• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
New IPs
New Mature IPs
New Studios

New mature IP from a new Western Studio when?

Headstrong/Kuju didn't appear in any trademarks for the games they made, so I doubt there's any contract. but at the same time, Nintendo seems to be one of those that kill IPs if the studio they worked with leaves/dies

Yeah, does seem like they either don't want to continue in those cases or can't.

Unfortunately, that likely means Chibi-Robo is also dead-dead now. At least we got an amiibo.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Aces doing well hopefully mean Golf is coming soon. And throws in an RPG campaign.

I just hope Camelot would get enough time in this scenario to develop the game so we don't get a relatively bare-bones Mario Golf entry like Aces was a bare-bones Mario Tennis entry at launch. And that was after already having a foundation regarding HD assets with Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, but I should point out my knowledge on this kind of stuff is not high, so please correct me, anybody, if my thinking is flawed.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The dead horse we haven't beaten to death yet is which license should Nintendo try to nab next:

fab98ef271dd80c116662622100698c71904abe2.jpg
s-l640.jpg

GoldenEye007box.jpg
61I18B2JkEL._SX342_.jpg
Major_League_Baseball_Featuring_Ken_Griffey%2C_Jr._Coverart.png

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
The dead horse we haven't beaten to death yet is which license should Nintendo try to nab next:

s-l640.jpg

GoldenEye007box.jpg
61I18B2JkEL._SX342_.jpg
That horse is very much alive and kicking and has way less doom attached to it.

Totally without bias I say that they should go way back and call their buddies at Square Enix to get something rolling with all that Quintet IP that S-E themselves are just sitting on, starting with a remaster compilation. This is totally realistic and basically already confirmed. No, you're delusional!

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That horse is very much alive and kicking and has way less doom attached to it.

Totally without bias I say that they should go way back and call their buddies at Square Enix to get something rolling with all that Quintet IP that S-E themselves are just sitting on, starting with a remaster compilation. This is totally realistic and basically already confirmed. No, you're delusional!

Soul Blazer + Illusion of Gaia + Terranigma Collection?
gladbron.png

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Soul Blazer + Illusion of Gaia + Terranigma Collection?
gladbron.png
I keep throwing the Quintet Quintology around, throwing in both ActRaisers. I bring that up (even just as a joke) since Nintendo was directly involved in bringing out Illusion and Terranigma in the West, where those two were basically received as "Nintendo games" back then, especially in Europe (where NOE's localization and publishing push for RPGs was basically the only way we got any of them). It would only feel right to close the loop like this. But then again, they might just miss the mark when it comes to popularity and IP value when compared with Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Just a wild guess.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo needs to make nice with whoever and get that Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Remastered Collection to happen on Switch.

Other than that no licenses really spring to mind. Star Wars and Marvel seem like the big two right now and they just did MUA3. Maybe they could do an MLB game or something?

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018

s-l640.jpg

GoldenEye007box.jpg
61I18B2JkEL._SX342_.jpg

What's that sound?

Oh, nothing. Just me sighing into the void while whispering "Rogue Squadron".

Nintendo needs to make nice with whoever and get that Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Remastered Collection to happen on Switch.

Other than that no licenses really spring to mind. Star Wars and Marvel seem like the big two right now and they just did MUA3. Maybe they could do an MLB game or something?

Perfect timing, haha.

Also, if we're talking media franchises they could potentially license; Harry Potter, DC, LEGO, or something like that could work.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harry Potter Harry Potter Harry Potter. I can't say this enough. Nintendo get a Harry Potter game on Switch.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I keep throwing the Quintet Quintology around, throwing in both ActRaisers. I bring that up (even just as a joke) since Nintendo was directly involved in bringing out Illusion and Terranigma in the West, where those two were basically received as "Nintendo games" back then, especially in Europe (where NOE's localization and publishing push for RPGs was basically the only way we got any of them). It would only feel right to close the loop like this. But then again, they might just miss the mark when it comes to popularity and IP value when compared with Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Just a wild guess.

Heh. Maybe Square-Enix will eventually remember they own those games once they're done remastering everything else.

What's that sound?

Oh, nothing. Just me sighing into the void while whispering "Rogue Squadron".

Perfect timing, haha.

