• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure only us on this forum and maybe some others would get mad if retro did another DK game. So I dunno why they would hold it back just for that.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty only us and maybe some others would get mad if retro did another DK game. So I dunno why they would hold it back just for that.

I know I'd be hyped for another DK game. Hopefully Nintendo realized Tropical Freeze under performed because it was on the Wii U, and not because of angry internet go-ers.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
I'm pretty sure only us on this forum and maybe some others would get mad if retro did another DK game. So I dunno why they would hold it back just for that.

I do think there would be a reasonable amount of people that would unfavorably compare a new DKC with the more ambitious BOTW and Odyssey. Even more considering that Yoshi and Kirby are in the works as well.

Not that DKC doesn't deserve respect (it definitely does), but to some, Retro is held to really high standards, and they might not think DKC meets those.

MetalLord

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just some things he says in SMO. Maybe it's not next year, but I feel like it's a hint he's getting another game.

Oh god, captain toad is back :)

I do think Retro is actually working on two projects, and that one of them is basically done but would generate negative press if unveiled by itself (DKC, most likely). Essentially, it's the Metroid strategy of E3.

This would also explain why they're taking so long to announce something. This second project probably started last year and is not yet ready to showncase, and with the first project almost completed, most of its developers could have been allocated to the second project to speed up production.

Miyamoto did state that Retro could probably work on two projects simultaneously, but I don't think he meant in perfect parallel.

Im really think this is the case, the second game is narrative heavy, while the first could be dkc3

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So seeing how that Monolith Soft interview went from Game Informer, would it be possible that the director of the Xenoblade games is not working on the medieval action game? He doesn't talk as if he's intending a new IP, more like he's going to do another Xenoblade after 2. Would Monolith Soft have two development teams now With two game directors?

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
So seeing how that Monolith Soft interview went from Game Informer, would it be possible that the director of the Xenoblade games is not working on the medieval action game? He doesn't talk as if he's intending a new IP, more like he's going to do another Xenoblade after 2. Would Monolith Soft have two development teams now With two game directors?

Things are always complicated with Monolith-Soft. I wish they would be more clear about who is working on what (I wouldn't mind if Honne's studio is actually developing the new IP though).

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is I'd just expect a Tropical Freeze sequel to have been definitely ready for this fall, and probably earlier. That would be four years since TF was ready in fall 2013. Retro was able to finish TF three years after the original DKCR released, which also came out three years after Corruption, which also came three years after Echoes. Retro had a three year cadence down fairly well and it will already be 4+ years from their last release this time around. TF was already HD. So there isn't some great technical leap they are making with the transition to Switch.

I think what probably explains the extended development time is a shift to a different sort of project. It isn't a shift back to Metroid Prime. Perhaps that is a 3D Donkey Kong game, to complement 3D Mario as opposed to 2D Mario. Perhaps it is a shift to a new IP for Retro and possibly Nintendo too. Perhaps it is a radical shift in sort of game, i.e. away from a tight, primarily single player campaign towards a more open or multiplayer type game. I think something like this is going on, personally. I will be surprised if it is just a straight TF successor game.

Or perhaps Retro just had issues this time around and I'm off base in my guesses.

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen a lot of predictions of the Switch's first party lineup next year, and all of them seem to follow the same formula of it just being a big Nintendo fanboy wet-dream again. Nothing new, nothing exciting, just traditional IP and ports. Now I understand Nintendo is hard to predict with their yearly software output, but I don't think we should keep our predictions that conservative. Nintendo has alluded to multiple times already that there's going to be more than just the traditional Nintendo franchises next year. Plus, with the 3DS on it's way out, I think Nintendo will be releasing even more Switch games in 2018 than this year. Currently, they've been keeping the Switch healthy with mostly one first party game a month, but they can easily up that to 2 or 3 a month, with several of them being new IP. Of course, they'll have to schedule accordingly and carefully since third parties are in the picture as well.

