• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing there must be some misunderstanding with these tweets because he seems to be suggesting Switch digital ratio is 40% and Octopath sold 1M digitally only in 3 weeks.

I thought Octopath hit 1M total in around that time, not just digital.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stock issues very likely drove people to digital with Ocotopath. At least there is that option in this day and age if the publisher plans small

Umibozu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Digital alone 1 million sold for octopath in 3 weeks. That's crazy. Game deserves it

Last edited:

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Are we sure that Octopath statement is translated correctly? Because damn 1 million digital-only in 3 weeks is insane

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
well there's a chance that octopath tweet is error. best have to wait for the slides to be uploaded for confirmation

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
The Octopath supply constraints were bad but 1m digital is nuts.

The general digital ratio of 40% is surprisingly high too.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the Octopath bit was more like "it sold 1 million units in 3 weeks thanks to high digital sales" rather than it doing so fully digital.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
40% ratio for digital is nice. The myth that switch owners do not purchase software digitally needs to end.

Oct 25, 2017
Is that octopath data accurate? Seems kind of crazy, the game was undershipped so the digital attach rate should be high, but I think we heard that it reached 1M a few weeks after launch so it seems unlikely
40% ratio for digital is nice. The myth that switch owners do not purchase software digitally needs to end.
Eh, with most software being digital only on Switch, 40% isnt' too impressive.
Nintendo should really push digital sales more

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The Octopath supply constraints were bad but 1m digital is nuts.

The general digital ratio of 40% is surprisingly high too.

Apparently that's not what he meant, he meant 60% of their digital sales are digital copies of retail games, and 40% are eshop only games.

It's worded confusingly.

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
Is that octopath data accurate? Seems kind of crazy, the game was undershipped so the digital attachrate should be high, but I think we heard that it reached 1M a few weeks after launch so it seems unlikely

I'm almost certain it's an error. 1 million copies total in 3 weeks is still great, but I'm sure it includes physical.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If that 1 million in digital is accurate (which I'm dubious until clarified), that would make its July NPD top spot all the more impressive since it doesn't track digital.

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
doublechecked the octopath thing. the 1m shipped tweet was 3 weeks after game release

so yeah high chance the livetweet earlier is a mistake