• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why? It is still selling extremely well. Making DLC is way cheaper than creating a new game. They could easily charge 20/25 dollars for new courses and people will buy it.

Ultimately it depends if Nintendo has another racer in the pipeline (F-Zero, Diddy Kong racing). Not entirely sure if the rumored Star Fox Grand Prix counts but anyways if they do, No reason to continue development of Mario Kart 8. If they don't then thats where DLC for MK8 comes in. Nintendo makes moves that tells me they actively avoid cannibalizing their "Evergreen" titles. Meaning they will never release MK8 DLC AND one of the titles I mentioned above. One or the other and my bet is on SFGP.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why? It is still selling extremely well. Making DLC is way cheaper than creating a new game. They could easily charge 20/25 dollars for new courses and people will buy it.
Because it's almost two years old. You honestly think they spent that much time developing DLC instead of a new game?

Hell how many games get DLC after two years.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the fact that the ship has probably sailed for a DLC, though we never know with Nintendo. Would you then believe that a Mario Kart 9 may release in 2020 or 21?
Yeah I think MK9 is coming in 2020. Would make a lot of sense too since there's really nothing else Nintendo can really push beyond 2019 besides sequels.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there's a Direct this month Nintendo can announce some more Wii U ports. I'm hoping for Wind Walker HD to come over.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think that we are getting another general direct this soon...
We will probably get a new trailer or two at The Game Awards and that should be enough until January.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
When parents buy consoles as christmas presents for their kids they buy it for the games they see displayed on store shelves and not because Metroid Prime 4 will launch next holiday season or because Animal Crossing next summer. Sure it might influence a few but I don't think it will change the outcome this holiday in a major way.

I don't agree with that. A lot of people bought PS4s back when the Final Fantasy 7 remake was announced. People don't just buy a console for what it has now, but also for what it will have in the future. No one wants to buy a console with no future, so showing what's coming in the future definitely helps with sales.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't agree with that. A lot of people bought PS4s back when the Final Fantasy 7 remake was announced. People don't just buy a console for what it has now, but also for what it will have in the future. No one wants to buy a console with no future, so showing what's coming in the future definitely helps with sales.

Not saying this is incorrect, but it's not what pld was saying. He said 'parents'. Parents being the operative word here. When a parent goes out this holiday season to buy their 5 year old a present, they're not doing it because MP4 is coming sometime down the pipe, they're doing it because they see a system with Pokemon and Mario on it right now. Now, if the parent is a gamer, sure, that will change things a bit.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the point is that Nintendo isn't going to have a general Direct for games in 2019 and beyond when they have two big titles to sell right now.

Makes me think that we may see a top down Zelda in 2019 as well. A summer release would be nice.

We're long overdue for a new 2D Zelda. Tri-Force Heroes was released in 2015 and Shikata hasn't directed anything else since then.

doagrl

Nov 1, 2017
USA
A double pack with twilight princess would be great

I'm still holding on to my dream of Zelda Collections with all of the handheld and console games released for Switch.

I've bought all of the Zelda games multiple times but I really want all of them in one place in one (well two) collections rather than individual re-releases.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
We're long overdue for a new 2D Zelda. Tri-Force Heroes was released in 2015 and Shikata hasn't directed anything else since then.

I'm really looking forward to a multiplayer Zelda. The question is, do they plan on making a 2D Zelda or maybe go full 3D with the next one? I remember Anouma saying multiplayer was a focus point for botw when it first was mentioned, but since that didn't happen, I think they might have made it its own game ready for a 2019 release.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
We won't have big collections for Zelda, it doesn't make sense when they can make bundles with one or two game and they'll sell relatively well at full price.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I would rather they save the Direct for January.

We don't need new announcements this month, and next month there's the game awards which will bring at most a new announcement, or at least, show MP4/Bayo3 for the first time.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really looking forward to a multiplayer Zelda. The question is, do they plan on making a 2D Zelda or maybe go full 3D with the next one? I remember Anouma saying multiplayer was a focus point for botw when it first was mentioned, but since that didn't happen, I think they might have made it its own game ready for a 2019 release.

I assume you mean this slide?

