• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oracion

Jan 7, 2018
Tokyo
Super Mario Party (Japanese official website)
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adfja/

"COMING SOON"
So... coming free update?

S8u10Y9.jpg

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The rumor is Platinum Games is working on 3 Switch games for Switch including Bayonetta 3.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/11/rumour_platinumgames_is_working_on_three_switch_titles

I know who the source is so don't tell me lol. I got the three games as

- Bayonetta 3
- F-Zero
- Viewtiful Joe 3 or The Wonderful 101

Liam talks a lot about Platinum Games on his podcast. I think he mentioned Wonderful 101 isn't coming, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll have to recheck.

I also hear much rumbling of a new platinum game beside Bayonetta ;3 by kamiya himself for a while now for the switch

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will cry tears of joy if Viewtiful Joe 3 gets made

I will cry tears of resentment if Wonderful 101 2 gets made over VJ3

I will still buy though W101-2 though

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like the Wonderful 101. I think there was a demo I tried and it wasn't fun. So for me I hope they're not working on The Wonderful 102 or a port. I'd like for it to be something different.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Saddens me that wonderful 101 bomb'd it had such a Saturday morning cartoon vibe to it, the characters were.....wonderful lol.

But yeah the gameplay was tooo chaotic for its own good. Game definitely had some pacing problems where it wouldn't let you take a rest heh.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
we don't know what kamiya himself is working on, right? there was speculation that he's working on something with capcom. it it turns out he's working on a switch exclusive with nintendo a few (or more than a few) people won't be happy.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
we don't know what kamiya himself is working on, right? there was speculation that he's working on something with capcom. it it turns out he's working on a switch exclusive with nintendo a few (or more than a few) people won't be happy.
You're telling me we could get Bayonetta 2 for Wii U meltdowns again?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're telling me we could get Bayonetta 2 for Wii U meltdowns again?
maybe not to that degree but something similar, since it won't be the sequel to a beloved game. there won't be "stealing our games" type of reaction, but some people would be disappointed that they don't get to play the next kamiya game on their console of choice.
whatever it is, i hope nintendo gives him the budget and freedom to just go crazy and make something unique and new.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People are getting their real true DMC5 next year and Platinum game's trust has fallen over the years so....no

We are over the age where everyone wanted Platinum games to make a spinoff/ sequel to X franchise.

maybe not to that degree but something similar, since it won't be the sequel to a beloved game. there won't be "stealing out games" type of reaction, but some people would be disappointed that they don't get to play the next kamiya game on their console of choice.
whatever it is, i hope nintendo gives him the budget and freedom to just go crazy and make something unique and new.

Yeah I couldn't really think of anything other than Viewtiful Joe 3 and that's with Nintendo working with Capcom.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Star Fox Zero isn't their problem. That's on Nintendo.

I'm well aware of that, I'm just trying to think about what Ehovash could've meant about their trust/reputation.

that'd be stupid
and seeing how platinum games keep getting new contracts at square enix and nintendo, i think their reputation is still peaking right now, if not more than ever

Yeah I would agree with that, just trying to think about whether or not those games have (rightfully or not) affected their reputation at all.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
can't believe i've fallen in an alternate dimension where nier automata and bayonetta 2 aren't amongst the highest rated games of the generation

Bayonetta was 2014, 4 years ago. Since then Platinum hasn't been in the best shape. With star fox reviewing poorly, their licensed games being bad ( TMNT, Korra) and the cancellation of scalebound. Nier automata got critical praise more for it's story and characters due to the brilliant mind of Square enix's Yokotoro. Niers gameplay which Platinum worked on was recieved as average at best. And most Platinum fans considered it a water down Bayonetta

Anyway nier did put them back on the road map. And Platinum game's aregames are gun for hire. So yeah pls look forward to

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm well aware of that, I'm just trying to think about what Ehovash could've meant about their trust/reputation

my elaborate and very in-depth thinking is that he's just bullshiting

Bayonetta was 2014, 4 years ago. Since then Platinum hasn't been in the best shape. Also nier automata got critical praise more for it's story and characters due to the brilliant mind of Square enix's Yokotoro Nier'e gameplay which Platinum worked on was recieved as average at best. And most Platinum fans considered it a water down Bayonetta

since 2014 they released the universally acclaimed nier automata and have showcased very promising gameplay of the granblue fantasy console game adaptation. they also announced bayonetta 3 with nintendo, babylon's fall with square enix, lost order with the gigantic cygames and world of demons with DeNa

they're doing as fine as before

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand how DMC5 would somehow make Bayonetta 3 less great. They're not even releasing at the same time or even on the same system. The only point of comparison is their both character action games but even then that still means we're getting two character action games in the same year.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's going to be DMCV vs Bayonetta 3 discussions. I've already seen some people talking down on Bayonetta since their precious DMC has returned. And of course it'll be another frigging PS4/XB1 vs Switch bs too.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
The rumor is Platinum Games is working on 3 Switch games for Switch including Bayonetta 3.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/11/rumour_platinumgames_is_working_on_three_switch_titles

I know who the source is so don't tell me lol. I got the three games as

- Bayonetta 3
- F-Zero
- Viewtiful Joe 3 or The Wonderful 101

Liam talks a lot about Platinum Games on his podcast. I think he mentioned Wonderful 101 isn't coming, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll have to recheck.

