• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
Feels weird that my most desired game of 2019 is something as simple as the bowling and/or golf from Wii Sports Resort. Even if they just revamped Wii Sports Club. To me, that's one of the biggest holes in the "casual fun" area of the Switch library.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Y'all taking this hobby way too seriously.

.Now apparently they're working on a Star Fox spin-off, an idea for which I personally find hard to be remotely excited, and it may end up being a great game for the majority. But I doubt that Nintendo is satisfied with a studio releasing 1 game per console generation and changes will have to be made to the studio, if they haven't already been made.

Maybe you should follow your own advice?

Retro has been helping with at least DKTF port and we don't know what other things they have done.

Also what have you been excited about, since from what I've gathered from the last dunno... twenty pages it's not obvious.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If neither Bayo nor MP4 make it in 2019 I may not have much to play from Nintendo. I've never been a huge fan of Luigi's Mansion and never interested in Animal Crossing, so I guess Pokemon might be the only thing I'd really go for. And MUA3 maybe.

I really do hope they have more in store, at least for me. From a shareholder's perspective the lineup looks great though.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
If neither Bayo nor MP4 make it in 2019 I may not have much to play from Nintendo. I've never been a huge fan of Luigi's Mansion and never interested in Animal Crossing, so I guess Pokemon might be the only thing I'd really go for. And MUA3 maybe.

I really do hope they have more in store, at least for me. From a shareholder's perspective the lineup looks great though.

Not a fan of Fire Emblem skittzo0413 ?

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018

900x.jpg

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
I have a bit of a bias when I say that the GBA was my favourite system, because I really like F-Zero, 2D Metroid and Advance Wars and it had more than one game for each of those series.

So, if those kinds of games appear on Switch, then Switch will become my fave system :p

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Never played one. If I have the time (there are a lot of non Nintendo games coming to switch that I'm excited for) then maybe I'll give it a try if it looks good.

My favorite Yoshi game was Yoshi's Story and ever since then I haven't been able to get into any.

I have to start questioning skittzo0413 Nintendo fan card. Two years in a row saying the Nintendo games don't really appeal to him...😊

This year I actually had more than I thought, since I guess I can count Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 1+2 to go with smash and Pokemon. I'm sure I'll have more than I thought next year too.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a bit of a bias when I say that the GBA was my favourite system, because I really like F-Zero, 2D Metroid and Advance Wars and it had more than one game for each of those series.

So, if those kinds of games appear on Switch, then Switch will become my fave system :p

There were rumours about a new 2D Metroid floating around, same source that leaked Samus Returns if I am not mistaken. Not that it's a very difficult thing to guess with that ending.

And F-Zero was at least pitched to Criterion at one point.

Advance Wars though?
hubie.png

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018

Why not give Town or Daemon X Machina chance if you like Bayo or Pokémon?

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
There were rumours about a new 2D Metroid floating around, same source that leaked Samus Returns if I am not mistaken. Not that it's a very difficult thing to guess with that ending.

And F-Zero was at least pitched to Criterion at one point.

Advance Wars though?
hubie.png
Yeah. Not looking good for Advance Wars and F-Zero, is it? :( My only hope is that one day in the far future, the old ones will be available as classics like we have the NES games currently.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Why not give Town or Daemon X Machina chance if you like Bayo or Pokémon?

Daemon X Machina looks interesting but so far I haven't really seen much in the way of variety. It looks very samey in all the footage I've seen. Maybe that'll change as I see more footage though.

Town is definitely on my radar but we know next to nothing about it yet. But I'm gonna possibly have DQ11 and Persona 5 on top of Pokemon gen 8 so I'm not sure I'll even have time for another RPG.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, 2019 is looking to be the best Year for first party titles since.... well, forever. Being a huge fan of Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem helps. If we can get the rumored Star Fox game it'll be cemented for sure as the best year in gaming for me. Can't wait for 2019.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, 2019 is looking to be the best Year for first party titles since.... well, forever. Being a huge fan of Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem helps. If we can get the rumored Star Fox game it'll be cemented for sure as the best year in gaming for me. Can't wait for 2019.

Yeah if Star Fox GP comes out next year that'll definitely pick up the year for me. I'll eat up anything Retro makes.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
We barely know what Town even is. And it's not even a Nintendo game, so it could show up elsewhere
I will bet you a copy of Town if it is ever announced to any other except Nintendo System. It's Game Freak game announced for Nintendo Switch in a Nintendo Direct. It's not coming to any other consoles.

