• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was too good for half an hour, before being shelved ans never touched again. :)

It was my experience with it at least.
OK, Let's say half an hour each time you showed it to someone new.

Very powerful proof of concept though, and the best way to promote wii motion detection. But it was severely lacking depth imo.
I played it a lot personally. Tried to do everything I could in these games.

Wii Sports and Resort were some of the best couch multiplayer games for the Wii and had some big winners like baseball in the original Sports and basketball in Resort

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A M+R sequel would be so good. The original is already a great game as it is but it also has the potential to become even better with another entry that expands on its groundwork.
agreed. i initially played the first world and i put the game down since it just didn't click with me, then came back months later and finished it and it's in my top 5 switch games. it's just so well made, and i love the characters and the humour. for the sequel i think one area that an improve is the exploration part between the fights. they can put in some better mechanics and puzzles in those.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Just looking at the DLC campaign for M+R, it's clear they have loads of new ideas still, and overall I found the DLC to be better paced and even more fun than the main game. It really gave me high hopes that the second installment will be some GOAT tier game. I'm really excited for it!

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my Switch Pro Controller today, man this is niiiiiice. A far cry from the Joy Cons (which to be fair are great for mobility). I especially love the HD rumble on these.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
A few months ago Reggie said that by early 2019 you should be seeing multiplat Switch versions being announced/released at the same time or near the other releases.

As we saw in the Game Awards, that already started happening and next year it will be more prominent.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
A few months ago Reggie said that by early 2019 you should be seeing multiplat Switch versions being announced/released at the same time or near the other releases.

As we saw in the Game Awards, that already started happening and next year it will be more prominent.
Yeah, I'm hoping that will happen. I love Switch's hybrid nature, and want to play every game possible on it. It's come so far , in fact, that I find myself skipping games I'm somewhat interested in because they are not on Switch and I don't feel like I can find the time to play them (happened with DQXI and Shadow of the Tomb Raider this year, for example). Getting AAA games on Switch will make them more accessible to me again, so I am very much rooting for a decent subset of the AAA output to also come to Switch!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like Nintendo to get Bethesda to bring back Star Tropics.

Thinking about it more maybe not them after seeing their work lately...

Last edited:

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
3rd party wise, 2019 seems already very strong with all those final fantasies, the new doom, mortal kombat 11, crash team racing... just to name a few.of course there wont be AAA 3rd party games for the Switch, but thats not realistic to expect.

And when it comes to 1st party, I trully believe that what we already have announced as a 2019 release makes the next year much better than 2018, so everything else that will be announced will only make this different even bigger.

Like people stated, MK11 and new Doom are AAA 3rd party games, and we will definitely have some more AAA announcements that will be 2019. releases (we are still in 2018.).
For instance this years 3rd party games like Dark Souls, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Diablo 3, Cities: Skylines, CiV6...were all 2018. announcements, I can bet we will have much more of them in 2019.

From 1st party I expecting few more bigger and smaller announcements, same like few more Wii/WiI U ports, and 2-3 more 3rd party exclusives.

So yeah, 2019. will be much stronger than 2018. in any case, like we can already see from just currently confirmed games.
January Direct will be good start. :)

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got my Switch Pro Controller today, man this is niiiiiice. A far cry from the Joy Cons (which to be fair are great for mobility). I especially love the HD rumble on these.
i'm still in the joycon grip ghetto. any time i want get one i see the price i think it's better if i spend the money on a game. and after like 30 games i still have no pro controller.
it's also hard to justify cuz i play on the tv like 5% of the time. i should just get one of dongle thingies and use a DS4.

bethesda and nintendo should collaborate and bring eternal darkness back. they already have a horror studio and the evil within games didn't do too hot, i imagine that partnership will benefit everybody.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I agree with mazi, Eternal Darkness with Tango makes way more sense than Startropics for any of Bethesda's studios.

