• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Nintendo First Party Thread |OT3| Internal x External x Publishing - What's cooking?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, sorry for not clarifying! It would be a live show at a theme park auditorium. One with digital and practical effects and the like.

Alicia Stella is the biggest name in leaks on Universal Studios projects, and she has been mentioning that Universal is considering it. In her words, it is something the creator of Smash is apparently pushing for.

So if that attraction has character meet and greets and a gift shop, I could see Samus merch ending up in the parks since Samus is one of the most featured Smash characters.
ah that’s.... interesting!

also It feels weird to read “creator of smash” instead of Sakurai lol

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ah that’s.... interesting!

also It feels weird to read “creator of smash” instead of Sakurai lol
Yeah. lol I'd guess she refers to him that way just because for theme park fans who follow her but also aren't up to date on Nintendo IP, the significance of Sakurai's name may not be immediately obvious to them.

I think I remember Sakurai having a recent book where he commented on Super Nintendo World, specifically about how the budgets for the parks is on a scale unseen by video game budgets. (I think it was like the park is more expensive than the lifetime budget of the entire Smash Bros. series and then some?) So he's definitely showing some interest in the park so far.

Edit: Found it here.

Dark Cloud

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I noticed about Monolith during their hiring is that they hire graduates straight from school, which is great. Earlier this year I believe they hired around 8 students. I really like that. Now, with Monolith doing a remaster of Xenoblade Chronicles all these kids get to familiarize themselves with working on something easier.

ILikeFeet

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I noticed about Monolith during their hiring is that they hire graduates straight from school, which is great. Earlier this year I believe they hired around 8 students. I really like that. Now, with Monolith doing a remaster of Xenoblade Chronicles all these kids get to familiarize themselves with working on something easier.
lots of companies do this in Japan

ILikeFeet

Oct 25, 2017
new hiring ads from Next Level Games. they seem to already be on their next game
  • Technical Artist
  • UI Artist
  • Gameplay Programmer
  • Network Programmer
  • Producer