• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
4 First party million sellers
FY23 (April ~ June '22)

Nintendo Switch Sports 4.84M(Q1&LTD)
Mario Strikers Battle League 1.91M(Q1&LTD)
Kirby and the Forgotten Land 1.88M(Q1) , 4.53M (LTD)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 1.48M(Q1) , 46.82M (LTD)

Hardware 3.43M (Q1) & 111.08M (LTD)
Software 41.41M (Q1) & 863.59M (LTD)
Note Software LTD doesnt include digital only titles

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2022/220803e.pdf
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2022/220803_2e.pdf

Last edited:

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
It makes a lot of sense to me that Mario Kart and Kirby sold this well. And that's all I'm gonna say.

Oct 25, 2017
Hardware sales down 23% compared to last year, though the number is still better than a lot of pre-Covid Q1s.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
switch sports killing it, but strikers and kirby, woweeeeee

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look like Arceus's legs are anything to be impressed by, given how strong its first quarter was.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Q1 2021 was 3.83M hardware and 48.6M software.
That was Q2

So down like the other consoles yoy, but not by that much.

Last edited:

Kimbou

Jan 22, 2021
Forgotten Land on the way to take the crown as best selling Kirby game.

Strikers did well too.

No Three Hopes but that's to be expected as it got tracked for only a few days and is that thing with separate Japanese and Western sale numbers.

Gameflow

Apr 14, 2022
I always forgot that the Switch already overtook the Wii in sales :) Very interesting to see how crazy good 2021 was for Nintendo. Will Nintendo drop the price soon to slow down the "decline" of sales or do they only do that when the next concosle is on the horizon? Very happy to see the good sales for Strikers, but more importantly for Kirby.

Last edited:

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn. Every report I have the same amazement at MK8D literal eternal legs. Basically GTA level.

It's wild to think any company would announc a 2 year long additional DLC roadmap for a port of a 8 year old game, but looking at it sales it somehow makes perfect sense.

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio
The Switch has really future proofed/solidified a ton of franchises moving forward. So many ever green titles, franchises experiencing explosive sales increases over previous gens etc. The Switch effect is real.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's also a decent reminder of how important multiplayer is for Pokémon's legs, I suppose.

Baobab

Feb 4, 2021
Switch must sell just 7 million consoles to overtake PS4.
I would have never thought of that after the wii u.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Smash will hit 30 million this year.

Good to see Let's Go still on the top 10.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Good numbers for Switch Sports! Let's hope they can sort out the supply chain.

Curious to see what Nintendo will do next year, the amount of amazing software this year is crazy.

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio
I'm beginning to understand why Nintendo doesn't feel the need to reveal or release new/upcoming games. Why bother and what's the rush? They must be sitting on at least a handful of games.

These evergreen and smaller titles are carrying them to the promise land.

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
Arceus walked so that Scarlet/Violet could run. Impressive sales nevertheless.

I was hoping for MK8D to go over 50 million in this report but it barely missed the mark.

EDIT: chancged 40 to 50

Last edited:

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Must be the most impressive selling console of all time that doesn't have a price drop and the last revision is more expensive.

Has any other console not gotten any price drop during 6 years on the market?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I'm beginning to understand why Nintendo doesn't feel the need to reveal or release new/upcoming games. Why bother and what's the rush? They must be sitting on at least a handful of games.

But they released new million sellers last quarter and LaL/XB3 just released as well. with Splatoon 3 releasing next month.

They are have been consistently releasing games over the year, yet people here act as if they don't release or announce games.

What big games have other publishers been releasing through the summer ?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

But they have been releasing games, unless you consider Xenoblade & Splatoon to be smaller titles.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Must be the most impressive selling console of all time that doesn't have a price drop and the last revision is more expensive.

Has any other console not gotten any price drop during 6 years on the market?
It did have an official price drop in the European market last year

www.gamesindustry.biz

Nintendo drops base model Switch price in Europe

Original story, September 13, 2021: Nintendo has dropped the retail price for the base Switch console in the UK and mai…

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
It did have an official price drop in the European market last year

www.gamesindustry.biz

Nintendo drops base model Switch price in Europe

Original story, September 13, 2021: Nintendo has dropped the retail price for the base Switch console in the UK and mai…
Wasn't 299 the introduction price? I got it for 309 at launch, but I think some French stores like FNAC sold it for as low as 280. Nintendo can only claim suggested prices as far as I'm aware in Europe anyway.