1. Pancracio17

Pancracio17

Smash is long overdue. I think we will hear about it soon.

My main hope besides 3DS stuff is that they add a Subspace-like campaign mode. It would be really cool to see the caharacters interact with each other.

2. Enrico25

Enrico25

Does Emily mean third party exclusives or ports for this year?

3. Tsukinopio

Tsukinopio
    Banned Member

I don't care when it comes out as long as they reveal it soon. It's been almost five years since they revealed their last game. That's... ridiculous. My thinking is that if it was a new IP, they would have revealed it by now. If it's say, a 3D Donkey Kong game, they won't reveal it until after the Tropical Freeze port comes out, which is in May—curiously, one month before E3.

4. Imagine if Retro's next game comes out after Prime 4 >_>

When a Retro made Prime 4 could have been done by late 2016 and released like mid 2017.

5. Spyder_Monkey

Spyder_Monkey

Here's what I expect:
    -Great Plateau Stage
    -New Donk City Stage
    -Splatoon Stage
    -Some (not all) 3DS stages
    -BoTW costumes for Link and Zelda
    -Splatoon rep
    -(maybe) Arms rep + stage
    -Ice Climbers
    -Smash Run

Which honestly wouldn't be an insignificant amount of new content but it would still be the Wii U version at its base.

6. Plankton2

Plankton2

What if Retro's game is a 3D DK "pirate" game....but you play as the Kremlins!

Like imagine you can play as a customizable Kremlin, and form a party or go solo to lead raids on DK country. You gotta get through hordes of other monkeys and the bosses you fight are DK and his crew.

7. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

I'm excited for Mario Tennis Aces. Maybe they could do some kind of remake of Golden Sun in the future.

8. It's crazy we're coming up on the 4 year anniversary of TF next month!

9. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

10. chase beck

chase beck

I mean he has a point. People need to understand that as long as Nintendo is funding and publishing these games, their futures are ultimately Nintendo's decision.

11. TheMoon

TheMoon
    |OT| Member

it's literally the exact same thing he was already saying when everybody was begging for Bayo2 ports in 2014.

12. Zippo

Zippo

This may have been missed, from last night:

Should be about 7 hours from now

13. The

The

Will it be Switch related or just more financial reports?

14. MONSTER

MONSTER

i think they'll call if Smash Bros for Switch like with the for 3ds/wii u

15. Plinko

Plinko

HD Animal Crossing Christmas makes me hyped through the roof. I love that season on the game. Still holding out hope it's happening this year.

16. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

He's definitely super annoyed that people are still asking. I guess with Bayonetta 3 on the horizon these questions will pop up again.

17. My predictions (first party) for the second half of 2018 and into 2019.

2018:
    Yoshi
    Fire Emblem
    Labo stuff
    NSMB and/or Smash ports.
    Pokemon Switch (I really think they are going to try to push to get it out this year)
    Retro Studios game (I still think it's a new IP).

2019:
    Bayonetta 3
    Prime 4
    Pikmin 4
    Animal Crossing

etc.

18. TheMoon

TheMoon
    |OT| Member

Corporate Management Policy Briefings are where they outline general plans for everything for the foreseeable future.

19. delete12345

delete12345

More talks about DLC, part 2

20. Phendrift

Phendrift

what the fuck

21. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

What the hell is this? Lol

I hope it is Animal Crossing Switch because this is the year for Animal Crossing. AC, NSMBU, Fire Emblem, Smash, Yoshi, Retro’s game would be great for the second half.

22. Zippo

Zippo

HOLY SHiT

ANIMAL CROSSING BEING REVEALED AT THE INVESTORS BREFING?

6 HOURS

Edit: old Amiibo, false alarm.

23. mopinks

mopinks

it's just tommy's tummy

24. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

Omg it’s happening! Countdown the clock!

25. TheMoon

TheMoon
    |OT| Member

It's nothing. Jesus, why is this being posted everywhere. Stop overanalyzing this crap, people.

26. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

;(

27. Phendrift

Phendrift

28. h8bit

h8bit

literally nothing. just a post to pad out their social media calendar.