IIRC Bethesda did say earlier this year that they'd be open to working on Nintendo exclusives with Nintendo IPs.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
bethesda and nintendo should collaborate and bring eternal darkness back. they already have a horror studio and the evil within games didn't do too hot, i imagine that partnership will benefit everybody.

God damn it, this is the best idea I've heard all year.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
A M+R sequel would be so good. The original is already a great game as it is but it also has the potential to become even better with another entry that expands on its groundwork.

From the Ubisoft Survey. Kingdom Mode YES PLEASE!

Also Tactical Soccer. Heck YEAH!

ApplicationFrameHost_2018-10-10_17-58-56.md.png

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to see partnerships with japanese studios. And ones not related to licensed IPs. We still are lacking a Fatal Frame game for the system.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Peer on the latest NVC episode said he heard from reputable people that MPT was supposed to be announced earlier this year.

Pretty interesting

I agree with mazi, Eternal Darkness with Tango makes way more sense than Startropics for any of Bethesda's studios.

IIRC Bethesda did say earlier this year that they'd be open to working on Nintendo exclusives with Nintendo IPs.

I don't really know anything about Tango or Bethesda owned a studio called Tango.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'd be cool if Nintendo turned to some indie developers to make smaller Nintendo games. I wished they'd give 2D Metroid to the Shovel Knight guys. They even said if Nintendo asked them they would make a 2D Metroid game.

OP
OP

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I don't think that KT are simply going to drop that franchise considering they keep releasing niche games.

"I think the ship has sailed on that one and can't see Nintendo investing any more dollars into that franchise." KT can do whatever they want if they feel like self-funding and publishing it.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really know anything about Tango or Bethesda owned a studio called Tango.
bethesda has a japanese subsidiary called tango gameworks, headed by shinji mikami (director and producer of resident evil series, more recently made vanquish with platinum games). the studio has done the two evil within games for bethesda.

"I think the ship has sailed on that one and can't see Nintendo investing any more dollars into that franchise." KT can do whatever they want if they feel like self-funding and publishing it.
is fatal frame fully KT's IP? i never understood how that series works, are the newer games exclusive to nintendo platforms because nintendo is the only one willing to fund them, or is there some kind of exclusivity deal where nintendo has some ownership over the IP?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bethesda has a japanese subsidiary called tango gameworks, headed by shinji mikami (director and producer of resident evil series, more recently made vanquish with platinum games). the studio has done the two evil within games for bethesda

Interesting. That sounds familiar now. Even better if Nintendo can get them to make Eternal Darkness.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tango Gamworks aka The Evil Within-makers aka Shinji Mikami's joint aka you really should!
i was looking at his wikipedia page and damn, he sure has a great resume
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinji_Mikami

Interesting. That sounds familiar now. Even better if Nintendo can get them to make Eternal Darkness.
it would be a huge get. the only reason i think it has a chance is that their two games didn't do very well sales wise, and bethesda has said they're open to collaborations. if their games were successful as multiplatform pc/ps4/xbo games, i don't think it would make financial sense for bethesda to put them to work on an exclusive game.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i was looking at his wikipedia page and damn, he sure has a great resume
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinji_Mikami

it would be a huge get. the only reason i think it has a chance is that their two games didn't do very well sales wise, and bethesda has said they're open to collaborations. if their games were successful as multiplatform pc/ps4/xbo games, i don't think it would make financial sense for bethesda to put them to work on an exclusive game.

This is PERFECT. This is the situation Nintendo wants to come into. A group thats games sales haven't been so good even as multiplats (ahem Bayonetta).

Why wouldn't it make sense? Sega does it with Bayonetta 2 and 3. Money is money. Nintendo pays and Bethesda gets their money.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I don't know who to trust concerning rumours anymore.
Don't trust anyone, it's as simple as that.

