• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
I'm betting on nearly all nintendo's games being cross gen until the end of 2024
I do wonder if it's more advisable to save the 3D Mario as an exclusive launch title unless they do a BOTW and had planned it as a late Switch game, but then just for the hell of it delay it to be cross-gen, again at launch.

Tears of the Kingdom is obviously out and a late port at launch would not have nearly the same impact.

Nintendo I think at this point can never afford to not have a killer app at launch ever again, each time they lack one, it's gone badly, like on 3DS and Wii U. They need a GOTY contender at launch, even a day 1 cross-gen one.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mario, I think, would depend on when they started development. with Drake taking shape in 2019, then it's possible that Mario could have been made with Drake in mind

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Crazy how little there is, I wonder if the next 3D Mario ia on Switch or if they are going to save it for the next console
ah I see you're new to Nintendo lol

this slate is PACKED compared to what we know at this time of the preceding year normally. you could also be memeing because it's become a predictable meme every time in Q4 people would concern troll with this "omg they have nothing for next year" and then, like clockwork, they'd simply announce things the way they always do and the year would end up stacked pretty much like any other year.

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
I feel like the Nintendo line up we know going into a new calendar year is almsot always the same. Its their Jan - March games and 1 or 2 other things.

The only time we knew a bit more was 2019.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, what's the over and under of a new HW (either a pro or the succ) coinciding with TotK?

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
updated the 2024 slate in the OP

[~~~2024~~~]

Another Code Recollection (Nintendo / Arc System Works(?) / ?)
Detective Pikachu Returns (Nintendo / The Pokémon Company / Creatures Inc.)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong (Nintendo / NST)
Princess Peach: Showtime (Nintendo / ?)
Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass Wave 2: Side Order (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 5)
Luigi's Mansion 2 HD (Nintendo / ?)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Nintendo / Nintendo EPD 6 / Intelligent Systems)

Mario vs DK's NST credit comes from a contractor sharing that they worked on it on instagram, F-Zero 99's credit reveals that was also an NST job, the copyright notice on Paper Mario points out the usual "game developed by IS" credit and we still don't know who is doing Luigi, Peach and now the Another Code remakes aside from Taisuke Kanasaki (ex-Cing from the original) tweeting out he is involved as art director which might imply ArcSys is possibly working on it? Or maybe it's just him. That sometimes happens.