I think 2018 will be another great year for the Switch, but if your going in expecting just a bunch of typical Nintendo IP, then you might be setting your expectations too low.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a lot of predictions of the Switch's first party lineup next year, and all of them seem to follow the same formula of it just being a big Nintendo fanboy wet-dream again. Nothing new, nothing exciting, just traditional IP and ports. Now I understand Nintendo is hard to predict with their yearly software output, but I don't think we should keep our predictions that conservative. Nintendo has alluded to multiple times already that there's going to be more than just the traditional Nintendo franchises next year. Plus, with the 3DS on it's way out, I think Nintendo will be releasing even more Switch games in 2018 than this year. Currently, they've been keeping the Switch healthy with mostly one first party game a month, but they can easily up that to 2 or 3 a month, with several of them being new IP. Of course, they'll have to schedule accordingly and carefully since third parties are in the picture as well.

I think 2018 will be another great year for the Switch, but if your going in expecting just a bunch of typical Nintendo IP, then you might be setting your expectations too low.
That's my hope. I want new stuff, not the billionth 2d platforms Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, etc. I want more Splatoon, ARMS, Octopath Traveler, No More Heroes. Stuff that is new or different experiences. Please NLG and Retro, pull through with something surprising, not another predictable sequel

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Nintendo will crowd every month. I don't think they will crowd attempts to bring out new IP. They are going to give their major titles and major new IP initiatives space.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Why stop there? Nintendo can easily release 2 or 3 Switch games a month. They've put out several 3DS games the same month as a big first party Switch game, so they can easily do it.

You can't compare 3DS games to HD ones. Even if they are used to it by now and completely focused on the Switch, that doesn't mean they can pump dozens of games every six months or so like in the 90's.

Oct 27, 2017
You can't compare 3DS games to HD ones. Even if they are used to it by now and completely focused on the Switch, that doesn't mean they can pump dozens of games every six months or so like in the 90's.
Nintendo games tend to have much shorter development cycles and budgets than games from most big publishers, so they can still put out quite a lot in a single year compared to a company like EA for example. Plus, with Nintendo embracing third party middleware like Unreal Engine 4 and Unity, they can potentially get games out even faster if they choose to. Besides, I'm not saying Nintendo should be putting out multiple AAA projects every month or so, that'd be ridiculous. But a AAA game every few months or so, with smaller scale/more experimental projects accompanying them or filling in gaps when needed would be a very likely scenario.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017

I've been keeping one new IP in my rotation for 2018, but it has the caveat that the core Nintendo crowd is probably going to loathe it and call it a fall from grace. . .which will in turn be a massive overreaction.

They've outright stated they've got multiple, but in the midst of my casual evidence eyeing Nintendo implying they have something "un-gamelike" mixed into the middle of their pool of unannounced new IPs is the closest I can get to finding anything with a chance of showing next year any indication of an identity.

Why stop there? Nintendo can easily release 2 or 3 Switch games a month. They've put out several 3DS games the same month as a big first party Switch game, so they can easily do it.
I'm not really so confident on that, HD development is going to slow a lot of teams down, especially ones only used to the 3DS. Considering Kirby Star Allies is April at the earliest and the only other game we know enough about to even be feasible for an earlier release is Yoshi, I don't think they're even capable of releasing twelve titles a year as it is even between all of their partners and subsidiaries. They've also stated they want to keep a steady pace on Switch titles, so I can't see them releasing all of them in a big pile.

I'm concerned about Q1 potentially being a drought right now even with 2018 as a whole at least looking as though it will fare far better than an off year. Half the console teams are emptied out, and the other half and the handheld teams clearly haven't had enough time to finish what they're doing.

I do think it's almost certain to pick up later in the year, but we're at a point where both January and February titles should be out in the open and there's nothing.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not really so confident on that, HD development is going to slow a lot of teams down, especially ones only used to the 3DS. Considering Kirby Star Allies is April at the earliest and the only other game we know enough about to even be feasible for an earlier release is Yoshi, I don't think they're even capable of releasing twelve titles a year as it is even between all of their partners and subsidiaries. They've also stated they want to keep a steady pace on Switch titles, so I can't see them releasing all of them in a big pile.

I'm concerned about Q1 potentially being a drought right now even with 2018 as a whole at least looking as though it will fare far better than an off year. Half the console teams are emptied out, and the other half and the handheld teams clearly haven't had enough time to finish what they're doing.

I do think it's almost certain to pick up later in the year, but we're at a point where both January and February titles should be out in the open and there's nothing.

