• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One world only would be a dream come true. Time shifting doesn't sound great, but as long as it doesn't have load screens between time shifts it could be alright. For example if you have a Time Visor.

I forgot about this and the time shifting mechanic. We should be focusing on this.

I want only one world so that's good to hear and I loved Metroid Prime 2. I had no problem with the dark and light world. It's my favorite of the Prime Trilogy. Obviously shifting time is different and would be super cool to see how they fully implement it.

I'd like to believe that timeshifting would be incorporated more seamlessly into the gameplay. For example time-bombs that slow down time in a small area or a timebeam that basically works like the ice beam by stopping objects. Having two parallel worlds at all times like that segment in Titanfall 2 probably wouldn't work but I wouldn't want it to basically be a light and dark world with a different coat of paint.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
He also says he understands people wouldn't like a mechanic like Echoes. I don't think focusing on timeshifting is a good thing to speculate on.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I'd like to believe that timeshifting would be incorporated more seamlessly into the gameplay. For example time-bombs that slow down time in a small area or a timebeam that basically works like the ice beam by stopping objects. Having two parallel worlds at all times like that segment in Titanfall 2 probably wouldn't work but I wouldn't want it to basically be a light and dark world with a different coat of paint.
What about affecting the present by your actions in the past?

That would be more than a MP2 retread.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's time shifts to the timeline like Samus going into a portal that takes her to the past or future. I guess that's more like Echoes.

Then there's gameplay time shifts through Samus herself and how she can stop or speed up or slow down the world around here. I feel like there's so much potential with time shifting.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't my first console but I was 9 when I got my Wii for Christmas in 07. It was a plenty fun console to grow up with, especially with siblings. I didn't know anyone who got Punch Out though :p. I had also already played the DKC trilogy on GBA, but again it wasn't quite my first console (we kept all our old consoles except the NES, so I had access to a lot of older stuff as a kid).
So not quite what I was saying lol. I was thinking if the Wii was a kids first Nintendo system. There are so many classics on there. I'm thankful Nintendo made the Wii.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
He said "I understand many people thought Echoes was too difficult".

I never heard this complaint before.
I'm not really good at metroidvanias, and I was lost af in Echoes lol
Still love that game but of the trilogy it's the one with the most complex level design imo. I had to use a walkthrough for this one. (I had to use one for MP1 for the artifacts too tho)

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Time shifting can easily become Dark World 2.0 and that sounds boring and unoriginal

I'm thinking if there could be something like the Divine Beast of BOTW but in a big way with the Metroid map. Like the whole planet is a living organism that you can manipulate to alter the layout of the map.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really excited to see how 2019 pans out.

One company worth keeping an eye on in 2019 is PlatinumGames.

Interesting. I think there was a rumor or maybe it was leakypandy saying Platinum has 2 games coming next year. I know they're not reliable though.

I'm already expecting Bayonetta 3. I'll take Viewtiful Joe 3 (counts as Capcom I guess). Or a new IP or F-Zero from Platinum.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Nice, Emily's comment is really interesting.
They are doing Bayo 3 for the Switch, and some people have heard about another Switch exclusive title for the Switch.
Also, both Dasvergeben and Liam Robertson (I don't like both of them and don't think they're the most reliable, but they do have SOME sources) said PlatinumGames was doing Viewtiful Joe 3 with Capcom.

Anyway, whatever happen, hype because PlatinumGames is my fav indie studio. When they have the budget, they do the most crazy things.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Maybe I'm misremembering but surely that's happened in multiple Zelda games already?
Skyward Sword? I never actually played that so I dunno. I think those parts of the game were lauded, if I remember correctly.

What I'm imagining is a bit more involved and systematic than a couple of predetermined puzzles though.

Speaking of systems, would you mind BotW-esque "chemistry engine" elements to enable freeform sequence breaking at any point.

Like say there's a wall you need a Spider Ball to pass over and there are geysers and waterfalls all around the place. You can come back with the spider ball or figure out that your ice beam can freeze bodies of water solid, creating makeshift platforms to scale over that wall.