That's interesting, assuming it's real, it would make their dev cycle a bit more hectic

We know they are working on Babylon Fall (PS4), Bayonetta 3 (NSW), Lost Order (mobile) and GranBlue Fantasy (PS4), as well as an original IP that Inaba has mentioned.

Could they add 2 more brand new games going along with everything else on their plate? Maybe it's a port + the new IP mentioned, or maybe 1 new exclusive, which Nintendo would be heavily sponsoring. Those guys are pretty crazy workhorses, but even then that rumor is saying you might see 2 games in 2019, which I don't know all things considering.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's interesting, assuming it's real, it would make their dev cycle a bit more hectic

We know they are working on Babylon Fall (PS4), Bayonetta 3 (NSW), Lost Order (mobile) and GranBlue Fantasy (PS4), as well as an original IP that Inaba has mentioned.

Could they add 2 more brand new games going along with everything else on their plate? Maybe it's a port + the new IP mentioned, or maybe 1 new exclusive, which Nintendo would be heavily sponsoring. Those guys are pretty crazy workhorses, but even then that rumor is saying you might see 2 games in 2019, which I don't know all things considering.

Are they still making the mobile game? I wished Nintendo just owned PG lol.

Well they do great work with them as it is so I want it to continue.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i hope if it happens, it's a proper look into the game and not some bayo 3 style teaser that tells us nothing about the game. after getting just a [badly designed] logo last e3 it'd be pretty lame if the second time the game get's a trailer it's nothing too.

Are they still making the mobile game? I wished Nintendo just owned PG lol.

Well they do great work with them as it is so I want it to continue.
that's really not a good idea imo. it's too risky, there's no way to guarantee that in a year or two kamiya and the main guys won't leave the studio to form another one and work on games for other systems as well. they seem to also want to create games for more powerful hardware, and this way they get to keep their freedom while working on great games for different publishers.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i hope if it happens, it's a proper look into the game and not some bayo 3 style teaser that tells us nothing about the game. after getting just a [badly designed] logo last e3 it'd be pretty lame if the second time the game get's a trailer it's nothing too.

that's really not a good idea imo. it's too risky, there's no way to guarantee that in a year or two kamiya and the main guys won't leave the studio to form another one and work on games for other systems as well. they seem to also want to create games for more powerful hardware, and this way they get to keep their freedom while working on great games for different publishers.
Yeah their relationship is good as it is. Still hoping Nintendo expands in the west. Western expansion is more important.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
If Nintendo wants to sell 15 million Switches before April not only it needs Smash and Pokemon but also huge announcements. In my opinion, MP4 at the VGA plus an early January direct with big names (Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, etc.) are a given. Switch sales doubled after Ultimate announcement at E3, people do buy consoles after big announcements.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Does this twitter account still have an ounce of credibility? Honestly they (or he/she, we don't really know if it really is a group of people) are worse than Marcus Sellars in my book.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
They hinted at 2 additional Platinum games on Switch on top of bayonetta, directed by Kamiya or whatever bullshit they could come up with.

Ah I remember Platinum hinted at an "interesting" Switch game they were working on which may or may not have been Bayonetta so it wouldn't surprise me if they have more than one. But yeah I dunno where the third came from, probably just a guess.

Or maybe they're porting TW101. Either way yeah LeakyPanda doesn't know anything, best to ignore them.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Ah I remember Platinum hinted at an "interesting" Switch game they were working on which may or may not have been Bayonetta so it wouldn't surprise me if they have more than one. But yeah I dunno where the third came from, probably just a guess.

Or maybe they're porting TW101. Either way yeah LeakyPanda doesn't know anything, best to ignore them.

My guess is that this twitter just grabs info and hints left and right on forums, like the one you just mentioned, then waits a couple of months and shoots in the dark hoping to land on something. It may eventually work, but so far their track record is dreadful.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Does this twitter account still have an ounce of credibility? Honestly they (or he/she, we don't really know if it really is a group of people) are worse than Marcus Sellars in my book.
Vandal Leaks aka Leaky Pants aka Leaky Panda is buddies with Sellars.

Not worth discussing for a second.
Why are we talking about Leakypanda all of a sudden?

Did they say something about Bayonetta?
Top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.