Nintendo has moved on from the HD hurdle, and should be able to get games out at a much quicker pace now. And like I said, their games usually take a lot less time to develop than most major companies. There's also the fact that Nintendo deliberately made the Switch as easy to develop for as possible, allowing for small teams to create games in a short amount of time, so smaller teams at Nintendo will certainly benefit from this. Plus, there's always the eShop, which allows Nintendo to release small-scale Switch games with ease.

Nintendo is also very secretive about what they have in development, especially these days. This time last year, the only game we knew was coming for the Switch in 2017, was Breath of the Wild. Even looking back at the initial reveal trailer, Super Mario Odyssey was a big question mark at the time, it was unclear whether Splatoon 2 was a port or an actual sequel, and we didn't even know ARMS, 1-2 Switch, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Pokken Tournament DX, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Snipperclips even existed at that time, let alone were set for a release this early in the console's life. Nintendo holds their cards close to their chest, so who knows what they actually have in development.

They've outright stated they've got multiple, but in the midst of my casual evidence eyeing Nintendo implying they have something "un-gamelike" mixed into the middle of their pool of unannounced new IPs is the closest I can get to finding anything with a chance of showing next year any indication of an identity.

According to Koizumi, he told Famitsu to expect more than traditional Nintendo IP next year. Which leads me to believe we'll be seeing more new IP from Nintendo next year.

Last edited:

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

Thing is, there's not much to speculate about when it comes to new IP, since a new IP could be literally anything.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Although Nintendo themselves have moved from the HD hurdle, some of their partners haven't, which could reduce output compared to 3DS. HAL and Intelligent Systems for example haven't made many HD games, although both studios should be big/experienced enough to handle the transition well. Next Level also has little HD work and Alpha Dream has probably none.

Also GameFreak, duh.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I appreciate your optimism, but what you're suggesting here does not seem realistic.

I'm not expecting 2018 to come close to 2017 on Switch. 2017 benefitted from a long build up while they wound down Wii U software. 2018 won't have that advantage.

Brock

Oct 28, 2017
Pewter City Gym
I can see Animal Crossing release on Switch for Summer or Winter 2018. With the release of AC Pocket Camp this month, I think Nintendo will try build the awareness and popularity of the franchise to casual consumers and non Nintendo gamers.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
All Takahashi said about a future game was that if they do more story-driven Xenoblades, they'll likely be numbered titles... which we kinda already expected. He didn't really say that they're leaning towards doing that for their next game. In fact, Kojima's comments would imply they haven't quite chosen what to do next yet, and are just starting to think about it.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm not expecting 2018 to come close to 2017 on Switch. 2017 benefitted from a long build up while they wound down Wii U software. 2018 won't have that advantage.
If Nintendo can't match their 2017 output they're doing something wrong tbh. They only have seven* new games for the Switch in 2017. And of those seven games, some were smaller titles like 1-2 Switch and Snipperclips, one was a sequel that was heavily based on the original in Splatoon 2, and another was a game that had been delayed since 2015 for the Wii U. We should get more games in 2018 imo.

*I'm not going to count ports of the 2013 Mario Kart or 2015 Pokken (which wasn't even developed by Nintendo anyway), while Mario+Rabbids and Fire Emblem Warriors were third party efforts.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate your optimism, but what you're suggesting here does not seem realistic.

Well as pessimistic as I am about their scenario, I wouldn't quite go that far in the other direction either.

We did only know one first party game prior to 2017 from the Switch out of, what, ten? Including three games made by outside studios. We currently know three for 2018 and a fourth flailing around in limbo.

I don't expect two 97 Metacritic games from Nintendo in one year again next year (or like, ever again), but I don't expect output to more than mildly drop in volume if that from this one either between a large spattering of implied projects and the handheld teams we do know are converging. I just think consistent support is going to be heavily lopsided towards the latter half of the year and the established IPs will be 3DS headliners moreso than console ones. 2018 will be a clear 3DS IP wave in the same way 2017 is an identifiably Wii U one.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All Takahashi said about a future game was that if they do more story-driven Xenoblades, they'll likely be numbered titles... which we kinda already expected. He didn't really say that they're leaning towards doing that for their next game. In fact, Kojima's comments would imply they haven't quite chosen what to do next yet, and are just starting to think about it.
Which is interesting if that's really the case, what does that make those concept art drawings for the action game?