Same with exploting AI and behaviour of creatures. Basically, would you mind if Metroid went Toki Tori*, but without actually throwing away the classic gated progression, just giving you the free reigns to circumvent it at your leisure, provided you could figure it out?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I think there was a rumor or maybe it was leakypandy saying Platinum has 2 games coming next year. I know they're not reliable though.

I'm already expecting Bayonetta 3. I'll take Viewtiful Joe 3 (counts as Capcom I guess). Or a new IP or F-Zero from Platinum.

I think they said that PG are currently developping 3 Switch games (including Bayo) + that Bayo and of the two remaining game are targetting 2019.

That would be in line with Emily's comment.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The mechanics of BOTW work because it is a non-linear open world, I do not know if they can adapt well to metroidvania

In BOTW you have practically all your tools at the beginning, just the opposite of the typical Metroid progression

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Skyward Sword? I never actually played that so I dunno. I think those parts of the game were lauded, if I remember correctly.

What I'm imagining is a bit more involved and systematic than a couple of predetermined puzzles though.

Speaking of systems, would you mind BotW-esque "chemistry engine" elements to enable freeform sequence breaking at any point.

Like say there's a wall you need a Spider Ball to pass through and there are geysers and waterfalls all around the place. You can come back with the spider ball or figure out that your ice beam can freeze bodies of water solid, creating makeshift platforms to scale over that wall.

Same with exploting AI and behaviour of creatures. Basically, would you mind if Metroid went Toki Tori*, but without actually throwing away the classic gated progression, just giving you the free reigns to circumvent it at your leisure, provided you can figure it out.
I was thinking of LttP, OoT and MM. Been a while since I played those games but I'm pretty your actions in the past can unlock paths in the future in those games. MM is obviously a bit different.

But yeah having different sequence paths I think would be pretty cool. It would be more difficult to design since you have to design several branching sequences through the game instead of just one, but it would certainly add more flavor to the game progression.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think they said that PG are currently developping 3 Switch games (including Bayo) + that Bayo and of the two remaining game are targetting 2019.

That would be in line with Emily's comment.
That's right they said 3 Platinum Games and 2 are coming in 2019.

Emily are you able to say if Platinum is bringing more than 1 game to Switch next year. We would all appreciate this :)

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I'm really excited to see how 2019 pans out.

One company worth keeping an eye on in 2019 is PlatinumGames.

Interesting to seen, load of possibilities here:

Partnership with Capcom -> Okami, Viewtiful Joe
Last-Gen port -> Wonderful 101
Nintendo IP -> Kid Icarus, F-Zero
Original IP -> New game

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting to seen, load of possibilities here:

Partnership with Capcom -> Okami, Viewtiful Joe
Last-Gen port -> Wonderful 101
Nintendo IP -> Kid Icarus, F-Zero
Original IP -> New game
So many possibilities. I think Kamiya wanted to make a Takamaru game. If he did say that it could be a possibility too.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it was in 2013. Someone asked him on twitter on which Nintendo IP he would like to work, he said "Star Fox or Mysterious Murasame Castle."

It's set them - Mysterious Murasame Castle revival, 3D Action game. Takamaru promoted from Assist Trophy to DLC. Lauching December 2019.

Works for me!

Kamiya's new game is gonna blow minds ;d
Stop. Don't get us hyped. It better be F-Zero.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Kamiya has been talking a lot about the Switch in a friendly way (by his standards), it's not rocket science to imagine that he may have had something planned on the system for a few years. Good to know that we'll hear more about it this year. Platinum is a good studio and I generally like everything they do.
My biggest disappointment with the Switch so far is how absent From Software has been from the system. The DS1 port was serviceable at best and they didn't do it. Sekiro is not coming and that's really a shame.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No. Nothing is a lock.

Wrong.

250px-BossLockWW.png

This is a lock.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
i want prime 4 not to be prime 4 and have another name and be a [soft] reboot. that's the only way the game and the series will have a chance of becoming more mainstream and for nintendo to put more effort into future metroid games.

It's not going to be called Prime 4. It will not have a number.

Status
Not open for further replies.