• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I see lots of new promotion for Luigis mansion !goo research! And coming soon with luigis mansion 3 footage! Is the release date going to be announced soon, is there more new news coming to us DIRECT!!
How would you feel if part of the promotion for this and new labo is a labo vacuum cleaner!! For use in new Mansion?

Is this a machine learning how to speak?

agJn0Nh.jpg

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Prime 4 certainly doesn't need to stagnate but it also doesn't need to evolve in the same way that other shooters have evolved.

I have been saying it should take a more Breath of the Wild-esque approach and add a whole lot more interactivity into the world and environment. Specifically in the form of destructible environments, since that's something that's been core to the Metroid series since the very beginning. I want to see Samus having to carve her own unique path through obstacles and sometimes even the planet itself to get to her goal.

As for the subtitle/number debate I honestly don't think it will matter in the long run. I expect them to keep the number but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Was it verifiably someone who works there?

Indeed. Played the first hour and half. So far looks and feels great.

Every time I see your avatar I can't help but wish for the QFG series to be ported to (or remastered for) consoles. With other old PC adventure getting ports it surely should be possible, right?

Anyway on topic, what fun tweets are we expecting today?

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Every time I see your avatar I can't help but wish for the QFG series to be ported to (or remastered for) consoles. With other old PC adventure getting ports it surely should be possible, right?

Anyway on topic, what fun tweets are we expecting today?

I still play through them about once a year. New installment or Remake would be out of this world.

I expect them to tweet release date for Fire Emblem and announce some 3rd party game. Maybe Ace Attorney or the Steamworld makers new game.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Why the hell would you call it "Metroid Prime" when it made tons of news for being revealed as Metroid Prime 4?
You're insane.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
Why the hell would you call it "Metroid Prime" when it made tons of news for being revealed as Metroid Prime 4?
You're insane.
I'd agree with this, if they had mentioned it multiple times already. Let's not forget that they've mentioned the game literally on one occasion, and with what many deem to be a relatively crude and "thrown together" logo. Changing the name on the second mention of the title wouldn't stall their marketing communications, it would be the start of the marketing campaign. The placeholder "Metroid Prime 4" would have already served its purpose anyway, to generate hype amongst the core Nintendo fans.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps not the popular opinion, but I'm hoping it's simply called "Metroid" or "Metroid Prime" and that it is a full on reboot and they completely reinvent it from the ground up. This is their chance to have a big FPS franchise, so whilst it needs to keep it's own identity, it also needs to learn some lessons from the biggest success stories in the genre. That certainly means multiplayer, as a minimum. It also means 2020 the earliest, in my opinion.

I don't see why the themes of isolation and exploration mean they can't have cutscenes and story telling... it could go down an "Alien" route and be very atmospheric and isolating. I don't think they should do that necessarily, but I do think they are throwing some big production budget behind it and will be seeking to captivate a broader audience. And that means some changes are needed, because as much as I truly love the franchise, it's batting well below what it could do. I believe Halo should be the ambition, and not a clone... at least in success terms.

If you want traditional Metroid, you've got the NES Online game. And if you want traditional Metroid Prime, you've got the Trilogy remake (hopefully!). Perfect time to bring something completely new to the table.
People wanted classic 3d mario for over 15 years. People have wanted classic metroid prime for over a decade. Prime 4 will be back to the roots, but probably expanded on a little.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Speculations; we've known that a fourth kit was planned for a long time and we've seen toycons in old videos which never made it in kit 1-3. It's likely that it would release between now and March or April, and they'll probably reveal it a month or two before.

Said it before, but I suspect they were all R&D'd at the same time and then split off into sub-projects, being co-developed under one budget.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I have completely given up on expecting anything from Switch OS updates. I would've thought that Nintendo would've used their experience from the 3DS/Wii U era to update the console with new features but that hasn't happened.
I feel its the opposite. Yes they haven't made any major improvements or changes to it, but when they do its gonna be a complete overhaul. I think with Switch OS, they are gonna look towards the mobile space in this regard, where the next step will have far more important stuff beyond Folders and Themes. They are likely also waiting to time such an update with the revision

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We still need those Resident Evil release dates.

Then they can show the Direct that only has stuff from Twitter announcements.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still wished a Metroid Prime Trilogy would come with all the Metroid Prime games and not only 3 games. It'd be Metroid Prime Collection.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking, is there any chance the Wario series comes to the Switch?

Land has been gone for 11 years, so I was considering they could do a Shake It port, but maybe remastering that game into HD would be a pain? For Ware I would guess the game gets built from the ground up to use joycon's unique features, if it gets made.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Land has been gone for 11 years, so I was considering they could do a Shake It port, but maybe remastering that game into HD would be a pain? For Ware I would guess the game gets built from the ground up to use joycon's unique features, if it gets made.
Warioware seems like a given to me. Maybe it won't come until year 4 or 5.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I was wondering about this as well. I can definitely see both a WarioWare and Wario Land game both coming under Nintendo's unified development structure. I expect the next 3 years will be just as stacked as 2019 is when it comes to first party releases, and to do that, Nintendo will have to rely on all their IP.

Deleted member 50969

Banned
Dec 17, 2018
Hello everyone,

I want to start collecting the maximum amount of Gold Points as possible, would it be better to try start purchasing on the eShop or can I go with my preferred method, physical gamecards?

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone,

I want to start collecting the maximum amount of Gold Points as possible, would it be better to try start purchasing on the eShop or can I go with my preferred method, physical gamecards?

If you're crazy enough to go for the max, eshop is always going to be the way to go. You get a pittance when registering physical games. Sometimes discounted digital codes from Amazon and Best Buy work though too. I think those give coins for the full amount even if you bought it on sale.

Deleted member 50969

Banned
Dec 17, 2018
If you're crazy enough to go for the max, eshop is always going to be the way to go. You get a pittance when registering physical games. Sometimes discounted digital codes from Amazon and Best Buy work though too. I think those give coins for the full amount even if you bought it on sale.

I like Nintendo but their eShop and Nintendo Store prices are cray-cray. I think I'll just mix it up digital and physical to give myself options.

Thanks for the advice, maybe going for max was a bit too ambitious.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really interested to see what DLC we get from Nintendo this year.

-We know Smash is getting fighters, but maybe some extra stuff?
-Yoshi? Will it get support?
-Mario Aces isn't stopping till a full year has gone by. They mentioned this before.
-Super Mario Party? Will it happen?
-Fire Emblem is gonna have tons of it lol. I'll probably buy the intresting ones. Some of Fates was pretty good. Some of Echoes was as well. Those there's more bad then good, sadly.
Smash should surely get some free updates like they've been doing with Spirits. I'm hoping character costumes too but that's wishful thinking

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Nintendo but their eShop and Nintendo Store prices are cray-cray. I think I'll just mix it up digital and physical to give myself options.

Thanks for the advice, maybe going for max was a bit too ambitious.
Also coins expire, i think trying to collect coins is a very bad idea.

Edit: wait I get it. I misunderstood.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The conspiracy copter died before it had a chance to take off.

I'm sure GoNintendo is reading this and getting their article ready to ask the question if it's Nintendo Direct related.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This clearly means that Nintendo forgot to record a Nintendo Direct for January. They're scrambling to get one done before 11:30 on 1/15.

Status
Not open for further replies.