3ee69a8b4bdcf3e5e1a88c2dc87cf82fb3e9cbd3v2_hq.jpg

I think multiplayer in 3D Zelda is definitely something they have in mind. However, Aonuma explicitly said that the handheld team is working on stuff as well. I think it's going to be very different from previous 2D games, however.

doagrl

Nov 1, 2017
USA

A multiplayer game in the same vein as Tri Force Heroes would be a nice addition to 2019's release schedule.

Also, I hope we see something from Anouma on his new project early next year. If he can release his new game in early 2020 then we could possibly see a big, new 3D Zelda in 2022.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I would be completely surprised if there's no 2D single player Zelda on Switch.
I might be wrong but I believe a 2D Zelda would be a mismatch for the Switch hardware. Switch is more about cutting edge console gaming on a hybrid device. I feel 2D Zelda would not do very well on Switch except maybe a multiplayer one. I love 2D Zelda's but I'm really not excited for a 2D single player one unless they really do something unique.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I might be wrong but I believe a 2D Zelda would be a mismatch for the Switch hardware. Switch is more about cutting edge console gaming on a hybrid device. I feel 2D Zelda would not do very well on Switch except maybe a multiplayer one. I love 2D Zelda's but I'm really not excited for a 2D single player one unless they really do something unique.

We'll see. I'll be disappointed if it's multiplayer focused.

I can see them remaking Zelda A link to the past for 3DS in the style of its 3DS successor.

Ugh. This would piss so many people off. I wouldn't mind as much since I have my 3DS around and don't mind using it.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
IMO there is no sense on having onother general Direct right before launch of two biggest Switch games of year.
Also, dont forgot we having next month TGA where Nintendo will definitely show something.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Not saying this is incorrect, but it's not what pld was saying. He said 'parents'. Parents being the operative word here. When a parent goes out this holiday season to buy their 5 year old a present, they're not doing it because MP4 is coming sometime down the pipe, they're doing it because they see a system with Pokemon and Mario on it right now. Now, if the parent is a gamer, sure, that will change things a bit.

Parents buy kids what the kids ask for. If the kid wants Metroid Prime 4 he or she will ask for a Switch.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't anticipate a general direct until 2019. Maybe there's one for a mobile game like Mario Kart Tour.

TGAs definitely will get a trailer for Metroid or Bayonetta.

For Zelda, I imagine WW HD and TP HD have a good chance of getting ported.

doagrl

Nov 1, 2017
USA
We won't have big collections for Zelda, it doesn't make sense when they can make bundles with one or two game and they'll sell relatively well at full price.

I admit it is a long shot but a release like The Master Chief Collection would be awesome and I believe more profitable than doing more individual re-releases (especially for the oldest games).

Plus premium pricing ($79.99/$99.99 collectors) would work well on something like that so I doubt they would lose money.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
If the new hardware is more powerful, they will absolutely need software enhanced by the new toy and a new Mario, Zelda and Splatoon are prime candidates for that (yeah, Prime as well).
No, they don't. Obviously new games coming out will add improved visuals, but any revision potentially coming out next year won't be handled differently from how PS4 Pro and XB1X were handled: no exclusive showcase games launched with it, and no huge focus on differences between the versions. This is not a new generation release, they don't need to launch with big hitters alongside it. It will sell on its promise of better visuals on the existing and coming games, just like Pro and X.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The revisions sell by themselves, they do not need software to sell.

It is in fact the sense of making a revision.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
No, they don't. Obviously new games coming out will add improved visuals, but any revision potentially coming out next year won't be handled differently from how PS4 Pro and XB1X were handled: no exclusive showcase games launched with it, and no huge focus on differences between the versions. This is not a new generation release, they don't need to launch with big hitters alongside it. It will sell on its promise of better visuals on the existing and coming games, just like Pro and X.

Where did I say that these games would be exclusive? The current Switch will most likely receive 100% of the new games until at least 2022, and if they go for iterative updgrades, I wouldn't be surprised if the current model received games (indies, and less ambitious titles like sushi striker) until 2025 and beyond.
However, if a Switch pro does release in 2020, I can perfectly see Nintendo pushing it with some of their strongest IP; and doing so every 3-4 years when a new hardware releases.

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
ok, i did some digging and it seems that there is a new Nintendo Direct coming soon with N64 Mini News and other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.