area into a giant haunted hotel.

But realistically it will more than likely be AC or Pokemon.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
Since we're all kicking about waiting for a direct, here's a little discussion. What is your dream direct? One that's not really feasible but would be incredible. Although possibly disasterous for sales. Mine would be

New 2D Mario with beautiful hand-painted graphics and no auto scrolll.

A new Wario Ware for Switch with loads of multiplayer and WarioWare DIY built in.

A partnership with Sega to make a new, exclusive Super Monkey Ball. Loads of multiplayer games in it.

Eternal Darkness 2 with a port of 1.

F Zero SX

1080/Wave Race/Skateboarding mash up. Three separate sports but sharing characters/the world.

Wii Fitbit. A team up with Fitbit using their trackers. Switch acts as a Fitbit dashboard. New Balance Board

New IP puzzler based on organising things. Followed by 'and talking of organising things, folders are now available for the Switch Firmware'

Last edited:

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Since we're all kicking about waiting for a direct, here's a little discussion. What is your dream direct? One that's not really feasible but would be incredible. Although possibly disasterous for sales. Mine would be

New 2D Mario with beautiful hand-painted graphics and no auto scrolll.

A new Wario Ware for Switch with loads of multiplayer and WarioWare DIY built in.

A partnership with Sega to make a new, exclusive Super Monkey Ball. Loads of multiplayer games in it.

Eternal Darkness 2 with a port of 1.

F Zero SX

1080/Wave Race/Skateboarding mash up. Three separate sports but sharing characters/the world.

Metroid prime trilogy HD
Pikmin trilogy HD
New DKC
Bayo 3 release date
Captain Toad sequel
Gen 8 info
Wii U Ports of XCX, 3d world, W101, Tokyo mirage sessions
Tekken 7 and soul calibur 6 switch ports
Pokemon x digimon 2d/2.5d fighter developed by ArcSystem

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Since we're all kicking about waiting for a direct, here's a little discussion. What is your dream direct? One that's not really feasible but would be incredible. Although possibly disasterous for sales.

Treasure brought back from its death bed to deliver a sequel to the best game of all time: Sin & Punishment 3.

Yukio Futatsugi being given free reign to work on a spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Nintendo bringing back the gang for GoldenEye 007-2.

This is guaranteed to sink them forever.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
New Super Mario bros u really should get Donkey Kong instead deluxe

in all seriousness: just bought the game and am thougherly enjoying it

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
NSMBUD is an awesome game, I played thr Wii U version when it released. I may buy it later in the year, when I have finished Tropical Freeze.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I picked up Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings, and Bravely Second, so I've got plenty to be getting on with!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing won't be the "one big thing" like Breath of the Wild was but it's definitely going to be a big focus at E3 and especially on the Treehouse stream.
It's not going to be an entire focus obviously, but to say it would mostly completely skip e3 is silly and sounds out of touch...like people wondering why isabelle was in smash. Although having a AC theme set would make complete sense. The floor looks like grass, trees, building, characters, etc around the e3 floor.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
If not Pokémon / Animal Crossing, the main game at e3 2019 could still be Metroid Prime 4 if it launches before e3 2020 (like BotW at e3 2016)

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not going to be an entire focus obviously, but to say it would mostly completely skip e3 is silly and sounds out of touch...like people wondering why isabelle was in smash. Although having a AC theme set would make complete sense. The floor looks like grass, trees, building, characters, etc around the e3 floor.

Yeah, I think people really overestimate how much Nintendo was burned by E3 2008 and City Folk. It's actually a really nice game to demo on the Treehouse and unlike 2008, they have lots of other stuff that they can show alongside it.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I of course didn't mean that it won't be featured at all at E3, only that it probably couldn't totally sustain the spotlight focus at E3 in the same way that BOTW, Odyssey, and Smash have recently. Not because it isn't popular or a huge series, just because of the nature of the game not necessarily lending itself well to showing at a high-profile conference.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If not Pokémon / Animal Crossing, the main game at e3 2019 could still be Metroid Prime 4 if it launches before e3 2020 (like BotW at e3 2016)

Metroid Prime 4 as the "one more thing" at the end of the live stream would make people lose their shit.