Daemon X Machina looks interesting but so far I haven't really seen much in the way of variety. It looks very samey in all the footage I've seen. Maybe that'll change as I see more footage though.

Town is definitely on my radar but we know next to nothing about it yet. But I'm gonna possibly have DQ11 and Persona 5 on top of Pokemon gen 8 so I'm not sure I'll even have time for another RPG.

Yeah I am really hoping for the DQ11 personally. And of course I am going to retrodip on every single Final Fantasy mainline game for Switch :D

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I am really hoping for the DQ11 personally. And of course I am going to retrodip on every single Final Fantasy mainline game for Switch :D

Right I forgot about all the FFs. I've never actually played any outside of X so I might give some of those a try. It's looking like a great year for RPGs for sure.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Advance Wars though?
hubie.png
Hitoshi Yamagumi (Nintendo's producer, works on the Fire Emblem titles, and a lot of other stuff such as Pokémon) and Masahiro Higuchi (Intelligent Systems' producer, works on the Fire Emblem franchise) said in 2017 they would like to do a new Advance Wars. Multiple devs in the team has expressed to the leads their interest in doing a new one. So there's hope at least lol.

https://nintendoeverything.com/nint...s-have-interest-in-making-a-new-advance-wars/

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah games like Luigi's Mansion 3 has a strong appeal for me. I loved Luigi's Mansion and Dark Moon. That's a huge game for me. Pokémon is always huge for me too. A ton ton of Final Fantasy games...and I'm buying every single one. FFIX, VII and X are 3 of my favorite games of all time.

I'm worried about not having enough time to play games next year lol. NSMBU Deluxe I'm buying right off the bat in January and I really want to like Travis Strikes Again. I'm keeping an eye on it.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah games like Luigi's Mansion 3 has a strong appeal for me. I loved Luigi's Mansion and Dark Moon. That's a huge game for me. Pokémon is always huge for me too. A ton ton of Final Fantasy games...and I'm buying every single one. FFIX, VII and X are 3 of my favorite games of all time.

I'm worried about not having enough time to play games next year lol. NSMBU Deluxe I'm buying right off the bat in January and I really want to like Travis Strikes Again. I'm keeping an eye on it.

Yeah I am already starting with NSMBU and Tales of Vesperia (never played those) and I am really interested in Monster Boy, Gris and TSA !

It is going to be hard to keep up with the pace 2019 will bring.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited to see what Shinen is working on for Switch too. We know they're making a Switch game. Fast Racing is over a year and a half old. So we should see something from them.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hitoshi Yamagumi (Nintendo's producer, works on the Fire Emblem titles, and a lot of other stuff such as Pokémon) and Masahiro Higuchi (Intelligent Systems' producer, works on the Fire Emblem franchise) said in 2017 they would like to do a new Advance Wars. Multiple devs in the team has expressed to the leads their interest in doing a new one. So there's hope at least lol.

https://nintendoeverything.com/nint...s-have-interest-in-making-a-new-advance-wars/

Yamagami's quote isn't exactly inspiring confidence. I've been joking about Advance Wars with a military academy setting like Valkyria Chronicles 2... but I really don't need that. If they end um making one, I hope they come up with a great hook.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will bet you a copy of Town if it is ever announced to any other except Nintendo System. It's Game Freak game announced for Nintendo Switch in a Nintendo Direct. It's not coming to any other consoles.
that doesn't really prove anything. many third party games get announced in directs only to come to other systems day and date or later. I'm not writing Town in as a exclusive yet since it's a Game Freak IP and not a Nintendo one

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
that doesn't really prove anything. many third party games get announced in directs only to come to other systems day and date or later. I'm not writing Town in as a exclusive yet since it's a Game Freak IP and not a Nintendo one
You are right it doesn't prove anything. But with this particular game I am 100% certain it's Switch Exclusive. I am willing to bet on it.

No. It was just a port. They said they're working on something they've never done before.
Cool. Didn't know that. I was under the impression it was just the port they were making.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We need some Fatal Frame ports, y'all. And a new one.

But we can't let Maiden of Black Water die on the Wii U.

Let it die again on the Switch.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
What will be the big thing for a January direct. Will it be to see more footage of Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion 3? Will it be the first footage of Metroid Prime 4 or Animal Crossing or Bayonetta 3? Maybe it will be a combination of these. I think Nintendo needs to get 2019 off to a good start with the January direct representing what 2019 will be about. The 2018 Mini Direct did that.

I can see some spotlights for a couple of these games.

