• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, sorry for not clarifying! It would be a live show at a theme park auditorium. One with digital and practical effects and the like.

Alicia Stella is the biggest name in leaks on Universal Studios projects, and she has been mentioning that Universal is considering it. In her words, it is something the creator of Smash is apparently pushing for.

So if that attraction has character meet and greets and a gift shop, I could see Samus merch ending up in the parks since Samus is one of the most featured Smash characters.
ah that's.... interesting!

also It feels weird to read "creator of smash" instead of Sakurai lol

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ah that's.... interesting!

also It feels weird to read "creator of smash" instead of Sakurai lol

Yeah. lol I'd guess she refers to him that way just because for theme park fans who follow her but also aren't up to date on Nintendo IP, the significance of Sakurai's name may not be immediately obvious to them.

I think I remember Sakurai having a recent book where he commented on Super Nintendo World, specifically about how the budgets for the parks is on a scale unseen by video game budgets. (I think it was like the park is more expensive than the lifetime budget of the entire Smash Bros. series and then some?) So he's definitely showing some interest in the park so far.

Edit: Found it here.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I noticed about Monolith during their hiring is that they hire graduates straight from school, which is great. Earlier this year I believe they hired around 8 students. I really like that. Now, with Monolith doing a remaster of Xenoblade Chronicles all these kids get to familiarize themselves with working on something easier.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I noticed about Monolith during their hiring is that they hire graduates straight from school, which is great. Earlier this year I believe they hired around 8 students. I really like that. Now, with Monolith doing a remaster of Xenoblade Chronicles all these kids get to familiarize themselves with working on something easier.
lots of companies do this in Japan

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
new hiring ads from Next Level Games. they seem to already be on their next game
  • Technical Artist
  • UI Artist
  • Gameplay Programmer
  • Network Programmer
  • Producer

laziboi

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2019
Your Anus
Tanabe still supercedes them for particular projects though so if he wants them, he'll get them. Tanabe seemed to have his role step back after Terasaki was promoted so the Western productions fell to Nonaka.

There was a rumor 3 years ago saying that Tanabe and Retro Studios were no longer on good terms, so Nintendo transfered Retro to a new production team. While that rumor is most likely BS, It does seem that Tanabe is largely no longer responsible Western developed/oriented games.

Good point, but Nonaka/Izuno are doing Western productions. Shoot they handled MUA3.

I thought UA3 was mostly an NoA production?

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo

This is very common in Japan. Companies even recruit young graduates without a specific job opening or designation, and later ascribe them to a specific position created for them. I don't know if video games companies also operate like that.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Star Fox or F-Zero could be a good fit. But even more likely a fit might be Nintendo Championship Racing.. BUT it could also be Mario Poker.

Why would Next Level do something like SF or F-Zero when the their best work is clearly down through their animations.

Give them a Wario World sequel or something that would really benefit from strong animations.

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Yeah that's where I should've clarified. I don't want NLG to make a traditional Star Fox. If they make it I want the changes we've talked about previously.

Ah, well fair enough then if you want them to make something non-traditional.

--

Thinking about 2020:

EPD: Pikmin 3 port, Animal Crossing + update/DLC, Brain Age (with indieszero), BotW2 (with Monolith), Mario Maker updates (finally), Famicon Detective Club remakes (with Mages)
Creatures: Detective Pikachu project
indieszero: Brain Age, Sushi Striker 2 for 2021 w/online
NST: 3D World port (logical step after Captain Toad, timed for theme-park launch)
IntSys: FE3H DLC, new Paper Mario or Color Splash port with re-worked battle system for single screen.
Koei: FE3H DLC, MUA3 DLC, with a Hyrule Warriors sequel for 2021.
NdCube: Wii Party successor or SMP2.
Monolith Soft: Xenoblade Chronicles DX, BotW co-dev, and then Xenoblade 3, Xenoblade X 2 and/or "new IP" for 2021.
Next Level: Luigi's Mansion multiplayer DLC, next project in 2022
Platinum: Bayo 3

That'd give them about 9 retail 1st party games for next year for the West, 11 if the Famicon remakes make it out here in time, which is comparable to this year if you ignore publishing deals like DQXI and such.
I'd still expect a few unpredictable surprises, like MUA3 was, eShop games (Tetris, BoxBoy, Stretchers) and publishing stuff like YW4 in the West too.