Especially if they

dotherightthinggallerymain.jpg

and rename it.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Since we're all kicking about waiting for a direct, here's a little discussion. What is your dream direct? One that's not really feasible but would be incredible. Although possibly disasterous for sales.
Direct starts off with a Super Mario Maker 2 reveal (new Game Styles, Level Themes, Objects, SLOPES, etc)
3DS Section: Non-Existent
Switch Section:
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Gameplay Footage + April Release
  • DAEMON X MACHINA - Gameplay Footage + Early March Release
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 - Gameplay Footage + June Release
  • Animal Crossing - Trailer + September Release
  • DLC Announcement for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Party
  • Bayonetta 3 - Trailer
  • Nintendo Switch System Updates - Themes, Messages, NSO App functions now on console, more Media Apps (+ Xenoblade and Smash profile avatars)
  • Nintendo Switch Online - GB, SNES, N64 and GBA games releasing throughout 2019/early 2020
  • Blue Falcon - PlatinumGames developed F-Zero character action game
  • Mother Trilogy - Reveal
  • Paper Mario - Reveal (returns to traditional RPG gameplay)
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy HD - Reveal + February Release
  • Metroid Prime 4 - Trailer + Release Window
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Banjo & Kazooie Reveal Trailer + Banjo-Kazooie coming to NSO
Then throw in some Third-Party stuff, and VWALA: a Direct that will never happen.
I mean, you said it didn't have to be feasible, because this isn't that at all.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'll probably focus on multiple games this year (an idea that Dark Cloud has brought up multiple times).

Probably a mix of Pokemon, 2D Zelda, Retro's game, Luigi's Mansion 3 and maybe something we don't know about yet. Animal Crossing isn't a good E3 game (especially for demoing) so I don't think it'll get much spotlight there.
Yeah it can be like E3 2014.

Smash got about 10 minutes. Everyone else got a few minutes and Splatoon got about 6 minutes. No game will be like Smash last year getting 20+ minutes or Zelda getting the whole thing. Even in 2017 Mario Odyssey only got a few minutes, but it got the whole NDC set and majority of the Treehouse. In 2014 it was more shared. In 2014 Smash and Splatoon got the bigger sets at E3.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nintendo+e3+2014+treehouse

Smash and Splatoon got a couple or so segments more than the others. Pokemon has never been a huge factor at E3 so I don't bother with that. Animal Crossing can be that Splatoon type of game. 2D Zelda, Luigis Mansion 3, Star Fox GP, Pokemon will all get a few minutes. If Metroid Prime 3 comes BEFORE E3 2020 it will be the "Smash" of E3 2014 getting the slightly bigger sets and bigger % in the Direct.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a new trilogy and numbered sequels are for suckers.
That's not it only. It has to do with bringing in a new group of consumers and Nintendo may want to call it just Metroid Prime: subtitle and leave out the 4, regardless of MPT coming. I can see them being afraid that having a "4" could scare some away, but yes, MPT should alleviate that worry.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah it can be like E3 2014.

Smash got about 10 minutes. Everyone else got a few minutes and Splatoon got about 6 minutes. No game will be like Smash last year getting 20+ minutes or Zelda getting the whole thing. Even in 2017 Mario Odyssey only got a few minutes, but it got the whole NDC set and majority of the Treehouse. In 2014 it was more shared. In 2014 Smash and Splatoon got the bigger sets at E3.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nintendo+e3+2014+treehouse

Smash and Splatoon got a couple or so segments more than the others. Pokemon has never been a huge factor at E3 so I don't bother with that. Animal Crossing can be that Splatoon type of game. 2D Zelda, Luigis Mansion 3, Star Fox GP, Pokemon will all get a few minutes. If Metroid Prime 3 comes BEFORE E3 2020 it will be the "Smash" of E3 2014 getting the slightly bigger sets and bigger % in the Direct.

Ugh E3 2014 was such a wig snatch

Status
Not open for further replies.