Here is how this works:
There are people who are more trustworthy than others. Randos on the internet generally are not. People who have had a track record of publishing information that later turned out to be true (and not just in terms of lining up conveniently or being so obvious it hurts [hi Marcus "I heard ND_Cube is working on Mario Party" Sellars] generally are. But only to the extent that you have to remember that you don't know who they were talking to and where that person got their info from or to what degree the way something is worded affects the information itself. Plus the wild card of plans changing/falling through.

Do not ever assume any and everything a person says is going to transpire exactly as they laid out, neither should you fill-in the blanks with your own speculation and then run off of that. Go into things with the mindset that a certain thing "could happen because a fairly reliable person has suggested as much based on information they have." Don't go into things with the mindset "okay, here we go, all appointments canceled the tissue box is right there, I will jump off this bridge and safely land in the soft, warm rivers of hype!" and you'll go come out of the speculation/rumor woods safe and sound.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is PERFECT. This is the situation Nintendo wants to come into. A group thats games sales haven't been so good even as multiplats (ahem Bayonetta).

Why wouldn't it make sense? Sega does it with Bayonetta 2 and 3. Money is money. Nintendo pays and Bethesda gets their money.
it would be different from bayonetta, because i imagine bethesda would want to publish the game itself. nintendo would just license the IP to them. it would be more of a M+R situation, a third party publisher making an exclusive for nintendo based on licensed characters/IP and nintendo can publish the game in japan.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is fatal frame fully KT's IP? i never understood how that series works, are the newer games exclusive to nintendo platforms because nintendo is the only one willing to fund them, or is there some kind of exclusivity deal where nintendo has some ownership over the IP?
KT owns the Fatal Frame franchise trademark. Nintendo owns all the content and trademarks to Fatal Frame 2 remake, Fatal Frame 4 and Fatal Frame 5. They also fully own the related Spirit Camera IP.

We don't know if there's a deal, but Nintendo funded all these games. I think there is, but it's not a public thing that we know of.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
KT owns the Fatal Frame franchise trademark. Nintendo owns all the content and trademarks to Fatal Frame 2 remake, Fatal Frame 4 and Fatal Frame 5. They also fully own the related Spirit Camera IP.

We don't know if there's a deal, but Nintendo funded all these games. I think there is, but it's not a public thing that we know of.
gotcha.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it would be different from bayonetta, because i imagine bethesda would want to publish the game itself. nintendo would just license the IP to them. it would be more of a M+R situation, a third party publisher making an exclusive for nintendo based on licensed characters/IP and nintendo can publish the game in japan.

It's more like when Sega made F-Zero GX. Mario + Rabbids is a crossover, but Eternal Darkness wouldn't be. It's just giving Tango to make it like Amusement Vision did F-Zero and Nintendo published it.

Either way it would just be good to see that IP comeback.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's more like when Sega made F-Zero GX. Mario + Rabbids is a crossover, but Eternal Darkness wouldn't be. It's just giving Tango to make it like Amusement Vision did F-Zero and Nintendo published it.

Either way it would just be good to see that IP comeback.
i think it's more likely that bethesda would want to publish the game, rather than just lending one of their studios to nintendo. but you're right, the end result is the same.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I assume you got the fancy new Smash edition?
Nah, although I was very tempted to get it. Simple black version, I have to say the build quality is excellent. On par with the Xbox one easily.
i'm still in the joycon grip ghetto. any time i want get one i see the price i think it's better if i spend the money on a game. and after like 30 games i still have no pro controller.
it's also hard to justify cuz i play on the tv like 5% of the time. i should just get one of dongle thingies and use a DS4.

Fair enough if you play mobile most of the time. That being said, can still use the controller with the screen using the stand. I can't recommend it enough to anyone that plays more than moderately on the Switch, super comfortable.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Nintendo should approach 3rd party devs to give them their IP's like Mario + Rabbids (i know Ubisoft came to them). Or look in third party old catalogs to help bring series back that they didn't really care to touch.