Also, if we're talking media franchises they could potentially license; Harry Potter, DC, LEGO, or something like that could work.

I think any arrangement where the license is held by WB (Harry Potter, DC, Lego?) is going to come with some caveats because they have their own plans. Star Wars would be difficult because they'd have to go through EA and Disney/LucasArts but maybe still doable. Actually surprised they haven't worked on a Disney property since, uh, Mickey Speedway USA if I'm not mistaken? Feels like there would be a lot of overlap between audiences, especially the Pixar stuff.

Harry Potter Harry Potter Harry Potter. I can't say this enough. Nintendo get a Harry Potter game on Switch.

I doubt WB would lend them Harry Potter for a fully exclusive game. Maybe a timed exclusive like Lego City Undercover though...

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I think any arrangement where the license is held by WB (Harry Potter, DC, Lego?) is going to come with some caveats because they have their own plans. Star Wars would be difficult because they'd have to go through EA and Disney/LucasArts but maybe still doable. Actually surprised they haven't worked on a Disney property since, uh, Mickey Speedway USA if I'm not mistaken? Feels like there would be a lot of overlap between audiences, especially the Pixar stuff.
Marvel is a Disney property

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody played this game before?

gc_freaky_flyers_p_103tot.jpg

There's no chance of it ever being rereleased, is there?

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Nintendo did a Disney licensed Art Academy game a few years ago.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would have said the same thing about Marvel 12 months ago to be honest. I mean, it's unlikely obviously, still.

True, unlike Disney, however, WB actually has a hand in game development and not just licensing. Could work either way depending on their own plans, I guess.

Nintendo did a Disney licensed Art Academy game a few years ago.

You're right and I just remembered the Disney Magical World games for 3DS although they were only the publisher in the West.

vedrua

Oct 26, 2019
It's a real shame that Nintendo seems to see mobile as a piggy bank rather than a way to create smaller-scale, fairly priced and high quality experiences that introduce new audiences to their franchises.
High quality has a cost. People seem to be more attracted by shitty lootboxes and subscriptions than they were by a decent Mario game at a decent price.

A lot of mobile games can't be decent even with talented developers, because of the very nature of the free to play model. Nintendo went for it because they were attacked by this crap and had to react in this market. It's an horrible news but hey, that's not "conservative" so I guess it's wonderful.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
No reason at all to think that a building is specifically being made to house employees of a studio that ran into trouble five or so months after construction began. I guess such employees of a hypothetical rescue could use it as office space, but that doesn't really have anything to do with the construction itself.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Just passing by to say (again) that I would be very happy with a new 2D Metroid from Mercury Steam for the Switch.

Kisses.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
No one owns the TMNT video game license, right? Maybe Nintendo can obtain it and put out a TMNT collection (TMNT NES, TMNT Arcade, TMNT II NES, TMNT III NES, TMNT Turtles in Time Arcade, TMNT IV SNES). If 1up arcade can obtain the licence and arcade games, I don't see why Nintendo can't. Maybe even work with Wayforward or IntiCreates for a sprite-based TMNT V.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one owns the TMNT video game license, right? Maybe Nintendo can obtain it and put out a TMNT collection (TMNT NES, TMNT Arcade, TMNT II NES, TMNT III NES, TMNT Turtles in Time Arcade, TMNT IV SNES). If 1up arcade can obtain the licence and arcade games, I don't see why Nintendo can't. Maybe even work with Wayforward or IntiCreates for a sprite-based TMNT V.
they don't own those games. those are Konami

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldnt Konami have some sort of a say?

If it happened, day 1

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
they don't own those games. those are Konami

I know, but 1up arcade was able to obtain the license to use TMNT Arcade game (which is TMNT II NES) and Turtles in Time (TMNT IV SNES). I'm sure if 1up arcade could obtain the license and agreement from Konami, then why couldn't Nintendo? Sure Konami would want part of the cut, but I don't see why they would object. They have licensed their ip to Nintendo before (Momotaro Dentetsu), they don't own the TMNT license anymore so its not like the are making any new TMNT games, and It would be free money for them.

People still care about those green ninjas

It would be nostalgia for NES and SNES owners, like the Disney collection Capcom put out.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017