I think it's gonna be 1 or 2 "new" major games and that's it. The rest will be dates for the stuff. My guess it will be either Prime Trilogy, if it exists, or Pikmin or a major third party game (Persona/gta/nier)

So the first half will be NSMBU, Yoshi, Town, MPT/third party, FE, and LM3.

I think a really good sign for next year is that they already announced so many games in September . They love their surprises in each direct, so for them to show this much already likely means they have plenty left in the pipeline for next year.

At best town will get a PC or mobile version. It almost definitely will be a console exclusive.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
For sure. Nintendo announces ports three months before release, so we'll probably know them later. And we can have more third party games, like Octopath Traveler this year. But Bayonetta and Metroid won't release in 2019. There isn't any reason to thing they will release in 2019, but there are reasons to thing they won't.

Disagree, I definitely expecting at least 1-2 new Nintendo 1st party game that are not still confirmed like 2019. games or showed at all, so for instance I could easily see Bayonetta 3 or Metroid Prime 4 like December release.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Talking about Pokemon, on E3 2017. when Nintendo confirmed new Pokemon game is in development for Switch, they said they "aiming" for 2018. Holiday release, but game was never offcialy confirmed like 2018. game until Lets Go showing in 2018.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
As a first time player should I get Pokemon Let's Go Pika or Evee? I'm going to rent one of them but because of their popularity I was gonna request both and see which one arrives first. If I get Evee is it much different?

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a first time player should I get Pokemon Let's Go Pika or Evee? I'm going to rent one of them but because of their popularity I was gonna request both and see which one arrives first. If I get Evee is it much different?

Pick which one has the mascot Pokémon you like better. They're practically identical otherwise and the Pokémon exclusive to one version aren't really consequential and you can just trade with people online.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

There are only minor differences. Besides your starter there are a few Pokemon exclusive to each version but that's basically it. So it really only matters in terms of what Pokemon you like.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm worried about not having enough time to play games next year lol.
same. i'm already exhausted thinking about all the games i want to play in 2019, both upcoming games and games in my backlog:

- i've got skyrim and hyrule warriors that i haven't even started yet
- i've got the single player dlc for splatoon 2, xenoblade 2 and mario+rabbids that i want to buy and play
- there's going to be a picross s3 that i will spend 50 hours on
- there's a bunch of games that i've just kinda rushed to get to the credits and want to go back and play more (tropical freeze, bayonetta 1 and 2, celeste, mario odyssey, etc)
- then there's the new games that are confirmed for 2019. nsmbu deluxe, travis strikes again, yoshi, fire emblem, pokemon, crash team racing, doom eternal if comes out next year, resident evil remake and 4, sayonara wild hearts
- then there's whatever nintendo has planned but won't announce until a few months before release
- then there's surprise indies hits that i'll feel like i have to play

i kinda messed up by getting the switch a year late, now i feel like i'll never be able to catch up

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talking about Pokemon, on E3 2017. when Nintendo confirmed new Pokemon game is in development for Switch, they said they "aiming" for 2018. Holiday release, but game was never offcialy confirmed like 2018. game until Lets Go showing in 2018.
got a source on that? the video said "more than a year". the investor reports also said "2018 or later". and Masuda said the 2017 announcement was for Gen 8. whether the last statement was to "save face" can't really be known

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
got a source on that? the video said "more than a year". the investor reports also said "2018 or later". and Masuda said the 2017 announcement was for Gen 8. whether the last statement was to "save face" can't really be known

Yeah you are right, I remember when it said "more than a year" most people assumed Holiday 2018. launch, but my point is that games never was officaly confirmed like 2018. title until PLG announcement in 2018.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Feels weird that my most desired game of 2019 is something as simple as the bowling and/or golf from Wii Sports Resort. Even if they just revamped Wii Sports Club. To me, that's one of the biggest holes in the "casual fun" area of the Switch library.

Dog frisbee dude. Dog. Frisbee.

Was it Bamco who did that recent sorts resort rip off? If it wasn't for that I'd be totally on the speculation train for a while new Wuhu Island game
with added Pilotwings :P ...
Surely the main point of the joy-cons?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dog frisbee dude. Dog. Frisbee.

Was it Bamco who did that recent sorts resort rip off? If it wasn't for that I'd be totally on the speculation train for a while new Wuhu Island game
with added Pilotwings :P ...
Surely the main point of the joy-cons?
Go Vacation? that's not recent, that's a Wii port

Status
Not open for further replies.