Beyond next year:

HAL: Kirby for early 2021; I think HD is going to make them a little slower than we're used to.
Game Freak: DP(Pt) remakes for 2021
Good-Feel: They're not super fast when it comes to releasing projects so I'm not expecting anything until 2022, but maybe working with UE4 will help speed them up.
Grezzo: I predict they'll have a year off next year after releasing 4 games in 5 years and their 2021 will be Ever Oasis 1.5, a HD version of OoT or a remake of For Whom The Frog Bell Tolls (my dream).
Camelot: Golf for 2021

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Sushi Striker 2 for 2021 w/online
ShyThoroughBeardeddragon-size_restricted.gif

(sushi striker already has online btw)

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Ideally the new content be a new post game world built around purple and white pikman

But it will be multiplayer stuff

None of the ports have really had new single player level type stuff

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Seems to me that Pikmin 3 port is not made by EPD, Emily claimed that company which is doing it, is also adding new content.

Well, Brain Age is also co-developed but until we get confirmation of a partner I'm not going to assume anything. I doubt the outsourcing company is designing the new content without EPD's oversight at least.

ShyThoroughBeardeddragon-size_restricted.gif

(sushi striker already has online btw)

Hey, now they have a base it should be fairly cheap to build on. (Forgot it had online, though)

Ideally the new content be a new post game world built around purple and white pikman

But it will be multiplayer stuff

None of the ports have really had new single player level type stuff

Toad got DLC at least.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
So, I'm thinking about picking up a switch this coming Black Friday. The only game I'm really specifically interested in is Breath of the Wild, even though I haven't played a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. Would you say this game on its own (plus perhaps its sequel) justifies the purchase? SMTV is kind of also on my radar, I suppose, but that seems to be a ways off.

Also, what are the odds that a Switch Pro will pop up anytime soon?

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
So, I'm thinking about picking up a switch this coming Black Friday. The only game I'm really specifically interested in is Breath of the Wild, even though I haven't played a Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. Would you say this game on its own (plus perhaps its sequel) justifies the purchase? SMTV is kind of also on my radar, I suppose, but that seems to be a ways off.

1) Yes but also ...no? Like, there are dozens upon dozens of great games to fill in the plate. If you've waited this long, you can wait longer.
2) soon? 0.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

For me BotW justified the purchase. One of the best games I've ever played. You don't like any other games on Switch?

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Star Fox seems like a dead property to me atm. It was already on life support before the Wii U game failed followed by the minor failure of Starlink.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
For me BotW justified the purchase. One of the best games I've ever played. You don't like any other games on Switch?
Sort of? But not in a "I really want to play that game!" kind of way, as is the case with Zelda. It's a lot of stuff that I'd be willing to try out based on the praise alone, but that are generally big unknowns, I suppose. At any rate, it's only the exclusives I'm interested in, seeing as how I probably have everything third party I could possibly be interested in on the PS4.
1) Yes but also ...no? Like, there are dozens upon dozens of great games to fill in the plate. If you've waited this long, you can wait longer.
2) soon? 0.
I might just go with the Lite version then. Would I lose out on "a better experience" if I play stuff like Zelda in handheld mode? And what's the playing experience like compared to the Vita?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Star Fox seems like a dead property to me atm. It was already on life support before the Wii U game failed followed by the minor failure of Starlink.
they can still revive the series by making it a genre people actually play. Starlink hurt itself by tying in the toys to life stuff. Star Fox is what gave the game relevance

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I might just go with the Lite version then. Would I lose out on "a better experience" if I play stuff like Zelda in handheld mode? And what's the playing experience like compared to the Vita?
Well you have all the buttons and no compromises. There's mountains of people who swear by the "I've never once docked my Switch" line, even for games that have some really annoying flaws in handheld mode. Just brace yourself since switching eco-systems is always gonna be jarring ("why doesn't XYZ work like it does on my default platform") for a while.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they can still revive the series by making it a genre people actually play. Starlink hurt itself by tying in the toys to life stuff. Star Fox is what gave the game relevance
That was my issue with Starlink. It was the toys...I'd imagine it hinder other people too. Star Fox similar to that without toys I'd imagine do very well.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was my issue with Starlink. It was the toys...I'd imagine it hinder other people too. Star Fox similar to that without toys I'd imagine do very well.
the weird thing is that it worked without it though dlc. they probably should have angled the game without the toys and just had them as "physical extras" or some shit