• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
From Nintendo's earnings release

697d08c560.png

Last edited:

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
Disappointing, less than last year? :/

Edit: title used to say 16m

Last edited:

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the plan was 20M?

EDIT: OP fixed

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
20 million for the fiscal year is conservative? Even with Smash and Pokemon, the initial launch period is over and the first half of the year is devoid of many big games save for Labo. This sounds about right to me, and very achievable.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn. These numbers make WiiU look even worse, what a disaster that was. Pokemon will make Switch become the best-selling console this gen (yes, they think they are already next gen, I know).

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
If they have Pokemon during holiday season? Seems realistic. If not? Gonna be tough.

I think they could shift Pokemon back to early Spring if they need to and still hit 20 mil that way. They haven't done that since Black and White, so maybe they won't. On the other hand, BotW did extremely well and was an early Spring game.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017

Looking
ahead, we plan to leverage this momentum to reach an even broader range of consumers and expand the installed base of the hardware. Specifically, we released Nintendo Labo in April as an offering of a new way to play, and then we are slated to release Mario Tennis Aces in June, as well as the latest entry from the popular series,Super Smash Bros.(temp.) within the year. We expect to release several hit titles from other software publishers as well. Then in September, we will begin offering the Nintendo Switch Online paid service to expand the online functionality of Nintendo Switch. Our goal is to take full advantage of the platform by continuously introducing compelling new software while further increasing sales of popular titles that are already in the market.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I can see Pokemon and Smash being able to bring it home like that.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds very optimistic. And we don't know yet what's coming after Tropical Freeze.

I wonder if we will get a new Direct before E3, or are they saving all their strength for the event. I hope the second option happens, I'd like to see a 1-hour E3 Direct.

Weird there's no Pokemon Direct about the new game yet. They usually have their exclusive one.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They want to ship 100 million copies of software from beginning of April to late March 2019? Oh yeah Pokémon confirmed for me coming this year. You're going to need big heavy hitters.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Conservative estimate is probably the best way to go.

Understand that Smash was never a system seller the likes of Mario Kart. I bet you the majority of people interested in Smash probably already have a Switch.