• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Retro made DKCR 3 AND Star Fox GP AND a new IP.

They will be released in a tri-pack.

That's the trilogy people have been talking about. Everyone just got mixed signals.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Hellblade was decided prior to the MS buyout, so I'm thinking MS is allowing Ninja Theory to decide how to proceed with the game's release. Nordic is already a physical partner for MS, so this is just the next logical step to make
Hellblade's PS4 release got published by 505 Games, so it's possible that Ninja Theory already had a deal in place for 505 publishing the Switch port as well.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
What if Retro was actually working on DKCR3 and held off the announcement to not cut Tropical Freeze legs.

I just want DKCR3

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
A new Donkey Kong by Retro is the best case scenario indeed, and a logical one as well. The previous entries are great (the first one) and fucking amazing (the second one). Also, it would be a shame if the switch did not receive its own Donkey Kong, really. 2D or 3D, I think there's potential in both.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
A new Donkey Kong by Retro is the best case scenario indeed, and a logical one as well. The previous entries are great (the first one) and fucking amazing (the second one). Also, it would be a shame if the switch did not receive its own Donkey Kong, really. 2D or 3D, I think there's potential in both.

Nah Startropics 3 is and will always be the best scenario. Followed by Eternal Darkness 2.

Then maybe DKCR3.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want a 3D DK by EAD Tokyo, and I think that's something that's certainly feasible. Odyssey in 2017, 3D DK late this year or early next year, and Oddysey 2 in 2021.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want 3D DK by Retro. They have a handle and understanding. I like they follow Rare with that series and now I want them to follow with a 3D DK game.

I prefer a brand new AAA single player IP from the 3D Mario team. We have not gotten that from EPD in god knows how long.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My top 5 wants from Retro is no order (since SF GP is dead in my eyes and I believe they have another game besides MP4).

-3D DK
-WRPG
-big adventure game
-Earthbound be it a remake or new game with Itoi's blessings
-horror game be it Eternal Darkness or a new franchise

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
1ggkp4idsgj21.jpg

Do you think we should continue down this path?

OP
OP

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
Updated 2019 games so far.

• New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 10)
  • Fitness Boxing (Nintendo / Imagineer)
  • Tetris 99 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / Arika)
  • Yoshi's Crafted World (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 2 / Good-Feel)
  • Nintendo Labo: Toy Con 04 - VR Kit (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 4)
  • BoxBoy! + BoxGirl! (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / HAL Laboratory)
  • Super Mario Maker 2 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 10)
  • Astral Chain ( Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / Platinum Games)
  • Pokémon: Sword / Pokémon: Shield (Nintendo / The Pokémon Company / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / Game Freak)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 3)

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
This is still a good thread to discuss what the first party studios are up to.

Like, what is Retro doing?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I know there are lots of Metroid fans and they want another 2D Metroid game but as a Metroid hater, I want MercurySteam to be busy with something else instead: Kıd Icarus. Full 3D character slasher like DMC or God of War but in KI style. Lots of puzzles and tough boss battles. Similar environments and artstyle with Uprising. But no boring on rail shooting segments. Just good old adventure/slasher game. Zelda meets DMC.

The Three

Sep 11, 2018
It would be funny if they did Metroid Prime Trilogy HD (are we even confident in that being real anymore?) themselves.

I mean, this would make sense. They would have all of the original assets on hand. They still have people who worked on the original games. A remaster of three games is something that could definitely have taken a while.

And maybe in the course of remastering the games they were able to recognise the pros and cons of the original trilogy and formulate a great way to expand on the series with Metroid Prime 4.

OP
OP

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
I know there are lots of Metroid fans and they want another 2D Metroid game but as a Metroid hater, I want MercurySteam to be busy with something else instead: Kıd Icarus. Full 3D character slasher like DMC or God of War but in KI style. Lots of puzzles and tough boss battles. Similar environments and artstyle with Uprising. But no boring on rail shooting segments. Just good old adventure/slasher game. Zelda meets DMC.

I could see a Wario Land remake. That would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.