• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
If I remember correctly, both Pikmin and 2D Mario were done by the same team (EAD 4) who are now EPD 10. Are they big enough to be making Mario Maker 2, Pikmin 3 port and Pikmin 4 at the same time?

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
If I remember correctly, both Pikmin and 2D Mario were done by the same team (EAD 4) who are now EPD 10. Are they big enough to be making Mario Maker 2, Pikmin 3 port and Pikmin 4 at the same time?
They released NSMB2 and NSMBU in 2012, New Super Luigi U and Pikmin 3 in 2013 and then Super Mario Maker in 2015.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
nx2usi3gssf21.jpg

This image is somehow gaining traction on Twitter than anything.

Those are Switch Dev kits specifically for Retro Studios. They use it to light their BBQs.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018

EPD teams are producers, directors, and project leads for particular series. The bulk of developers shift between projects as needed. So, potentially they are big enough.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Is the new Platinum game party? The direct was amazing, but damn that Platinum game looks sweet AF. I may get ahead of myself, but from what we saw, I feel that it could be a game changer like dark souls was. I am very very excited to play it.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
It's kind of depressing how back loaded the games are yet again this year. You'd think with the dropped off sales from last year, they would have learned not to have a barren first half.

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
March: Yoshi
April: Smash Bros Update 3.0*
May: -
June: Mario Maker 2
July: Fire Emblem
August: Astral Chain
September: -
October: -
November: -
December: -

Not Dated: Pokémon, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Link's Awakening

*Announced as "by end of April"

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
April:
May:
September:
October:
November:
December:

Not Dated: Pokémon, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Link's Awakening, Smash Bros Update 3.0
Fwiw they said Joker will be touching down before the end of April.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
There's now a real possibility that Starfox GP was just a big misunderstanding!! I'm so fucking happy, I had given hope that it would be fake!! Those who mocked people for saying that it may have been Starlink all along must feel quite stupid right now, but it's fine, the world now spins at the right velocity.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
April: -
September: -
October: -
November: -
December: -

Not Dated: Pokémon, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Link's Awakening, Smash Bros Update 3.0

Thank you for the update. Mario Maker should carry Q1 by itself, although it wouldn't discard Nintendo announcing a WiiU Port or eshop game to fill in May.

I find it funny how Nintendo is essentially announcing and releasing completely new games in a 6 months time frame with Mario Maker 2 and Astral Chain.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
smash is so getting a March direct lol, excited for what 3.0 brings....stage builder perhaps?? ;d

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So.. after the direct 2nd half of 2019 looks great but...

No Nintendo retail first party releases in feb, mar, april or may except for Yoshi (not counting dlc)??? Not even a wiiuport or remake?

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So.. after the direct 2nd half of 2019 looks great but...

No Nintendo retail first party releases in feb, mar, april or may except for Yoshi (not counting dlc)??? Not even a wiiuport or remake?

what? New yoshi game is march what do you mean not counting dlc??

Feburary got Tetris 99 :P

APril is here the 3rd party ports are at ...and may..yeah idk but after that its smooth sailing

oracion

Jan 7, 2018
Tokyo
April: Smash Bros Update 3.0*
September: Animal Crossing
October: Luigi's Mansion
November: Pokémon
December: Link's Awakening

resetoeros1

May 30, 2018
Hey Ehoavash dont wanna put pressure on you, today Direct was damn hot we got a lot of new tasty things and we got Platinum(what a sexy trailer btw)...but is this the Kamiyas title you've been refering to or...?

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I was hoping for a wind waker hd port, guess that dream is dead

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
So the big upcoming Nintendo games that we know of this year are:

Yoshi
Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem 3H
Astral Chain
Marvel UA3
LM3
Pokemon 8
Zelda Link's Awakening

And TBC but heavily rumored for this year are

Pikmin 3
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Mayyybe Star Fox GP?

Am I missing anything?
Are we expecting anything else?

I feel like a big cornerstone game ala Smash is missing. If nothing else, I hope Pokemon turns out to be it. Pokemon is huge, I know, but feels like a B tier title these days in terms of size/budget.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
So the big upcoming Nintendo games that we know of this year are:

Yoshi
Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem 3H
Astral Chain
Marvel UA3
LM3
Pokemon 8
Zelda Link's Awakening

And TBC but heavily rumored for this year are

Pikmin 3
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Mayyybe Star Fox GP?

Am I missing anything?
Are we expecting anything else?

I feel like a big cornerstone game ala Smash is missing. If nothing else, I hope Pokemon turns out to be it. Pokemon is huge, I know, but feels like a B tier title these days in terms of size/budget.
You're missing Animal Crossing.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It always seemed too early to announce Metroid Prime Trilogy in this Direct with the Prime 4 news happening just a month ago. Honestly I wouldn't expect MPT until next year, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Then again, I also thought it was too early to announce Mario Maker 2 when NSMBUDX released just a month ago, so eh.

I honestly thought we would get a Pikmin 3 Deluxe announcement. Maybe they're saving it for E3?

I don't even know what to believe anymore about the Retro Star Fox game. If it doesn't show up at E3 then the dream is truly dead.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not talking about sales. Pokemon games since the 3DS have felt... Underbudgeted to me?

They feel very limited. Am I really alone on this?

If they give the next one the AAA treatment I'll definitely be interested.
How in the hell is Sun and Moon under budgeted for a 3DS game

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the new Platinum game party? The direct was amazing, but damn that Platinum game looks sweet AF. I may get ahead of myself, but from what we saw, I feel that it could be a game changer like dark souls was. I am very very excited to play it.
it's safe to assume anything platinum makes is owned by the publishing company

Mar 23, 2018
legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-reveal.png

MachPizza_Exterior_Threed.png

If they ever consider remaking the Mother games, this clay style could be the right way to do it and make justice to the original games' artstyle. I believe the Mother games even had some clay models for marketing purposes.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
I don't know why but Astral Chain just isn't clicking with me. I really wish I knew, because I've played and thoroughly enjoyed every other Kamiya game. Then again it's only the first trailer so maybe I should just give it time.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not talking about sales. Pokemon games since the 3DS have felt... Underbudgeted to me?

They feel very limited. Am I really alone on this?

If they give the next one the AAA treatment I'll definitely be interested.
Animal Crossing and Pokemon are out this fall. Those are juggernauts, top tier Nintendo franchises on the scale of Mario, Zelda, Smash, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.