Deleted member 62

We also have Feffe who said that Bandai Namco is working on MP4 in a new umbrella team, similar as to how Project M (Team Ninja x Nintendo) worked on Metroid Other M. Those comments were made a few months ago.

MarcyPoos

Oct 25, 2017

They COULD do it but SHOULD they do it?

Why would they crowd out their games and spread the spend between games rather than maximise sales of each release? This is the very reason they are so particular with how and when they reveal their games and why Mario Kart wasn't a Switch launch title. Nintendo like to make events of their big releases.

This is why you won't see Pokémon and Metroid and Smash all release next holiday for example. Maybe you'll get two of them even if they're all ready. The other would be pushed to the next earliest release slot they feel would maximise the sales of that particular title. Probably March.

The other thing to consider is that Switch development will be a larger investment of resources compared with 3DS and the average development time will likely balloon from 2 years on 3DS to 3 years on Switch. Yes Nintendo is likely going to begin releasing more games on Switch than they have on any other platform but it's probably going to be a 50% increase rather than 100%.

We'll have a far clearer picture of where things are headed towards the end of next year but I think it's safe to say that an average of 15+ games a year published by Nintendo on Switch is a very safe bet, 2 - 3 per month is not.[/QUOTE]

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We also have Feffe who said that Bandai Namco is working on MP4 in a new umbrella team, similar as to how Project M (Team Ninja x Nintendo) worked on Metroid Other M. Those comments were made a few months ago.

I would've never guessed Bandai Namco was doing it. I wonder how far along they are on it. All Nintendo said it was a new development team.

Also, this clears up what other teams like NLG might be doing in that MP4 isn't their game.

MarcyPoos

Oct 25, 2017
Also, this clears up what other teams like NLG might be doing in that MP4 isn't their game.

I still believe Luigi's Mansion 3 for sometime in 2019 makes the most sense for NLG. We'll see.

Edit: Also a thing to ponder related to new IP.

I feel we'll get something new next year that uses the IR motion camera. That had to be included for something specific I feel and a game with a mechanic built around it makes sense.

DoubleYou

Oct 26, 2017
So what if... Retro was working on the next 2D Mario game?
It would look similar to Tropical Freeze, but with Mario. NSMB got stale, and Nintendo knows it. Who else but Retro to bring in some of that tropical freshness?

Probably not

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Oh boy, I'm not sure if I want a Metroid Prime 4 from Namco. I mean, they could pull it off but this is not the kind of franchise I see them being good with.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still believe Luigi's Mansion 3 for sometime in 2019 makes the most sense for NLG. We'll see.

Edit: Also a thing to ponder related to new IP.

I feel we'll get something new next year that uses the IR motion camera. That had to be included for something specific I feel and a game with a mechanic built around it makes sense.

Well someone seemed to hint there's a reason Little Mac wasn't in ARMS. If that's the case they could be making a new Punch Out because the one they did on the Wii was very good and sold great. I'm hoping for Luigis Mansion 3 though.

So what if... Retro was working on the next 2D Mario game?
It would look similar to Tropical Freeze, but with Mario. NSMB got stale, and Nintendo knows it. Who else but Retro to bring in some of that tropical freshness?

Probably not

Eh I don't see it. Nintendo can make 2D Mario on their own.

Oh boy, I'm not sure if I want a Metroid Prime 4 from Namco. I mean, they could pull it off but this is not the kind of franchise I see them being good with.

Yeah idk how I feel, but I'll trust Nintendo they'll get it right this time with Bandai unlike Team Ninja. It's more on Nintendo than Bandai of course.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I would've never guessed Bandai Namco was doing it. I wonder how far along they are on it. All Nintendo said it was a new development team.

I don't know why anyone thought NLG was developing MP4. They took 3-4 years to develop 3DS/Wii games. They are good at B-tier games. Not AAA big budget HD titles.

Also unsure why everyone is jumping at Bamco making MP4. That hint is more likely pointing in the direction of Smash 4 port.

