• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SMB: Super Mario Bros.

Everyone will go batshit about Marios new hairstyle and Bowser wearing a fedora but it will end up being the best game in the series despite old fans not willing to admit it.
maybe with this mario?
display_18-stylish_mazxs71.jpg

Nick Nehidnyk

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe some new adjectives are in order?

Hyper Mario Brothers?

Mega Mario Brothers?

Ultra Mario Brothers?

Alpha Mario Brothers?

Omega Mario Brothers?

Or a combination?

Ultra Mega Super Duper Hyper Mario Bros Alpha X-treme!!!

James

Oct 25, 2017
US
There is no objectively false hot take in that response. Seems you haven't read it properly?! Especially not a hot take of any kind. How does any of that qualify as a hot take oO

You are probably right. "Hot take" was a poor word choice. Perhaps a bit of a hot take on my part. :)

Your post was still not useful as a response to my question. I asked for verification of a factual claim, and you reiterated some of the analytical and interpretive points.

That's fine, of course. More viewpoints are better. Leading with objectively false information as you did is frowned upon, though.

Sorry for the derail. I was just interested in the notion that the whole mini direct premise was actually false all along. (Of course I realize all the reasons why the pattern doesn't matter/apply.)

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So judging by the talk in this thread it seems fairly likely we're going to at least see some glimpses of some of these new IPs or new ways to play Kimishima teased this week, seemingly Thursday the 18th. They're likely going to be "casual" oriented so hopefully people can keep their expectations in that area.

I'm pretty excited to see these projects myself!

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
So judging by the talk in this thread it seems fairly likely we're going to at least see some glimpses of some of these new IPs or new ways to play Kimishima teased this week, seemingly Thursday the 18th. They're likely going to be "casual" oriented so hopefully people can keep their expectations in that area.

Mother 4, finally.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Retro Studios here we go!

On a more serious note, I hope we see some cool ideas for implementation of the joy cons. I think 1,2 Switch and ARMS were just the start.

Last edited:

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
If true, this is a big moment wrt Switch's future. New expanded audience IP have a history of bringing people into a Nintendo installed base, so we'll see how these all look they'll fare wrt to that, if they are really about to be announced.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If true, this is a big moment wrt Switch's future. New expanded audience IP have a history of bringing people into a Nintendo installed base, so we'll see how these all look they'll fare wrt to that, if they are really about to be announced.

What the insiders are saying in the other thread is that this is likely going to be a very short video, maybe not even billed as a Direct. So if we do wind up seeing something it'll likely be more of a teaser for these types of games/accessories somewhat similar to the Switch reveal video in October 2016.

Which suggests that it will be followed up by a bigger presentation later. So I wouldn't expect a blowout for these types of games, just a tease.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
What the insiders are saying in the other thread is that this is likely going to be a very short video, maybe not even billed as a Direct. So if we do wind up seeing something it'll likely be more of a teaser for these types of games/accessories somewhat similar to the Switch reveal video in October 2016.

Which suggests that it will be followed up by a bigger presentation later. So I wouldn't expect a blowout for these types of games, just a tease.
The biggest mistake people make with Nintendo announcements in general: expecting specific things

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest mistake people make with Nintendo announcements in general: expecting specific things
I mean, I have the "if true clause" in there and I mean it: I don't expect anything. I am on the lookout for things.

Also, I do think a first look at these kind of things could be exciting or uninspiring, even if it is just a glimpse. Then we'll have to see how it goes from there through to launch.

I don't really think I'm of a mistaken attitude just because when people start suggesting we might seem some content I start thinking of the possible importance of said content.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I mean, I have the "if true clause" in there and I mean it: I don't expect anything. I am on the lookout for things.

Also, I do think a first look at these kind of things could be exciting or uninspiring, even if it is just a glimpse. Then we'll have to see how it goes from there through to launch.

I don't really think I'm of a mistaken attitude just because when people start suggesting we might seem some content I start thinking of the possible importance of said content.
Was making a general observation :D

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
What about a 2D Zelda? It's been a minute since A Link Between Worlds (it was released in 2013) and that feels like it could be a decent Fall release. Isn't the Zelda team split into 2D and 3D teams? (I could be completely wrong)

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo is making a Zelda game for mobile that they should be releasing soon but who knows if they're happy with the game or not.

I could see Nintendo canceling it and starting over or just canceling it, I can't imagine Zelda will be successful on mobile unless it's gacha garbage and I can't see how you could make Zelda into gacha garbage easily.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get news on Retro at E3. This silence is getting ridiculous. I'm betting on an action adventure game.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to wonder whether Retro's project is going to be one of the most ambitious games Nintendo has ever done, or if they had massive development problems. 5 years is enough to make a Zelda game for goodness sake.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
At this point I seriously doubt that Retro is even able to do two projects at the same time. I mean, they can do stuff like support or ports but not two brand new games considering how long it took DKCTF to be released and especially how long their new project is taking.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't we know what Retro was working on now? There's no point in speculating anymore.

They've done a port of TF to Switch and another game to Switch that we don't know about. It's probably safe to say they don't have a third Switch game in development.

I expect to see this other Switch game at E3.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I do think that all this silence points more to some kind of development hell inside Retro than an extremely ambitious game. They would have given some news or hint otherwise, but they have been silent since DKCTF. 5 years is a lot.

Oct 26, 2017
I do think that all this silence points more to some kind of development hell inside Retro than an extremely ambitious game. They would have given some news or hint otherwise, but they have been silent since DKCTF. 5 years is a lot.

It's only been four years as of now!

(It will be 5 years without any word by the end of the year possibly).

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any rumors on a new 2D Zelds in the works for Switch? I don't mean the Link Between Worlds Switch edition.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
What if he specifically meant a new team within Retro?
That would be a pointless distinction to make for them as a key PR point during the announcement. "Nobody" cares about this (besides us). That'd have been a degree of detail that is just irrelevant to the audience from their perspective. If they say "new team" it's a different studio. To them Retro is just Retro.

Status
Not open for further replies.