• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I could see a Wario Land remake. That would make sense.

It does not. More 2D platformers? Everywhere you look at eShop is 2D platformers. And we got indies getting almost as good as Nintendo at this job. Nintendo, having much more money and resources than indies should focus on genres that are out of smaller devs reach: 3D games. 3D platformers and slashers.

If there's going to be a Wario game, it should be a 3D platformer. Wario deserves his own "odyssey".

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
So we currently have Yoshi in March, Labo VR Kit 4 and Box Boy in April, and Mario Maker 2 in June,
nothing for now in May from Nintendo, and something like Pikmin 3 or MPT HD would perfectly fit like May release.

oracion

Jan 7, 2018
Tokyo
https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/5c9bd56d-3e21-11e9-b104-0a6d14145cb1.html

00001503_1_main.png

00001503_3_book2v2.png

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
They were almost 100% spot-on with WarioWare Gold and Link's Awakening remake could have been moved from 3DS to Switch but those two weren't very difficult to guess. Wario Land VB on the other hand...
Unless we see the Wario Land VB remake happen (either on the 3DS as the leak stated or revived on the Switch with VR), I just think that stuff was all a lucky guess. While the details for WarioWare add up (besides a few small inaccuracies), I find it very strange that so much would have changed in regards to the other two games (reveal and release timing delays, cancelled marketing plans, a system change, etc). I don't buy that.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unless we see the Wario Land VB remake happen (either on the 3DS as the leak stated or revived on the Switch with VR), I just think that stuff was all a lucky guess. While the details for WarioWare add up (besides a few small inaccuracies), I find it very strange that so much would have changed in regards to the other two games (reveal timing delays, cancelled marketing plans, a system change, etc). I don't buy that.

Oh, I am also 99% sure that it was a lucky guess based on sensible speculation and/or maybe they just added more stuff to the WarioWare Gold rumour to obfuscate.

But I personally wouldn't be surprised if some 3DS games were moved to the Switch once they realized how successful it was and how the 3DS basically tanked in sales.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Oh, I am also 99% sure that it was a lucky guess based on sensible speculation and/or maybe they just added more stuff to the WarioWare Gold rumour to obfuscate.

But I personally wouldn't be surprised if some 3DS games were moved to the Switch once they realized how successful it was and how the 3DS basically tanked in sales.

They were able to guess Dillon's 3rd game as well, so there might be some truth to the whole Wario Land remake, even if it might've been cancelled/rebooted/moved to another system.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
They were able to guess Dillon's 3rd game as well, so there might be some truth to the whole Wario Land remake, even if it might've been cancelled/rebooted/moved to another system.
Actually, Dillon 3 was already revealed in the Japanese September 2017 Direct before that post was made (which is why they specified that it will be announced for the west).

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
We already know what that looks like. It was shown in/right after the Direct.
DzUGfu8WsA0D97g.jpg

NA:

4nMwyEV.jpg
Ah, I see, I completely missed that. Well, it could've been worse, besides the fact that we're getting shafted with a bloody USB sound selection instead of the proper CD, but well, it's a tradition for EU collector's editions to miss cool items in favour of inane badge pin sets lol.

I'm definitely not salty LMAO

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Still think there's truth to it. Games being moved happens all the time, and HD development could justify delays.
I guess so, but in this case it just seems too unrealistic of a scenario. Plans for special edition and console bundle releases of Link's Awakening scrapped completely, a mobile Zelda game delayed as well, Wario Land VB supposedly being delayed/cancelled/whatever so close to the release date (Late 2017 - Q2 2018) while WarioWare ended up releasing a bit later than the leak implied.

I'd love to be wrong (because a VB Wario Land remake would be great; even Skip wouldn't be able mess it up too bad), but again, I don't know if I can buy this.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Well that explains that.

It should still happen though.
You're definitely right there. If the 3DS really dies without getting a Virtual Boy collection or any remake/re-release of a VB game, they really missed a great opportunity there (at least until we find out if Labo VR will support proper first-party games; then the dream comes back to life).

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Updated 2019 games so far.

• New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 10)
  • Fitness Boxing (Nintendo / Imagineer)
  • Tetris 99 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / Arika)
  • Yoshi's Crafted World (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 2 / Good-Feel)
  • Nintendo Labo: Toy Con 04 - VR Kit (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 4)
  • BoxBoy! + BoxGirl! (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / HAL Laboratory)
  • Super Mario Maker 2 (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 10)
  • Astral Chain ( Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / Platinum Games)
  • Pokémon: Sword / Pokémon: Shield (Nintendo / The Pokémon Company / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / Game Freak)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD PG No. 3)
No Fire Emblem?

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018

• Pokémon: Sword / Pokémon: Shield (Nintendo / The Pokémon Company / Nintendo EPD PG No. 1 / Game Freak)
I can't read any of the black text in dark mode fyi

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Will Monolith Softs action game be revealed this year? We know they've been working on it with a newly developed second team at the latest since August 2017. A new IP will take longer to make with lots more play testing, engine adjustments (which engine are they using?) Gameplay and story structure need to be created from scratch so that'll take more time to get feedback and fix it up to perfection.

While that is going on, the first division team was finishing up Xenoblade 2 and working on Torna the Golden Country throughout the development up to August 2018. Then that team immediately began development on the next game. So the second division team most likely didnt get too much help from the first team.

Also since there's two games being developed concurrently, it would be inefficient to have both teams simultaneously work on isolated versions of the Xenoblade engine for their games. I doubt they'd be able to crisscross over engine improvements between teams halfway through development of their games. So if both teams were using the Xenoblade 2 engine, then engine improvements would have to be done in isolation, effectively double the amount of work put into improving the engine simply because they have to make two versions of the same engine. Unless both teams have some sort of database to share engine improvements/adjustments to double team one single engine in mid development?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt we'll see their new game this year. I used to think we could see it in the September Direct, but not anymore. I see it revealed in a January/February 2020 direct.

OP
OP

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Grezzo is helping with Link's Awakening? We know they were hiring for some sort of Zelda after all.

What's interesting is that Nintendo was hiring for the Zelda team last Summer. We assumed it was for the BOTW sequel, but could have been for this.

Nov 11, 2017
Italy

Are you sure that Link's Awakening is developed by epd3?!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Any guess what EPD 7 and EPD 9 are working on?

7 maybe doing 2D Metroid?
EPD 9 are almost definitely working on Mario Kart Tour, but I think they might also be preparing some new addition to 8 Deluxe to go along with the release of Tour.

EPD 7 is a bit harder to pick out, but I HOPE they are working on another Tomodachi game or Rhythm Heaven.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
The Arms team is definitely working on something, I seriously doubt Tour is taking up all of the resources on them. They seem to have a turnaround of about 3 years or so, hypothetically speaking, their next game could be ready by next Summer.

I also wonder what studio is doing the animation for the cutscenes in Link's Awakening.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The Arms team is definitely working on something, I seriously doubt Tour is taking up all of the resources on them. They seem to have a turnaround of about 3 years or so, hypothetically speaking, their next game could be ready by next Summer.

I also wonder what studio is doing the animation for the cutscenes in Link's Awakening.
My guess is another new IP. It's too soon for either Mario Kart 9 (due to 8 Deluxe still printing money) or ARMS 2.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
My guess is another new IP. It's too soon for either Mario Kart 9 (due to 8 Deluxe still printing money) or ARMS 2.
I really think we'll start to see that "continued support for evergreen titles" idea mentioned here pop up this year, with a decently sized (paid) expansion to 8 Deluxe.

That might just be wishful thinking though. I just want more Mario Kart.

Status
Not open for further replies.