As for Retro, I could see them making a major fully fleshed out sequel to Diddy Kong Racing. Still find it bizarre that out of all characters Diddy Kong is left out of MK8 but has a costume in Odyssey. I think Retro could make a really in depth and fleshed out game out of the concept. Depending on execution, it could be better than a 3D DK platformer. Still having a fleshed out single player adventure as well as multiplayer mode. Perhaps even taking things from the cancelled Donkey Kong Racing on GCN.

I'd prefer the 2D DK games just ported to Switch. Perhaps add some extra content like another world. However, Tropical Freeze is the best 2D platformer I've ever played by far. It deserves better than what it did on Wii U. Also felt gaming media pushed the narrative of complaining that it was too difficult. I'm not great at 2D platformer at all. I will die tons of times in even the easy NSMB series. However, I had an amazing time with Tropical Freeze and even beat all the bonus levels 100% the game.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, to be fair, a new Metroid from fucking MercurySteam sounded like a wreck after how their Castlevania games turned out, but Samus Returns was pretty solid.

It just depends on good direction from the higher ups, in this case Tanabe. Let's hope he's learned a few things after how Federation Force went.

Also unsure why everyone is jumping at Bamco making MP4. That hint is more likely pointing in the direction of Smash 4 port.

Uh....

You know what's funny.

I completely forgot about Smash Bros until you all reminded me.

Last edited:

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
If Nintendo can't match their 2017 output they're doing something wrong tbh. They only have seven* new games for the Switch in 2017. And of those seven games, some were smaller titles like 1-2 Switch and Snipperclips, one was a sequel that was heavily based on the original in Splatoon 2, and another was a game that had been delayed since 2015 for the Wii U. We should get more games in 2018 imo.

*I'm not going to count ports of the 2013 Mario Kart or 2015 Pokken (which wasn't even developed by Nintendo anyway), while Mario+Rabbids and Fire Emblem Warriors were third party efforts.
Developing six games in seven months in the HD era is extremely prolific (especially on the back of launching a new console) you're being unfair here.
If you look at the total number of internally developed games for other home consoles you may be in for a surprise...
(14 games in 10 years for the N64 for example)

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
They need a new game every month. With no more 3DS games, there is no excuse.
I was responding to the idea of dropping 2-3 every month including possibly multiple new IP.

Unless we are talking low-ambition titles, it is probably not a good idea to crowd your new IP. If they are things the size of Arms or Splatoon, I'd hazard Nintendo will space them and not stuff them with things like Mario Kart. That's my point.They need to be given room to garner attention and become a big thing.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why anyone thought NLG was developing MP4. They took 3-4 years to develop 3DS/Wii games. They are good at B-tier games. Not AAA big budget HD titles.

Zhuge clearly said he forgot all about Smash after he hinted with the "4" so no Smash wouldn't fit the bill going by what he said.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Other franchises that could work for Namco:

Pikmin - Pikmin 4 has been mentioned quite a bit by Miyamoto, so we know it exists. However, I see little reason for Namco to work on it instead of Nintendo themselves.

Kid Icarus - No 4 in the name but the next KI will be the 4th. Given that Sakurai did the last one and already worked with Namco on Smash, it could be a possibility.

Golden Sun - Kind of a dead franchise so I doubt it but there's a small chance they could be aiding Camelot with a GS game.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Yeah idk how I feel, but I'll trust Nintendo they'll get it right this time with Bandai unlike Team Ninja. It's more on Nintendo than Bandai of course.

I thought it was generally known that the problems with Other M was Sakamoto's fault and the forced controls. The action take on Metroid had potential.

I mean, to be fair, a new Metroid from fucking MercurySteam sounded like a wreck after how their Castlevania games turned out, but Samus Returns was pretty solid.

It just depends on good direction from the higher ups, in this case Tanabe. Let's hope he's learned a few things after how Federation Force went.

Yeah, but MercurySteam actually had some experience with the Metroidvania series considering they actually worked on frikking Castlevania. In fact, their first entry was well-received, Konami just f*cked up the sequels (Mind you, MercurySteam do seem to have a few problems internally).

Who could actually handle a Metroid game in Namco? Do they even have developers familiar with the genre?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also I think Dr. Toto? Soto? I forgot his name said Bandai was making smash for Switch a long time ago.