29. HomespunFur

HomespunFur

Me too, I sort of doubt it is this year though but I can dream.
    I'm really curious to see what new stuff they add.

30. Caldorosso

Caldorosso

Never played AC, what's the appeal?

31. Tsukinopio

Tsukinopio
    Banned Member

Kremlings, not Kremlins.

[​IMG]

32. Eolz

Eolz

They should post the G&W amiibo or WFT one next to make people crazier :p

33. TheMoon

TheMoon
    |OT| Member

Chilling in a town, doing "chores" for/with villagers. Hangout game.

34. ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Hopefully they add the adventure/subspace modes from previous titles.

35. Charamiwa

Charamiwa

I know most people don't care about that or even actively dismiss it, but I hope the new Smash Bros comes with its own Capcom Tour of sorts and go big on the e-sport aspect. It doesn't have to be obnoxious, just go for the same vibe you get for the tournaments at E3, just regularily throughout the year. The Smash community is vibrant and getting bigger, and obviously Nintendo is thinking about it considering the way they introduced Splatoon during the Switch reveal...

36. Yukinari

Yukinari

Of all the games to port the least believable is NSMBU.

Like at least pick something unique like Rainbow Curse or Wonderful 101.

37. NantenJex

NantenJex

I guess I'm late here but in regards to Smash Bros. I agree with Emily. I don't think we'll have a long turn-over period either, this will definitely be the shortest time from reveal to release so boy those will be some exciting weeks haha.

38. Zalman

Zalman

If Smash is a port of 4 with additional content, then I expect it to release this year. In this case it won't have as much new content as a brand new release, meaning there's no need for a long announcement-to-launch period. If however it's a brand new game I don't expect it to launch this year since it's going to take them a while to announce all the new and returning characters.

Having said that I'm leaning towards the first option.

39. IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Only if we are going to get information everyday then I'm all in for Smash Hype Train once again!

40. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

It’s going to be a short hype Smash hype cycle this time. There’s nothing as good as the Smash hype cycle. It was so much fun with brawl and Smash 4. I watched Gamexplain go through all the pictures. I loved it.

41. NantenJex

NantenJex

Not necessarily, the average Smash development cycle is 2 and a half years and by the end of this year, it will have been 2 and a half years since the DLC ended.

42. Slam Tilt

Slam Tilt

It's Nintendo's next move to appeal to a broader -- and more adult -- audience: Animal Crossing After Dark

43. Zalman

Zalman

You're right. What I mean is that, during the Wii U/3DS hype cycle, they spent a lot of time covering every aspect of the game since nearly everything was built from the ground-up. If it's a port, they won't have to go through all that content, all those modes again. They can instead focus on what's new, like new characters and stages. That should theoretically lead to a shorter hype cycle, even if the new content is substantial.

44. NantenJex

NantenJex

Oh yeah, that is very true, although it could still be a new game and they just reveal more at once. Like imagine if the reveal trailer just revealed all the returning stuff from Smash For straight away (within reason) and then left the 5 month build-up to just focus on new stuff like Characters, stages, items, modes, etc

45. Zalman

Zalman

They could definitely do that. I just get the sense that they like to have a long build-up for Smash games since they can drop news about it frequently. It's an easy way to get fans excited. That's why I think it's more likely to be a port if it's coming out this year, but you never know.

46. Plinko

Plinko

It's the best 2D Mario game ever, and was hamstrung by a system with a low install base. It's a sound move to release it on Switch.

47. It's not even as good as NSMB Wii.

48. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud

Nah. It’s the best of the NSMB series. It has an overworld map with secrets. It has memorable levels. The acorn power up is one of the best ever in the Mario series.

49. Plinko

Plinko

Demonstrably false. Challenge mode. Better, more varied levels. Super Luigi mode. Multiple secret paths/exits. It's a masterpiece.

50. TheMoon

TheMoon
    |OT| Member

Right, it's way better :)

Challenge mode and the map with secrets alone puts it at the top.