AAA games coming is really more up to third party devs when it comes to cartridge sizes and whatnot. Nintendo publishing games for third party devs is a great thing. Switch won't get ever AAA game so Nintendo should be more active.

I think I disagree about them relying too much on loaning out IPs. One of the biggest criticisms they had, right before the Wii U, was Nintendo becoming too predictable. Zelda became stale, Metroid had no direction, Mario IPs and spinoffs felt repetitive. I think IP fatigue is a real factor that you have to watch out for, and really I think after Splatoon Nintendo seems to see the value of experimenting more with newer IPs.

So yea a project like MxR is cool every now and then but trying out completely different things is, I think, much better approach in diversifying their catalogue. More things like x Machina, Ultimate Alliance I think are better long term approaches even if some fail.

I can't remember exactly when but Famitsu said pretty much the same thing about 19' seeing more AAA games from Japan.

3rd party wise, 2019 seems already very strong with all those final fantasies, the new doom, mortal kombat 11, crash team racing... just to name a few.of course there wont be AAA 3rd party games for the Switch, but thats not realistic to expect.

And when it comes to 1st party, I trully believe that what we already have announced as a 2019 release makes the next year much better than 2018, so everything else that will be announced will only make this different even bigger.

Yea it's not even close. It helps some of the games got delayed last year, but it's gearing up to be a pretty huge year

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember exactly when but Famitsu said pretty much the same thing about 19' seeing more AAA games from Japan
it makes sense, for both japanese and western companies. the switch's success wasn't guaranteed, so it made sense for companies to not go all in in 2017. but after they saw the results, i can see a lot of projects being greenlit, and it takes a few years for them to be released/presentable.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Here's the thing about Zero/Project Zero/Fatal Frame. It's an established, well-regarded IP that serves to fill an area in Nintendo's portfolio that they themselves do not cater to, otherwise. Their previous collaborations launched on systems on which niche titles in the very traditional game vein did not find a lot of traction and they still performed comparatively to their predecessors (in Japan). Their decision making isn't solely tied to spreadsheets but often is fueled by whatever creative idea is driving someone's passion (who then finds away to have the money people sign off on weird projects anyway). The previous three games either leaned heavily on the Wii Remote or hung their hat on immersion by using the Wii U GamePad as the in-game camera.

Now we have the Switch, which can replicate the Wii Remote functionality while also adding new options to get creative (HD Rumble shenanigans), and more importantly, has a way way way different audience make-up with way way different tastes profiles than the previous consoles, and there is most definitely potential to give the franchise yet another shot at finally reaching more people and establishing itself among Nintendo's first party catalogue.

Don't just brush it off as "previous games bombed, IP is dead or up to KT if they still wanna try."

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
I wonder if the rumor of a possible direct in November from King Zell and the rumors of Metroid Prime Trilogy supposedly being revealed by now have any correlation. Maybe Nintendo was in the process of planning and structuring the presentation in October, then decided on forgoing it in favor of piling it into a more packed January direct because they figured they didn't need one to sell in the holiday season? Of course I'm inserting my own wish in there of the January direct being packed to kick off a fantastic 2019 vs the direct mini this year. But who knows, I'm just trying to think of the possibilities behind all these weird rumors from trustworthy sources

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
N64 Mini was supposed to come this year. MPT was supposed to be announced this year. Yoshi and Fire Emblem were supposed to be this year.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
N64 Mini was supposed to come this year. MPT was supposed to be announced this year. Yoshi and Fire Emblem were supposed to be this year.
Well King Zell was always suspicious of that specific rumor, but the November direct was kinda left out there without too much of an asterisk next to it. Lots of people believed MPT being at Game Awards but didn't show up. Seems Nintendo pulled back on it possibly just liked the November direct. Now before TheMoon comes in and says nothing exists so don't have any expectations for this unproven January direct based on conjecture, don't worry :P

SUPER BIG JANUARY DIRECT BABY HERE WE COME

Status
Not open for further replies.