Other franchises that could work for Namco:

Pikmin - Pikmin 4 has been mentioned quite a bit by Miyamoto, so we know it exists. However, I see little reason for Namco to work on it instead of Nintendo themselves.

Kid Icarus - No 4 in the name but the next KI will be the 4th. Given that Sakurai did the last one and already worked with Namco on Smash, it could be a possibility.

Golden Sun - Kind of a dead franchise so I doubt it but there's a small chance they could be aiding Camelot with a GS game.

Pikmin 4 was the second game that came to me after Metroid, but I don't see why Miyamoto would need them when Nintendo already has a Pikmin team.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just for fun, I'm posting a prediction / wishlist of what's Nintendo's doing for the next few years of the Switch.
First, I'm expecting Nintendo to continue with 2017's strategy of two major games, one coming in the first months of the year (april/may), and one in the last few (october/november), while releasing many "smaller" titles (in scope and sales expectation both) every month or so.

2018:

- core Fire Emblem game, just one edition (not two like If), coming around May
- Animal Crossing, the big November title, will have an incredible amount of new features, most certainly a big hit
- Kirby Star Allies, this one I suspect is pretty close to release, and will have a big blowout in the next Direct
- Yoshi, probably coming around September
- Pikmin 4, will receive a "surprise" announcement and also release pretty soon. I expect to be a surprising graphical showcase for the system, since Pikmin 3 remains one of the best looking games for Wii U. It may have an online functionality of some sort, sort of like a Monster Hunter co-op style campaign
- a Mario sports title in the first few months, maybe Strikers 3
- Retro's new project, which will be a new IP, hopefully more mature-driven, even horror. It may tackle the soulsborne genre. Nintendo will push it heavily, receiving limited editions, amiibos, focused Directs and all that stuff. Releasing October or Dicember
- Travis Strikes Back and maybe a No More Heroes 1+2 collection
- Super Mario Odyssey season pass through the year
- Fatal Frame 6
- hopefully Luigi's Mansion 3 by Next Level Games
- a Platinum Games title, may be a port, a new IP, a sequel, anything. I personally hope for Wonderful 102
- a The Legend Of Zelda HD collection including 3 different titles at tops (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are my picks)
- third party will join in but will still mostly be port of old titles, or multiplatform stuff of the less demanding games graphically. Call Of Duty will return to Nintendo, and I expect Assassin's Creed Origins. Maybe a new weird mash-up like Mario + Rabbids

2019:

- Metroid Prime 4: Resurrection in May. A Trilogy HD collection seems also a lock to me but you may never know
- Pokémon Forever. Pokémon Beyond. November 2019.
- Retro's working on two titles at the same time, the other is fucking Donkey Kong Country 3: Antarctic Heat. King K. Rool returns and concludes the trilogy.
- Sakurai's also working on a new project, another revival. Either Mach Rider or Duck Hunt. Similar to Kid Icarus Uprising in style
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions # The Legend Of Zelda. December for Japan, 2020 for rest of the world
- Super Mario Maker 2
- a new IP by Nintendo EAD, will be more focused on single player compared to Splatoon and Arms but still have an online part.
- third parties will go HARD on the Switch in 2019. I expect exclusives, crossover deals, ports, everything.

2020:

- the Super Smash Bros. V: The Phantom Pain year
- the other title might be something like a new Zelda or something I guess
- F-ZERO FX

MarcyPoos

Oct 25, 2017
Well someone seemed to hint there's a reason Little Mac wasn't in ARMS. If that's the case they could be making a new Punch Out because the one they did on the Wii was very good and sold great. I'm hoping for Luigis Mansion 3 though.

No no no that was a troll. That post on the old forum stating those things and including the thing about Little Mac was completely made up. Remove it from you head.

Secondly, Luigi's Mansion 3 has sold 5.45 million copies where as Punch-Out!! On Wii sold 1.3 million.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No no no that was a troll. That post on the old forum stating those things and including the thing about Little Mac was completely made up. Remove it from you head.

Secondly, Luigi's Mansion 3 has sold 5.45 million copies where as Punch-Out!! On Wii sold 1.3 million.

Ah that was the troll post. I'm getting these rumors mixed up. Well I'll take Luigi's Mansion 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.