• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Hot take:

Metroid Prime 4 needs a great multiplayer mode then a great single player.

Okay. I just really like Prime hunters, even with its clunkiness. It was fun and I want them to expand on that. I need a shooter on switch for me cause Splatoon is something I don't care for.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Monolith Soft should make a Final Fantasy type of game with turn based battle system again. I miss that battle system.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does Namco own the rights to Baten Kaitos or can Nintendo get Monoloth to easily make another one?
Sadly, Bandai owns Baten Kaitos. I was watching a video of someone playing it and it had that Final Fantasy X look to it. It's hard to explain, but it just had a look of Final Fantasy to it.

Someone at Bandai talked about it, but said they'd want the original crew to make a new Baiten Kaitos aka Monolith. I think Monolith also talked about BK3 in an interview.

OP
OP

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
Sadly, Bandai owns Baten Kaitos. I was watching a video of someone playing it and it had that Final Fantasy X look to it. It's hard to explain, but it just had a look of Final Fantasy to it.

Someone at Bandai talked about it, but said they'd want the original crew to make a new Baiten Kaitos aka Monolith. I think Monolith also talked about BK3 in an interview.

Tri-Crescendo?

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Wasn't their supposed to be a Baten Kaitos on Nintendo DS? Is that just old forum chatter from back in the day or was it something officially stated but then just went nowhere?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't their supposed to be a Baten Kaitos on Nintendo DS? Is that just old forum chatter from back in the day or was it something officially stated but then just went nowhere?
cancelled it seems
https://web.archive.org/web/20090131234500/http://www.gamespot.com/news/6114221.html

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5654/1/c...ndo-wii-support-baten-kaitos-ii-and-more.html

: When the Nintendo DS was originally announced, a list of future games was released that included a version of Baten Kaitos. However, since Xenosaga I & II was revealed and released in Japan nothing has been heard about BK on the DS. Is the project still alive?
HS: Please ask Namco for this question, because they sell the title. We are strongly willing to develop this.
[ In response, one of Namco's Producers said the following: "The Baten Kaitos DS project has been stopped once. Further developmentis currently undecided at this point." ]

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
So what are you guys playing while waiting for the Nintendo Direct.
Currently bouncing between Fortnite, Mark of the Ninja, and Outrun.
I mean this is something Marvel figured out ages ago which is why no other series than Iron Man uses numbers.
Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_2_poster.jpg

Javi

Jun 2, 2018
Texas
Really wish the Direct happened this week instead of the next. I start school next week T.T
Still super excited! I'm hoping we get a little Super Mario Party DLC

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Really wish the Direct happened this week instead of the next. I start school next week T.T
Still super excited! I'm hoping we get a little Super Mario Party DLC
I feel your pain, though I fortunately don't have any classes that go on until late at night this semester (more so during finals).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to make one New Years Resolution for Nintendo. I'd like to see them make their online better and use servers. They can increase the price if they want and also add SNES and N64 games to their Online games.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What was the last thing we got from there? Reggie, Myamoto and Aonuma during the Switch January reveal? I've never been there so I think I'm mixing things up and I'm always associating every single frame they shoot with that venue...
I believe you're right for the Switch Presentation they were there. Because they were teasing the Botw date

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I wanted to make one New Years Resolution for Nintendo. I'd like to see them make their online better and use servers. They can increase the price if they want and also add SNES and N64 games to their Online games.
I would be so willing to pay more for a better service. Dedicated servers and better virtual console would easily be worth 60 bucks / year to me.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm going to pay for it if it means I can play with people across the world.

That's fine, but for some reason people here thinks paying online equals severs or even better service, which is never the case. Online on the PC is free and is general superior than console online. So you're not paying for better service, you're paying because console makers see a way to make easy money.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's fine, but for some reason people here thinks paying online equals severs or even better service, which is never the case. Online on the PC is free and is general superior than console online. So you're not paying for better service, you're paying because console makers see a way to make easy money.
Who thinks that? People here are just wishing Nintendo's online was better.

And you've got it reversed anyway, the hope is not that the price being higher means Nintendo feels obligated to offer better service, it is that Nintendo would be able to confidently charge a higher price for offering a better service.

Splatoon should offer dedicated servers not because they are obligated to since we pay for online now, but because it would make the game a better product and thus make the online more appealing to consumers.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Who thinks that? People here are just wishing Nintendo's online was better.

And you've got it reversed anyway, the hope is not that the price being higher means Nintendo feels obligated to offer better service, it is that Nintendo would be able to confidently charge a higher price for offering a better service.

Thing is, they think what they have now is worth buying when it was free before. So they certainly have confidence in what they have now, despite people saying it's subpar. So what you may considered $60 most likely not what Nintendo going to give you.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thing is, they think what they have now is worth buying when it was free before. So they certainly have confidence in what they have now, despite people saying it's subpar. So what you may considered $60 most likely not what Nintendo going to give you.
Yeah that is the reality it seems. I wish they would think bigger though. There have been dozens of threads on here of people saying they want to get into Splatoon or Smash but the online is so bad that they drop the game.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Yeah that is the reality it seems. I wish they would think bigger though. There have been dozens of threads on here of people saying they want to get into Splatoon or Smash but the online is so bad that they drop the game.

I can't speak for Smash, but I have never have a problem with Splatoon's online and most of the complaints I have observed is from a vocal minority. You don't sell nearly 8 million of a game that more or less lives and dies based on its online if the online is universally terrible. Most of my problems with Splatoon's online have all been on my end.

That and Smash isn't even Nintendo. That's on Namco who had similar problems with FighterZ on all consoles.

Last edited:

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Guys a company like Nintendo that organizes the materials for a direct with other companies for months is not going to quickly film something possibly two days before it airs. That's not how the editing process works for multibillion dollar companies. They're not Youtubers trying to scrape something together.
At best you'd get a company delivering their footage/content late which they can just input easily in place where it belongs on the timeline. Probably not even that. They probably have a deadline like a week or two before it airs to get the material in.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Guys a company like Nintendo that organizes the materials for a direct with other companies for months is not going to quickly film something possibly two days before it airs. That's not how the editing process works for multibillion dollar companies. They're not Youtubers trying to scrape something together.
At best you'd get a company delivering their footage/content late which they can just input easily in place where it belongs on the timeline. Probably not even that. They probably have a deadline like a week or two before it airs to get the material in.
Pretty sure everyone knows a Direct is filmed and pieced together months in advance of the broadcast. The Nintendo NYC Store is just a private event -- a party, wedding, or whatever. It has nothing to do with a Direct, the impending release of a Direct, or any Direct matter.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone should know by now Nintendo ain't filming a direct to release a week or two later. They're done well in advanced and planned months in advance. This is how business works.

Status
Not open for further replies.